Let's be classist! :D

Options

Comments

• Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cleric Protection
    Happened to a friend, who restarted to play reacently. He asked me about Cleric Protection and when I went "huh?" he told me a following story.

BH51 squad: Friend-Barb, Cleric, Another Barb, DD

After clearing cave to the Fushma, Friend-Barb notices that Cleric is only healing, but Another Barb is following cleric like a puppy and just watching how Friend-Barb and DD are killing mobs and bosses, so my friend pmed him
    Friend-Barb: Why you aren't attacking?
    Another Barb: I am on Cleric Protection duty
    Friend-Barb: What?
    Another Barb: Cleric Protection is when one of squad members are keeping eye on cleric all the time. If cleric gets aggro, then this persons duty is to take aggro and save cleric. That's what I am doing.
    Friend-Barb: ....

Clothes over everything!
    (I am bit strict on venos and their performance and stand to see how they perform in squad)
    FCC squad: barbarian, cleric, archer (a good friend of mine), dd, 2 venos (me and one other at low 90s, both got hercs)

Soon after the run started I noticed that other veno never brambles, never sends sparks, never uses amplify damage on bosses. In middle of run I get rather annoyed as I have to do tank bosses and do it all in addition.
    Me (in whisper to archer): Other veno isn't amping at all. Only DD
    Archer (in whisper to me): Tell it to her?
    Me (squad chat): You know that 2 venos are enough to keep boss perma amped? If you use Amp too we will get this done faster :)
    Other veno: What is Amp?
    Me: Amplify Damage. Fox form skill, which makes enemy take more damage
    Other veno: I have it maxed
    Other veno: But I never use fox form as I can't see my clothes then :)
    Archer (in whisper to me): LOL
    Me (in whisper to archer): I regret even asking it to her >.>
    Btw, later she used amp once on some mob with content smiley. That was the only time I saw her in fox form.

Edit: o.O I just noticed that my avatar says I am lvl97... I am past that for a long time... 99 here...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cleric
    - WTF IS PURIFY????? (I've had that so many times, and some people wonder why I'm dualboxing...)

Got two cleric stories to add to that. The second one isn't exactly typical of Clerics in my experience, BUT it was typical of the healing class from another MMO I used to play, so I had to include it.

The Just-Got-BB-Cleric

BH59 against Drake: the big freaking pushover who spams his DoT and only requires purify spam.

Psy: Alright guys, last boss of the day. No worries though, he's a big freaking pushover. We ready?
    Cleric: Oh I am SO ready. b:cool
    BM: kk.

-BM runs in as tank, Cleric immediately turns on BB-

Psy: Erm...

-BM dies a slow and painful death after too much DoT stacking from the boss-

BM: GOD DAMNIT Cleric! Get your **** straight!

-Psy, the highest damage dealer, is the new tank-

Psy: Dude, res him.

-Psy hits Psychic Will to purify/save himself-

Cleric: I CANNOT STOP BB'ING OR EVERYONE WILL DIE.
    Psy: ......WAT
    Cleric: EVERYONE IS INVINCIBLE WITH BB.
    Psy: WELL APPARENTLY NOT, cause Terry's dead!

Tell 'im, Terry!

BM: Foo', I'm deeeaad... :C
    Cleric: YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!
    -Psy anxiously waits for his Psychic Will to cool down-
    Psy: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RES HIM AND PURIFY ME.
    Cleric: I will res him just before the boss dies. Right now I am busy SAVING OUR LIVES with BB. b:victory

The Spoiled Cleric:

-BH51 party is formed on a day where Fushma is first-

Random Member 1: Ok I need Fushma first. What about you guys?
    Random Member 2: Fushma
    Random Member 3: Rankar
    Longknife: Fushma :U
    Cleric: Wyvern
    Random Member 4: Fushma
    Random Member 3: Guess it's Fushma.
    Cleric: If we don't do Wyvern first then I am LEAVING. >.>
    Longknife: Sure, that's the way to get what you want in life. Overthrow democracy with your spoiled whining. Sure your parents are proud of you.
    Cleric: Watch it!
    Random Member 1: HAHAHA b:shocked Longknife didn't mean that Cleric, uuuh we'll decide what boss to do first when we get to Fushma, ok?? b:laugh
    Longknife: Yeah I did! She's a spoiled bi-
    Random Member 2: LALALA READ MY COMMENT INSTEAD OF HIS LALALALA
    Cleric: Ok, but I refuse to heal Longknife! I am fed up with the ungrateful attitude we clerics get! I should be able to use my necessity status for the party to get what I want, whenever I want without question!
    Longknife: Oh noes~, my precious heals that I never received to begin with. I guess I'll just have to let the tank attack first and Psychic Will if I pull aggro, like I always do.

Woe is me. :U

Cleric: I hope Longknife dies!

And Longknife never once died, and constantly pulled aggro, single-handedly defeating enemies with proper skill usage, all simply to **** off the Cleric.

-FIN-
    I <3 AGOREY
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In Rotflesh Gultch (public quest) having a nice zhen thing going - 8 to 10 mobs caught in circles. Two wizards doing dragon's breath, archer shooting hail of arrows, barb (in tiger form) holding good argo, a veno, a couple of clerics doing a great job and me (psychic) critting AE after AE.

Another barb shows up - non tiger form. He jumps in circles and starts slamming. Mobs scatter, zhen is broken. Tons of cmplaints to 2nd barb about NOT TO USE SLAM. But, he slams again and knocks mob back to boss - veno pet automatically follows and aggros boss. Everyone stops fighting to let boss return to spot. But NO, 2nd barb now starts tanking boss.

Mass of complaints in common chat telling 2nd barb what a jerk he is being, 2nd barb says that he is tanking boss to protect the rest of group. I tell him that "best protection is to leave boss alone". He refuses to listen and continues to argue with everyone - so we "thank him for protecting us" all fly to next trench and leave him to die.
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol looks like PWI fan fiction
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol...in FC yesterday night...

As charmed BM is gathering mobs:

Cleric (whisper to me): Don't attack, I am going to let him die.
    Me (whisper to cleric): Eh?
    Cleric (whisper to me): I am not going to heal him. Don't attack the mobs.

BM comes back, but grabbed Frost Bishops too:

Cleric: Oh ****! He grabbed the bishops!

*squad wipe, except for veno, who saw it coming and ran like hell*

We found out he was letting the BM die because he lost to him in a duel...

*facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Act I: The Cleric Mooch

BH group forms, BH group slowly pushes it's way to the boss. Buffs up and gets ready.

Random member: "When you're ready barb."
    Barb: "kk"
    Cleric: ANYBODY HAVE MP POTS?

sooo true...

"sorry, i run out of mana" (while in BB at wyv)
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why So Dead?

I'm on my cleric, and 9 times out of 10, this happens.

Me: ♪ Killing mobs! La de da! Plume shot! Plume shot! Oooh! Crit! Yay!

*BM appears*

BM: Smite! Smite! KILL THEM ALL! Smite! Smite! *PWNT!* Blargh! I am dead.

BM: *looks around* CLARIC!!!1111ELEVEN! RES PLZZ!!! QQQQQQQ

Me: Hm? *looks around, sees nothing but mobs*

BM: NOOB! REZ ME NAO!!!! QQQQQQ

Me: *Sigh* What a rude moron... *goes to res*...

BM: REZ ME NOOB!!!! STUPID CLARIC!!!!

Me: Never mind... *goes back to killing mobs*

BM: [Insert obscenity here] *starts crying for another cleric*

Other Clerics: *Ignore*

BM: *Long rant about how clerics suck, blah, blah blah.*

Me: Go to town, you noob.

BM: RES ME! IT'S YOUR JOB!!!!!!

Me: Do I look like I'm in your squad? I'm not your res slave. *turns off common chat*

*sweet peaceful silen-*

BM: *whispering* [insert obscenity here]

Me: *sigh* ... *Blacklists*

And, yes. It is ALWAYS a BM. I've seen more dead BMs crying for a res than I have every other class COMBINED.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why So Dead?

I'm on my cleric, and 9 times out of 10, this happens.

Me: ♪ Killing mobs! La de da! Plume shot! Plume shot! Oooh! Crit! Yay!

*BM appears*

BM: Smite! Smite! KILL THEM ALL! Smite! Smite! *PWNT!* Blargh! I am dead.

BM: *looks around* CLARIC!!!1111ELEVEN! RES PLZZ!!! QQQQQQQ

Me: Hm? *looks around, sees nothing but mobs*

BM: NOOB! REZ ME NAO!!!! QQQQQQ

Me: *Sigh* What a rude moron... *goes to res*...

BM: REZ ME NOOB!!!! STUPID CLARIC!!!!

Me: Never mind... *goes back to killing mobs*

BM: [Insert obscenity here] *starts crying for another cleric*

Other Clerics: *Ignore*

BM: *Long rant about how clerics suck, blah, blah blah.*

Me: Go to town, you noob.

BM: RES ME! IT'S YOUR JOB!!!!!!

Me: Do I look like I'm in your squad? I'm not your res slave. *turns off common chat*

*sweet peaceful silen-*

BM: *whispering* [insert obscenity here]

Me: *sigh* ... *Blacklists*

And, yes. It is ALWAYS a BM. I've seen more dead BMs crying for a res than I have every other class COMBINED.

Lmao gotta love idiots who insult and then expect a res b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm actually gonna be honest and say that I failed once too :P
    Luckily I was in a TT run with good friends only xD

Here's what happened:
    *DDing @ 2nd to last boss* hmm.. icon on the right side of my screen... (yes you guessed it right) bow needs repairs >.<
    *DDing halfway through last boss* Bow dies QQ b:surrender
    luckily I had fists... but dayum I felt stupid for not making sure my gear was repaired before going into TT.
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Vortexer - Lost City
    Vortexer - Lost City Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why So Dead?

+9001

Once when i was very low lvl I was mistaken for a cleric and asked for a rez.
    I ignored him.
    A minute later, he asked again, and I told him I don't have rez
    He calls me a noob.
    b:laugh
    /story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I had a "fun" incident in a BH 29 once with a couple a venos.

It was me (40 cleric), a 40 wizz, and two 41 venos. It was agreed upon by everyone that the venos would have one pet tank Qingzi and both heal. Fine. While we were killing the mobs to the boss on veno was using a mermaid and the other a mechcrab. I think I should have said something when I noticed that neither knew how to pull a mob and when I asked both raged at me.

We get to the boss and I ask who's going to get their tank pet out to well, tank. The crab veno replies with the crab is her only pet while the veno with the mermaid says that the mermaid is her main pet and she doesn't see the need to have a tank pet, and that I should just stop asking questions, do my job and heal. At this point I'm ready to just kick them both and just heal wizz while he tanked. Of course the wizz left just then.

Fun times

=___=;;
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I (as 48 veno) get into a squad to get Jewelscalen. When I get there, there's one Praco left following Jewel, and I send my sawfly to lure it.

Barb: Get your pet out of there!

I unsummon and resummon my 'fly, and Praco comes to me (like I wanted) and dies.

Barb: Don't send your pet against Jewel!

Me: If I send my pet, it's just going to die. (like I'm going to waste pet loyalty on a lost cause like that.)

Barb: It dies, then Jewel comes after you, and cleric dies! (you're such a fail barb you can't hold aggro from a sawfly getting maybe one or two hits in before dying?)

Somebody (and this was (if I remember right) an 84 barb) doesn't understand how veno luring works. I didn't feel like lecturing, so I was a good G.I.R.L. and sat on the rock and watched the show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Niether am i, i have never used a hyper stone niether do i plan to and i have done 4 oracles on this character so that can be ruled out aswell, both i think she be removed from PW.

No problem but next time ill explain it a little better.
    b:surrender Na was my bad sorry.

Hm... here is smth I often experienced while farming tt80/90, but happened in many other instances as well.
    The QQ Repair Barb:
    Run starts. Just as 1st mob hits the barb.
    Barb: OMG THE REPAIRS ARE GONA BE HUGE
    Run continues. Boss.
    Barb: OMFG MY REPAIRS! WHAT? WHAT DO U MEAN THE BM HAS BEEN TANKING MOST OF THE MOBS!? MY REPAIRS WILL BE HUGGEEEE! OMG! YOU DON'T GET IT! HUH? SO WHAT IF U HAVE MP/HP/AMMO/REP COSTS?! MY REPAIRS!!!

After an entire run of the barb QQing all the time about repairs & how expensive it is, barb ofcourse as the "tank" gets the most & best drops.
    Barb: OMG THIS WILL BARELY COVER THE REPAIRS! THIS RUN SUCKS. *rage leaves*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Reminds me of the noob barb I recently had for a Frost run... We told him about a dozen times what to do, and he still kept **** it up, told him repeatedly before, and during each boss, what each one did, and what to do, and he still kept **** up. Granted, it may have been his first time, but even a virgin knows how to listen after dying dozens of times. We finally get to Super Mighty, and we tell him, in plain, simple terms, "When you see the boss shout, run away from him. You can not survive that AoE. So what does he do? He stands still and dies. And gets ressed. And dies again, this time, taking part of the party with him, including the cleric. I end up tanking him... With my Herc... I don't know how many of you have Venos, but let me just say one thing... It SUCKS tanking him with a Herc. You have to stay out of the way far enough the pet can actually have somewhere to run, while keeping his HP, and yours up, due to lack of cleric... It's a multitasking hell... But somehow we pulled it off. Cue the QQ. Barb starts whining about how we're **** his costs, his charm, his blah, blah, blah, blah. At this point, I've had it. I've been spending the entire instance grabbing aggro off the party every time he's died with Alpha Male, and saving everyone from completely getting pwned. My repair/pot costs are completely worse than his at this point. So, I ask the Wizard for lead, and tear him a new one.

Barb: Bawwwwww! My armor! My charm! My pots! My repair costs!
    Me: No... You don't get to do that. We've been helpful, we've been nice, we've tried to help you learn this instance. We understand you're new to this, and that it sucks learning something new some times, but you do NOT get to whine about things that are entirely YOUR fault.
    Barb: Okay, Mom.
    Me: *SNAP!* NO. Your mom actually gives a damn about you. I, on the other hand, do not. Goodbye. *boot*
    Barb: *long stream of obscenity* *disappears*
    Party: Well, that's over. b:chuckle Got a barb?
    Me: Yep. Give me just a bit to get him in here.

I end up calling a level 73 barb into the instance. One of my best friends IRL. The only problems we have from that point on is when the BM decides to be an idiot and grab a bunch of mobs despite the rest of the party yelling at him to grab less, due to lower level barb, and then laughing as the cleric and wizard die... Well, that, and Fragrance. Stupid Debuff FTL. The rest of the run is gorgeous.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Barb: OMFG MY REPAIRS! WHAT? WHAT DO U MEAN THE BM HAS BEEN TANKING MOST OF THE MOBS!? MY REPAIRS WILL BE HUGGEEEE! OMG! YOU DON'T GET IT! HUH? SO WHAT IF U HAVE MP/HP/AMMO/REP COSTS?! MY REPAIRS!!!

ROFL!!! My main alt is a level 80 barb. A full FCC run nets me between 30 and 60k in repairs. That's not so bad. Especially when you consider that the cleric died twice, and used about 1/3 his/her gold MP charm keeping everyone alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My biggest Peves:
    Dex barbs that think they can tank.
    Clerics that never heal. (or sit there and use wellspring or Chromatic when doing freaking Wurlord)
    Veno's that don't know how to use their herc correctly.
    People that don't realize the Herc got Nerfed Major and steal aggro because of it.
    People that don't know how to play their class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Reminds me of the noob barb I recently had for a Frost run... We told him about a dozen times what to do, and he still kept **** it up, told him repeatedly before, and during each boss, what each one did, and what to do, and he still kept **** up. Granted, it may have been his first time, but even a virgin knows how to listen after dying dozens of times. We finally get to Super Mighty, and we tell him, in plain, simple terms, "When you see the boss shout, run away from him. You can not survive that AoE. So what does he do? He stands still and dies. And gets ressed. And dies again, this time, taking part of the party with him, including the cleric. I end up tanking him... With my Herc... I don't know how many of you have Venos, but let me just say one thing... It SUCKS tanking him with a Herc. You have to stay out of the way far enough the pet can actually have somewhere to run, while keeping his HP, and yours up, due to lack of cleric... It's a multitasking hell... But somehow we pulled it off. Cue the QQ. Barb starts whining about how we're **** his costs, his charm, his blah, blah, blah, blah. At this point, I've had it. I've been spending the entire instance grabbing aggro off the party every time he's died with Alpha Male, and saving everyone from completely getting pwned. My repair/pot costs are completely worse than his at this point. So, I ask the Wizard for lead, and tear him a new one.

Barb: Bawwwwww! My armor! My charm! My pots! My repair costs!
    Me: No... You don't get to do that. We've been helpful, we've been nice, we've tried to help you learn this instance. We understand you're new to this, and that it sucks learning something new some times, but you do NOT get to whine about things that are entirely YOUR fault.
    Barb: Okay, Mom.
    Me: *SNAP!* NO. Your mom actually gives a damn about you. I, on the other hand, do not. Goodbye. *boot*
    Barb: *long stream of obscenity* *disappears*
    Party: Well, that's over. b:chuckle Got a barb?
    Me: Yep. Give me just a bit to get him in here.

I end up calling a level 73 barb into the instance. One of my best friends IRL. The only problems we have from that point on is when the BM decides to be an idiot and grab a bunch of mobs despite the rest of the party yelling at him to grab less, due to lower level barb, and then laughing as the cleric and wizard die... Well, that, and Fragrance. Stupid Debuff FTL. The rest of the run is gorgeous.

b:chuckle Um does his name go by smth like RAGI......
    Just curious... This sounds too familiar.

A cleric should try their best to prevent a HP charm from ticking because that is largely preventable.
    I agree to this, as smb playing a barb, cleric & now DD.

All the clerics that were QQing about "meh your charm ticket w/e my mp ticked." So... do you just sit & meditate in the middle of the run to prevent it to tick? Or do you just DD? Then that won't exactly prevent your mp charm ticking... since you're still using casts... If you don't know barbs use mp as well... Unless I bring orbs to a tt I will use a lot of mp (orbs are a pain as well since often clerics even after warning accidently rebuff you & overwrite the orb)... Run starts, I buff hp/atk, need to pot no mana. Cleric buffs, only a small part of his mana pool is used, by the time we reach mobs it's mostly restored. & so on.

If my barb's charm ticks a few times w/e it happens especially on tough boses. However when it happens over & over... I'll QQ... if that doesn't help I just stop taking agro & let either cleric or DDs die & after go oops :3 If the DD is a friend I'll pm & warn them if not I blame lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catamo - Dreamweaver
    Catamo - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Chicken Psy

BM and Barb are just pounding away on Rankar, cleric is standing back near the psychic just casually healing because everything is going fine.
    Then ...
    Psy (with black voodoo) hits a macro on Rankar, and of course grabs aggro. Psy freaks out and starts running away while BM and Barb are madly trying to get Rankar back.

Cleric starts yelling at Psy to run TOWARD the BM and Barb and to Bubble ... Psy doesn't and both Psy and Cleric die.

Cleric uses res scroll and manages to res the Psy before Rankar is finished.

And this is not the first time this has happened ...

The Boss Moochers

This happens constantly ...

Squad gathered up near a boss ... everyone is buffing and clearly getting ready. They start the fight - boss gets down to about 10% health and then a million whispers come in asking to join squad.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, it used to be a veno's job to farm a herc by the time they were 8x-ish. It wasn't all that difficult before the game kinda changed.

About that... The tank is going to incur costs from using pots and from repairs from taking damage, as a cleric with a charm, your charm will tick because you use a constant supply of MP... a HP charm is quite different... it's kind of sad that needs to be explained. >.>

Logic fail. Your job is to keep my HP charm from ticking as it's my job to keep your HP charm from ticking or you from dying. It's kind of a trade-off.

A cleric complaining about their MP charm ticking is just stupid. Of course it's going to tick, you bought it for the luxury of not having to pot as much or so you can afk macro heal.

Trying to equate your MP charm ticking to a tank's HP charm ticking is futile.

You wine too much.
    Stop playing
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Frost With A Veno

Random Squad
    Veno-can i join your frost squad?
    Person- herc?
    Veno- umm, no. do u have money to buy me one, ill pay u back b:chuckle
    Person- *ignores veno*

Guild

Veno- U guys doing frost?
    Leader- yep.
    Veno- can i come, i have the hyper stones and everything.
    Leader- u have a herc?
    Veno- umm, nope.
    Leader- talk to me when u get one b:angry
    Veno- *cries*b:cry Why dont i have a herc!!!???
    It seems no one even acknowledges people played this game before hercs existed and got along fine. I've even had this squad problem for BH's and the like at my low level.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:surrender Na was my bad sorry.

Hm... here is smth I often experienced while farming tt80/90, but happened in many other instances as well.
    The QQ Repair Barb:
    Run starts. Just as 1st mob hits the barb.
    Barb: OMG THE REPAIRS ARE GONA BE HUGE
    Run continues. Boss.

After an entire run of the barb QQing all the time about repairs & how expensive it is, barb ofcourse as the "tank" gets the most & best drops.
    Barb: OMG THIS WILL BARELY COVER THE REPAIRS! THIS RUN SUCKS. *rage leaves*
    A mockery of our names I say, A MOCKERY!!! =__=;;
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle Um does his name go by smth like RAGI......
    Just curious... This sounds too familiar.

Actually... His name was a bunch of gibberish, starting with lil.
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hercs are nice, but a veno who knows how to play their class no matter which pet they use is better.

*nods head vehemently*

example:

bh69 party - hopped on cleric to help friend

cleric - says to veno, amp the bosses please, it'll go by much faster.

veno - whats amp? b:surrender

cleric - explains amplify skill to veno.

"oh".. i dont like being a fox. i dont have any of the skills. i look better in human form b:shocked
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The fail cleric.....

Barb: stop letting my charm tick, it's 7.3k every time it does.
    Cleric: Well you don't care about my mp charm ticking.
    Barb: Why are you wearing an mp charm, you're level 82.
    Cleric: Because I'm too lazy to keep using herb yuanxiao all the time, duh.
    Barb: whatever, just heal me.
    Cleric: you've obviously never played this class, it's not that simple. There's a lot of pressure on me to do my job right. heals, purifies, debuffs, it's a lot to pay attention to.
    Barb: but you're not. You were just afk for gaurnob.
    Cleric: Ugh, I hate fail bh squads, I'm out. Gl finding a cleric who will put up with your bs. Do yourself a favor and get off your high horse, you're giving all the other barbs a bad name.

eh...you get the idea
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    Samsoul - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah the cleric without any pots and a sudden safety lock is my least favourite.

That and barbs who don't even carry mp pots and just like to meditate with their HUGE mp regen for about 20 minutes (Sarcasm, duhhhh)

Just today I had a bm telling me I should tank pyro. I kept telling him that pyro hits physical up close and he'd be a better tank since I had like 2k hp and he had like 6.

That and I just didn't want to. The guy was such an idiot about it, I just left. It's like he had no faith in his class at all. b:sad
    Samsoul - fail psychic of Lost City!

...I will melt your brain... and decrease your IQ by 150...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I end up tanking him... With my Herc... I don't know how many of you have Venos, but let me just say one thing... It SUCKS tanking him with a Herc. You have to stay out of the way far enough the pet can actually have somewhere to run, while keeping his HP, and yours up, due to lack of cleric... It's a multitasking hell... But somehow we pulled it off.

erm... For me tanking Adawolf is matter of pride... For a change I get to tank something where I actually need to pay attention.... b:quiet Kinda shows in what state I am in that day, how attentive I am ;) Though, I refuse to tank the first boss there...
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That and barbs who don't even carry mp pots and just like to meditate with their HUGE mp regen for about 20 minutes (Sarcasm, duhhhh)
    To be fair, with a cleric regeneration buff it only takes maybe a minute or so.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    erm... For me tanking Adawolf is matter of pride... For a change I get to tank something where I actually need to pay attention.... b:quiet Kinda shows in what state I am in that day, how attentive I am ;) Though, I refuse to tank the first boss there...

I've tanked the first boss. I'll tank that boss 9001 more times than I would Adawolf... And that time, I tanked him sans cleric... Don't get me wrong, I CAN tank everything but Fragrance... But **** Adawolf. **** him hard. He always ends up casting Super Mighty right after I triple Spark, or something.

So it's always

Spa-*Super! Mighty!*-rk?!
    ****! Move Pet! *Powerful!*
    Faster, you idiot blob! *Whirling!*
    Phew... Just barely out of range... *Slash!*

Of course... By this time, my Triple Spark is wasted... So I don't get to use all that power to hurt him... He's just an all around boss of suck and fail, and even worse when you're tanking.
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    Samsoul - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To be fair, with a cleric regeneration buff it only takes maybe a minute or so.

But... but.. thats a whole 60 seconds! b:sad
    Samsoul - fail psychic of Lost City!

...I will melt your brain... and decrease your IQ by 150...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amaliee - Archosaur
    Amaliee - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The fail cleric.....

Barb: stop letting my charm tick, it's 7.3k every time it does.
    Cleric: Well you don't care about my mp charm ticking.
    Barb: Why are you wearing an mp charm, you're level 82.
    Cleric: Because I'm too lazy to keep using herb yuanxiao all the time, duh.
    Barb: whatever, just heal me.
    Cleric: you've obviously never played this class, it's not that simple. There's a lot of pressure on me to do my job right. heals, purifies, debuffs, it's a lot to pay attention to.
    Barb: but you're not. You were just afk for gaurnob.
    Cleric: Ugh, I hate fail bh squads, I'm out. Gl finding a cleric who will put up with your bs. Do yourself a favor and get off your high horse, you're giving all the other barbs a bad name.

eh...you get the idea

It seems like you just read the above posts and merged the bad logic into a really weird story lol. I don't get why people keep calling macro healing 'afk' for one, most don't leave their keyboards in case sht happens. A macro is just a macro.

Regardless, just because purifying, debuffing, aoe healing isn't occurring at that moment doesn't meant they wouldn't be doing it at others. And its not like you can take a charm off and put it back on. I get that this is a bs, made-up situation you got here but come on. :P

And I would just throw 50k at that belly-aching barb to make them shut up, you know, if it wouldn't teach them such a poor lesson.

---

Also wow going through these I really started some interesting dialogue with my charm story. The fact that some people, especially higher levels, don't get that charms are about more than economics really worries me though, but that was only a few people and most conceded the point. :)

I got one more scenario here!

Tank: *attacks boss*

DD Class (usually Wiz or Psy): *going to wait a few seconds till health is down 2-3%*

Any other class: *during the few seconds of no attacking* Come on DD start attacking already D:<

DD: :o *gives in to peer pressure* *agroes* *dead x(*

(I hear this more often than I'd care to admit! I don't listen to them though...)
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've tanked the first boss. I'll tank that boss 9001 more times than I would Adawolf... And that time, I tanked him sans cleric... Don't get me wrong, I CAN tank everything but Fragrance... But **** Adawolf. **** him hard. He always ends up casting Super Mighty right after I triple Spark, or something.

So it's always

Spa-*Super! Mighty!*-rk?!
    ****! Move Pet! *Powerful!*
    Faster, you idiot blob! *Whirling!*
    Phew... Just barely out of range... *Slash!*

Of course... By this time, my Triple Spark is wasted... So I don't get to use all that power to hurt him... He's just an all around boss of suck and fail, and even worse when you're tanking.
    Hehe, I beg to differ. Asoteric RuneWolf is my favourite boss in FF 'cause of the 'death tag' game he plays with us, and some1 has always died at that boss so far in all my runs.b:laugh

It's especially fun when I deliberately lure him to the squishy, unsuspecting casters when he's just about to chant his 1-Hit KO AoE.b:sinb:sin

(PS: I only do that with friends/faction mates who know I do that every run ;) )
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool