Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Comments

• Omega_Shift - Heavens Tear
    Omega_Shift - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Obsessed. I got the hp cape from the wing trophy. Now I am deciding what armor should be good for switching to robe. Atm my veno has rank 4 arcane with the -3% channeling. I was wondering should I stick with that or should I get TT90 arcane? Also what arcane armor should I get, TT90? and what parts? Most HA veno I know told me to get just the top and pants. Any suggestion?
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Obsessed. I got the hp cape from the wing trophy. Now I am deciding what armor should be good for switching to robe. Atm my veno has rank 4 arcane with the -3% channeling. I was wondering should I stick with that or should I get TT90 arcane? Also what arcane armor should I get, TT90? and what parts? Most HA veno I know told me to get just the top and pants. Any suggestion?
    Personally I have a full arcane set, only +4'd with 3 beautiful citrines though. I also kept the rank 4 top for when I need more channeling for a boss. I say.. if you can afford it get it all, otherwise, I find myself switching boots/pants the most.(maybe tt90gold wrist for channeling) It all depends how much your willing to throw into it.
    edited October 2009
    fuzz's long post
    Vit.. leftover points goto vit.

Things you can do:
    -ditch the 80bracers and upgrade to 90s.
    -ditch mogwai belt, since it cant be upgraded. Go with demon slaughter or get an OHT belt(mdef preferably) has good defs/can be upgraded and high hp.

Alternatively for your dex being super high:
    -try to find different rings(you can go with hp/vit, since your dex/bonus stats is so high you'd just place the extra points into vit anyways[usually+hp is better I think we get +11hp[?] per vit, so thats something to consider)
    -having so many spare stats you could switch to a tt90 weapon if you want a tad more dmg or channeling.. and that would alleviate 11dex :P

Remember any extra point is going to be restated into vit, so any stat can be considered the equivalent of a vit point if you have leftovers. In which case you can start replacing +stat gear with +hp if it gives more benefit.

ps. get a better helm
  • manfruit
    manfruit Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I need help also if anyone can help me:

My Armor is as follow:

Tome: Love: Up and Down

Head:
    Rocking Thunder Helmet (4) +5
    Immaculate Citrines on all 4
    +5 vit
    +4 str

Armor:

Chest, Arm, Legs, Boots
    Mountcrasher(4) +5
    Immaculate Citrines on all

Cape:
    Vigorous Robe: Abaddon(4)+5
    Immaculate Citrines on all

Belt:
    Elemental Warsong belt +5

Necklace:
    Sky Demon Pearl +5

Rings:
    Demon Panther Rings
    +7 str +6 dex +7 magic (total for both rings)

Weapon:
    Requim Blade(1)+5
    Immaculate Sapphire.

I was wondering if I was going to do RB when I am 90ish, would I need to invest in getting a TT90 Arcane, as I never have done rebirth before or should I keep what I have?
  • fuzzz
    fuzzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    althought im not entirely sure.. but HA veno would be much better for rb anyways you could act as a secondary tank should the need arise..
    wow you were very lucky it would seem 3 awesome drops from the aniv box.. Gj..

okies thanks obsessed
    the only reason i bought that helmet was because its a 3* and has 4 sockets :P
    always looking for something better
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If I get herc before nix, could I solo TT for mats( for my future 80/90 heavy armors/weapon)?
    edited October 2009
    Rebirth is great as a heavy armor veno. Grab a genie and put alpha male on it and you are backup tank/aggro puller with the BM. Grab fox myriad, max parasitic and noxious and have a blast. Most mobs in rebirth are physical so stick to heavy armor, your party should be happy to have you with all of that(moreso if you have demon foxform for running happyvally quests).
  • samuelprook
    samuelprook Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hi, if i had added vitality instead of the heavy armor stat requirements, would the extra hp benefit more than the pdef ?

and is it a good idea if i wear a magic weapon my level but heavy armor which are below my level ?
    edited October 2009
    hi, if i had added vitality instead of the heavy armor stat requirements, would the extra hp benefit more than the pdef ?

and is it a good idea if i wear a magic weapon my level but heavy armor which are below my level ?
    No. Venomancers hp vit bonus is quite low, and you would be better off with the extra defenses, and higher grade armor and just using upgrades for hp.

You should work to wearing both of the same level gear, most people prefer to use a lower weapon and not armor because our damage doesnt matter as much as survivability.
  • Boned - Lost City
    Boned - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Godddd this makes me so excited to be a veno and drives me to actually stick with the class! I'm LA for now, but if I ever make it to 80-90, I totally am gunna restat to HA/robe! (I loooove pvp haha!)

I have a question though. If pvp for this build is mainly 8x-9x, should I get a herc first? My initial plan was for a nix first but if getting a herc will let me farm and make more money, then I'll stick it out with my sawfly until I can bathe in my money and get both. I mean there's really no point for me to get a nix first and not have a tank for TT/bosses which sounds like the prime moneymaker (I think I just convinced myself to get a herc first).

Yeah. TYSM for this awesome guide! I expect I'll have a hard time building this (yes, I'm a noob veno) but I don't mind. If it's better for pvp, who cares if it causes me a short bought of confusion.

b:victory
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol I think you just did convince yourself to get a herc first ;)

It shouldn't be hard at all, by the time you get to 80-90, you'd be a pro at venos, and with your herc you shouldn't have such a hard time getting everything you need for it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Also, just a note to any other current HA/AA venos out there. I'd like to put up some without EQs/with EQs stats for the different levels (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 ect). It'd be good to see some lower levelled ones. I'd like to put them up there on my guide for level stat comparisons and goals other venos who want to switch that could use.

Just copy+paste the example down the bottom then edit it with your stats then i'll add it to the guide :-D

Eg:

[Name's] (Level xx Heavy/Robe veno) stats sit at:

(Base stats, no EQ add ons)
    Vit: x
    Str: xxx
    Magic: xxx
    Dex: xx
    Hit Points: xxxx

(With EQ add ons)

Vit: xx
    Str: xxx
    Magic: xxx
    Dex: xx
    Hit Points: xxxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verse
    verse Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ok... so i have a lil spreadsheet with my history in putting stats etc, but it's not complete. i'll give you stats from when i started (lvl 80) and stats right now (lvl 91).
    ChaneLaforet (Level 80 Heavy/Robe veno) stats sit at:

Vit: 5
    Str: 158
    Magic: 213
    Dex: 39
    Hit Points: NA

(With EQ add ons)

Vit: 27
    Str: 191
    Magic: 232
    Dex: 49

ChaneLaforet (Level 91 Heavy/Robe veno) stats sit at:

Vit: 5
    Str: 193
    Magic: 233
    Dex: 39
    Hit Points: 2220

(With EQ add ons)

Vit: 53
    Str: 241
    Magic: 282
    Dex: 74
    Hit Points: 4305

sorry can't help you with lower level stats ^^; i switched from arcane to mixed at lvl 80. EQ of course slotted, sharded, ++'d etc, that's why i haven't kept up with HP really.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Thanks verse, that's been added. Still looking for more examples of different levels :>

I'll write up a demon/sage mini guide later on o.o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    [Hazon] (Level 83 Heavy/Robe veno) stats sit at:

Vit: 3
    Str: 181
    Magic: 216
    Dex: 30
    Hit Points: 2104

(With EQ add ons)

Vit: 23
    Str: 193
    Magic: 270
    Dex: 41
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Thanks Hazon, your stats were added. Ok i've got two examples for level 80 which is enough now, looking for 10s, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and one more of 90 and 100 if there's any xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manfruit
    manfruit Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hey, I recently got a mold from helping a friend with DoD. It's the Soul Devourer's Greaves, and it gives an awesome bonus of +1.00 m/s. Is this a boot I should switch my TT90 for?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    manfruit wrote: »
    Hey, I recently got a mold from helping a friend with DoD. It's the Soul Devourer's Greaves, and it gives an awesome bonus of +1.00 m/s. Is this a boot I should switch my TT90 for?

Nice boots and incredibly lucky... there is only a 0.0015% change of them dropping...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Wow manfruit, incredibly lucky indeed o.o

TT90 = vit+8 HP/MP revoc 5/4
    Sould devourer's= Vit+4-8 Mag+4-8 speed+1.00 m/s.

I'd be wearing the soul devourer's if it were me o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Level 100 Heavy/Robe veno stats:

Str: 197
    Magic: 285
    Hit Points: 2412

(With EQ add ons) Heavy:

Vit: 120
    Str: 242
    Magic: 316
    Dex: 62
    Hit Points: 7717, over 10K with sage barb buff, 9970 with lv 10 barb buff.
    mattk: 6470-9897 (pataka)
    pattk in fox: 6380-7186
    over 17K pdef in fox

Just as a side note, the build becomes very stable. I have 25% channeling in heavy armor, 31% in arcane (31/37 with a necklace), 17% crit hit, and I don't need my ornaments to wear my TT90 armor at 100, so I am free to swap between them as I need to. I am not switching to 99/100 heavy armor because the bonuses are better on the TT90 (green), so i'm just going to refine a bit more instead. I have updated my arcane to 100. Despite rumor, my mattk (and therefor my heal) CLEARLY does not suffer, and I pull aggro on almost everything, including against arcane venos and wizzies.
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    manfruit wrote: »

I have these boots, and I wouldn't give them up for anything. :D They are absolutely end game for me, the stats difference on mdef/pdef is too little to give up that speed boost for 90/100 gear. With sage veno summer sprint, my base speed is 8.5 m/s.
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    alyona wrote: »
    Level 100 Heavy/Robe veno stats:

Str: 197
    Magic: 285
    Hit Points: 2412

(With EQ add ons) Heavy:

Vit: 120
    Str: 242
    Magic: 316
    Dex: 62
    Hit Points: 7717, over 10K with sage barb buff, 9970 with lv 10 barb buff.
    mattk: 6470-9897 (pataka)
    pattk in fox: 6380-7186
    over 17K pdef in fox

Just as a side note, the build becomes very stable. I have 25% channeling in heavy armor, 31% in arcane (31/37 with a necklace), 17% crit hit, and I don't need my ornaments to wear my TT90 armor at 100, so I am free to swap between them as I need to. I am not switching to 99/100 heavy armor because the bonuses are better on the TT90 (green), so i'm just going to refine a bit more instead. I have updated my arcane to 100. Despite rumor, my mattk (and therefor my heal) CLEARLY does not suffer, and I pull aggro on almost everything, including against arcane venos and wizzies.

Stat wise, this build looks very interesting. Care to share you EQ/build using
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ ?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    I've added your stats, alyona. And agreed with cybluerr, please show us your build on pwcalc :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I am soon 80 so going to restat to heavy when gold stops being 600k each so I can buy reset note. I came up with bunch of questions: 1) Does my physical damage suck if I dont refine my Sakyamuni's light?( even if I would have max melee mastery and patk rings) 2) Should I get HH 70 armors and +stat ornaments instead of getting those 3*/mold armors which are listed in first post?
    3) (offtopic maybe) If yes to question 2, am I able to solo TT bosses which drops those heavy armor mats?

I am so confusedb:sweat
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Are you planning to use sakyamuni's light beyond level 80?
    Or only just until you're able to get enough magic for TT80 and keep the magic weapon to your level? If You want to use Sakyamuni's light long term, I suggest refining it. If not, don't bother so much :P

TT70 armour isn't really so fantastic. I did use it myself but only later on when I needed it to get TT80 wrists and ect. It dosent matter what, the cuisses mold adds a nice little speed bonus and str+ though. You could find 3 star stuff that has better bonuses than TT70 heavy, but yeah, you will need TT70 to make TT8o if you plan to use it instead of molds.

(I used molds, TT80 wrist, TT70 boots (< lazy to get TT80), mold plate and mold cuisses till level 90.) You find a little trouble with bosses depending in TT. When I go solo, I just take another veno friend with me. One heals/amp switches and the other either heals if it's a hard hitting boss or DD/debuffs. Easier and faster, and still quite profitable xD;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Are you planning to use sakyamuni's light beyond level 80?
    Or only just until you're able to get enough magic for TT80 and keep the magic weapon to your level? If You want to use Sakyamuni's light long term, I suggest refining it. If not, don't bother so much :P

TT70 armour isn't really so fantastic. I did use it myself but only later on when I needed it to get TT80 wrists and ect. It dosent matter what, the cuisses mold adds a nice little speed bonus and str+ though. You could find 3 star stuff that has better bonuses than TT70 heavy, but yeah, you will need TT70 to make TT8o if you plan to use it instead of molds.

(I used molds, TT80 wrist, TT70 boots (< lazy to get TT80), mold plate and mold cuisses till level 90.) You find a little trouble with bosses depending in TT. When I go solo, I just take another veno friend with me. One heals/amp switches and the other either heals if it's a hard hitting boss or DD/debuffs. Easier and faster, and still quite profitable xD;

Well I was thinking of choosing either Yaksa or Endless Ambiguity when I get enough magic points(around 89-90?). Not going to keep Sakyamuni's light past 90^^

I will try to find some nice 3* heavy armors from AH/BH bosses then. Getting HH 70 armors so I can make HH 80 :P

Thanks for answeringb:thanks
  • fuzzz
    edited October 2009
    i would like your thoughts on this build please http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3e76328a2bfb9b58 (fully buffed, bm barb and cleric buffs and in fox form)
    its a bit more hybrid i guess
    i intend on wearing this and only switching to full HA should i be going against a BM, i feel that this will give me a bit more survivabilty should i be attacked out of the blue by clerics or mages
    the belt is know is suxy but gonna try and get a better one

note all of the above, excluding the sleeves and the shoes i already have
    the shoes i have the mats just waiting to make.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    @ fuzzz;
    I had a look at your stats. I was checking out your gear and it struck me as odd that you'd only have 7k pdef in fox form buffed. I checked out the skills and not all of them were there. For the sake of it, I went and put on all the level 10 barb, cleric and blademaster buffs. So these are your stats buffed: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9e8f572201b238f5

Still kinda weird to me that you'd only have 12k pdef. You've also got 2 attrib points, were are you planning on putting those? Along with the belt, I also think you could find another helm with more than just + 4 stats :P

I know you said you plan on switching over to your full set of heavy against a barbarian, however, although wizards and clerics (especially) can deal physical damage, most of the time they'll be pumping out magical damage. Wizards get really scary at 99+.
    Would you plan on possibly getting any more magical defense? You've got decent M.def with those buffs, but you wont always be buffed in pvp, especially not when you're facing other venomancers. You could try and find an m.def belt with stats :P

You've got a pretty good build going there :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzz
    edited October 2009
    yeah lol there was something really weird going on with with the calculator.. my bad
    basically what im planning to do is.. be on this gear all the time..and just switch to another arcane piece or full heavy depending on the opponent..
    but i will still have to acquire other stuff

about the helm and the belt
    the belt is just something i put on to see what the results would look like .. ill try and get a better belt
    about the helm
    well the only reason that i bought is is cause it had (im not really gonna stop with that,if i can find something better.. but i havent been able to yet)
    1. 4 sockets (Drool... socketing upto 4 sockets is just insane >.<)
    2. has additional metal resist
    i had a thought of adding 2 pefect or higher element resist stones in there to get a bit more mag def.. what you think about that ? :o

now ..
    i really like the idea of this build (HA veno in general)
    but a few of my friends are hell bent on not letting me go through with this ..
    they go exactly as you stated "heavy veno = fail" :|
    after having read through all the 33 pages i dont doubt it..

but my frnd says that there a few venos in his faction that have tried and dropped this build..cause it sucked..
    just need a a bit more reassuarance lol
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Meh, I still get alot of people coming up to me and saying ewww heavy lololol.

How can they know it fails when they haven't even tried it themselves? The last two people that came up to me and told me my build fails, I beat them in a duel. That changed their minds. My guild was like that when I first started out too, it took them a little while to realise that it wasn't as bad as they thought it to be. Most of the time when my squad gets party wiped, i'm still alive.

I'm still yet to find any blademaster that can beat me in pvp. The metal defense was nice, I was looking at that, thing is though this build~ although it's sturdy in terms of survivability it's quite fragile (easy to brake) should you make a small mistake in building it. If you had a full set of arcane gear + maybe some +mag def orns you should'nt really need to add any mag def shards in your gear. Those things alone should really be enough. Magic hits really hard, and your arcane set gets less HP per refine than your heavy set will so you need to maximise your HP as much as possible.

This build isn't for everyone, it's strays far away from the easy breezy arcane veno, which is what most people play venomancers for. Some preffer having higher HP and nukage despite being really easy to take down. Don't listen to people telling you something isn't right when they haven't got a single clue about it themselves. I had the same thing lol. They'll realise later on just what your build is actually capable of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]