Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:victory Nice post. Well written, well balanced, very nice. b:thanks

So yeah, that is my main worry too, that the -other- items are really lame to obtain atm. I say it's because of Gold Prices, but it's not the whole answer, predictably. I'm only trying to get the focus to shift to solutions rather than reiterations of the problems.

Maybe this will all be over after tonight's patch.

That.. my friend... would kick ****. XD
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    anni packs going away tonight?=3
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    anni packs going away tonight?=3

Don't know... just wait and hope... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    anni packs were for celebrating anniversary.
    so were 2xExp weekends.
    that means GMs owe us 5 weekends of 2xExpb:victory
  • coleminor3
    coleminor3 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The anniversary packs suck! All i've ever gotten is tokens of luck.. I can buy 15 tokens of luck for cheaper than an anniversary pack.. now I understand that you can't get anything rare on your first try and all, but how much money does a person have to spend to get somethin good from this game?? I'm embarrassed to say it but i've spent a bit of money on this game now lol, and I threw away ALOT of it on halloween and anniversary packs, and so far, it has been a complete waste of my money.. if I spend 20 dollars and use nearly all of it getting event packs, I get nothing but **** in return.. Being that it is just a game, and in this game world, you can create whatever awesome items you want, and you'll always be able have new stuff available, couldn't you make the % of goodies a little higher? Just feels like a rip to me.. I prolly shouldn't spend any money on the game, but if I do, I think i'm done with event ****.. And hey, wat is up wit dem halloween packs too, i read in another post that after nov 2 you can't open em anymore? the whole time i was waitin to open em, then i missed the message and now they are useless? I really like the game, but damn this aggrivates me b:angry
  • MaeDawn - Sanctuary
    MaeDawn - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Anni Packs= increase in gold prices = increase in the prices of damn near everything in the game.

What's worst, at level 82, its near impossible to level any further. Questing, Grinding, doing FC, RB, or anything else, requires a tank. Aka normally a barb. And with that, they already have heavy repair bills. What's worst, they need charms for the most part. Which makes it insanely hard to find a barb for ANYTHING now because they dislike the cost of repair bills AND charms.
    What led to the increase of charm prices? The anni packs. Of course.
    It takes me a good hour to find a barb for anything anymore, because so many refuse to do anything to help out because of the costs.
    I have to /bribe/ them with money and charms. I mean, come on.

And trust me, I'm not the only one complaining about this, people have given up on doing any said above because its cheaper and easier to do oracles. Speed leveling? Completely unfair. Yes, I've used oracles every once in a while, but there are players who spend nonstop money to level from xx level to 90+, its better when unlimited, THOUSANDS (yes I /do/ know of people who have literally had 6k+ of oracles just to power level) of oracles aren't easily accessible by just opening a million packs and having a ton of tokens.
    Why bother questing or doing innocent instances when you can just power level that way? Is it pointless to be a high level anymore because you can still be a complete noob and not know didly squat about the game because you power leveled on oracles? (yes I know, total QQing is splashed across this entire post so far)

But think about it, the longer these prices are being kept up, the more players will quit, the less people will buy, and so in the end the staff of PW won't make even as much money /before/ the packs.

b:sad I miss being able to play for fun, not having to worry about how to make money so I can afford the necessities and pay off people so they can afford to help me level.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    QQ more, life is not fair, never was never will.
    If you want everything over one night, switch to P2P or another low fan base f2p MMO's.

Btw all you ever said AGAIN is "I want every thing from the cash shop now"!
    Then by all means charge Zen. And get it.

Only thing that i agree on, is that the end gear is a bit too much :\.

My honest suggestion is to play this for fun with friends, you clearly dont know how fun it can be for FREE....
    b:dirty
  • coleminor3
    coleminor3 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the game is fun for free... but its funner when u can buy stuff u want lol.. i just think on some of the things they should cut us a better deal, they're selling us imaginary toys lol, they don't have to pay anything at all for the items they sell in botique... so its 100% profit, then minus server costs, advertising, and whatever else, they're still makin a HUGE amount of money... sooo why can't they give us just a little bit better of a deal... they'd prolly get more sales too... if u drop 20 on anniversary packs, or if u dropped 20 bux on the halloween event... you should be able to get something bada$$ for the 20 bux u just spent... IMO...
  • KohkuChan - Lost City
    KohkuChan - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    heh the gms just love screwin us..
    their not satisified with owing all territorys -.-
    the anniversary packs will never go away so our "economy" will stay sht b:surrender
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

What's worst, at level 82, its near impossible to level any further. Questing, Grinding, doing FC, RB, or anything else, requires a tank. Aka normally a barb.

Ermm since when did people start needing a tank for normal Questing and grinding ?, and grinding/normal quests can be done charmless

Plus you dont need a Barb for FC, Bm's can tank that, and alot of the bosses a Herc can tank so less repair bill.

Same as TT, a Barb doesnt have to tank all the bosses if you have a Herc in the squad.

Dont need to do RB to level.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Still, when gold prices start cutting off parts of gameplay, it's getting a bit unfair for the players who don't charge zen.

There has to be a balance between keeping the zen chargers happy and the free players happy. PWE completely messed up that balance, or, at least, started the events that did.

And before telling me to blame people and leave PWE out of it... People's 'greediness' hasn't changed, yet gold was 100k a while ago. So what changed? PWE, and the constant sales and anni packs and the other events. Yeah, people did it, but, PWE started it.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

What's worst, at level 82, its near impossible to level any further. Questing, Grinding, doing FC, RB, or anything else, requires a tank. Aka normally a barb. And with that, they already have heavy repair bills. What's worst, they need charms for the most part. Which makes it insanely hard to find a barb for ANYTHING now because they dislike the cost of repair bills AND charms.
    What led to the increase of charm prices? The anni packs. Of course.
    It takes me a good hour to find a barb for anything anymore, because so many refuse to do anything to help out because of the costs.
    I have to /bribe/ them with money and charms. I mean, come on.

First things first; you don't need a barb to tank everything. This was covered in another thread somewhere.

Barb = commonly a tank
    Tank = any class that can take the hits of a mob or boss and not die

So, your barb will have more HP than other classes. And so they have skills that keep aggro. Does this mean all tanks are barbs? No. It does not. I don't mean to be nit-picky about this, but I am so sick of everybody saying "I NEED A BARB TO TANK THIS QQQQ" when there are other options - even if these said other options are not preferable ones.

Secondly, I would not take a barbarian - or any character that can tank something for that matter - if I need to bribe them. Nu-uh, that's not happening. I can wait a little while until I find a barbarian/tank/whatever I need - I'm not going to suffer if I tell a barb to **** off because he/she demands I buy them a charm first.
    That's being greedy. And that's allowing them to be greedy. Like I said, I understand a barbarian is a preferable tank, but that doesn't make them the only class they can tank and I sure as heck know that if I demanded a charm from somebody for DDing for them they'd look the other way and send me packing without a second thought.

I don't mean offence, nor to sound rude, but if you are bribing barbarians to help you with X, Y, and Z then some of them are probably going to constantly use that excuse with you to drain money out of you - making it easier for them. If I were you, I would simply wait it out until you get somebody willing to help, who doesn't need to be bribed with anything. The chances are, they might very well do it better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alcee - Sanctuary
    Alcee - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Still, when gold prices start cutting off parts of gameplay, it's getting a bit unfair for the players who don't charge zen.

There has to be a balance between keeping the zen chargers happy and the free players happy. PWE completely messed up that balance, or, at least, started the events that did.

And before telling me to blame people and leave PWE out of it... People's 'greediness' hasn't changed, yet gold was 100k a while ago. So what changed? PWE, and the constant sales and anni packs and the other events. Yeah, people did it, but, PWE started it.

couldn't say it anyway better.
    PWI might as well just tell us that the Anni pack is here to stay permanent so that the demand for it is not must-get-it-right-here-right-now. That way the gold inflation bubble might burst.
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    Whiite - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some FAQs about the arguements.

1.)I can't level up without charms because the Gold Prices are too high.

You can grind. This does not take up charms or need any things from the Cash Shop.
    RB, Oracles etc isn't the ONLY way to level up.

2.)Other people have better/end-game gears than me because they buy packs. QQ

So what? Stop being jealous and move on. It's their money, they choose what they want to do with it. If you want Packs, buy it. If you can't, don't. It's simple.

3.)Newbies can get a pack after grinding L1-20 and get millions back.

Think about it, if newbies can do it, why not you? Stop QQing and join them then. If you can't beat them, join them.

4.)PWE made Anniversary Packs come back due "Popular Demand". Its a lie!

No that is not a lie, stop dreaming. Do you think Gold prices will rise to 500k if nobody is buying it? The majority of the people playing loves the Packs.
    You can make a poll and most people will choose "No for Anni Packs". Do you really think that everybody in the game goes into the forums? In reality, only a small fraction goes to the forums.

6.)I want Anniversary Packs to be removed.

I know you people want the packs, but are unable to get them. So you QQ for them to be removed because you know other people who have access to them will be better than you. You want to stop this from happening. -_-

7.)ZEN buyers and Non-ZEN buyers should be balanced.

This is a F2P game. If the ZEN buyers have no advantage over the Non-ZEN buyers, they will stop buying ZEN, thus PWE will stop earning a profit, and in the end, PWE has to close down the game. If the game is closed, you can't continue playing.

8.)So this is a "Free to Pay, but Pay to Win" game?

Of course, every F2P game is like this. If you haven't realise this, you probably haven't played a lot of F2P games.

9.)I feel no sense of achievement anymore.

Why? I don't get why you don't. Just set your own goals.

10.)I can't buy Gold anymore because it is so expensive.

First of all, be happy you can actually and legally buy Gold in-game. I doubt other MMORPGs would let you do that. The reason on why Gold is 500k is because it is worth 500k! People are willing to buy at that amount! Very shocking eh? >_>

---

I can go on and on the whole day with this...

I personally want the Gold to go to around 100k+ like you people said, since I have never bought Gold before.
    But you can't change things back that has already been done, QQing won't make Gold prices go down, just deal with it and move on.
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rgdgf6.png[/SIGPIC]

Sigh, lowered quality.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    7.)ZEN buyers and Non-ZEN buyers should be balanced.

This is a F2P game. If the ZEN buyers have no advantage over the Non-ZEN buyers, they will stop buying ZEN, thus PWE will stop earning a profit, and in the end, PWE has to close down the game. If the game is closed, you can't continue playing.

If that was in response to my post (kinda sounds like it), I was talking about keeping both parties happy. We all know that Zen buyers should get some advantage-- the fact is, when the game becomes more like a chore for the non-chargers, and a majority of them are unhappy with the game, that's when they need to fix something-- because, eventually, it'll become unprofitable for PWE.

And in response to Popularity-- Popularity is not the ## of people buying it, it's the amount bought. So, really, it's those 5% that are buying 1000 packs each, and that 25% that's buying 100 packs each that's doing it. (I know those %s probably aren't right, but, you get my point.)

I highly doubt only the ones that dislike the packs are on the forums. Even if the forums only represent 10% of the ingame population, I would think that it would be an accurate representation. Not "Just the 10% that hate them".
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    spam spam spam spam game is fail spam!
  • MaeDawn - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ermm since when did people start needing a tank for normal Questing and grinding ?, and grinding/normal quests can be done charmless

Plus you dont need a Barb for FC, Bm's can tank that, and alot of the bosses a Herc can tank so less repair bill.

Same as TT, a Barb doesnt have to tank all the bosses if you have a Herc in the squad.

Erm, since I grind level 100+ mobs to get decent exp, rather than a few 20+ exp. And it /can/, but sometimes circumstances happen when I can't neccessarily keep them healed

And yes I know BMs can but they need charms too (sorry, but it ain't fun when the tank, whoever it is, dies cause the stupid bishops keep freakin interrupting my heals)

And I don't just use RB, but it /is/ nice since its about a good 20%. Its hard to just join FC squads(dunno about other servers but Sanct normally asks for lvls 85+) unless you have connections (which I don't anymore since all my friends ragequit) and I can't exactly do FBs all day (that would be fun, but normally people get their FBs done with their factions). And I don't want to just log onto PW for just dailies and two hours of grinding -.-
    First things first; you don't need a barb to tank everything. This was covered in another thread somewhere.

Barb = commonly a tank
    Tank = any class that can take the hits of a mob or boss and not die

So, your barb will have more HP than other classes. And so they have skills that keep aggro. Does this mean all tanks are barbs? No. It does not. I don't mean to be nit-picky about this, but I am so sick of everybody saying "I NEED A BARB TO TANK THIS QQQQ" when there are other options - even if these said other options are not preferable ones.

Secondly, I would not take a barbarian - or any character that can tank something for that matter - if I need to bribe them. Nu-uh, that's not happening. I can wait a little while until I find a barbarian/tank/whatever I need - I'm not going to suffer if I tell a barb to **** off because he/she demands I buy them a charm first.
    That's being greedy. And that's allowing them to be greedy. Like I said, I understand a barbarian is a preferable tank, but that doesn't make them the only class they can tank and I sure as heck know that if I demanded a charm from somebody for DDing for them they'd look the other way and send me packing without a second thought.

I don't mean offence, nor to sound rude, but if you are bribing barbarians to help you with X, Y, and Z then some of them are probably going to constantly use that excuse with you to drain money out of you - making it easier for them. If I were you, I would simply wait it out until you get somebody willing to help, who doesn't need to be bribed with anything. The chances are, they might very well do it better.

First of all, if you hadn't noticed, I didn't say a barb was THE only tank, I said a tank is normally a barb (which is /true/ because that's their given job from the get go. BMs are mainly DDrs, venos are supposed *supposed* (yes I know they make good tankers with hercs and great DDrs) lurers)

But in all honesty its not /just/ tanks. Bribery works everywhere, often normally when there's a vital, missing class for a squad. I've seen clerics get paid for rezes, any missing class getting free wine while the rest of the squad splits pay. And no I'm not sure if this is due to the anni packs or not (never paid close attention to that sort of stuff before the increase of price for everything) but still, its a pain in the **** to get a tank anymore anyways. Point blank.
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    Whiite - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If that was in response to my post (kinda sounds like it), I was talking about keeping both parties happy. We all know that Zen buyers should get some advantage-- the fact is, when the game becomes more like a chore for the non-chargers, and a majority of them are unhappy with the game, that's when they need to fix something-- because, eventually, it'll become unprofitable for PWE.
    If the plan was to keep both parties happy, I have no argument about it.
    But being unable to buy Gold is not a chore for non-chargers. They can level up too, although it will take longer.
    And in response to Popularity-- Popularity is not the ## of people buying it, it's the amount bought. So, really, it's those 5% that are buying 1000 packs each, and that 25% that's buying 100 packs each that's doing it. (I know those %s probably aren't right, but, you get my point.)
    I have to disagree with this.
    1 Person buying 1000 packs = Not popular.
    100 People buying 10 packs each = Popular.

In the end, the total amount is the same, but 100 people liked it, as opposed to just 1 person.
    I highly doubt only the ones that dislike the packs are on the forums. Even if the forums only represent 10% of the ingame population, I would think that it would be an accurate representation. Not "Just the 10% that hate them".

I am not saying that every person who hates the packs are in the forums. I am saying that making a poll will be useless because not every single person will vote on it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rgdgf6.png[/SIGPIC]

Sigh, lowered quality.
  • asduf
    asduf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some FAQs about the arguements.

[4.)PWE made Anniversary Packs come back due "Popular Demand". Its a lie!

No that is not a lie, stop dreaming. Do you think Gold prices will rise to 500k if nobody is buying it? The majority of the people playing loves the Packs.
    You can make a poll and most people will choose "No for Anni Packs". Do you really think that everybody in the game goes into the forums? In reality, only a small fraction goes to the forums.
    That's illogical. If I want to know how many people in America watch "House" I won't ask all of America, I'll ask a sample size, which is the forums. And people who come onto the forums are more than likely those who spend a lot of time playing the game (i.e. they're researching/talking even while not in game...) and more than likely a lot of the cash shoppers. And gold prices are 500k because Anniversary packs are worth 500k, but that doesn't mean that everyone is buying. All it means is that a couple of rich people (like the ones who world chat a new lunar item everyday) buy anniversary packs, open them, sell the contents, and repeat. And just take a look at the auction house, there is less than one thousand gold total, and considering the PWI population easily eclipses that, there really isn't that much gold selling going on at any given point. (BTW "popular demand" could mean PWI shareholder popular demand which is probably true if you take a look at their share prices)
    Erm, since I grind level 100+ mobs to get decent exp, rather than a few 20+ exp. And it /can/, but sometimes circumstances happen when I can't neccessarily keep them healed

And yes I know BMs can but they need charms too (sorry, but it ain't fun when the tank, whoever it is, dies cause the stupid bishops keep freakin interrupting my heals)

And I don't just use RB, but it /is/ nice since its about a good 20%. Its hard to just join FC squads(dunno about other servers but Sanct normally asks for lvls 85+) unless you have connections (which I don't anymore since all my friends ragequit) and I can't exactly do FBs all day (that would be fun, but normally people get their FBs done with their factions). And I don't want to just log onto PW for just dailies and two hours of grinding -.-

Then don't grind level 100+ mobs, try mobs your level (like fishies). Grinding is boring and oracles are easy for a reason. And don't complain about not getting into FC squads, because letting a lower level in is really just being nice because it means the entire squad finishes the run slower. Grind to level up, that's how almost everyone else did it, then join FC when you're 85+.
  • MaeDawn - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    asduf wrote: »
    Then don't grind level 100+ mobs, try mobs your level (like fishies). Grinding is boring and oracles are easy for a reason. And don't complain about not getting into FC squads, because letting a lower level in is really just being nice because it means the entire squad finishes the run slower. Grind to level up, that's how almost everyone else did it, then join FC when you're 85+.

Kill a mob your level and tell me how much exp you get. Not much. And yes I know grinding is boring (hence why a barb or BM is nice because AOE grinding is much faster and more fun (and yes I know you're not refering to that part of my post)) and if I really wanted enough oracles to level, I'd have to mass produce thm with tokens from anni packs (which not all of us are willing to pay that much money for)
    And, I /have/ completed FC runs at 75-82, in under 2 hours. I'm not saying its impossible to get in, I'm saying its absurdly hard. And like you stated a few sentences above, grinding's boring. And tedious. There's a huge gap between 75-85 where you can't do too much but grind, it seems more like a chore than actually playing.
  • asduf
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Kill a mob your level and tell me how much exp you get. Not much. And yes I know grinding is boring (hence why a barb or BM is nice because AOE grinding is much faster and more fun (and yes I know you're not refering to that part of my post)) and if I really wanted enough oracles to level, I'd have to mass produce thm with tokens from anni packs (which not all of us are willing to pay that much money for)
    And, I /have/ completed FC runs at 75-82, in under 2 hours. I'm not saying its impossible to get in, I'm saying its absurdly hard. And like you stated a few sentences above, grinding's boring. And tedious. There's a huge gap between 75-85 where you can't do too much but grind, it seems more like a chore than actually playing.

I do, repeatedly. (I have to kill 20 thousand fishies to level, 509xp per fishy, I also know how much exp "extra life" adds, or "weak" takes off because I've killed that many). Yes, its boring, tedious, absurdly unfun (not a word, I don't care) but you don't need a charm to do it, which is the point: you don't have to grind with a charm, you just want to complain because you won't shell out the money for a charm (same case to buy oracles). People who pay get an advantage (like charms), but you can still grind without them. (And FC runs can be done in an hourish with a 90+ squad)
  • Enel - Harshlands
    Enel - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well i got Lucy and obtained a Diamond of Tiger from the Aniversary pack... so keep them going and for 1gold they are a bargain.... unless you get something really not worth your time.
    They should be filled w/Itmes usable later in your game, maybe not current... but anywho, i think they are a great and cheap price to have in pwi.
    BTW Happy Aniversary!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    BTW Happy Aniversary!!!!

Your about 2 months too late for that one buddy. Anniversary Packs should be to celebrate the anniversary not (like some high school girls do) celebrate every monthaversary.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Ermmm Since i grind 100+ mobs aswell i know you can do it charmless, since you grind what you can handle alone ( I dont take clerics its cuts my xp in half ), In a Bm's case thats pure phys mobs.... alter marrow, stun, aoe aoe, event pot, stun , aoe rinse repeat. Now Im sure all classes have a similair combo they could use that would make grinding charmless easy.
  • Lonicera - Dreamweaver
    Lonicera - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That's illogical. If I want to know how many people in America watch "House" I won't ask all of America, I'll ask a sample size, which is the forums.

But, in the forums, negative statements get disproportionate representation over positive statements.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think its time to close this thread :) Its apparent nothing is being done to appease the angry masses, and rumor is flying all around every server that the packs are permanent.

So, tidy this up, shut it down, and shove it in the corner where no one will ever see it again, and act like it never happened.

Its clear the Devs/Sales team doesnt give a b:fatb about their player base. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That's illogical. If I want to know how many people in America watch "House" I won't ask all of America, I'll ask a sample size, which is the forums.

Yes and no, but you would not make that poll on the "House" official site either if you were trying ot see how how many people watch House, since the people that go to the site are most likely fans, which would make the results of the poll show that over 95% of the people in America watch "House".....
    In order for the network to have meaningful numbers they conduct random polls, they do not poll the fans.....
    I can gurantee you that the results of that poll, which involved "HOUSE" fans to go the "House" website and vote for it, would be different than if you were to do a random sampling poll.

The other example I gave while ago trying to explain this was:
    Do you think the results of a poll asking if people belive in god would be the same if you were to make a poll during sunday mass and another during the Atheists National Convention?
    Do you think any of the numbers you would get would be able to be used as a guide for the believes of the general population?

This is the problem with polls in the forums. They are not a random sampling poll, therefore the results are not reliable.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • asduf
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes and no, but you would not make that poll on the "House" official site either if you were trying ot see how how many people watch House, since the people that go to the site are most likely fans, which would make the results of the poll show that over 95% of the people in America watch "House".....
    In order for the network to have meaningful numbers they conduct random polls, they do not poll the fans.....
    I can gurantee you that the results of that poll, which involved "HOUSE" fans to go the "House" website and vote for it, would be different than if you were to do a random sampling poll.

The other example I gave while ago trying to explain this was:
    Do you think the results of a poll asking if people belive in god would be the same if you were to make a poll during sunday mass and another during the Atheists National Convention?
    Do you think any of the numbers you would get would be able to be used as a guide for the believes of the general population?

This is the problem with polls in the forums. They are not a random sampling poll, therefore the results are not reliable.

Oops, was I wrong in taking the polls of fans of PWI, wait then who else plays the game (the answer is nobody fyi)? And to the argument negative comments get disproportionate support, why is that true?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

The forums are the actual player base and fans of the game. The players on the forums aren't some sort of "anniversary pack hate-club" either, the majority are a mix of all sorts of players. And the general opinion of fans would typically be positive, and it's overall highly negative. What does that say?

Also, a random sampling poll would be useless. You have to ask players themselves this particular question. Asking a bunch of completely random individuals what they think of a game item in an MMO is pointless.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It is bias in a way. Most of the people on the forum are here to QQ at the anniversary packs. The ones who love em mostly visit the website only to charge zen, then go back to oracling.

ps. I has a prediction for when "______ packs" will be gone. They leave when duke nukem forever comes out. b:victory Should be any day now!
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
This discussion has been closed.