Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Comments

• Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well I started asking a couple levels ago, and with a little luck, I'll finally have myself talked into one way or the other by 89, lol.

I started thinking about all this at lvl 60 (or when i discovered ecatomb and pwdatabase and pwcalc) I started considering builds, and sage or demon around then. I just got my genie skill cloud eruption the other day, (used a stone of refreshment) That skill kicks **** on giving chi, at lvl 6 I get a spark and a half, (more than Master Li's Technique would give) Now I don't feel like I'll miss out on chi gain in demon... All the more reason to go demon now. b:victory
    >.<
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    YamamoriYuki - Raging Tide, Level 40:
    (Base stats, no EQ add ons)
    Vit: 5
    Str: 75
    Magic: 110
    Dex: 19
    Hit Points: 1020

(With heavy armor EQ add ons)

Vit: 6
    Str: 87
    Magic: 111
    Dex: 24
    Hit Points: 1186

(With arcane armor EQ add ons)

Vit: 8
    Str: 83
    Magic: 115
    Dex: 24
    Hit Points: 1166

Heavy armor

Arcane armor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just got my genie skill cloud eruption the other day, (used a stone of refreshment) That skill kicks **** on giving chi, at lvl 6 I get a spark and a half, (more than Master Li's Technique would give) Now I don't feel like I'll miss out on chi gain in demon... All the more reason to go demon now. b:victory
    Problem with both the chi skills (Cloud Eruption and Chi Siphon) is their affinity requirement. I consider Holy Path, Tree of Protection, and Extreme Poison to be required skills. Those three require 12 affinity points. Adding either Cloud Eruption or Chi Siphon bumps the affinity requirement up to 20 points, which isn't attainable until the genie is level 95. I had to resort to making a second genie with a chi skill specifically for those situations where I want chi and give up one of what I consider to be the core three skills.

I suppose if you're going Demon you could drop Holy Path. But there's still a huge speed difference between 15 m/s and 10 m/s.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Problem with both the chi skills (Cloud Eruption and Chi Siphon) is their affinity requirement. I consider Holy Path, Tree of Protection, and Extreme Poison to be required skills. Those three require 12 affinity points. Adding either Cloud Eruption or Chi Siphon bumps the affinity requirement up to 20 points, which isn't attainable until the genie is level 95. I had to resort to making a second genie with a chi skill specifically for those situations where I want chi and give up one of what I consider to be the core three skills.

I suppose if you're going Demon you could drop Holy Path. But there's still a huge speed difference between 15 m/s and 10 m/s.

Actually I'm pretty pleased with my genie atm. I have 5 skills on it, Holy path, second wind, deep poison, cloud eruption, and frenzy. All are maxed except cloud eruption, it's lvl 6... Need to work on my genie's vitality points. To get cloud eruption I had to just use a stone of refreshment, and forget one skill i didn't like. It turns out that I had more affinity points than i needed, so it was easy to switch around. I'm working a on second genie, zeal for luring bosses, gonna probably put ToP on it. Don't know what else though. I will be dropping holy path once i learn demon fox though. I know 15 meters is faster than 10 meters, but I feel switching from foxform to human constantly would be quicker maybe. I'm still unsure what skill i want to replace it with. Either alpa male, incase i have to tank, or bramble rage for aoe grinding and bosses. But, I could always put alpha male on the
    2nd genie.
    >.<
  • KatieBee - Heavens Tear
    KatieBee - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Is dmg calculated by mag or str for a fox form veno?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Strength. But you need the mag to weild a decent magic weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    YamamoriYuki - Raging Tide, Level 50:
    (Base stats, no EQ add ons)
    Vit: 5
    Str: 87
    Magic: 147
    Dex: 22
    Hit Points: 1236

(With heavy armor EQ add ons)

Vit: 12
    Str: 105
    Magic: 159
    Dex: 26
    Hit Points: 1445

(With arcane armor EQ add ons)

Vit: 8
    Str: 89
    Magic: 167
    Dex: 27
    Hit Points: 1472

Heavy armor

Arcane armor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Gee o.O

I haven't been playing or on the forums for eons now. Looks like everyone's got the hybrid build down pat. I really regretted switching from HA/AA to AA before I quit, it was so damn boring. Can anyone tell me if the economy ever got better (gold prices are decent and the gap between rich and poor reduced.)? If it did, I may consider coming back and remaking my HA veno >:

-Reikara.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Gee o.O

I haven't been playing or on the forums for eons now. Looks like everyone's got the hybrid build down pat. I really regretted switching from HA/AA to AA before I quit, it was so damn boring. Can anyone tell me if the economy ever got better (gold prices are decent and the gap between rich and poor reduced.)? If it did, I may consider coming back and remaking my HA veno >:

-Reikara.

ummmm... nope...still **** as can be, though pk can still be fun in groups
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Thought as much >_>. Perfect world is awesome, but it really kills the fun when you have to spend forever farming to keep up with an over inflated economy. DX

• Tavara - Heavens Tear
    Tavara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thought as much >_>. Perfect world is awesome, but it really kills the fun when you have to spend forever farming to keep up with an over inflated economy. DX

mmm i still find it fun...even though i am in a TW faction i have no will to keep up with the gear of others...but yeah this game has been on a downhill crash landing course since last year september...but of course you know thatb:chuckle
    edited May 2010
    mmm i still find it fun...even though i am in a TW faction i have no will to keep up with the gear of others...but yeah this game has been on a downhill crash landing course since last year september...but of course you know thatb:chuckle

**** wrong avatarb:surrender
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jutte - Dreamweaver
    Jutte - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Question:

Is it true that HA build venomancers have a lower heal than arcane?
    Since it requires some of your magic attack to heal your pets for higher amounts?
    Looking for better siggy! PM me for details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Question:

Is it true that HA build venomancers have a lower heal than arcane?
    Since it requires some of your magic attack to heal your pets for higher amounts?

Yes, very true
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited May 2010

At level 100 it won't matter much which build you have regarding to how much you can spend. It's still fun to work on a build, farm money a and realise it. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    Elirynn - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wahhh! I hope I came into the right place :) I'm looking for experienced venos and their opinions/advice on building a twinked LA/HA veno. She'll be nerfed to level 26-30 for farming b:victory

I'd appreciate your help!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8263162#post8263162 b:bye
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    At that level it's not a good plan go heavy armor, and HA/LA is even worse. At that level your main damage comes from your pet, pet is basically everything as far as i can remember from my newb levels. Both in DD and in tanking. So gimping your heal by going something else then LA or AA is going to hurt you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    Elirynn - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    At that level it's not a good plan go heavy armor, and HA/LA is even worse. At that level your main damage comes from your pet, pet is basically everything as far as i can remember from my newb levels. Both in DD and in tanking. So gimping your heal by going something else then LA or AA is going to hurt you.

What I meant is, HA Or LA XD sorry about the confusion. I remember at that level I did significantly more damage than my pet during 2x-3x, but then again I am an AA veno. I had a glacial walker, and he was a brilliant tank, so I only healed once per mob, and could keep aggro with his silly roar. I only mentioned wanting to experiment with a HA or LA because I don't want to be so dependent on magic and be interrupted with rest periods b:chuckle just wanna try something new, so any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated b:bye
  • ELVI$ - Dreamweaver
    ELVI$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My work in progress 62 HA veno, I've been doing HA from high 20's.

The calculator seems to be off by 9-10 in the elemental resistances and my physical attack with melee mastery 8 is actually 1025-1455 in fox form.

Note: The cloak is from my main I have had since the time of the first anniversary packs.

I would prefer one with stats added but this one will be just fine I guess.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c9c94d9dbb946692

Next up for armor will be the 61 HA Cuisses of Divine Beast at 64.

My HA wizzy will get them at 63 because I just got one of the rings this week and my wizzy is only 58 so I hadn't committed the points yet.

BTW, HA Veno's make sense but Wizzy? Yes solo aoe grinding!

I wear whatever I can from my 6x BM who gets his armor and weapons from my 8x Barb.

The fun is trying to get this to actually work and see what new eq I can squeeze into next!
    edited June 2010
    What I meant is, HA Or LA XD sorry about the confusion. I remember at that level I did significantly more damage than my pet during 2x-3x, but then again I am an AA veno. I had a glacial walker, and he was a brilliant tank, so I only healed once per mob, and could keep aggro with his silly roar. I only mentioned wanting to experiment with a HA or LA because I don't want to be so dependent on magic and be interrupted with rest periods b:chuckle just wanna try something new, so any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated b:bye

LAs tend to do alright through the newb levels, I think it's the HA/AA that's the big taboo.
    If you want to experiment, I'd say try LA for starters. Nice accuracy for fox form and not too heavy on the budget and stat requirements.

To be honest I strongly recommend the min level for HA/AA build at 70, but even that is pushing it.

edited June 2010
    LAs tend to do alright through the newb levels, I think it's the HA/AA that's the big taboo.
    If you want to experiment, I'd say try LA for starters. Nice accuracy for fox form and not too heavy on the budget and stat requirements.

To be honest I strongly recommend the min level for HA/AA build at 70, but even that is pushing it.

you dont technically need accuracy as a pve foxform veno because if you ironwood on a mob or boss you will never miss till its dead
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    you dont technically need accuracy as a pve foxform veno because if you ironwood on a mob or boss you will never miss till its dead

I've heard of this before, but does the p def reduction have to hit in order for it to work? Say it would work with sage ironwood and lvl 10 ironwood, but would this trick work with demon ironwood that only hits 20% of the time? I haven't really tested since goin demon.

Edit, Just tested it on about 20 mobs. Demon ironwood procked once the whole time.

About 18 mobs where ironwood didnt hit: Never saw a miss.
    One mob where demon ironwood hit: Never saw a miss.
    Last mob where demon ironwood didn't hit: Saw a few misses.

So for demon ironwood, it doesnt work 100% of the time. But, I hardly saw a miss, just on one out of 20 mobs.
    >.<
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hmm so I am currently aiming for:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9ec5fee4963951f2

Is this a possible goal? especially since I am pretty impatient when it comes to earning money, so I am unable to play the market effectively...
    The seal of eternal solitude alone seems like a stretch... b:sadb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hmm so I am currently aiming for:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9ec5fee4963951f2

Is this a possible goal? especially since I am pretty impatient when it comes to earning money, so I am unable to play the market effectively...
    The seal of eternal solitude alone seems like a stretch... b:sadb:sad

getting all four sockets on those gears are gonna cost u money or a **** load of luck, and if you don't charge zen, you gonna need 300mil+ for this set.

the seal of eternal solitude isn't hard to get, it's those rapture stones that u need to farm or buy. It's gonna take you at least five month if you are purely farming.
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    getting all four sockets on those gears are gonna cost u money or a **** load of luck, and if you don't charge zen, you gonna need 300mil+ for this set.

the seal of eternal solitude isn't hard to get, it's those rapture stones that u need to farm or buy. It's gonna take you at least five month if you are purely farming.

Oh yeah... didn't really pay attention to the sockets much haha, just threw in some shards b:shocked

Well, some of they easy-peasy stuff like the helm and the TT sets i either already have or am half done farming for b:laugh, atm I'm mainly worrying about the Ghost Lord's Mantle because I need it for a good equipment build at lvl90 anyways b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    this is my current intention :

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8093222fc9845160

already got all the Ashura stuff... just need the lion heart for bonus interval... yes I don't give a **** about -Channel

Weapon upgrade can come... like at the end of the century or something.
  • Innoue - Dreamweaver
    Innoue - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well I can certainly agree with you on the fact that people HATE this build unless you prove to them that it works. I currently wear both heavy and arcane here you can look at this.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6c216968ddf59bc9

This is with sage Melee Mastery and Foxform shown as buffed for you to see the end result.

My wife IRL is a lvl 101 archer here is her pwcalc compare this to see just how effective this build can be when mixed with fox skills, Apoth and a bit of mathematical know how. You'll notice at 8 lvls lower I am actually comparable if not better in some aspects to a lvl 101 archer.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=044462d6383aa701

This build works people and the fact that I'm pretty sure I'm the only veno on the DW server that has this build I encourage those who are skeptical to see for themselves the benefits of wearing both armors.

As far as an LA build I'm sorry but I don't agree with that (don't hate me) you'll not need accuracy in foxform for foxform at sage lvl gives 250% to accuracy wether you're LA HA or AA or both HA/AA like me.

I go full fox 99% of the time and as far as TW and things PvP like this I believe there is no better build for a veno.

I think it's awesome that there are other people that have tried this and encourage you to keep your head up and ignore the ridicule from others (There are many)

Oh and Serinregis...That is a nice goal but if you are mostly foxform a magic sword would be a better choice of weapon in my opinion (Higher att) just to let you know.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    or you could save yourself the money, and the headaches of finding proper accesories by sharding garnets and/or getting vit. stillhave the potential to get BM like pdef when buffed, and retain much higher damage, heals, and mp/hp pool without needing heavy investment in refines.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7a79c7e0f7b0b9c6
    my build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    or you could save yourself the money, and the headaches of finding proper accesories by sharding garnets and/or getting vit. stillhave the potential to get BM like pdef when buffed, and retain much higher damage, heals, and mp/hp pool without needing heavy investment in refines.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7a79c7e0f7b0b9c6
    my build

Finding proper accessories for an HA/AA build isnt a headache. Especially with everything in game now-a-days like the countless event capes, tomes, oht ortaments, oht rings, helmets, and etc. All this can help with the build. And tbh, you're not really saving yourself that much money with your build by having 4 socketed TT90, and 4 socketed holy punishment helmet, and 4 socketed heavenrage boots. Unless you were incredibily lucky and got all those items manufactured as 4 sockets, then i would hand it to you. But I highly doubt you did. Also the point of this build is to take full advantage of foxform, not just amp, soul degen, and purge, like most venos do. I'm in foxform about 80% of the time in game, nearly 100% of time during bosses, DDing in foxform and casting amp or myriad every chance i get. The other 75-80% I'm in human form grinding killing mobs faster, or maybe passing a spark and aoeing mobs in delta or fcc.
    >.<
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Finding proper accessories for an HA/AA build isnt a headache. Especially with everything in game now-a-days like the countless event capes, tomes, oht ortaments, oht rings, helmets, and etc. All this can help with the build. And tbh, you're not really saving yourself that much money with your build by having 4 socketed TT90, and 4 socketed holy punishment helmet, and 4 socketed heavenrage boots. Unless you were incredibily lucky and got all those items manufactured as 4 sockets, then i would hand it to you. But I highly doubt you did. Also the point of this build is to take full advantage of foxform, not just amp, soul degen, and purge, like most venos do. I'm in foxform about 80% of the time in game, nearly 100% of time during bosses, DDing in foxform and casting amp or myriad every chance i get. The other 75-80% I'm in human form grinding killing mobs faster, or maybe passing a spark and aoeing mobs in delta or fcc.
    i did get lucky with them, those garnets are not expensive at all with packs, neither are some of those gears are relatively cheap. the countless pack (sales are not events) gear etc needed to ease the search slightly is expensive.

what is the point of 'taking full advantage of fox' when it cant even do nearly as much damage as casting without interval gear? (even more expensive). and what about accuracy? how do you deal with **** accuracy, misties? lol. you arent a blade master, or a barb so why pretend to be one?

HA is a worthless headahce of a build that isnt even worth being called a build. its an insult to venos by trying to be something other than the status quo, but when it comes down to it, your description just describes interval world international; where every freakin build tries to focus on speedy melee rather than their intended jobs. go arcane, go la, but dont waste your time on HA on a caster, its stupid.

garnets are cheaper, and make more bang for your buck instead of killing your stats and damage for a slightly higher def rate.