Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

Update (4-8-2011)

Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well as I have been sitting on a ton of dq points anticipating another Gen summer sale or additions to the list of goodies to trade for, the news that the medals (which I hadn't bothered to get yet) are removed is kinda bad.

Not like I was going for rank 9 in any serious way at the moment, but its nice that the best option to do it has been taken away due to an exploit lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can't you just fix the bug so you can't make them tradeable?

I've been farming for ages to get DQ points for Rank 9...

Wasted effort...
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I agree with the exploit being handled.

Very curious in the coin trade-in for DQ points as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SaiyanGohan - Lost City
    SaiyanGohan - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How will we get Medals for Rank 9 now?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    TW, like it was intended to be.

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it, maybe get a few people back in the Cube of Fate :)

Cube doesn't give chests any more though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ya... let's **** the people that have been farmign for ages to get medals and were jsut about to (not me but look above), instead of just FIXING the exploit. GG PWI.... again......

And can you elaborate on #3? What, we give Jolly jones our coins for DQ points?

Cube doesn't give chests any more though.

You'd think a GM would know that... b:surrender
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How will we get Medals for Rank 9 now?

You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yay, because you guys are too stupid and can't learn to fix bugs/prevent them from happening in the first place, the members of PWI need to suffer :D
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How much does it cost to get the 150 points from Jones, though? :o
    Also, is there a limit as to how many times you can take this quest a day?

Also @ the rage towards medals being removed... shouldn't you be grateful they were ever in there in the first place? PW doesn't owe you easily obtainable medals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sad that the game gave into the scammers instead of taking care of them... but what else is new.. not like people didn't send in tickets about them.

As for the chest of coins... what another joke.. Why in thee world would we spend our dq's points on something that is worthless.. We dont want them when we cube it.. getting it on the cube run and dropping it cause it isnt worth the hammer wont make it anymore valuable when we have to spend our dq points on it THEN still but the hammer...

Now letting us get a hammer with points.. that would make the chest more valuable... but what do the players know...
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Agree with Evanera.

Rather than fixing a bug, you just get rid of the item. I wanted Rank 9 and I wanted to get it with FARMING.

No doubt it will end up back in the cash shop.

At least confirm once the bug is sorted they will be put back in again

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

Ah, nice, wish you guys goodluck on that one. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How much does it cost to get the 150 points from Jones, though? :o
    Also, is there a limit as to how many times you can take this quest a day?

You can see here on the DQ Rewards page, in the new Quest tab, it's going to be 100,000 coins for 150 DQ points.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sad that the game gave into the scammers instead of taking care of them... but what else is new.. not like people didn't send in tickets about them.

As for the chest of coins... what another joke.. Why in thee world would we spend our dq's points on something that is worthless.. We dont want them when we cube it.. getting it on the cube run and dropping it cause it isnt worth the hammer wont make it anymore valuable when we have to spend our dq points on it THEN still but the hammer...

Now letting us get a hammer with points.. that would make the chest more valuable... but what do the players know...

So you seem not to understand that the change was made so you can SELL the chest of coins to npcs FOR MORE DQ points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Solara_craft - Heavens Tear
    Solara_craft - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    All I can say is this...

**** YOU.

Yes, I AM mad.

-.-;
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/SolGDArch.png[/SIGPIC]
    Alt's:
    Disarmonia_X - 101 Cleric
    Shadows_Muse - 100 Wiz; Ω
    b:heartAneurysmal/MetalPenguinb:dirty
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options

/facepalm.... You npc the Chest FOR 500 points, you don't GET CHEST with DQ points...... >.<
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LMFAO ROFL!!!! b:laugh

Wow...Just Wow...

Chest of Coins THE MOST WORTHLESS THING TO EVER BE PUT IN THE GAME!!!!!!

People are going to Rageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Of all things Chest of Coins? LOLOLOLOOLOLOL....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Armengar - Lost City
    Armengar - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it, maybe get a few people back in the Cube of Fate :)

but you removed chests of coins from the CoF rewards? is this going to be changing aswell?
  • SaiyanGohan - Lost City
    SaiyanGohan - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

So basically pay 100 mil a medal?

There goes me saving up my gold for rank 9.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You can see here on the DQ Rewards page, in the new Quest tab, it's going to be 100,000 coins for 150 DQ points.

Wow really???? Do you people not actually log in the game and look at **** before you do things? People sell the 35 pt DQ items for like 12k........ you can get 150 DQ points for like 50k....... and your'e trying to give it to us for 100k? lmao
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Wow...Just Wow...

Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol, you're kidding me, right? So all those who were able to get rank 9 are considered "lucky" that they were able to merch it before you failed to fix your own problems, and the rest of us get shafted and probably will have to pay double or triple the price for it? Good freaking game. -1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chuck_N - Lost City
    Chuck_N - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    10m says the medals will be in the cash shop for 50 gold next rep sale.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Wow...Just Wow...

no silly, they are vendored to gain 500 points b:cute

now my 77 i stashed away are worth 38.5k.....except now i cant buy medals of glory so it's kinda moot b:sad
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    #1 fail

#2 at least it's worth SOMETHING now... not that i have any :/

#3 fail....
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

1: Medal Of Glory Removed

All Items Obtained To The Dq System Were Meant To Be Bound To Your Character; This Was Done To Minimize Their Influence On The In-game Economies. Unfortunately, Due To An Exploit That Allowed Players To Turn Untradeable Medals Into Tradeable Medals, We Had To Remove Them From The Dq Rewards List.

Also, We Would Liked To Have Given More Notice Before Removing Them, But The Last Thing We Wanted Was A Huge Run On Medals, Thus Causing Even More Damage Via The Exploit, So I Am Sorry That It Had To Happen Suddenly Like This.

the Right Way To Fix This Is As Follows:

set All Medals Of Glory To Untradeable
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Armengar - Lost City
    Armengar - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

in other words they will be back in the CS for 25 gold each
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol, you're kidding me, right? So all those who were able to get rank 9 are considered "lucky" that they were able to merch it before you failed to fix your own problems, and the rest of us get shafted and probably will have to pay double or triple the price for it? Good freaking game. -1

Quote for f***ing truth.

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

what good will that do.. we can already buy dragon quest items in bulk from players for much less than that.

its what.. 6 tt 90 items for 150 dragon points?

that costs like 60k AND u get like 20k back from selling the items.

so its like down to 40k..

no sane person is going spend 100k coin for 150 dragon points

and i fail to understand the reasoning how making a worthless item such as chest of cube more easily obtainable will make it any less worthless..
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
This discussion has been closed.