Let's be classist! :D

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2010
    Another one I remembered:

The Squad Heal Cleric.
    This speciment most likely has a fetish for the pinkish shiney Chromatic Beam Squad Heal skill, because that is all they use....
    1 barb tanking mob - they squad heal.
    1 person tanking boss - they squad heal.
    The boss is showing absolutely no signs of aoe - they squad heal.
    Others point out to them that only one person is tanking - they continue squad healing.
    Tanker gets debuffed & is obviously having a very hard time - they squad heal.

You gotta admire the perseverance though.

Finally after others tell the person that the squad heal is totally useless in this situation, the pro cleric responds with saying the tank is still alive. After the poor tanker replies with that they have been charm/pot-tanking all the time because squad heal isn't sufficient to keep them alive, the cleric follows with a bunch of obscenieties, proclaiming for others to S TFU & that they know their job & are doing it well. Promptly followed by a rage quit.

LOL You're describing HeRaTiK He did a 69 run with my barb and just squad healed on Pole, then called me a Noob for not holding aggro. (I only lost it cuz I was dead) Then he kicked me from squad about 5 seconds before the boss dies, (I'm alive because of apoc items now, he's still squad healing), and the best part.... They didn't get credit for killing the boss because I had done most of the damage. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    [Doing BH29 with a level 55 cleric, level 72 cleric, level 42 Barb, and another Veno]

We were at the door to Qingzi before we even enter.

Level 55 cleric: Stay back. I'll pull aggro and kiil them.
    Me: But.. We can just kill them all together.

Cleric attacks, pulls aggro, gets poisoned, heals self, gets attacked, dies. -.-

We go inside after he got a rez from the other cleric.

Now we go inside and both clerics die before we even attack the boss. O.O;;

It's funny cuz when I left them and went for another run with a lvl 62 veno and we finish it successfully without anyone dying in the squad.

I probably won't do BHs when I'm a higher lvl cuz it's irritating when you do it with random people that make the whole squad fail. >.<

I have seen awesome clerics a lot before but some of them just suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear
    YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My alt is a cleric, I have an other lvl 71 cleric though and my main is lvl 100 veno. I've found BHs 29-59 to be quiet entertaining since some people still aren't fully familiar with their class and the instances. There are lots and lots of BH runs that gives me a good laugh.

But I as a cleric REFUSE to heal if tank or any other class aggroed a bunch of mobs without actually having aggro. Such as running into a group of mobs but only hitting ONE mob, if I know that by healing I will aggro and stand no chance of surviving (and also being the only cleric in squad). I've been to many such squads and usually I wait with heals until I see thats it's OK for me to heal without dying. I'm alright aggroing one or two mobs, but if I will get tons physical mobs on me punching me, I'm sorry, I'm just not gonna heal =p I rather see tank or the noob that pulled all mobs die than everyone else or myself. Dead cleric most often causes a full party whip. So yes I've had tanks yelling at me for heals while they clearly didn't have aggro on all/most of mobs (especially where there are runners). I'm just not gonna do it when it's clearly gonna be a suicide.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No, I mean when the mob is facing me and Im noticeably taking damage/have aggro and the barb is like behind it, attacking it and not taking damage/not have aggro but still getting heals. Q_Q

They were either so focused on the hp bar of the barb he didnt notice anything else...or he didnt like you.

Late post is Late...b:bye
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually its not a matter of hercule its his adds if they aren't taken care of they can be a real threat. Even when I have 7.5 hp and 10.5 magic res those adds can kill me they are dangerous. hercule isn't the ladies in red are.

What probably happened is the wizard wasn't expecting the damage spike and didn't have a charm. The last thing you want to do is to underestimate how much low level damage can stack. Granted with healing it usually won't hurt too much but their attack rate means if you don't have a charm you will be dead real fast. The wizard probably hadn't tried to solo it. I know when I tried I was surprised how hard they can hit. So the fail wizze just probably wasn't expecting quite that outcome. And the nice little BM probably didn't stun them properly either. It happens.

A 10x wizard or archer should have no problems soloing a fb39 without a cleric. Those are all magic bosses and most of the mobs are as well and as a BM I can go in without a cleric and pretty much run the instance without stopping and without pulling mobs. My only concern is keeping the tabber or friend I'm running the bh for is from dying. The only time I have to mmarrow and watch my health is for the exploding mobs before and in Calcid's area.... and that's only if I plan to kill more than 3 of them simultaneously... if I'm charmed I just grab all 4 reverex by the door and head to Calcid and take them and with 3-4 birds all in one sweep.

That must have been one fail squad... but I'm more inclined to call BS.

LOL You're describing HeRaTiK He did a 69 run with my barb and just squad healed on Pole, then called me a Noob for not holding aggro. (I only lost it cuz I was dead) Then he kicked me from squad about 5 seconds before the boss dies, (I'm alive because of apoc items now, he's still squad healing), and the best part.... They didn't get credit for killing the boss because I had done most of the damage. b:chuckle

hahah Awesome.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They were either so focused on the hp bar of the barb he didnt notice anything else...or he didnt like you.

Late post is Late...b:bye

any good cleric will focus on all people's Hp in squad, and when a barb loses aggro he should quickly get it back with his aggro skills.

Also great way to show your a real jack **** and keep that blue name pimpin strong those mobs are real tough.b:sin
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A 10x wizard or archer should have no problems soloing a fb39 without a cleric. Those are all magic bosses and most of the mobs are as well and as a BM I can go in without a cleric and pretty much run the instance without stopping and without pulling mobs. My only concern is keeping the tabber or friend I'm running the bh for is from dying. The only time I have to mmarrow and watch my health is for the exploding mobs before and in Calcid's area.... and that's only if I plan to kill more than 3 of them simultaneously... if I'm charmed I just grab all 4 reverex by the door and head to Calcid and take them and with 3-4 birds all in one sweep.

That must have been one fail squad... but I'm more inclined to call BS.

Probably was but life suck is not magic damage or it would do less to me. Yes in theory dark they should have no problem with it. But there are always those oh **** I forgot moments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My alt is a cleric, I have an other lvl 71 cleric though and my main is lvl 100 veno. I've found BHs 29-59 to be quiet entertaining since some people still aren't fully familiar with their class and the instances. There are lots and lots of BH runs that gives me a good laugh.

But I as a cleric REFUSE to heal if tank or any other class aggroed a bunch of mobs without actually having aggro. Such as running into a group of mobs but only hitting ONE mob, if I know that by healing I will aggro and stand no chance of surviving (and also being the only cleric in squad). I've been to many such squads and usually I wait with heals until I see thats it's OK for me to heal without dying. I'm alright aggroing one or two mobs, but if I will get tons physical mobs on me punching me, I'm sorry, I'm just not gonna heal =p I rather see tank or the noob that pulled all mobs die than everyone else or myself. Dead cleric most often causes a full party whip. So yes I've had tanks yelling at me for heals while they clearly didn't have aggro on all/most of mobs (especially where there are runners). I'm just not gonna do it when it's clearly gonna be a suicide.

XDDD
    The cleric I was with was like "I'll aggro them and kill them" Lmfao!

Funny thing is, he said: Stay back and he died!! b:laugh

I was pissed and amused at the same moment.

I have to say there are always people from every class who epicly fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ooh, I've got one.

The Psychic Reliant Sin

I was with a group of three assassins getting ready to go kill Dismal Shade. We were all in our low 60's at the time.

ME: I'm going to get us a cleric, ok?
    1st Sin: No, we don't need a cleric! We've got you, so you can spam Bubble on us!
    ME: Uh, Bubble of Life is nowhere near as good as Ironheart.
    2nd Sin: Don't worry, we're all DD so we should kill him fast.
    ME: I'm still getting a cleric. (I move off into PM chat to hail down one of my cleric buddies)

Cue all the sins running down to dismal shade. I tell them to wait for us nearby, and they do it...for awhile. Cleric (level 80-something) finally arrives and we run to them, but a few minutes before we're in Shade's corner of the temple, they go nuts.

Sins: *go tearing blindly into Dismal Shade's room, aggroing ALL of the mobs as well as the boss*
    Me: *starts running*
    Sins: *all die in about five seconds*

By this time, Shadie had locked onto me and was following me through the temple, much to the chagrin of other players. Eventually, I was killed, although the cleric managed to get away.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    any good cleric will focus on all people's Hp in squad, and when a barb loses aggro he should quickly get it back with his aggro skills.

Also great way to show your a real jack **** and keep that blue name pimpin strong those mobs are real tough.b:sin

Never said he was a "good cleric" and truth of it is, we will never know what was wrong with the cleric at the time.b:chuckle

Yes i am a J.A. Thank you for noticing, me love you long time.b:victory

(Fail cleric version one)
    Cleric: "Stay back i'm gonna solo boss."<---Me {hit hit hit hit hit, tabber dies, hit hit hit kills boss...."When did you die? b:avoid Sorry!"

(Fail cleric version two) (Note:had lvl 75 event herbs as backup)
    Cleric: "I'm out of pots..."
    BM: "Noob"
    Cleric: "Not really, i used over 200 keeping your aggro addicted butt alive."
    BM:"Fail noob"
    Cleric: {Heal BM, wait till boss has 2% hp left, stop healing,he die}<---on purpose
    Cleric: "oh sorry, was having a fail noob moment" {Finish off boss}

Moral of the story? I'm a fail when i don't like you. Woot!
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Never said he was a "good cleric" and truth of it is, we will never know what was wrong with the cleric at the time.b:chuckle

Yes i am a J.A. Thank you for noticing, me love you long time.b:victory

(Fail cleric version one)
    Cleric: "Stay back i'm gonna solo boss."<---Me {hit hit hit hit hit, tabber dies, hit hit hit kills boss...."When did you die? b:avoid Sorry!"

(Fail cleric version two) (Note:had lvl 75 event herbs as backup)
    Cleric: "I'm out of pots..."
    BM: "Noob"
    Cleric: "Not really, i used over 200 keeping your aggro addicted butt alive."
    BM:"Fail noob"
    Cleric: {Heal BM, wait till boss has 2% hp left, stop healing,he die}<---on purpose
    Cleric: "oh sorry, was having a fail noob moment" {Finish off boss}

Moral of the story? I'm a fail when i don't like you. Woot!

Lmao, i've had similar to version two, its such a good feeling when some jumped up little **** rages at you and you simply them then die b:victory.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010

ROFL b:laugh
    The squad heal thing happened to me in a fb a bit ago, after I warned the clerics I'll be tanking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The What's a Tank barb.

I helped a 49 barb with his culti a couple days back, which I needed on my own barb. I invite as a barb, check his HP: 2.5k. He's in tiger form. Great. I switch to my own barb (49 as well) and I invite him up, he shows up as a BM. In my "it's 9 in the morning and I just woke up" daze, I check his HP again. 2.5k. Not bad. The barb leaves, I hunt him down on BM, he's a barb on my screen again, and I facepalm.

So we get to the bosses, he hits Bloodbath, then runs to the boss before my own barb is even there. He gets aggro, dies, asks my cleric for a res. I stack a couple IHs, res the dude, and everything goes fine. For 2 minutes. He takes a few steps backwards, aggroes one of the elite mobs nearby, goes in tiger form, hits the boss with FR... and steals aggro from my barb. He dies. Cleric dies. Barb dies. I town the barb by mistake, I town the cleric, and the barb gets resed by a nearby cleric.

Knowing this isn't going anywhere, I ask a higher barb to help me out - 81 guildie, wh then had to go AFK quickly for personal reasons. The other 49 barb, in the meantime, had left squad and told me to leave my squad as well, and come and kill. Didn't wanna leave 'cause I know I was gonna make my guildie's day even worse, I told him to wait like 2 minutes. Well, he didn't. I PMed the guys who were helping his out, explained my case, and they understood.

After an eternity doing the whole damn SC49 (complete with barb running with bloodbath on...), the barb PMs me, asking me why I have so much HP at this level. It's not his first game, not his first MMO, he doesn't know anything about stats allocation (he has 235 str...), and asks me what's a tank. Then started to beg me for duels.

How I managed without going offline or BLing the dude is beyond me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The What's a Tank barb.

After an eternity doing the whole damn SC49 (complete with barb running with bloodbath on...), the barb PMs me, asking me why I have so much HP at this level. It's not his first game, not his first MMO, he doesn't know anything about stats allocation (he has 235 str...), and asks me what's a tank. Then started to beg me for duels.

How I managed without going offline or BLing the dude is beyond me.

Jeeze. I don't even play a barb and yet I wonder how the hell this guy made it to 49. Or past 20, in that case.
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am going to point the accusing finger at myself on this post:

The Crit-Bragging Psychic

My wife and I started this game last year. She made a wizard and I made a Barbarian. After years in another game where I was tank and she was nuker we ran into the same scenario's in PWI. Basically - her after me about holding aggro and being a "meat shield" and me wondering "what's the big deal with magic resistant mobs?" Once again, I am chopping at mobs with small 1-2 k swings and she would come in and finish the mob of with one shot.

.. and, once again, I was getting this inferiority complex because she can kill 3 mobs in the time it takes me to kill one. I was contemplating dueling her with my Barb to soothe my ego but the thought of a male hitting a female (even with gaming characters) rubs me the wrong way.

She then took some time away from the game and I did not want to level my Barb past her Wizard, so, at her urging, I made a caster (who I named and modeled after her). During her hiatus from PWI, my psychic passed my Barb and became my main. Especially when she killed 3 mobs at once that my Barb at the same level would have run from - LOL.

When my wife returned to the game, I started bragging on my crit hits - mostly because they out did hers. She kept telling me to shut up about them or she would become discouraged. Besides, as she said, I would never survive a duel with her. However, she would not duel me (no male fighting female here so I don't have the same qualms). The breaking point came when I woke her to tell her I critted for 25k;

So, last weekend she cleans out her trader's cash till (she makes game money like no one else) and tweaks her toon - TT armor - perfect shards, upgraded spells, tomes, etc... Now she is out-critting me and letting me know with each crit how she's doing - especially after hitting for 30k on one. .... oh, and she challenges me to a duel everytime we log on (which I now politely deny).
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010

My wife and I started this game last year. She made a wizard and I made a Barbarian. After years in another game where I was tank and she was nuker we ran into the same scenario's in PWI. Basically - her after me about holding aggro and being a "meat shield" and me wondering "what's the big deal with magic resistant mobs?" Once again, I am chopping at mobs with small 1-2 k swings and she would come in and finish the mob of with one shot.

So, I was (once again) getting this inferiority complex because she can kill 3 mobs in the time it takes me to kill one. I was contemplating dueling her with my Barb to soothe my ego but the thought of a male hitting a female (even with gaming characters) rubs me the wrong way.

She then took some time away from the game and I did not want to level my Barb past her Wizard, so, at her urging, I made a caster (who I named and modeled after her). During her hiatus from PWI, my psychic passed my Barb and became my main. Especially when she killed 3 mobs at once that my Barb at the same level would have run from - LOL.

When my wife returned to the game, I started bragging on my crit hits - mostly because they out did hers. She kept telling me to shut up about them or she would become discouraged. Besides, as she said, I would never survive a duel with her. However, she would not duel me (no male fighting female here so I don't have the same qualms). The breaking point came when I woke here to tell her I critted for 25k;

So, last weekend she cleans out her trader's cash till (she makes game money like no one else) and tweaks her toon - TT armor - perfect shards, upgraded spells, tomes, etc... Now she is out-critting me and letting me know with each crit how she's doing - especially after hitting for 30k on one. .... oh, and she challenges me to a duel everytime we log on (which I now politely deny).

Haha sounds like a fun and healthy relationship b:chuckle. Stories like these are always nice to hear they make a nice change from the constant QQ we have on these forums.

My gf and i where dueling a while back, she was an 83 Archer and i was 83+ Cleric and my **** was handed to me each time, anyway we carried on dueling all over the world of PW and i think the final duel score was 17-1, to her b:surrender. I never felt so abused in my life but in all fairness her gear and her skill was awesome so i didn't feel bad b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Act I
    Assassin: Looking for squad!
    Squad leader: *checks assassin's gear* can you tank?
    Assassin: Sure, if you need me too.
    *assassin joins squad*

2 minutes later...

*barb asks for same quest, assassin gets kicked from squad*

Act II

Assassin: -_- Looking for squad..
    Squad leader: *checks sin's gear* can you tank?
    Assassin: Yep
    *assassin joins squad*

2 minutes later...

*barb joins squad, but sin doesn't get kicked*

*go into instance, and assassin heads ahead to kill off mob A and mob B*

Barb: Hey, you guys wanna wait for the tank?
    Assassin: Dont worry I got this, I'm okay.
    *gets to the boss*
    Assassin: I'll tank okay?
    barb: No.
    Assassin: why not?
    Barb: because you're not tank, and your little hp will make it harder for the cleric.
    Assassin: Really... *starts fighting, controls self and watches hp rich barb die*
    Barb: where my heals fail cleric?
    *assassin tanking without cleric*
    Cleric: I've been healing you, *rezes barb*
    barb: Don't fight just heal me b:angry
    Assassin:* Snickers* How about you let me tank..
    barb: NO.
    *barb resurrects*
    Barb: I can hold aggro from you for 3 seconds at a time watch! *goes tiger, cleric's attention is on the sin, and the barb dies again*

Party: Let the assassin tank!

Barb: *rage quits*
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    my biggest issue with any class is: if you have a charm,you got it for what it does (ticks to heal you) so um wtf do you complain about it ticking.

i understand they are expensive and clerics can make it tick less but everyone with charms is using them for the purpose of not dieing or potting. and everyone with a charm has to pay a cost for them. regardless of the charm.

im prob one of the few that dont care if i tick cause thats what i bought the charms for.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When my wife returned to the game, I started bragging on my crit hits - mostly because they out did hers. She kept telling me to shut up about them or she would become discouraged. Besides, as she said, I would never survive a duel with her. However, she would not duel me (no male fighting female here so I don't have the same qualms). The breaking point came when I woke her to tell her I critted for 25k;

With Black Voodoo on, Psychic > Wizard massively in DPS. Hell even without since their spells are much faster, though I have to admit, bragging on single-damage spike (instead of "how fast can you kill a mob") is a bit where wizards have an advantage, unless Black Voodoo is used.

You'd most definitely kick her **** in duels though. Especially if you get equal gear.
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    With Black Voodoo on, Psychic >
    You'd most definitely kick her **** in duels though. Especially if you get equal gear.

.... I am ever so grateful she doesn't read these forums ... cause either way (I win or she wins duel) ... believe me, I lose.
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sorry for double-post but wanted to add a short story of mine.

(it's not ridiculous and I don't blame the barb really, sometimes it's better being cautious than reckless)

We were waiting for Rankar to show his fat ****, while the cleric was behind us (turned in Wyvern later). Everyone had their buffs of course. Barb was level 63.

Then somewhat later Rankar comes. (cleric still not here)

Me: Barb go attack him so we don't have to wait 20 more minutes for him if we lose him.
    Barb: I need ironheart.
    Me: No you don't, I duoed rankar with a lvl61 BM and me healing.
    Barb: No way I'll attack him, I need a cleric.
    Me: You've got all the cleric buffs, are you telling me a lvl61 BM is a better tank than a lvl63 Barb? (for the record the BM had average gear)
    Barb: I need a cleric bro.

*rankar leaves*

Me: ...

Assassin: GET HIM! *goes to stealth*

after 20 secs cleric comes.

we waited for 5 mins and assassin is dead (no idea what he wanted to do, since he couldn't get past the mobs on his way back, stealth would've reset Rankar).

In the end we obviously waited 20 minutes but heck, at least we were "cautious".

some people underestimate wizard healing abilities. I can't remember how many times I used it in "oh ****" situations. Especially with Sutra on. (my Morning Dew is maxed now since I hit 69 b:cute)

=====================

Speaking of which, on the same run, while we were skipping rankar & fushma (first was Wyvern), barb aggroes the mobs at Fushma, and is killing them on the spot. Fushma is coming, I used CAPS in squad chat as he obviously didn't care. One Assassin aggroes Fushma on purpose, goes to stealth afterwards, Barb then goes "oh that was close" (even though it was his fault that forced the sin to go into that risky situation in the first place...).

Pro move by the assassin, is all I say.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i wish you were on HT, or we were on Sanct- my husband and i play here too, and its fun, isnt it!

we dont actually get together that often-my veno is much, much higher than his wiz and cleric, and he doesnt have the time to play that i have. he is a high school English teacher, with loads of papers to correct every night, so mainly only can play on weekends, so its taken many months for him to get into his 50s'. but we have fun when our kids who play get on, and we do quests for each other.

BTW, love your sig line! i remember before the TBs came out, the speculation of what the abbreviation would be for the Assassins. i think the GMs and mods were thinking it would be "Sassers"....wish it had turned out that way, calling them a 'sin' really bothers me, as a Catholic. my mind automatically clicks onto the catichism, and thinks, 'what did he/she commit, and why are they talking about it in public! ^_^

.. and, once again, I was getting this inferiority complex because she can kill 3 mobs in the time it takes me to kill one. I was contemplating dueling her with my Barb to soothe my ego but the thought of a male hitting a female (even with gaming characters) rubs me the wrong way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Last BH39 I did... now that's a stereotype for DDs.

Setup: 92 BM alternating with 50 barb to kill bosses; 76 cleric (my own alt); 52 sin (guildie); 56 cleric (outside); 51 sin (random); 52 BM (friend)

We originally had another sin (53), who left 'cause she only had Herc as a BHIII. Everyone was on BHI. She got replaced with the 51 sin.

After a quick rundown on how I roll (I clear with BM, I reinvite my barb with my cleric, I'm dualboxing, yada yada, careful I'm the cleric inside right now...), I start clearing on BM. The random sin follows me around, aggroes a mob while I'm rounding up another 4-5, and dies right beside me. My cleric is set on autofollow and I managed to get there as well... as the random sin dies. Of course I get a "CANT U HEAL ME MAN????" to which I just repeat what I had said earlier. Don't think he realized I was dualboxing, even though I constantly make it clear....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    {signature}If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
    BTW, love your sig line! i remember before the TBs came out, the speculation of what the abbreviation would be for the Assassins. i think the GMs and mods were thinking it would be "Sassers"....wish it had turned out that way, calling them a 'sin' really bothers me, as a Catholic. my mind automatically clicks onto the catichism, and thinks, 'what did he/she commit, and why are they talking about it in public! ^_^

I responded to a WC for BH39 once, saying "**** 52 in need of BH39" and he just looked at me & said "what?" -_-"
    Been having to call myself a Sin ever since.
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When i played another MMO with Assassins as a class they were also shortened to sins. It just rolls off the tongue and isn't as bad as "****" What else could it be? "assin" ? ^^
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I responded to a WC for BH39 once, saying "**** 52 in need of BH39" and he just looked at me & said "what?" -_-"
    Been having to call myself a Sin ever since.

Actually, I refer to them as EMOs - they sure look like EMOs

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually, I refer to them as EMOs - they sure look like EMOs

That could refer to Sins or Psys, and is male gender specific.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dunno with the rocker hair they don't look "EMO" thats for sure. They look like they are straight out of bill and teds excellent adventure. Its how they dress the character that determines the emo look :) and there are some really well dressed tideborn b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Not all magic bosses. Farren is purely physical hits + Debuffs (including a channeling debuff that can easily get an idiot caster killed if they don't wipe out the adds first), and Calcid still has Bleed to work with from a range (which by all logic shouldn't be a big deal at that level, but is still worth mentioning).
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010

ROFL I can't stop laughing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]