Mistake or not?

Admante - Dreamweaver
Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
I thought tiger packs were -25% off indefinitely but they're same price as corals now. There was nothing in the news that said anything about it so is this a mistake? If serious, gold is actually going to go down :o
Post edited by Admante - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I thought tiger packs were -25% off indefinitely but they're same price as corals now. There was nothing in the news that said anything about it so is this a mistake? If serious, gold is actually going to go down :o
    There was nothing in the news? You sure?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=183511
    PWI --- Tiger Packs and Storage Sale!

These sales will be active from January 12 at 1:00AM Server Time until January 19th at 1:00AM Server Time!

*looks at the time*
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    That -33% sale was tacked on top of -25% sale for total of -50% off. The -33% started last week and ended this maint. Nothing was said about the indefinite -25% sale.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yay for 1 gold packs!
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That -33% sale was tacked on top of -25% sale for total of -50% off. The -33% started last week and ended this maint. Nothing was said about the indefinite -25% sale.

25+33=50?

What kinds of calculator are you using? o__0
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    25+33=50?

Ever went to a department store sale? The discounts aren't additive, they're multiplicative. -25% means 75% left, then -33% of 75% is 50%.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ever went to a department store sale? The discounts aren't additive, they're multiplicative. -25% means 75% left, then -33% of 75% is 50%.

I don't actually, gives me more money for PWI. b:avoid

But I did catch my mistake after I posted... b:surrender
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The 25% sale is no longer a sale; that's just the normal adjusted price. As you can see when they are off sale, it says normal price 75 silver (no sale icon next to it).
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    When I go in the boutique it says "Tiger Pack 1 gold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    When people raged over 75s packs indefinitely, Frankie replied that 'indefinitely' is not the same as 'permanently'. Basically just meant they didnt have a definite time to end it, but it would end. I guess it has now ended.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    25+33=50?

He means that at one point in December Tiger Packs were on sale at 22g 50s for 50 packs... that's 50% off the normal price. When they came "off" sale, they were no longer on the front page of the boutique but on the packs tab, they were still 33g 50s for 50 packs... that's still 33% off the normal price. Note that the "SALE" light was not flashing and 50 Coral packs were 45g so I submitted a ticket asking if it was a mistake and the resposne I got was "No, it's not a mistake."

Seems like when they went "off" sale this time they're now priced the same as Corals and not at 33% off (which many might have assumed was the new permanent price for Tigers).
    edited January 2011
    He means that at one point in December Tiger Packs were on sale at 22g 50s for 50 packs... that's 50% off the normal price. When they came "off" sale, they were no longer on the front page of the boutique but on the packs tab, they were still 33g 50s for 50 packs... that's still 33% off the normal price. Note that the "SALE" light was not flashing and 50 Coral packs were 45g so I submitted a ticket asking if it was a mistake and the resposne I got was "No, it's not a mistake."

Seems like when they went "off" sale this time they're now priced the same as Corals and not at 33% off (which many might have assumed was the new permanent price for Tigers).
    You mean not at 25% off.

The 33% was part of the recent "sale" of an already existing "indefinite" 25% sale the OP is contending, and that was the "multiplicative" was the 33% combined with the supposed indefinite 25% sale. As in, they're supposed to be 75 silver (25%) per tiger pack when the recent sale went away not 66/67 silver (33%).

It's happened plenty of times where they screwed something up like this. I saw back in I think November or December when they said that tiger packs would be indefinite but obviously 1 gold per each tiger pack is not a sale when it's the same as corals. My guess is what's going on will maybe be clarified or rectified soon.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, we definitely should have been more clear about it--

The "33% off" was referring to what at that time had become the "normal" price of Tiger Packs-- 75 cents. They were at the 75 cent price point from October 20th until the end of the year.

Beginning this morning, Tiger Packs are back to their original price at 1 dollar, and right now there are no plans to remove them entirely from the cash shop.

Sorry about the confusion here.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, we definitely should have been more clear about it--

The "33% off" was referring to what at that time had become the "normal" price of Tiger Packs-- 75 cents. They were at the 75 cent price point from October 20th until the end of the year.

Beginning this morning, Tiger Packs are back to their original price at 1 dollar, and right now there are no plans to remove them entirely from the cash shop.

Would be nice if we could be told about these things when they happen.
    edited January 2011
    You mean not at 25% off.
    No, I menat 33% off like I stated. I expected the price of a 50-pack to rise from 22.5 to 33.5 (which I think was the OP's expecation, but he can clarify that); instead it rose to 45.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Would be nice if we could be told about these things when they happen.

And your local walmart personally alerts you every time it reprices a single product? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    No, I menat 33% off like I stated. I expected the price of a 50-pack to rise from 22.5 to 33.5 (which I think was the OP's expecation, but he can clarify that); instead it rose to 45.
    75% of 45 gold is 33.5. That's 25% off, hence why it was NOT 33% (the most recent week or two week sale, the 25% being the supposed indefinite one), which is why I corrected you. If your expectation for it was to be 29'ish gold (33% off) then you simply read wrong and that's not PWI's fault. Clearly your math of simple percentages is jumbled. b:bye
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2011

This is fantastic. If you have no more discount pack sales for 2 more weeks or so, gold prices will finally drop down a lot b:thanks
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    And your local walmart personally alerts you every time it reprices a single product? b:surrender

Does my local walmart have the ability to change the whole economy with one item?
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Does my local walmart have the ability to change the whole economy with one item?

b:laugh pro comeback
    edited January 2011
    75% of 45 gold is 33.5. That's 25% off, hence why it was NOT 33% (the most recent week or two week sale, the 25% being the supposed indefinite one), which is why I corrected you. If your expectation for it was to be 29'ish gold (33% off) then you simply read wrong and that's not PWI's fault. Clearly your math of simple percentages is jumbled. b:bye
    You assume I'm referencing the already discounted price for a 50-pack... I'm not :p

50g with a 33% discount is 50 x (1 - 0.33) = 33.5g

I think it's hilarious that you somehow know what I'm saying, but you don't have a clue even after I tell you. -_^
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This is fantastic. If you have no more discount pack sales for 2 more weeks or so, gold prices will finally drop down a lot b:thanks

Why haven't they dropped already then? Gold's 700k+ on Dreamweaver, and there's really nothing worth while in sales. Gold at most little over 400K when ever packs where on sale for 1 Gold in the past.
    edited January 2011
    Why haven't they dropped already then? Gold's 700k+ on Dreamweaver, and there's really nothing worth while in sales. Gold at most little over 400K when ever packs where on sale for 1 Gold in the past.
    Can't speak for Dreamwever but the 4 days before the sale ended, the average of the bid-ask spread on Sanctuary was 891k... It dropped to 790k yesterday and again to 766k today and is likely going to continue sliding downward 'til it hits the new "floor."
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Gold price fluctuation is not as big as it used to be, this is because pack-sales are now a common occurence, and merchants invest their coins in gold in these "down-times", keeping the demand for gold still relatively high when there are no packs on sale.

However, for every day there is not a pack-sale the price of gold will climb slowly downwards, and if we go more than two weeks without a sale, we might see gold down on the 500k mark.
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    However, for every day there is not a pack-sale the price of gold will climb slowly downwards, and if we go more than two weeks without a sale, we might see gold down on the 500k mark.

But do you think pwi will ever let this happen? b:thanks
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Why the hell do you want to falsify my statement looking for a drastic change within 2 days while I specifically wrote a bigger period of time like 2 weeks.

Balthier explained it a lot better than me b:surrender. Too bad on dreamweaver but on raging tide, gold is at 670k from 890k. Which I believe will stay there till one week or so before coming down further.