Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

1141516171820»

Comments

• eagle111
    eagle111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm a 105 veno, R9 +10 w/ +12 R9 weap and icebournes. I wear 2nd cast Nirvana heavy plate and pants both +10 and a +10 Forest Wisdom. I have the R9 chest and pants ready, but figured I'd try a "modern" heavy veno. I have 17K HP and with shards, my phy def and mag def are about 12K each in human buffed (cleric). I switched from demon to sage and have nearly all sage skills. I also have the 100 skills.

As a "utility class" it works well. I can do anything in PvE pretty much, with huge survivability. My mag attack is nearly 19K. A bit low, but I can kill most things in PvP. Being a support class mostly, living through a "purge run" is very important. I can do this well, generally. Also in TW, when I have bramble and go to fox, I'm a great lure. If a cleric is healing me, very difficult to kill and a great draw for enemy fire.

So yeah, very fun PvE, does the job well in PvP. Remember - we are not nukers, nor were we intended to be.

Instead of adding new classes, fix my 100 skills. Make the cooldown less than 10 minutes. Make pets worth a **** again. Let bramble be used in the field.
  • Spudfuzzy - Sanctuary
    Spudfuzzy - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I will be updating this guide after a bit to make it less condescending (and biased) and to update it to the current content in the later expansions. This is my new HA veno newb on Sanctuary although for whatever reason PWI's avatar system is fudging up. >_>
  • Reifeil - Archosaur
    Reifeil - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    SPUDDYY FUZYYYY! (Reifeil) LOL

Anyway even though i did read your guide... im still full HA and not AA/HA due to i get annoyed... very annoyed just buy people saying chose one and not the other though i like my Full HA nirvana build anyway.

Loved your guide and update it!!!! <3

Wuvn x lil baby Reifeil
  • Reifeil - Archosaur
    Reifeil - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    eagle111 wrote: »

As a "utility class" it works well. I can do anything in PvE pretty much, with huge survivability. My mag attack is nearly 19K. A bit low, but I can kill most things in PvP. Being a support class mostly, living through a "purge run" is very important. I can do this well, generally. Also in TW, when I have bramble and go to fox, I'm a great lure. If a cleric is healing me, very difficult to kill and a great draw for enemy fire.

So yeah, very fun PvE, does the job well in PvP. Remember - we are not nukers, nor were we intended to be.

Instead of adding new classes, fix my 100 skills. Make the cooldown less than 10 minutes. Make pets worth a **** again. Let bramble be used in the field.

I'm full HA build due to i never liked being AA/HA and will never be one again. I agree my mag attack is low more on the 15k-19k line. TW with Bramble and 23k (buffed)pys def is a ***** to kill with around 7k-10k mag def (10k buffed)

I can solo things in PvE VERY well even solo most of TT even if my pet dies XD

TW high survivability due to i seem to only get attacked by BM's and Sins -.-" what is the world coming to XD
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hi all...

today i finally put my feet down and decided to restat my veno to HA/AA build. i went the AA build all the way to 101, but to go HA was decided when i was 40+. (kept dying in 100 second stand)

my main concern is the damage output. AA build magic attack already sucks, wat will happen if i divert some into str and dex?b:sad

but if i dont try now with the reset notes sale, when will i? b:chuckle

so now, the question...

1) wat equips or accessories do u guys find useful for stats adding?

2) i now wear r8 armors and use r8 weapon, plan to use these for AA, but wat armor set is good for HA? i'm looking at solemnlight's plate as it seems the stats are better than lionheart plate?

3) after calculation, i seem to have around 100 stat points i will need to make up with equips... b:shocked Or should i wear lower grade HA armors? (so the stat point requirements are lowered as well)

please advise b:thanks

**Edit** my character currently wear these equips, plan to keep these for AA side during caster.

http://pwcalc.com/dcfbff5f8c985bd9
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sorry if I seem like just posting without reading.

I read through the whole 58 pages (skipped those posts of insults, trolls, flames and even those below 80s.)

I'm only looking at level 90s and 100s, and also hope not to glimpse my equips.

I made a ghost lord mantle yesterday after I got home, and not buy a wing trophy because of the upgrade potential.

Ring of solitude looks neat, as I plan to still nuke with my r8 weapon while wearing HA. (during server tw)

I already npc my mogwai belt, can't do anything about that. But will try to change my sky demon's pearl to a str+8 if possible.

I will keep my 300 mag stats for the weapon and try to get equips for str and dex.

Thanks for all your contributions so far.

b:thanks
  • Kiseop - Harshlands
    Kiseop - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is the accuracy of this kind of build ok?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Accuracy doesn't matter for PvE since phys defense debuffs (IE : Ironwood) reduce mob evasion to 0 for the rest of the battle. For PvP there are accuracy rings and gems but you'd mostly be casting there too so your accuracy will rarely be a concern.
  • Kiseop - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Accuracy doesn't matter for PvE since phys defense debuffs (IE : Ironwood) reduce mob evasion to 0 for the rest of the battle. For PvP there are accuracy rings and gems but you'd mostly be casting there too so your accuracy will rarely be a concern.

But what about some fox skills? Like Stunning Blow?
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    But what about some fox skills? Like Stunning Blow?

Once you use Ironwood or a pet debuff to reduce phys defense of the mob, it's evasion drops to zero and from that point on all your physical attacks will hit it. With PvP, you'd only have issues with high evasion classes... and everyone without a good base dexterity and accuracy rings has issues with those when not using skills that have a 100% accuracy rate. If you choose to use your fox form attacks against casters (or heavies for whatever reason) accuracy won't be a problem.
  • Kiseop - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Humm
    I thought stunning blow would be useful agains't sins and archers
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    It isn't. For one thing, it's not actually a stun. It freezes them in place. Against sins, it has a 50% chance of not working due to tidal protection... and requires going into melee range... which is the opposite of what you want to do against a sin. For archers, it means tanking their damage while trying to get near them and a good archer will try to keep away the instant you go fox and try to get close. When it comes to those two classes, you're much better off tossing spells and using fox form for the curses instead of the attacks.
  • Kiseop - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Sorry if i'm asking too much, but what about phys damage? Is it relevant in the comparison?
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    The phys damage will be pretty good actually. Granted, you won't bother with it in endgame PvP. For PvE and lower tiered gear PvP, however, it's more than good enough. The downside being that magic weapons lose endurance very quickly from physical attacks with them.

But there is a plus of being able to troll with axes for the fun of it
  • Kiseop - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the patience b:victory
    I'll be LA
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    The phys damage will be pretty good actually. Granted, you won't bother with it in endgame PvP. For PvE and lower tiered gear PvP, however, it's more than good enough. The downside being that magic weapons lose endurance very quickly from physical attacks with them.

But there is a plus of being able to troll with axes for the fun of it

nothing is better than foxform aps trolling wizards and archers in tw, ijs.

the morai reflect skill is absolutely amazing against archers btw, since it reflects 100% of damage from ALL physical hits, not just melee. hit an archer with ironwood and use blazing barrier, the archer will kill him/herself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    nothing is better than foxform aps trolling wizards and archers in tw, ijs.

the morai reflect skill is absolutely amazing against archers btw, since it reflects 100% of damage from ALL physical hits, not just melee. hit an archer with ironwood and use blazing barrier, the archer will kill him/herself.

I wonder if it'd work on an archer IGing during barrage....

Yay for trolling methods!
    edited October 2012
    lets test it! pm me later
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Yay testing! b:heart
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    it doesn't work through IG however it is great against archers regardless. Cannot be IG'd 100% of the time and during TW with those barrage the archers have no control over what walks in range...

If you want to go ahead and seal the death deal along with Iron Wood toss a Tangling Mire for added slippery wet death.
    edited October 2012
    it doesn't work through IG however it is great against archers regardless. Cannot be IG'd 100% of the time and during TW with those barrage the archers have no control over what walks in range...

If you want to go ahead and seal the death deal along with Iron Wood toss a Tangling Mire for added slippery wet death.

now i'll never find out who kossy is b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    now i'll never find out who kossy is b:surrender

I blame the system! b:avoid
    edited October 2012
    i blame the liberal media, and obama-care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    At least you'll still have that chocolate.
  • Plewxy - Lost City
    Plewxy - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know it's not for everyone, but all I have to say personally about being a HA veno is that it's damn fun! b:laugh I was so happy when I learnt how to transform from arcane to heavy - I felt like I'd just discovered how to make female barbarians! b:chuckle