Is this game better before or after the implement of tideborns?

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Before, hypers ruined the game, not TB...

I think BH ruined the game. Hypers shouldn't be allowed in Frost. Remove BH and people will go back out to grinding spots. PvP win.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think BH ruined the game. Hypers shouldn't be allowed in Frost. Remove BH and people will go back out to grinding spots. PvP win.

For the first time Mike, I believe you on this one. I miss the old days of grinding for money and lvling.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I always lol when I see your hate towards bh. It's not like most people who ask (randomly) for a "good" MMO usually say whether it has grinding or not. You know, 95% of the people who are looking for a MMO want one with content, and as few grinding as possible. I cannot imagine what you find "desirable" in grinding.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I always lol when I see your hate towards bh. It's not like most people who ask (randomly) for a "good" MMO usually say whether it has grinding or not. You know, 95% of the people who are looking for a MMO want one with content, and as few grinding as possible. I cannot imagine what you find "desirable" in grinding.

The reason why I dislike BHs is because many people who do them don't ever have time to help their friends or newbies. It's harder for me to find a TT squad because my friends are always doing BHs all the freakin time. I'm sorry, but that just annoys me. I want the old days back when people would help each other in quests and grinding.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ...how can daily quests like bh be regarded as having content? o.oa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i agree with air on fact that packs ruined the game
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    ...how can daily quests like bh be regarded as having content? o.oa
    They had to design a NPC, a quest, and a reward system in place.

With grinding there is nothing whatsoever. the mobs are already put there for other quests or simply to fill the area. The absolute zero definition of content.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2010

You don't seem to get the picture here . You could get some of the best & most fun pvp battles by fighting ppl for the best grind/zhen spots that are now like a ghost town . And this is coming from some1 who played & did this on a pve server where ppl weren't always white so in our cases mby it's not that bad , but for pvp servers , that was the real fun : fight for a zhen spot , take & hold it for 30 mins fight for it again win or loose .

Also about TBs : I honestly can't wait for them to get their lvl 11 skills . Seeing as their already OP , improving them even more might cause allot of ppl to rage , enough to make PWI nerf them a bit . They did it to veno hood once so It's not a surprise if they do it to TBS .

It's not like sins will be underpowered if they make spark erruptions show in air ( u know...like all the other classes) , gain chi the normal way ( you know...like all the other classes) , don't allow them to go in stealth while in combat mode and for the sake of all that's holy remove the being able to spark while in stealth thing . I don't think any1 would like it if a bm/wiz/barb/cleric/veno/psy would pop up right next to you with a triple spark on ( you know...that big 3 sec flash that makes every1 focus on ya ) .

Then there's psys , a caster with faster all-round channeling on skills than an archer , not to mention a billion buffs before you can actually damage them . At least make voodoo icon change on avatar when it's black or white , having to look at it up close in game in real pvp battles is close to impossible .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    You don't seem to get the picture here . You could get some of the best & most fun pvp battles by fighting ppl for the best grind/zhen spots that are now like a ghost town . And this is coming from some1 who played & did this on a pve server where ppl weren't always white so in our cases mby it's not that bad , but for pvp servers , that was the real fun : fight for a zhen spot , take & hold it for 30 mins fight for it again win or loose .
    I don't have fun by **** others over.

For the record nothing against PvP for fun... but this... this makes them unable to level in any reasonable time-frame. b:bye

Good thing bhs are instanced. I'm already kinda pissed when I have to do a non-instanced boss, assemble a squad finally, and wait for it to respawn because others killed him before. b:angry
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Under your definition, Oracle will be regarded as content and FC isn't. Oracle is a quest with reward.
    Grind to level is the basic norm of all MMORPG. Content of a game is decided by the amount of normal quest systems which have story and such, not daily quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As I said on another topic, I'd like this game a lot more if there were actual quests after level 70, not just dailies. I'm so sick of doing the same dailies every day, it's not a game anymore but a boring routine that you have to follow. That's 1 of the reasons why I'm quitting after Forsaken World comes out. I just don't see the fun in doing same old stuff over and over again. In my opinion, there should be more quests and less dailies after level 70.

To stay on the topic, game was better before the tideborn for me at least, because a lot of people just oracled to level 90 and they have no real game experience. Most of the people who play tideborn and who I've met are bit of noobs and act really bossy, I don't know why it's that way but I've noticed that only with the tideborns. Also, I just liked the game more before with just 3 races, and I'm not that kind of a person who likes all those big changes and additions to game, I'd like to keep it the same it was in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010

For the record nothing against PvP for fun... but this... this makes them unable to level in any reasonable time-frame. b:bye

Good thing bhs are instanced. I'm already kinda pissed when I have to do a non-instanced boss, assemble a squad finally, and wait for it to respawn because others killed him before. b:angry

You know people leveled before BH and hyper stones, right?

Apparently it's impossible though. I AM A HORRIBLE FREAK OF NATURE I HAVE BROKEN TIME AND SPACE
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You know people leveled before BH and hyper stones, right?

Apparently it's impossible though. I AM A HORRIBLE FREAK OF NATURE I HAVE BROKEN TIME AND SPACE

yea but that requirred to actual work. ppl would be like zoomg noo wheres my free exp. QQQ
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That's 1 of the reasons why I'm quitting after Forsaken World comes out.

Forsaken World is made by PWI, what makes you think it will be any different?

And yeah, BH wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the ridiculous amount of exp it gives in the lower lvls. But also PWI should add some more quests to the list, or double the exp in the quest reward, that way people would still be out in the field killing mobs but not just mindless grinding.

Oh, and be like some of the other versions of PW, and no hypers in FC >.>. I can barely do FC without running into several hyper noobs. "OMG I only got 50% from that QQ" -_-;

P.S. Oh and I voted before, but not mainly because of the tideborn, they will (eventually) be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I think it wasnt as bad when they only had only 1 BH a day, but now with having 3 bosses to kill take forever. Granted the 100 bh's you dont have 3 bosses, but I know when I was 9x, I would feel drained and already bored by the time the 2nd BH boss was dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think it wasnt as bad when they only had only 1 BH a day, but now with having 3 bosses to kill take forever. Granted the 100 bh's you dont have 3 bosses, but I know when I was 9x, I would feel drained and already bored by the time the 2nd BH boss was dead.

Wel, I don't have a problem with BH, I do like my BH100 rewards, it's also a nice thing to actually do, however it makes it harder to get parties for whatever else that isn't BH to get things done. I think the rewards were a bit too high, but yeah, I agree that 3 chained a day is just too much. All I heard in the last faction I was in were people begging for squads for this or that and everyone too buys getting their BH done to help.

See, that's what makes me lol about you, leveling is the only thing that's important.

And yeah, I guess being on a PvE server, you really wouldn't understand anyway.

I don't have some insane hatred towards BH. However, it completely changed the landscape, or rather the population density of every area on the server, and int in a good way.

Maybe after you play the game for 6 months to a year you'll understand, but I seriously doubt it since all you care about is leveling and asking for coin handouts. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Before. Im just not impressed with the fish race. Their skills, their builds, their dazzling city that makes the rest of the map look like a 2000 MMO (I mean honestly, PWE should consider re-skinning a few cities/mobs to be up to par with Raging Tide)

WTB server with old PWI version.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I can name a few decent private servers if you wish b:chuckle
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As I said on another topic, I'd like this game a lot more if there were actual quests after level 70, not just dailies. I'm so sick of doing the same dailies every day, it's not a game anymore but a boring routine that you have to follow. That's 1 of the reasons why I'm quitting after Forsaken World comes out. I just don't see the fun in doing same old stuff over and over again. In my opinion, there should be more quests and less dailies after level 70.

I feel the same way about dailies and would like more quests the evolve around the storyline.It would seem like it has gotten off track when you hit lvl 40.I will say it was slightly better but the tideborns didn't ruin it over things did hypers and constant dailes.Oracles aren't bad if not abused.

I won't be quitting for Forsaken World.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That's 1 of the reasons why I'm quitting after Forsaken World comes out.
    Forsaken World is made by PWI, what makes you think it will be any different?

Forsaken World looks to be nothing more than PWI 2. Even BOI is very similar to PWI, and it even has the same main issue as PWI: hard as hell to make money.
  • MarluxiaXIII - Raging Tide
    MarluxiaXIII - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I joined the game when the Tide Born expansion came out so I cant really say anything about before. But I can say that why is everyone complaining? Perfect World added a new race and two new classes to the game, new beautiful areas like the past ones, along with another story line that is with the game now. And why complain about the fact that they are focusing only on the tide borns in trailers or on the design of the website? Its the Rising Tide expansion so ofcourse they will point attention to the new things added to the game. In my opinion people need to stop crying and enjoy the game, sins and psys are not overpowered, they can be killed easily like any other class in PK, you just need to find their weaknesses like the other classes have b:victory Plus there is a lot of content in this game even tho its free to play so it has exceeded many peoples expectations.
  • MarluxiaXIII - Raging Tide
    MarluxiaXIII - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Before. Im just not impressed with the fish race. Their skills, their builds, their dazzling city that makes the rest of the map look like a 2000 MMO (I mean honestly, PWE should consider re-skinning a few cities/mobs to be up to par with Raging Tide)

Well the Tide Born area is very beautiful, but dont flush the others down the toilet like what you said. The City of the Plume is incredibly gorgeous, City of the Lost wonders players with its desert landscape and natural beauty, and the Human's are is a great city, they all appeal to certain players.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In my opinion people need to stop crying and enjoy the game, sins and psys are not overpowered, they can be killed easily like any other class in PK, you just need to find their weaknesses like the other classes have b:victory

Psy's I honestly don't think are all that op'd, but really haven't had much of a problem with them. And really don't see that many of them running around.

Sins though... Example: sitting in the corner of the bored room in the cube, all alone. Then a sin pops up next to you stuns/silences you. Charm ticks, you throw up tree of protection and hold down hotkey for guardian light praying there is a break in his ridiculously long stun/silence/whatever else they use (which there hardly ever is). Now after that -if- you did survive that time in which you can do nothing (which if I don't have a charm, I'm dead. If I do have a charm its about 50/50), he stealths... And this isn't just from crazy cash shopped sins I've had sins who were pretty under-geared compared to me kill me. So please inform me, what is your weakness?
  • Madaras_tank - Sanctuary
    Madaras_tank - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    B4 10char...

edit... wrong avatar... 94wiz main
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So please inform me, what is your weakness?
    Organized PvP and not random PK or more than 1v1 fights.

I mean honestly you complain about a class that can stealth named Assassin, about the very obvious area of specialization of such a class: random swift kills of unsuspecting victims.

(spark shouldn't be allowed while stealthed though, I agree)
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Organized PvP and not random PK or more than 1v1 fights.

emm... basically your saying your weakness is that your not a first pick in group pk'ing. Thats not really a weakness... By weakness I mean how is say a veno/archer/cleric/wizard/psy supposed to kill you if you attack them?
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    emm... basically your saying your weakness is that your not a first pick in group pk'ing. Thats not really a weakness... By weakness I mean how is say a veno/archer/cleric/wizard/psy supposed to kill you if you attack them?
    No I meant that we die so fast and kill so fast that in 1v1 we seem overpowered.

But when there are more, if we are vulnerable we even die before we kill our target if we're attacked by someone else.

And yes sins stealth a lot and run out of fights... because otherwise we'd be dead in a few seconds. What do you actually want? Them to nerf this because of these complains and then sins to not be able to kill anything at all? Would that be balanced for you?

I mean look as an example on barbs what happens when a sin doesn't kill the target before it starts to act. Usually results in a dead sin provided same power of gear and level.
    Quit.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    well yes I think you need to be nerfed. you say your an example of barbs. I've seen several fights of barbs vs. sin and bm's vs. sin the only 2 other class's that I didn't mention to have basically no chance. barbs and bm's vs. sin if they're similarly geared and sin doesn't stealth all it really ends up as is a charm ticking war. Thats why I voted before. because what is sins anti-class?
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Hmm you must have seen some pretty fail/undergeared barbs then if they couldn't kill sins easily O.o
    Quit.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    explain how a barb goes about killing an endgame sin "easily" 1v1.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty