Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Options

Comments

• Jametao - Heavens Tear
    Jametao - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I am pretty sure this is a failed build, seeing as the person who made this guide has jump ship. Maybe this guide should include you need to be extra rich or cash shop alot in order to make this build successful.
  • Dinny - Heavens Tear
    Dinny - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I am pretty sure this is a failed build, seeing as the person who made this guide has jump ship. Maybe this guide should include you need to be extra rich or cash shop alot in order to make this build successful.

Hey, I don't think anyone will argue with that, but that's some pretty screwed-up logic there. Phoenixes/Hercules still cost triple the amount of keeping the Foxform build healthy, yet you don't see anyone calling them "fail", even though it baffles me how people can spend that much money on a bunch of pixels.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    how convenient to create a fake character to flame threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I'm pretty sure you're an obvious fail troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    20k Pdef isn't farfetched. I hit 15k at my level when cleric buffed on top of my own Pdef + the Foxform boost. 10k health is a hoot, though, for a venomancer. Oh well, people lie in many threads honey, not just this one. :P

yes 20k is not hard to get but 20k in TT80 gold and also 10k HP is never gonna happend ever. OP should delete those stats with equip/no equip and ppl that want in the first post just post your pwcalc link. easy!
  • Dinny - Heavens Tear
    Dinny - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    kenlee wrote: »
    yes 20k is not hard to get but 20k in TT80 gold and also 10k HP is never gonna happend ever. OP should delete those stats with equip/no equip and ppl that want in the first post just post your pwcalc link. easy!

Agreed wholeheartedly.
  • Quarka - Heavens Tear
    Quarka - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's not the ideal farming build. There's some bosses I cannot do without another venomancer's assistance, yet it's a boss an arcane veno can do easy.

aww sad to see you leave.
    But ya this is an EXPENSIVE build.
    You need to refine your weapon to get more attack power.
    Although you don't need to refine your armor as much to get the hp.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    okay so as u know i've asked a few questions already about this build, but after partolling these forms looking for links, advice blah blah blah the whole 9yards.
    i have found that u can actually combine 2 different build stats into one(hopefull im correct havent had h time to test).
    these two would be the light armor stat distribution 1str /1 dex/3 mag and the arcane(i guess)2 str/3 magic.
    First u would start off with the light armor build from lvl1somewhere around lvls 34-35 then u would go arcane 2str 3magic from 35+ eventually u will b wearing HA that is 1 lvl lower. In other words u'd prolly be wear lvl6 heavy armor with lvl 7 or 8 arcane armor, plus ur weapon would be up to date.
    Now i also saw that my vit can't go below 5 even with resets. So it's stuck there. Anyway like i said i haven't had time to map out everything just yet but i have a feeling this may help ppl who want to start at lower lvl and not nuff them selfs on accident.
    Plz tell me what u think, i don't want to be called a fail or anything i just gathered and researched information thank you
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I only did it to chill out for a little bit and allow me some breathing
    room in terms of money. The reason I changed was because I never
    really planned ahead from the beginning. I was struggling with money
    and could barley farm the things I needed.

I'm also a person who gets bored of things easily. I wanted to go back
    to a pure build for a while to enjoy the high magic attack and vitality and
    decide for myself whether to go back at 100 or stay with my current build.
    Anyone who saves up before hand for the required gears won't face the
    same problem I did.

Just because one person decides to change, dosen't mean this build isn't valid. I miss the physical defense and tanking already ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options

lol what.
    I had 19,909 physical defense buffed in heavy gear and fox form. It's not far fetched at all. You know what really is? 60,000 physical defense.

A blademaster friend buffed me with his level 100 skill. I had 60k P.def!! xD

10K hp? Easy. Look around you :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just another 70% of the xp bar to go to wear the TT90 gears which I've got prepared. The cape actually has an additional stat of +6 vit and +216 pdef +216 pdef.

WOOTS! 20k pdef and 8k hp with sage foxform and full buffs. Thanks a lot Rei and the other heavy / arcane venomancers (Kittenice, Obsessed and the rest) for the inspiration and advice.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d74197eae6ee16ff

P/s of course I have a full arcane set prepared too with the TT90 gold sleeves for the -6% channelling. Currently with 11.5k rep and going to try for rank 6 to get the rank 6 arcane robe for the channelling

For those contemplating heavy / arcane, this build is fantastic and fun BUT expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I only did it to chill out for a little bit and allow me some breathing
    room in terms of money. The reason I changed was because I never
    really planned ahead from the beginning. I was struggling with money
    and could barley farm the things I needed.

I'm also a person who gets bored of things easily. I wanted to go back
    to a pure build for a while to enjoy the high magic attack and vitality and
    decide for myself whether to go back at 100 or stay with my current build.
    Anyone who saves up before hand for the required gears won't face the
    same problem I did.

Just because one person decides to change, dosen't mean this build isn't valid. I miss the physical defense and tanking already ;P

Oh man, Rei, guess u already missed those phy def lol.

Think I'm the first few to support u n this build in this thread and I swear this is a fantastic build. I had actually re-statted back to vit+arcane during my lvl70s but I kinda of regretted so I re-stat back to HA+AA when I reached lvl 80s cos of tw. This is definitly a expensive build but it is also definity very rewarding once u get all the gears u wanna. My phy def with buff is ard 16K with TT80 gears except my heavy leggings and foorwear. I will working on my vit once I hit 90. gd luck with your vit+arcane build >.<
  • DeityofRain_ - Harshlands
    DeityofRain_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    seriously, why do you care so much about flamers?

anyway, i think this heavy build shine at 9x or even 100. its very hard to find good gear with +stats and it will be always a waste of money on gear that you have to spend a lot and sell it for nothing after you use it. better stay LA or even AA on pve servers then restat when you get your endgame gear. as heavy, you will do fine (at least i did it) soloing bosses like drum, soulbanisher, feng but whats the point... others like astralwalker you will never kill them and for the others get a cleric to heal you. so i found out that i've spent so much on gear restat and what not when i could be just one simple build till 90 or even 100 when i can finally think about heavy.

also this guild is more for mid-lvl, i want something more for endgame like lvl 100. someone here (deityofrain) said that she has like 10k hp and like 20k pdef and whatever when in fact i was looking and her gear most of the times i saw her in arch and all she wear is **** AA and even that crafted 2-3 stars. i've done lots of calculation with pwcalc and there is no way you can get that (full buffed ofc) witch result in this.. many ppl lie in this thread.

lol? calling me a liar now? seem to me like you need to do a lot more calculation. Get your facts straight before you accuse someone. I have sold most of my gears cause i'm waiting for new race.

anyway, here my build before I decided to quit playing veno
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c37d65a5da8f0407

few things to notes:
    the glorious robes,torment is 6-7 str/magic/dex/int 216pdef 216 pdef
    but since I can add only three on it, I combine the three other stats into one as 19 magic. it basically the same thing, just moving stats around. I also combined the two pdef into one.

things that can make build better:
    warsong belt and necklace
    lunar rings

set sit at +6 except weapon, with higher refine, you will have barb hp

HP currently:
    self buff: 10070
    barb buff:12947
    sage barb buff: 13331
    pdef: 20771

this build lack in damage, but I'm an hp person, more of my style. Overall, I pefer 8x gears, easy to 4 socket, cheap to make yet still effective; thus, I don't think it is expensive cause only one or two item on there is hard to get.

feel free to comment, I'll be back later
  • Ember_s - Heavens Tear
    Ember_s - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hiya,

you keep saying that your build is highly useful for PVP.
    I have read you thread since I am a little veno (well, still little compared to you though *smiles* I am lvl 61 now).
    I like PVE, must admit, I am not so much into PVP, but I feel like a coward behind my pets and really would love to get into the foxskills soon and I would prefer heavy over light.
    Is your build any useful for PVE as well?
    It would be great.

Other question: I read over and over and got a bit confused. I am not constantly changing armor (robe/heavy) when I go grinding/TTrunning etc, right?

Answers would be great.

Ember_s
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im 91 so i have to do a bit of swapping (magic rings, channel sleves, giave to sword) when i switch from caster to fox to get the most out of heals. foxform i have 0 chan, caster is -9%, though when your running TT its kind of silly to run in fox. and with my minimal casting low channeling for veno, and magic stat a little under 300 with +3 wheel of denial of fate with one immac saph, i can run 3-1 solo with pretty much no problems. 1-3 is also no problem, and the heavy armor prevents you from getting 1 or 2 shotted from shooting aur's aoe when pulling him, solo running in fox is a terrible idea, just switch to FF for pulling to benefit from the extra phys def on the aoe's.

the sleves are the only piece of armor that i switch out, caster form sleves - sea captian, FF sleves - TT80 arcane - for the extra stats (my stat rings are magic, the sleves make up for them when i put on FF crit/phys attk rings) switching out the rest of the armor wont make a big diff, besides costing you HP from switching out of HA which has better HP bonus per refine, unless you have the rank 6 channeling robe, which might help a little on heals.

I like to keep at least 1 piece of arcane armor equipped for the magic def.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol? calling me a liar now? seem to me like you need to do a lot more calculation. Get your facts straight before you accuse someone. I have sold most of my gears cause i'm waiting for new race.
    since nobody proved th other way... yes i called you a liar since you came with only a vague description about your build and nobody else asked more about it.
    its good that you came out now and proved the other way but you also said that your build works for regular players and some items rigt there arent really that cheap... thats why my calculation didnt work with 'affordable' items
    edited December 2009
    Options
    since nobody proved th other way... yes i called you a liar since you came with only a vague description about your build and nobody else asked more about it.
    its good that you came out now and proved the other way but you also said that your build works for regular players and some items rigt there arent really that cheap... thats why my calculation didnt work with 'affordable' items

It does work for regular player, just replace the expensive items with less expensive ones. You won't have as much hp as me, but it should still be around 9k hp self buff.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I like PVE, must admit, I am not so much into PVP, but I feel like a coward behind my pets and really would love to get into the foxskills soon and I would prefer heavy over light.
    It would be great.

Other question: I read over and over and got a bit confused. I am not constantly changing armor (robe/heavy) when I go grinding/TTrunning etc, right?

Answers would be great.

Ember_s

First of all, grinding is fun in fox form. Especially on mobs that do physical damage only. I just charge and my pet follows. My nix takes aggro quite fast though, but i use leech a lot to keep my hp full.

You won't be constantly changing armor. Most likely you change your gear at the start of your TT run for example, or before you have to lure something. But it doesn't require any fast reaction time or whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @DietyofRain: maybe i missed a memo somewhere, but where do venos get a HP self-buff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @DietyofRain: maybe i missed a memo somewhere, but where do venos get a HP self-buff?

It just mean without barb buff or any other effect like tree of protection,etc
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hiya,

you keep saying that your build is highly useful for PVP.
    I have read you thread since I am a little veno (well, still little compared to you though *smiles* I am lvl 61 now).
    It would be great.

Answers would be great.

Ember_s

Yeah it works really good in pvp too. The extra defense helps keep you alive and since your damage is reduced, you have a lower chance of taking aggro from your pet. Heavy/robe you only need to switch these according to your situation.

Lets say your arcane armour has -%channeling and Mdef, while your heavy set has higher HP from refines and pdef.

In this case, say if you were soloing TT, you'd want to stay in heavy armour while pulling/killing mobs (unless they do magic damage) and then switch to your arcane when you need to heal on a boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    -Ninja cat was here-
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    id love to do a Heavy build, but its too much effort and costs =<

i run LA atm
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    id love to do a Heavy build, but its too much effort and costs =<

i run LA atm

People told me the same when i wanted to change to heavy. But it wasn't so bad. I'm wondering though if i want to stay heavy when i'm 99+ because of tt99 gear. Getting both arcane and heavy tt99 sets would be too expensive. If i stay heavy, i'll definitely get the arcane sleeves though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People told me the same when i wanted to change to heavy. But it wasn't so bad. I'm wondering though if i want to stay heavy when i'm 99+ because of tt99 gear. Getting both arcane and heavy tt99 sets would be too expensive. If i stay heavy, i'll definitely get the arcane sleeves though.

i dont really have plants to get tt99 gear i never do 3-2 and 3-3; there ugly runs.

my only plan is hit 99 use tt99 wep, hit 100 do upgrade instance for the wep and quit :P
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Something I'd like to suggest, it would cut down a lot on the stats you'd need to use a Frost weapon instead of TT90. Sensoid Emptiness helps get your HP up and refines well, or you could use Aquadash and get a pretty decent boost to your magic attack. They don't cost terribly more than TT90, and they refine better too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm currently using a Silverrain. Which is a frost lvl 85 pataka. Reason i'm using it is mainly because i think it's a little better then tt90. And it was rather cheap. At higher level, it's easier to get the needed stats to wear both best gear and weapon. Once i hit 95 i can use my neon purgatory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    -pokes head in-

managed to jump into TT99 heavy top(4soc) and pants(2soc), put in immacs[yay lightning top], and +4'd with mirages(no orbs) dont really play enough anymore to super refine high anymore.

sitting ~7.2k unbuffed, not as much as I had in 90 gear, but still respectable, and with lower refines(my 90s were +7)
  • Xinru - Lost City
    Xinru - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Is it possible to put up some stats from ppl at lvl 30/40/50/60? trying to make a ha veno from the very start XD
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As far as I can see, it isn't possible to wear the HH90 heavy armor and a HH90 GX magic sword when you reach lvl 90. But i see most lvl90+ venos have heavy armour and a HH90 GX weapon. How do u organize the stats to fit both the armor and weapon?