Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
  • Darnoth - Sanctuary
    Darnoth - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Medals of glory aren't for sale in the cash shop right now.. seems a little strange they'd have a rep, and chip sale, but no reason to really buy the chips now, or get more than R8 rank.

Seems PWI would be losing money this time.
  • SlayersSin - Heavens Tear
    SlayersSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guess they like having useless content, mobs that nobody cares to kill, and worthless items.
    So much for r9 daggers.

This change was clearly to prevent people from (OMFG) achieving anything without forking over massive loads of cash. Excuses are ****ing pathetic. Exploit?? You mean what you've been doing to us all this time?? **** you.

You just totally killed your dq point system. Do you not realize that although the points are free, the **** you offer is just **** and nobody is going to go out of their way to farm or pay through the market for dq points.

I don't even need to mention how stupid the chest of coins/dq points thing is considering this change. WTG

PWI you just made me put my wallet away. b:bye
  • Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary
    Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Imo, they should never have introduced Medals as award for DQ points. Since they did, it's hard to swallow for ANY reason to take it away.

Of course I am disappointed as I am only half way to getting my 4th piece (non-weapon yet) of R9 - and all I did in the past few months was grind for DQ to earn coins for chips and get DQ points.

However, I want to be optimistic so it comforts me somewhat to see the medals are not currently on sale along with rep and chips in the boutique. I hope that's a sign that they are trying to figure out another way to get us medals as mentioned. Right now, I am holding my gold and not buy any chips to see whether I even want to continue with R9.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thats just so sad

The medals was the only viable item in that dq point shop. There is no sense to farm dq points now anymore and all the Points allready stacked are worthless for the moment unless you wanna trash them for trash items.

It feelt like a viable way to obtain r9 somehow, it was my excitement to continue playing this static game with a expansion that didnt bring anyting interesting for existing charakters.

This kinda kills my desire to farm DQ and Merc/Deposit usd for the rep/chips to gain r9.

Everyone who got r9 allready got it considerly cheaper and can now take advantage of it to the fullest since new r9 wont raise up at the same speed anymore. The ones who profited from the exploit do now profit even more with their shiny gear and the people who didnt use the expoit are the Idiots again.

just thank you b:shutup
    I hate Room 38
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    All medals aside they also widened the gap< to much this time I think>between sombody that spends 20 bucks and 100 bucks a month. There is no way for the 20 dollar player to farm for part of there earnings with the only in game method to make some extra coins.<other then being a boring **** merchant>gone.

so if 20 dollar a month player has no chance why spend the 20 bucks is my thinking.

10's of other worthwile games to play out there that will entertain you for 10-15 bucks a month.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So many people with <10 post count.

I bet PWI intentionally does these controversial things to boost forum activity. Same thing happened the weird game-changing sales in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No honestly they did smoke to much crack this time cuz some people already left and will not give it a second thought. I know this personaly. actually I have.

I'm just having fun trolling while I shop my logs on my beloved R.unescape
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes the rules have changed... again...

This has happened before and will again.

The thing that worries me the most is not Medals disappearing... It's the powerlevelled noobs I have to face every day b:chuckle

Learn how to play... or get your daddy0s CC..and payb:angry
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No honestly they did smoke to much crack this time cuz some people already left and will not give it a second thought. I know this personaly. actually I have.

I'm just having fun trolling while I shop my logs on my beloved R.unescape

Nah they smoked just as much crack as the time they put rep on sale, sold like 3 different packs at once, came out with anni packs in the first place, blah blah blah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They probably all in some big meeting right now trying to figure out what we so worked up about.

Not sure i have ever seen a company so disconnected from it's customers.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They probably all in some big meeting right now trying to figure out what we so worked up about.

I think PWE does rank pretty low on the "care" meter but if you haven't seen worse then you should put PW down and see a bit more of the world lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Lol, we haven't played the same games b:chuckle

But keep trying... you'll see they aren't as bad as you think
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    n now it will go allot cheaper since they removed th medal (which y most players buy DQ for)

really its like they managing another game (they really dont know whats going on ingame)

hope they put something that worth it in there now or allot of players will loss there money sources..

Get your fact right please: they DO know what's going on n the game, and THIS is a direct frontal attack to people earning gold ingame and making coins by farming.
    With a more limited way of making coins, more people will resort to buying gold from site instead of in-game.

They are not innocent clueless guys, but bloody vicious sharks.
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What else is new? You guys are acting like this is the first time they messed something up.

You can at least get to rank8. As for me I play 3 other mmo's so its not like it effects me much if they ruined a way to get to Rank9, just means I will do more Lunar, and RB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Even with rank on sale.. the pathetic drop rates and value of them will make rank 8 pretty much out of the question without a pure cash shop investment.

if you grind 2m a day for the duration of the sale you wont even come close.
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Medals of glory aren't for sale in the cash shop right now.. seems a little strange they'd have a rep, and chip sale, but no reason to really buy the chips now, or get more than R8 rank.

Seems PWI would be losing money this time.

It's a 4 week sale, just wait a week or two.
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why not just ban those using the exploit instead of punishing us all? I just recently made enough DQ points for a couple medals of glory, but was waiting to get them until I had enough for at least 3 and now I find I can't get them anymore? Thanks a lot, PWI, and thanks a lot you sack of **** exploiters, for once again ****ing up the game for the rest of us. What is wrong with you people???

Come up with a better fix than to **** the rest of us over - now what? I'm gonna have to pay all those who exploited a glitch or whatever for the damn medals... Way to fix things, PWI, give the greedy *******s MORE coin and **** the hardworking people.
  • Ursadonus - Sanctuary
    Ursadonus - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    40 pages of responses ....amazing ...u guys rly think any GM / dev will read this ? whats done is done.
    with the removal of medals we finally have a confirmation that the devs rly have no clue how to fix stuff ....just like rubberbanding they added a tip saying " dont stand on heads of the NPC cause they get pissed off " or something like this because they had no idea how to fix it ...and now instead of making medal unstackable they REMOVED them :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

1 question for devs : u are just starting to learn programming ? C++ is too hard for u atm ?

ps : where can i get the sig "this game is dead" ?
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Waiting for this thread to get unstickied & disappear. b:quiet
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    As soon as the rumor bout aps being nurfed starts spreading
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The funny part is that those "glitch abusers" are now earning more than they ever have with the Medals of Glory skyrocketing from their normal price :p

Pro pwi... pro... You sure showed them.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

We arent customers....I can't say it enough, we are doners. Being a customer implies we acually get something in return. We actually purchase a product. This is however not the case here. When you put money in you get nothing. According to the Terms of Service, A.K.A. ToS, everything from your account to your toons and your items are all property of PWE either expressed or implied. Your character, yeah, you don't ownt hem. That rank nine gear, yeah, you don't own that either. All of it is property of PWE. So it doesn't matter how you spin it, you will not, now, or ever, be a customer of PWE. You are a doner plaina nd simple.

You are now hereby educated. Go and walk among the enlightened, your ignorance has been cured......hopefully.
  • Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear
    Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    We arent customers....I can't say it enough, we are doners. Being a customer implies we acually get something in return. We actually purchase a product. This is however not the case here. When you put money in you get nothing. According to the Terms of Service, A.K.A. ToS, everything from your account to your toons and your items are all property of PWE either expressed or implied. Your character, yeah, you don't ownt hem. That rank nine gear, yeah, you don't own that either. All of it is property of PWE. So it doesn't matter how you spin it, you will not, now, or ever, be a customer of PWE. You are a doner plaina nd simple.

You are now hereby educated. Go and walk among the enlightened, your ignorance has been cured......hopefully.

+1000000000000000000000 quotedforthetruthb:victory
    You know, your eyebrow drives me crazy. It's so thick, i'ts so dark, so very...connected...b:dirty
  • Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear
    Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dear devs, your incompetence has reached its limits. How do you manage to keep your jobs, please enlighten usb:shocked
    You know, your eyebrow drives me crazy. It's so thick, i'ts so dark, so very...connected...b:dirty
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options

Although I did actually know that.. I have never seen it so agressively exercised by a company.

Reminds me I gotta go buy some NPC armor.
  • Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear
    Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sht like this makes me happy im going to boot camp in 2 months where i can finaly not waist my life with this fail game that has a horrible end game for high levels...

can u at least check out world of ******** and steal some idea

u guys literaly blocked war-craft ,haha u guys r so jealous of them
  • Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear
    Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    BTW where are your "added items" ?

Or was it mean that these "added items" are the "Quest" and this Chest? So well we can have more DQPoints now for exactly what? Give my toons daily a new look or take this overpriced Chips, oh well i can change colour of my fashion 3 times a day now.

U put this point rewards in to compare the lower prices for the items, but to compare somthing means take one part from one side and put a part to the other side, simple like this.
    Except from the medals there is nothing really u put on the other side, i mean somthing really, if i want to play a girlgame with changing clothes, colours ... i wouldnt play this game.

From the start of this pointsystem u sayd that there are coming more things on the list as reward, its btw ages ago now, and it happened exactly nothing.

As u have take away the only thing worth it and even bother to save for, why dont u take this pointsystem away complete?

I play/ed a lot of games, i really except not much, and its in every "Free" game the same, if they get Cash they sell the own grandparents but u should really get an award for this, in this point u are really on top
  • KawaiiPie - Raging Tide
    KawaiiPie - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My dreams of rank 9 gear dashed...now how am I supposed to become OP like the cash shoppers and their credit cards. Another reason to re roll as another class to keep the game interesting.

o_O...chest of coins...should have added an untradable golden hammer to DQ rewards instead of the chest. That would really get the chest of coins more in game value.

O_O yeah! Sell DQ items and then buy DQ points with the coins! Win Win b:thanks
  • naruko1993
    naruko1993 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am utterly amazed at the number of people who's reading comprehension skills are so poor that they have yet to realize chest of coins are to be SOLD for DQ points, not BOUGHT with DQ points.

LOL I'm sitting here reading the posts because I'm bored and wondering what people have to say and this quote said what I was thinking. Anyways um... yeah now if any1 still has chest of coins you can sell them for 500 points, this was probably intended for people who did cube of fate regularly or made many attempts back when the chest of coins was still in the cube. Oh yeah and I think there's still other ways of getting that chest now but i forgot how, although I rarely ever see it these days.

PS. I am kinda ticked off since I wanted to get r9 ring soon and start on the set and I didnt know it was trade-able, that explains why there's been so many for so long without prices going through the roof most the time and ever increasing until the next sale.
This discussion has been closed.