Oracle Noob?

Comments

• Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A high level don't make you pro, it's how you play.

I agree but using oracles to get to a high level makes some people feel special and a sense of fulfillment.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree but using oracles to get to a high level makes some people feel special and a sense of fulfillment.

I don't disagree :P I've used a couple to bump myself to beautiful 80. But like all things, experience matters.
    edited December 2009
    I don't disagree :P I've used a couple to bump myself to beautiful 80. But like all things, experience matters.

Yeah it does, no matter how much u use mommy's credit card and buy your levels u cant by experience atm i refusing to ress, buff, heal or squad with any TB above level 70 as its obv the majority have used oracles i got alot of friends who re-roll as the TB so im using there general levels as the levels of all non-oracling TB so anyhigher they dont get any assistance :).

• Lady_Sam - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    LMAO thats so cruel, but a damn good idea. Oh that guy annoyed me when he wouldn't listen. I let him tank hercule trioc just to shut him up. QQ
  • Naeeva - Sanctuary
    Naeeva - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If people want to use oracles then thats fine, but using them isn't the same thing as actually playing the game.
    edited December 2009
    LMAO thats so cruel, but a damn good idea. Oh that guy annoyed me when he wouldn't listen. I let him tank hercule trioc just to shut him up. QQ

There was a 70 physic at Dismal Shade a few days back and he died from dismal with his level 40 faction friend and they asked for a ress, well they both had there levels showing above there head so i ressed the level 40, healed and buffed him and asked if he wanted to join my squad for dismal and just ignored n left the 70 dead on the floor, he couldn't be bother to play the game....i couldnt be bothered to waste my mana b:chuckle.

• kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There was a 70 physic at Dismal Shade a few days back and he died from dismal with his level 40 faction friend and they asked for a ress, well they both had there levels showing above there head so i ressed the level 40, healed and buffed him and asked if he wanted to join my squad for dismal and just ignored n left the 70 dead on the floor, he couldn't be bother to play the game....i couldnt be bothered to waste my mana b:chuckle.
    So ... you assume that someone cant legitimately be lvl 70 by now. the classes have been out for a while now and not only that but a lot of ppl are home because of xmas break so ppl can pour hours into their character. So pointless that ppl want to assume ur a noob based on lvl. Second according to your statement that Tideborn was helping a friend and not at the oracle spot. PPl act all high and mighty like their high lvl means they worked so hard. Think back to when Jolly Jones first came out and how ppl proudly spammed oracles to get ahead . Oh it was np then and you know why?? cause if you were new you probably didnt have the cash to buy them. Now that everyone can afford some all of a sudden its bad. Tell me if u play a psychic and u do a group what is there to learn. Play any other MMO or heck even this one and play a DD class and you know right away what ur role is. And even if u didnt, its not like u have to spend months in a squad to figure it out. No i was there when Jolly first was here and the high lvls of today where happier then a pig in _ .

To the Veno that posted that the psychic was a oracle noob because he aggroed. lol. I can atleast understand that because psychics do over 30 % more dmg in instances. oh wait... wizards do more dmg then psychics.. perhaps ur barb is a oracle noob?? so pointless. there are always ppl who will never listen in an FB. However if u lack the skill to deal with it then thats what makes u a noob. A good squad is easy , being able to deal with a horrible one makes u a pro.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    so this one time at band camp...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cuzilovehun - Heavens Tear
    Cuzilovehun - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i saw some lvl75 cleric doesnt know about BB lol fail clericb:chuckle
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    kanel321 wrote: »

To the Veno that posted that the psychic was a oracle noob because he aggroed. lol. I can atleast understand that because psychics do over 30 % more dmg in instances. oh wait... wizards do more dmg then psychics.. perhaps ur barb is a oracle noob?? so pointless. there are always ppl who will never listen in an FB. However if u lack the skill to deal with it then thats what makes u a noob. A good squad is easy , being able to deal with a horrible one makes u a pro.

Let me point out that I let him tank in the end, since it was easier to deal with. Problem solved! I might've forgot the mention that this guy was 6x the same day the tideborn came out. Clearly, he oracled. I agree with you that being pro in anyway is how you deal with things, but then what about the lvl 90s that just leave when a squad isn't good?

Edit: Let me point out that i never called the OP a noob. I just explained why people viewed them as noobs.
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear34
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear34 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I see oracle users in 3 different ways:

People that use oracles, scarlet fruits, etc, etc, to get to a high level in an otherwise unobtainable amount of time. These are the biggest noobs that more then likely won't know how to play the class, and will be listed as failures very quickly.

People that use oracles in place of grinding between levels where they have no quests. This is your average player with a disposable income or a good bit of in-game coin that just doesn't want to waste the time grinding. (I do this, I've been through a BM and Veno, I hate grinding)

People that only use them when they are lucky and find them, and / or just sell them to other players. Nothing really to say for this group, as they are average players, just like group 2.

All in all? Oracles being added to the botuique is just PWI giving people a way to pay for levels. It's cheap, unfair to many, bothersom to some, and hell on people that just have 1 or 2 oracles to do, only to find a group of 10+ people with 100's of oracles to do themselves.
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I'm in group 2!
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Let me point out that I let him tank in the end, since it was easier to deal with. Problem solved! I might've forgot the mention that this guy was 6x the same day the tideborn came out. Clearly, he oracled. I agree with you that being pro in anyway is how you deal with things, but then what about the lvl 90s that just leave when a squad isn't good?

Edit: Let me point out that i never called the OP a noob. I just explained why people viewed them as noobs.
    let them leave. mostly they are the ones who want everything on easy mode and dont wanna risk a death even tho they have plenty of angels. You got the job done. Thats what a pro does. that tideborn was most likey an oracle user. however ppl assume. perhaps he also has an archer and was just being an A$$. There are ppl who are always gonna suck at their class. If that person is willing to listen and learn i have no problem with them. Infact i want more oracle users. lots more. cause maybe then pwi will have enough cash to fix my psychics skills and develop the class but thats another discussion.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well mostly i oracle lvl becuase im experimenting with my build, and hoping to post some good builds for future tide players. and also i have been playing this game for a while now and am fimaliar with the environment. and come on, the 59 skills look so cool :D !!. and i also want to pk.

your guide is going to be worthless because you over used oracles. simple as that. no matter what you think an oracled tideborn cannot be an experienced player. tideborn is new, and like i said before, the first generation of tideborn pros will not come for a few more weeks or maybe even months because oracle noobs are not pros.

an oracled cleric, bm, wiz, archer, barb, veno can still become a pro because people before them have worked hard through levels and offered their experience, what they learned over a year getting to lvl 90. you cannot "learn your class" by learning how to pwn wicked pirate.

so yea you're experimenting with builds to make a guide.. guide will read as follows: stat this way to kill this oracle mob, grind for 20 lvls. restat to this to kill this other mob, 20 lvls. rinse and repeat.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The only time I would and will consider using oracles is if I am starting a cleric on another server. I know enough about clerics to know what to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The only time I would and will consider using oracles is if I am starting a cleric on another server. I know enough about clerics to know what to do.

^ This. Since if I start another cleric, I know I'll be bored doing all those quests again the same way my cleric did those. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As long as this thread doesn't have flames I'm going to leave it open. But doesn't it seem like we have a thread like this every week? b:surrender
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As long as this thread doesn't have flames I'm going to leave it open. But doesn't it seem like we have a thread like this every week? b:surrender

Maybe because the oracle books are now being sold in the cash shop? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My honest opinion, while I don't care much for those who 'abuse' oracles, its kind of hard for any real "noob" to figure out how to use them. Being one to MMOs myself, I had just recently even figured out that they would actually be worth anything and could actually make a difference while trying to level. A true noob wouldn't even know how to survive against the creatures you need to kill for them. Again, that's my opinion, not fact. A noob would just play the game. Just like I did. 'Oracle noobs' and probably 99.9% of the time, a high level player's alt. Who knows what they are doing. The only problem is, that it doesn't let them get to know their class as well as they could. Not that it really takes away THAT MUCH learning experience. As well as some people who don't use or never have used oracle still don't really know their class. I know this firsthand. I've learned a lot about being a veno just recently thanks to nice people who like to help. I also learned a lot about MMOs in general.

'Oracle noob' may be a cute little name to refer to high Oracle users, but do just keep in mind that vary rarely are they actually 'noobs'. Again, possibly to their class, but if they are intent on keeping the character, they'll learn it one day. And they could always possibly kick your a$$ with their main. You never know until you know who they're hiding behind their quickie char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So, becuase I have to have a real life job, and I happen to have a child, that means I shouldn't enjoy playing an MMO within the full rights that hte game allows me to enjoy it? Now how the hell does that make sense? I mean seriously. Everyone seems to forget that people with jobs and money are the ones that PUT the cash shop items and gold into the system in the first place. Without them, those pretty fashions, mounts, and charms you work so "hard" for in game, wouldn't even BE available to you. Before you go throwing your opinions around on who should play MMO's, get a real life job.

That being said. I worked my **** off on a Venomancer and a BM that are now quite high levels. I spent Zen here and there to aid me in my way or to get me some fashion. And now that I have those high levels, I have gone through the game and most of the quests up to levle 90+ more then once. I know how to do them. Why shouldn't I oracle myself more? You know what, I oracled my Cleric from level 30 to level 50, and I went on a BH today. No one even know the difference if I played it for one day or for months to level it. The point is, no matter how I choose to level my characters, I am always going to be good at them. Don't knock what you don't know. If the game didn't intend Oracles to be used in the manner they are, they wouldn't be available. Oracles or no Oracles, an idiot player and noob, will always find a way. I have met idiots BEFORE the oracles came around. The fact is, when you know something, no matter what char you play, if you are good, you will be good. If you are not, the flipside is true.

Why shouldn't you? Read the below quote I did. If your point is to get to end game as fast as possible.. why bother? Then you aren't even "playing the game". You are just leveling and thats it.. as fast as you can. That isn't considered playing a game, its considered a form of "cheating" the game. Thats like starting up your wii to play super mario brothers galaxy and using a cheat code to skip all worlds except the last one, defeating the final one and then trying to convince the world that you "BEAT THE GAME".
    you should oracle to 100 buy 24 vit stones, lunar ornaments +10 refines, and T100 red weapon. you have a job and important things to do IRL. I can sell you a "Winner of the Game" certificate for $1000 and you wont even have to waste your time logging in :P

EDIT: forgot scroll of tome, you should buy that too

You forgot, they need fashion also to look real uber pro.
    Amen. This what I wanna say. Only I am meaner. >.< I R not a nice person.

But yes, a noob will be a noob, whether they have oracles or not. Some of us choose to use them as leveling tools, so we can get to levels faster, have access to the skills quicker and get more time to learn how to use them, when to use them, what combos to use, etc. You can't learn what you don't have access too.

I dunno if you actually read what you post, or think about it. But for someone to actually relay in their OWN post that they are NOT a nice person is kind of disturbing to me. There are people who know deep down inside they are kinda mean, but those people usually try to hide it best they can.

Mean is Mean.. I guess you own it....I believe there is a difference in Noob (someone who thinks they know it all but dont) and Oracle Noob (someone who cheated their way so they can try to make others think they really do know it all) I use the word cheated loosely.. in the sense that its allowed to do, but.. its a way to cheat the game.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i posted this on the sin forum but i guess it can apply here too;

prob with oracles is

1-lack of knowledge on mobs
    2-lack of skill which results in any sort of trouble for the squad

3-jealousy
    4-gloating from the oracler

as long as hurdle 1 and 2 are cleared, i dont think pple will have any problems with oraclers. 3 and 4 are something the individual must overcome themselves...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To the OP: yes, you are an Oracle N00b.

Why?

Because you think you can be relevant to those who are leveling the normal way. That makes you dangerous to those who are just picking up the class, and may have never played this game before. When I read a class guide, I expect the person who wrote the guide to know enough to write a guide that will help me to play the class during the grind from 1-whatever, and not from level 60 on.

The only guide you can write concerning Tideborn would be "How to level to 60 using Oracles", and you don't need a guide on how to do that, just a pocketbook with enough money which makes your limited experience with the class/race: worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    kanel321 wrote: »
    So ... you assume that someone cant legitimately be lvl 70 by now. the classes have been out for a while now and not only that but a lot of ppl are home because of xmas break so ppl can pour hours into their character. So pointless that ppl want to assume ur a noob based on lvl.(point one) Second according to your statement that Tideborn was helping a friend and not at the oracle spot. PPl act all high and mighty like their high lvl means they worked so hard.(point two) Think back to when Jolly Jones first came out and how ppl proudly spammed oracles to get ahead . Oh it was np then and you know why?? cause if you were new you probably didnt have the cash to buy them. Now that everyone can afford some all of a sudden its bad. Tell me if u play a psychic and u do a group what is there to learn. Play any other MMO or heck even this one and play a DD class and you know right away what ur role is. And even if u didnt, its not like u have to spend months in a squad to figure it out.(point three) No i was there when Jolly first was here and the high lvls of today where happier then a pig in _ .

Point One:
    i got alot of friends who re-roll as the TB so im using there general levels as the levels of all non-oracling TB

Point Two:
    Generally if someone is a level 90+ or even 85+ they have worked so hard and they have a right to be all high and mighty, getting to those levels takes alot of hard work and determination to get there and im pretty certain they know there class extremely well give or take a few exceptions and those that oracled there way there, so generally aslong as they haven't oracled they have worked hard.

Point Three:
    You learn how to monitor damage as a DD you learn when to use what skills, what classes u work best with, what ur ideal squad is and so on and so forth, u learn none of them on the same mobs from 30-80 unless u change oracles, some times it can take months to perfect ur skills there are alot of different mobs out there with alot of different skills and thats without pk so you go make a psychic or assassin and oracle it to 80 and do nothing but kill wicked pirate and i guarantee a good player who leveled there way properly to 80 will have so much more understanding of the class and will out perform u in every instance and squad role.

Edit: Too many typo's o.o

• Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Tbh if u got the money I don't see the reason why not just cheat ur way up. Plus as for me, as with work I haven't got the time to play the game properly, those ppl call me noob, I really couldn't care less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I chose not to use Oracles (even though I have a ton) because:

1 - I want to learn everything I can about this class and how it functions in various situations.

2 - I <3 Rep and at level 67 she is not far off from Rank 4 b:dirty

3 - I have a 101 Cleric and not much to do on her...leveling and doing quests again (even though it can be a pain) is almost refreshing in an odd way and gives me something more to do b:chuckle

* Overall I could care less, until they start talking about how much better they are because they are high level....then they can be called a noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I chose not to use Oracles (even though I have a ton) because:

1 - I want to learn everything I can about this class and how it functions in various situations.

2 - I <3 Rep and at level 67 she is not far off from Rank 4 b:dirty

3 - I have a 101 Cleric and not much to do on her...leveling and doing quests again (even though it can be a pain) is almost refreshing in an odd way and gives me something more to do b:chuckle

* Overall I could care less, until they start talking about how much better they are because they are high level....then they can be called a noob.

I agree with this post 100%. But don't forget you can buy rep now too.

As I have said countless times before, I have more than enough funds to have oracled a tideborn to 90 by now, but I fail to see the point. Doesn't seem like fun to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
    edited December 2009
    Tbh if u got the money I don't see the reason why not just cheat ur way up. Plus as for me, as with work I haven't got the time to play the game properly, those ppl call me noob, I really couldn't care less

Play a game that doesn't need so much time to do well. Aww **** nvm it doesn't matter anymore u don't need time, carry on.

I mean this as no disrespect to those who live a very busy life with children, 3 jobs or limited computer time but what baffles me is why people choose such an in-depth game that takes months n months n months n months off gaming to do it properly if they haven't the time, again this is meant as no disrespect.

• StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2009

+1

But in my case I have a 99 BM, so playing and questing on a totally differant style of char has leased new life into the game for me. So I cant see the point to rushing to the stage Im on with my main with no quest etc.

Sooooo nice not having to run up and bash every mob :p
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Son, we live in a world that has lines, and those lines have to be guarded by men with oracle. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. QQ? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your low lvl, and you curse the oracle. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Your low lvlness, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that line you need me on that line. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending oracle. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very proness that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a oracle, and stand in a line. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Huf buf too much work for 1 day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Son, we live in a world that has lines, and those lines have to be guarded by men with oracle. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. QQ? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your low lvl, and you curse the oracle. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Your low lvlness, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that line you need me on that line. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending oracle. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a oracle, and stand in a line. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Huf buf too much work for 1 day

LOL what?......I laughed out loud irl O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.