Is this game better before or after the implement of tideborns?

Options
Alliptica - Raging Tide
Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Discuss b:thanks
-retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
Post edited by Alliptica - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wheres the middle path? >_> or are we allowed to wait for the tideborn to really mature and show their true potential maybe in a year. Cause atm PWI made it too easy to lvl and i think alot of tideborns maybe missing out on knicks and tricks that they would have noticed if given more time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VickysLove - Raging Tide
    VickysLove - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before

/10char
    whos alt could i be? look at the green and you shall see b:chuckle
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Voted before, for some reasons:

- PWI is now focusing more on tideborn than fixing the other classes issues, for example the timing on 1 hr buffs for clerics (1 example b:chuckle)

- Tideborn atm are kind of unbalanced.

- Why the only class able to hide / cloak is assassin? In other games other classes are able to do this with an special item, it would come handy for a cleric for example. Isn't insane damage + stuns + debuffs not enough for assassin? b:sad

Thats all I can think of for now b:shutup
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

- PWI is now focusing more on tideborn than fixing the other classes issues, for example the timing on 1 hr buffs for clerics (1 example b:chuckle)

- Why the only class able to hide / cloak is assassin? In other games other classes are able to do this with an special item, it would come handy for a cleric for example. Isn't insane damage + stuns + debuffs not enough for assassin? b:sad

tideborn buff/debuffs which can't be purified.
    b:shutup
    *cough souls "buffs" cough*
    they didn't really do anything for what be already here.
    xD
    *ninjas redsrose*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    v Both are my thoughts on this. I voted before for lack of a better option, but I would like to see them more developed with their 79+ skills....
    wheres the middle path? >_> or are we allowed to wait for the tideborn to really mature and show their true potential maybe in a year. Cause atm PWI made it too easy to lvl and i think alot of tideborns maybe missing out on knicks and tricks that they would have noticed if given more time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before. even tho played sin to 92. i do not find it usefull, other classes have it covered alrdy. psy. uhm well i prefer a wiz usually.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    absolutely before, without doubt, in my opinion.

while i really like my psych, and she is strong, its more how PWI seems to be focusing more on them, rather than just as an addition to the races. they are not better or worse, really, so why are they still the main focus? and as a race, they are still buggy as a garden full of tomato worms.....starting with simply creating them (cant change skin colour on the face to match the body still), to the glitches i hear of from the higher level folks, and just simple no fighting skills while in tideform, which is totally illogical. i really hope that one day it can be solved...but its rather a faint hope, as more and more time goes by
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    before

pw was waaaaaaaaaay better before because all they are doing now is adding stuff to make it easier to lvl, sky rocketing the gold prices(400k for 1 gold -_____-) and there are many glitches with hte other races.
    TBs + 79+ skills = every other class dead in pvp
    IM ON A PVP SERVER I WANT PVP!!!! what do i get giant massive wipes of pvp and only pvp at west gate b:sad
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before. b:surrender

Although mermaid forms be sexy b:dirty
    But...
    this game needs a lot more focusing on other things before implementing new ideas and expansions. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before. Too many ways to gain EXP now.
    Kinda becoming cake imho.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before, but I'm biased since sins are very anti-archer.
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    While yes, the classes are very unbalanced, I voted after. I would have voted after with no doubts if the only thing that had been released were the classes... Now let me have a go at explaining this lol....
    If things like hypers hadnt been released, there probably wouldnt have been TBs very high lvl as quickly as there were... Therefore allowing 2 things I can think of atm. 1. Leting the TBs have a chance to kinda get to know their class. Now, yes there are some fail high lvls (and not just TBs), but some of them do know who to play their class, so thats not what I'm getting at. What I'm trying to say is a. all of the high lvls would have got their class and b. people would get more of a 'feel' for their class, and a chance to experiment with it, not a depserate need to lvl.
    And 2. people wouldn't be complaining quite as much as they are about the TBs being so over powered, because people would have time, to get used to them, and to find out what their weaknesses are, and their mechanics in squads.

But I do think that maybe before the Tbs, or maybe at the same time as the release or soon after, the dev should have fixed the things wrong with the other classes, and maybe some of the more graphic related problems with the game too.

Give me a night to sleep and I'll think of smthn else to say lol... lack of sleep is making my brain run really slowly... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    After cuz I wouldn't play this game otherwise lol
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    it hard to say

it better after for gaining level faster (less grinding is always better), and it have more content for lv 100+ ( could have more )
    it could be better after if we didnt get all these gear/10m note in pak ( nothing aginast token but getting end game gear for 1$ hmm hmm )
    it was better before cause peole had time to learn to play class and balance between cash shop / non cash shop was equal
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • LGoddess - Archosaur
    LGoddess - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Neither? This game was always good... I don't think the tideborn made much of a difference.Imo, the tideborn race should have been implemented a tad further down the road after other issues were solved.

We were good before and now PWI has offered its players, returning players and new players (thank the TB ads) a new race and class to play and enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before for sure. Unbalanced classes(thanks to packs and new unbalanced tideborns skills) is the biggest issue in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In terms of the question: "Was this game better before the implementation of the Tideborn, or is it better now?"

The answer:

Neither, in honesty.

I find the Tideborns to be unbalanced and I feel that a lot of things needs fixing regarding the new race/two classes, but this doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable to play (for some, I suppose. I stopped levelling my assassin because the dependence on pots during lower levels was too much for me to enjoy, and it got annoying.) I can only hope these issues will be fixed, though there is a high chance they won't be.

I think the real question is "Was this game better before the implementation of pack sales on a monthly basis, starting with the second introduction of the anniversary pack, or is it better now?"

The answer to that question is most definitely before. It is not the unbalanced Tideborns that have warped the game's playability to an extent, nor warped the player base (certainly the newer player base anyway.) It was the introduction of anniversary packs for the second time, and then the constant implementation of packs every month afterwards simply because the company got huge profit.

I don't expect the company to stop implementing packs either, now they've realised what a good source of income they were. However, I remember playing this game a lot more, having a lot more friends and having a lot more fun before packs become a monthly business. Now the only real way to make money is by merchanting - at least before hand TT was mildly profitable and you could farm and work for your gears. Now the only "work" you do is leaving a cat shop up 24/7 or paying $$$$ into the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Haters b:avoid.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In terms of the question: "Was this game better before the implementation of the Tideborn, or is it better now?"

The answer:

Neither, in honesty.

I find the Tideborns to be unbalanced and I feel that a lot of things needs fixing regarding the new race/two classes, but this doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable to play (for some, I suppose. I stopped levelling my assassin because the dependence on pots during lower levels was too much for me to enjoy, and it got annoying.) I can only hope these issues will be fixed, though there is a high chance they won't be.

I think the real question is "Was this game better before the implementation of pack sales on a monthly basis, starting with the second introduction of the anniversary pack, or is it better now?"

The answer to that question is most definitely before. It is not the unbalanced Tideborns that have warped the game's playability to an extent, nor warped the player base (certainly the newer player base anyway.) It was the introduction of anniversary packs for the second time, and then the constant implementation of packs every month afterwards simply because the company got huge profit.

I don't expect the company to stop implementing packs either, now they've realised what a good source of income they were. However, I remember playing this game a lot more, having a lot more friends and having a lot more fun before packs become a monthly business. Now the only real way to make money is by merchanting - at least before hand TT was mildly profitable and you could farm and work for your gears. Now the only "work" you do is leaving a cat shop up 24/7 or paying $$$$ into the game.

not like ppl didnt beg to get packs beg
    not like ppl diddnt qq to have other ways of earning lvls, instead of enldess ****** fishes and solo grind
    not like the ingame gold price rises to 400k , because noone wants the packs
    not like server pay for themselves

NOT LIKE U NEVER OPENED A DAMN PACK

i is going to sleep nowb:laughb:laugh
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    not like ppl didnt beg to get packs beg
    not like ppl diddnt qq to have other ways of earning lvls, instead of enldess ****** fishes and solo grind
    not like the ingame gold price rises to 400k , because noone wants the packs
    not like server pay for themselves

NOT LIKE U NEVER OPENED A DAMN PACK

i is going to sleep nowb:laughb:laugh

You do that, and I hope you grow some brain cells while you do so.

Because you managed to miss the entire point of my post... completely.

I never said I didn't open a pack. What relevance is that to the fact I preferred this game before the monthly release of packs? None whatsoever.

Many QQing players cried they found it hard to level. I wasn't one of them. What relevance is that to the fact I preferred this game before all the hyper levelling? None whatsoever.

Please, go pick up a dictionary, find the word "opinion" and then, you know, read it a couple of times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before: usual reason that have been posted above, unbalanced class's/should be working on original class's.

Though my thought on packs giving easy money/endgame gear, and easy lvl'ing. Though I'm against both even if those weren't introduced with tb I'd still rather pw be without them.

The one thing that'd make me be willing to drop this character and start over is if this game would open a new server that was like pw classic. A server that would -never- have things like packs, oracles, hyper, or tideborn.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    believe it or not, it does exist b:surrender
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    after, finally a class with stealth.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    pwsigfishop.gif
    Good day peeps
    and I say nether, the game was never balance even before patch (lol 5aspd claw archer unspark woot).
    [credit siggy goes to Esuna- Raging Tide -toodles-]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Obviously before, pvp doesnt exist anymore.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before.

PW has created a tunnelvision.. Everything is about the Fish now, while other classes are being ingnored.
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Because Tideborn is unfinished, that's why they spend time to completed it. After they completed what is left to completed, Tideborn skills bug will be ignored just like any other classes should there be one.
    If they care about other class, they would have fixed the magic resistance bug for Cleric before tideborn was out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before, hypers ruined the game, not TB...
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before..why? cause we dont need the tideborns.Both classes are weak and useless jsut stick to archers,barbs,wiz,bm,veno and lovely clerics they all get the jobs done a whole lot more...plus seems most psy and sins have to be cash shopped to actually be decent..and oracle nubs.If my friend wasnt a psy i wouldnt bring him along in parties,and if my friend didnt spend some time getting to 88 (the normal way)i would tell him to reroll to something elseb:laugh

yeah so cry tide cry..b:cry

as of ruin the game..uhh hmmm anni packs,tiger packs,tons of oracles to make..stuff liek that
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Neither, this game has been going down hill long before TB were even introduced.
    With the mass of Packs, Oracles. and later Hyper and the inevitable Bugs ingnored..
    PWI had it planned, to kill some of the game aspects whether it was intentionally or not.

So believe it or not, whether TB came a weak, month or a year later.. shi* had already been happening. b:bye