Is this game better before or after the implement of tideborns?

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What you have , which is normal for an assassin type class while comparing to others so you won't complain about the " ARCHERS ISH RANGE AND WE ISN'T !" thing and note I'll say what help's the compensate for being melees over ranged :

For being melee users bms got higher defenses & hp , speed skills ,leaps & target controll through stunlocks ;

For being melee users sins got self non-stat reliant evasion buffs , speed skills that are a bit weaker , 2 teleports that are better than leaps , target control as well , much higher skill dmg as well as leaps + stealth .

Also worth adding is that the point of ranged-attack is to be able to get a couple hits in on your opponent before your opponent can even touch you and/or to keep them from touching you.

Well, stealth actually goes a step further than range in that regard. Short ranged is basic attack with no such benefit. Long range is a special attack with an advantage against short range. Stealth is even more specialized and has an advantage against BOTH. After all, it doesn't matter how far away you are from a long ranged target, if the target doesn't even know you're there and can't attack you.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Arkaminus - Harshlands
    Arkaminus - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    everyone keeps saying that sins ruined the game ..yeah that was right in like the first month of their release, now days i see sins getting pwned from all the types of classes, so now they r basically just another class
    Those who constantly complain about the bad things in life always end up in the worst positions.
    so forget about what's bad and enjoy what's good.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    everyone keeps saying that sins ruined the game ..yeah that was right in like the first month of their release, now days i see sins getting pwned from all the types of classes, so now they r basically just another class

I agree they can be beat. Hell, I've said that Barbs have real issues with Psys, but honestly sometimes I meet a barb and just think "Why the F*** do you have so much HP," get tired of shooting him and kinda wanna just let him kill me. They may be sitting ducks for a good 10-12 seconds, but wow sometimes they amaze me at how well they survive it.

I think that's a good sign that Perfect World IS actually balanced. I mean honestly, every class can kill every class. Compared to other MMO's I've played and seen, PW is incredibly well planned and pretty damn balanced.

Still, I also think it's good that the community remains critical of the imbalances that do exist. The last MMO I played, people who complained were told to shutup. Well in my opinion, it's the people who complain who drive the game to improve; otherwise GMs and Devs would just sit on their butts since everyone is satisfied.

So of course things aren't TRULY imbalanced compared to what we would traditionally refer to as imbalance. However, it is still clear that Sins have more power than other classes, and by just how much is nothing to sneeze at.

1) Remove the ability to buff while stealthed.
    2) Kill the majority of those chi bonuses.
    3) Maybe let some AOEs such as Aqua Cannon, Slam, Dragon's Breath (basically the ones where the caster is the center mark of the AOE) be castable WITHOUT a target. This would allow several classes to use those AOEs the moment the Sin goes into stealth, giving them the chance to hit it.

Those simple three steps and things will be perfectly balanced in regards to assassins, imo.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1) Remove the ability to buff while stealthed.
    2) Kill the majority of those chi bonuses.
    3) Maybe let some AOEs such as Aqua Cannon, Slam, Dragon's Breath (basically the ones where the caster is the center mark of the AOE) be castable WITHOUT a target. This would allow several classes to use those AOEs the moment the Sin goes into stealth, giving them the chance to hit it.
    k my last post in here and I agree with the following:

(1) and (3) I agree with as stealth nerfs

(2) remove chi from shadow escape & tackling slash.

Also, yes I will go one step further last time, reduce chi gains from RSD and Inner Harmony so that the sage versions (who give more chi, at least according to some rumors) will give same as now.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    And thus mark's the end of thread ... ( at least the fun part in it ) was fun while it lasted , at least for me :P
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Before. And I mean, like, WAY before. Like within 4-5 months of the LC and HT being opened.

The appeal of PW to me was the sense of the unknown. Not knowing what to expect from the next FB, trying to find efficient ways to run TT, figuring out what the **** FF is for; etc etc. Now it's just all about who can spend more money for gear and level from 1 to 100 in 3 days.

PW just seems to have lost its appeal.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Sub-par on everything? Well hell, let's take a look at this, shall we? Keep in mind this list is relative, so high means you have it better off than most classes, low means worse.

HP: Average
    MP: Low
    HP regen: Average
    MP regen: Low
    Physical defense: Meh (Average, but LA sucks imo)
    Magical Defense: Meh
    Accuracy: Very high
    Evasion: Highest in game (with Focused mind, otherwise Very High)
    Crit rate: Very High
    Crit damage: Highest in game
    Damage per hit: Very high
    Damage per second: Very High and/or Highest in game
    Chi bonuses: Highest in game
    Stealth level: Highest in game
    Detection level: Highest in game
    Running speed: Highest in game
    Swimming speed: Highest in game
    Flying speed: With Wind push, Very High and/or Highest in game. Otherwise average
    Attacks per second: Very high
    AOE capabilities: Low
    Ailment capabilities: Highest in game
    Ailment resistance capabilities: Highest in game (Maze steps and Tidal Protection)
    Stun capabilities: High (one of only three classes to have two stunners)
    Soulforce: Very low
    Damage reflection capabilities: Very low
    Damage immunity capabilities: High (Focused Mind and stealth)
    DoT skill capabilities: Good-High
    Healing capabilities: Low
    Pet capabilities: Very low
    Resurrection capabilities: Low (saying low cause it depends on how someone sees Deaden Nerves. I say it's a heal, personally, so this is Very Low)
    Range: Low

There. Anything I missed?

You guys sure are the best at things a lot....

I smell a conspiracy.
    Is there an option in the poll for "Before the Assassins came out?"

And Ast, that's something that pops up with all games. Eventually once you learn everything about the game....I mean it's kinda over after you hit endgame. (Hence...the word....endgame.)

I agree with you though...it was more fun when you didn't know what to expect, and when cash crutchers weren't stomping over everybody with their bigass wallets.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited May 2010

Double post, I don't care.

WHAT?! b:shocked God damnit, now we're gonna have invisible BARBS to worry about....

And just when I thought things couldn't get ANY worse....
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010

WHAT?! b:shocked God damnit, now we're gonna have invisible BARBS to worry about....

No that apoth/whatever will only benefit sins if it comes out.

Because a lvl 100 barb with that item will still only have 15 stealth lvls. So ya, he could scare the **** out of some noobs but that's about it.

Edit: Wait, I think that's how it works. o.o

If not, oh **** we're all screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010

If that's how if works, picture invisible venos with invisible nixes. b:shocked
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If that's how if works, picture invisible venos with invisible nixes. b:shocked

Imagine invisible Blade Tempests and BIDS b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    I swear to god if that fuxing pot comes out, I'm running as fast as my **** can carry me to a carebear server......b:surrender
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    From the description of that link:

Increases your Stealth skill by 15 levels.

Stealth level = Character level + Stealth skill level

If that's how it works, we're all doomed.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Server will be filled with ninja o.oa
    well good thing it's hard to make and judging from the requirement, it would need a lvl8 apoth skills >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ha ha . . just like what i say on my other post . . b:laugh
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8176042&postcount=29
    Just as planned . . b:dirty

No one thinking a stealth BM stunlock you ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wo0t my thread is still going strong!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm wondering if some people here can even think of a more plausible outcome.

I mean, that skill increases your stealth level does it not? But it's worthless without being in stealth already -- i.e you still need the stealth skill to use it. So it would only make assassins' stealth more OP by making them invisible even to awareness pots.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    like any of you -pointing fingers- do use detection pots in pk /:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    After.... Sorry <3 TBs and the fact sins use daggers. Psys cute powers and moving orbs for weapons.. too pretty.. <3 Tbs b:pleasedb:pleased
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    I'm wondering if some people here can even think of a more plausible outcome.

I mean, that skill increases your stealth level does it not? But it's worthless without being in stealth already -- i.e you still need the stealth skill to use it. So it would only make assassins' stealth more OP by making them invisible even to awareness pots.
    Yeah that's true, I mean every char has stealth level equal to your level yet you don't see everyone higher level than you invisible do you?

But don't worry they'll add in the boutique an item to make your char invisible costing 5 gold which lasts as long as your stealth works. Lol
    Quit.
  • XDarcHeartX - Harshlands
    XDarcHeartX - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Im going to say before.
    Sadly, I had a high lvl character before this game dropped the tb classes, packs and oracles. I spent months doing zhens, solo aoe grinding and finally GV when it became popular. I believe this game was very fun before Tb update only because of the fact that anniversary packs were implemented. I retired my bm immediately for two simple facts. One, i didn't want to donate for the op pack gear. Two, All the things that promoted team work and vent speak, team pvp, team pk was almost 100% eradicated. Honestly, I'm running out of people to talk about the old days with ,but I must admit when I logged on back then I spent more then the time it took to do dailys before i logged off since there was so much more you had to do to gain your levels. When you see me in game I have no anniversary/event gear,items, wep, armor. I still farm for coins its a hard life for a none cser.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Yeah that's true, I mean every char has stealth level equal to your level yet you don't see everyone higher level than you invisible do you?
    Detection level = Your level = Everybody with a higher level than you = Invinsible.

But don't worry they'll add in the boutique an item to make your char invisible costing 5 gold which lasts as long as your stealth works. Lol

....DON'T ENCOURAGE THEM FOR GOD'S SAKE! [/caps]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    the sugestion was stupid enough, tyvm asheera

now, a fairly serious question:

in world pvp, for a sin, a fight is won mostly on stealth/detection lvl? even after you max all your skill lvls, a sin even a single lvl higher than you would be able to stealth gank you.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    the sugestion was stupid enough, tyvm asheera
    The boutique potion?

I was sarcastic :P

About your question yes mostly on that, well more correctly is the first who stuns most of the time wins (provided similar gear and level)

This doesn't necessarily mean the one who is invisible to the other, but 95% of the time yes it's that.
    Quit.
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only thing OP about Assassins is the ability to demon/sage spark in stealth and thats about it. Everything else is QQ from idiots who don't know how to PK.
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only thing OP about Assassins is the ability to demon/sage spark in stealth and thats about it. Everything else is QQ from idiots who don't know how to PK.

would i be too immature if i said something like...

Look! An oracle noob from a PvE sever.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Excellent. All the QQing about sins and psys has made people forget to QQ about our nixes ;)
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2010

lol, no. no you wouldn't. (was kinda thinking same thing)
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I haven't used oracles and what like 20 hypers and ive played this game long enough to roll a 84 archer on any of my accounts b:cute to bad my hl bm is banned :<
    INB4QQABOUTFAILPVESKILLS
    *Pk on PvE Servers is Srz bsnz!*