Options
    193 pages of win.
    b:bye
  • Arabic - Lost City
    Arabic - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *rolls eyes*

No, obviously it's all 100% completely accurate: even when one person is contradicting another person, both have to be 100% completely accurate because we have 192 pages of complains and infos.

k then there is no point to create a post .... It will always be contradicting ...

and I am not saying that 100 % of the info is accurate ... at least 40 % of it is accurate and it is enough
  • Incarnata - Harshlands
    Incarnata - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    and I am not saying that 100 % of the info is accurate ... at least 40 % of it is accurate and it is enough

So... if you think most of the info posted here might be wrong, I really do not think you should have laughed when I was going on about how some people have been posting inaccurate information here.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Good for you ^^!
    First of all i see you are one of those ppl who are "I want i now", nice.
    Second, lv20 could make 500k coins, but you dont want to know how many mobs you need to kill for that, my lv27 veno was feeding her genie so i can farm 100 rough fur's and oil. Yeah it takes hours and hours a day for few weeks and still only made 500k (cough almost no repairs).

Welcome to China grind fest!

Some of you dont understand the word Cash Shop. Its pay real money get something, k? Not everyone has to have a new mount/wings/fashion, and tbh you can buy a horse mount from an NPC.
    This last event was a full hit in my eyes, free fashion for a week, now that's more in a spirit of a F2P.
    And only thing i am worried is that the money they got will be spent to fix bugs and make sure that new expansion does not bring any new ones.

Now you can flame me and what ever you want, but the fact is you only cry cause you are unable to buy stuff asp now.

b:bye
    b:dirty
  • Arabic - Lost City
    Arabic - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So... if you think most of the info posted here might be wrong, I really do not think you should have laughed when I was going on about how some people have been posting inaccurate information here.

k so if we follow what u are saying ... we have to remove all the thread that asks the players for their opinion .

All the forums of all the games are the same ... most of the info are innacurate and we have to live with it .
  • Ottogi - Lost City
    Ottogi - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I saw some finger pointing, but no one except PWE is to blame for gold prices. Gold is worth what its worth. People aren't bidding 550k for gold just to **** you over. They're bidding it because that is what it is worth right now. No more blaming players for ruining the economy. It's not the high levels that are spending 50 hours a week grinding for cash. It's not the TW factions that have taken one land per week for the past year of which they have to split the winnings between 160 people. PWE is ruining the economy on their own. They have the power to change the value of gold on a whim, and they do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So you are saying they take over AH and rewrite 100k per gold in too 500k per gold?
  • Incarnata - Harshlands
    Incarnata - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    k so if we follow what u are saying ... we have to remove all the thread that asks the players for their opinion .

All the forums of all the games are the same ... most of the info are innacurate and we have to live with it .

Well... personally, I would favor being sort of tolerant of both posters and moderators. But if you think we have to remove all such threads, I do not know how I could convince you otherwise.
    Good for you ^^!
    First of all i see you are one of those ppl who are "I want i now", nice.
    Second, lv20 could make 500k coins, but you dont want to know how many mobs you need to kill for that, my lv27 veno was feeding her genie so i can farm 100 rough fur's and oil. Yeah it takes hours and hours a day for few weeks and still only made 500k (cough almost no repairs).

I think a decent level 20 should easily be able to earn between 5k and 50k per hour of grinding, depending on how well they understood drop mechanics, and depending on a few other issues (for example: you can sometimes sell stuff to other players, because they need them, and earn more money than you get selling them to NPCs).
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    Whiite - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't want to read 193 pages worth of text. Everyone is just basically repeating each other over and over again.

But why are you all STILL complaining about the Packs and Gold prices?

Firstly, you people want the Anniversary Packs, which also means the need for more Gold, thus making the prices of Gold so high.

PWI returned the Anniversary Packs because ALOT of people are buying them, thus "Popular Demand" is the right word for it. You people can't deny it. The people who actually cares to go to the forums are only a tiny fraction of the people who plays.

Then, I also don't understand why people vent their angers to the cash shoppers.

They indirectly pay PWI by buying things through the Cash Shop. This means supporting the game, to let people like you guys, continue to play.

Then, you people complain about the things inside the Anniversary Packs.

-"Cash shoppers can win the game by paying money."
    Who cares? It's their money, they can do anything with it. Like I said before, they support the game with their money. I doubt the cash shoppers will continue to pay for nothing much. This is not a charity.

-"Newbies can get money easily and buy a Pack which will get them more money."
    It all depends on luck. Why complain? You can also do the same. If you can't beat them, join them.

---

Just play the game at your own pace, don't compete if you can't. If you don't like it, leave, it's your choice.

In the end, all of this complaining and QQing is jealousy and self interest.
    It's like saying "They have those stuff, so I must have those things too!"
    after you fail to get it, you say "I can't get those things, so I must not let others get it too, or else they will get better than me."

b:bye I'm gonna get flamed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rgdgf6.png[/SIGPIC]

Sigh, lowered quality.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options

b:bye I'm gonna get flamed.

You wont, cause it's true, sadly no one here can comprehend it i guess.
    I think a decent level 20 should easily be able to earn between 5k and 50k per hour of grinding, depending on how well they understood drop mechanics, and depending on a few other issues (for example: you can sometimes sell stuff to other players, because they need them, and earn more money than you get selling them to NPCs).

Time consuming, would you not say? dq > NPC, craft mats > bank.
    Some of us cant be in kittie shops 24/7.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    only rich people go pro it will always be like this

hard work in-game dosent pay off
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You want to know where 90% of the "QQ'rs", players who want better from pwi, "greedy players", players who want a cheaper and stable economy, players who want bugs fixed, and so on..... all are right now?

They're all off playing other games and doing fun stuff. They're getting everything they want, while the rest of you are stuck here grinding 10 hours a day for a week per charm, struggling away on junk equips, flaming everyone in sight..... on a game, something designed for entertainment purpose and self-enjoyment.

The forums ARE a minority. 90% of the unhappy players have already quit and are most likely having a great time.

Remember, just because things are "usually" a certain way, doesn't mean they "should" be that way. Stop flaming the complainers and stand up for your damn selves instead of cowering away kissing pwi's feet while they rob you blind <_<
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You want to know where 90% of the "QQ'rs", players who want better from pwi, "greedy players", players who want a cheaper and stable economy, players who want bugs fixed, and so on..... all are right now?

They're all off playing other games and doing fun stuff. They're getting everything they want, while the rest of you are stuck here grinding 10 hours a day for a week per charm, struggling away on junk equips, flaming everyone in sight..... on a game, something designed for entertainment purpose and self-enjoyment.

The forums ARE a minority. 90% of the unhappy players have already quit and are most likely having a great time.

Remember, just because things are "usually" a certain way, doesn't mean they "should" be that way. Stop flaming the complainers and stand up for your damn selves instead of cowering away kissing pwi's feet while they rob you blind <_<

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You wont, cause it's true, sadly no one here can comprehend it i guess.

Time consuming, would you not say? dq > NPC, craft mats > bank.
    Some of us cant be in kittie shops 24/7.

(T.T)'
    me understand and he makes sense. (^.^)
    it's not like PWI itself is free to run.
    also me will give the same advice me has been giving all along.
    Less QQ more Pew Pew.
    If prices go up then do the logical thing and make more monies yourself!
    b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I was all ready to quit, ready to delete Perfect World completely off my computer after spending a ton of money on this game. Why didn't I? An email from a friend, asking me to play again because they missed me. Am I ever going to spend money on this game? No. I'm mostly using this as a way to stay in touch with a friend I couldn't bear to lose. I don't need to spend cash on this game, since I could grind what I want, and even then, with MAYBE the exception of an HP charm, there is absolutely nothing I need. Then why am I annoyed? Not because of Jealousy, or Greed, or anything else, but because this **** is ruining gameplay. I was watching several groups cry out for Barbs for various Rebirths, TT, FB, whatever have you, for a loooooong time. And then someone actually asked why nobody could get a barb anymore. The seemingly unanimous response was "Have you seen the price of charms?" I recently ran into several people who maxed out their inventory in a profitable FB run. Why? Because they can afford to increase their bank, or inventory, because of high prices. We know what's causing it. 2 things. Player Greed, and the Anniversary Packs. BUT, here's the ringer. Player Greed has always been around, but Anniversary Packs have not. Gold only reached as high as it is BECAUSE of the packs. Even JoJ couldn't jack it up this high. And as soon as gold started going down, the packs came back by "Popular Demand", rescrewing the economy. Given the atmosphere of the game, and the forums, and the seeming neglect by those in power, can you blame us for being upset? We're asking for fixes, and they're ignoring us, and shoving more "SPEND MONEY NAO!!!" down our throats. It started with sale after sale, and now it's reached its peak with this monstrosity.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They need to pay employees somehow lol. I can't say I blame them for making money.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I was watching several groups cry out for Barbs for various Rebirths, TT, FB, whatever have you, for a loooooong time. And then someone actually asked why nobody could get a barb anymore. The seemingly unanimous response was "Have you seen the price of charms?" I recently ran into several people who maxed out their inventory in a profitable FB run. Why? Because they can afford to increase their bank, or inventory, because of high prices. We know what's causing it. 2 things. Player Greed, and the Anniversary Packs. BUT, here's the ringer. Player Greed has always been around, but Anniversary Packs have not. Gold only reached as high as it is BECAUSE of the packs. Even JoJ couldn't jack it up this high. And as soon as gold started going down, the packs came back by "Popular Demand", rescrewing the economy. Given the atmosphere of the game, and the forums, and the seeming neglect by those in power, can you blame us for being upset? We're asking for fixes, and they're ignoring us, and shoving more "SPEND MONEY NAO!!!" down our throats. It started with sale after sale, and now it's reached its peak with this monstrosity.
    QFT.

This is the problem, people. No amount of blaming each other and no amount of misguided free-market theorizing is going to solve it. It started with PWE. It needs to end with PWE.

The sale events need to die. And that's likely just the first step to take. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    HOW STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?

Ok. Sorry for the outburst. I really love you guys, but the grinding annoyance of this is just too much. How many THOUSANDS of DOLLARS do you think this made these people?

If 10 people spent 100 dollars on these things...

This is a COMPANY. A BUSINESS. They respond to our needs. If we start buying up something they put out like MAD COWS they're gonna keep it around until it becomes less popular!

People buy it because it saves them COUNTLESS hours of farming for end game equips. I own my own tree company, which my boyfriend does all the work. I pay licenses and hire people, he tells them what to do and oversees.

I basically sit at home and put adds on the comp. I am one of the few people with both TIME and MONEY. Most people only get ONE or the OTHER.

This game is all about flexibility, their goal is to meet people's needs and desires. They want to please.

They gave us a WAY to buy CASH SHOP ITEMS with IN GAME COIN.
    WE ABUSED IT. WE PRICED IT TOO HIGH. BECAUSE WE -COULD-.
    I am one of the people that jacked up the market. I logged on after the ani pack update and threw phoenix feathers and source of force in the AH for 5k a pop. BECAUSE I KNEW I COULD. We all knew that there was going to be a spending BURST for this event. So those of us greedy enough to do it DID IT. We jacked the market up, and it ISN'T THE GMs FAULT.

I alone made nearly 100 million off of the greed of people during this event, but you know what? I blew it all. I bought a ton of **** and pretty much gave it away. Now I'm broke again. That's just how it goes. The fact is, they gave us Ani packs because we were griping about how many MONTHS it takes to craft end game equips. Now we have a faster way.

The greed of our player base is what is killing the game, NOT anything the Cash shop has done. All that is doing is supporting the cash flow of the game so they can spend more money on things like expansions, servers, and paying their workers.

If you want it to end, talk to the PLAYERS. Rally the players to lower their gold prices in the Gold Auction. The players are responsible for the upswing in gold prices. The players are the only ones that can fix it.

Although, a word to the GMs, if it DOES get WAY outta hand, you COULD put a few thousand gold in at 100k a pop. It really will boost the economy again. Keep doing that until the gold prices reduce back to 100k or so and all this griping will just -dissapear-. It may be "giving money away" but it will also bring some of your players back. Your goal IS to keep the high spenders satisfied.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sorry. I know a lot of you are saying the same thing. I just had to write down my feelings because otherwise I was gonna have to go on a killing spree. -.-

I love everyone who agrees and if you don't I understand that too. Don't hate me for needing to express my feelings. I'm just as aggrivated about all this as you guys are, but I know that I contributed to the problem, which means I also know I can contribute to the solution.

I'm just trying to figure out how to convince my rich friends to help me LOSE money on saving this game. -.- If the GMs wont put gold prices back down, I -am- trying to get people to help me do it myself.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The fact is, they gave us Ani packs because we were griping about how many MONTHS it takes to craft end game equips. Now we have a faster way.

This is part of the problem. MMO's are about achievement. Hard work, and dedication, combined with being able to form a group of people to cooperate with you to achieve said goal is the STAPLE of MMOs. Hell, I'll come right out and say that achievement is the staple of pretty much ALL GAMES. F2P, P2P, Console, or Computer Game, the goal is always the same. Complete X Goal. Where X could be a variety of things, which include, but are not limited to, "Get a high score", "Beat the game, and watch the credits" "Collect Everything" "Have fun exploring the world" and, in the case of MMOs, for most people, it's "Create the most powerful character/group of characters/guild of characters, etc." None of those should EVER be able to be obtained by tossing money at it.

Let me run a list of a few games most people are aware of, and, just for lulz, let's compare them to what happened to this game.

1. Super Mario. Put in a dollar, and the game gives you a random item. High chance to obtain a mushroom, and, if you're really lucky, you'll get 10 lives!

2. Final Fantasy. Put in a dollar, and the game gives you a random stat bonus, or item. High chance to obtain a potion, and, if you're really lucky, you'll get an item that will allow you to gain 10 levels!

3. Halo. Put in a dollar, and the game give you a random item, or ability. High chance to obtain ammo, and if you're really lucky, you can be invisible for 6 hours!

Are you getting the point here? The anniversary pack is the antithesis to what gaming is about! The cash shop was a GREAT thing. Giving players a little bit of an edge, something to make the game a little sweeter to those who supported the game, it was wonderful, and didn't affect the balance of the game that drastically at all. I was cool with that. I supported the game quite a bit over the last year. But then they went crazy with it. They started with the Palace Packs. But that wasn't too bad. The gear you got was only 3 star, and anyone with a handful of mats could make similar. I got plenty of crappy gear from those packs. 2 resists, one resist, it was okay. But when they put in gear from instances, which are GUARANTEED to be powerful, that's breaking the game. People spend time, and effort to achieve those, to have the bragging rights, and the power to come with them, only to have someone buy them for even cheaper than the previous pack allowed people to have decent/crappy gear. That's a HUGE no-no. And when it left, people were happy. Things went back to normal. There was a power shift from the packs, but life was okay. We could forgive them for that **** up. We went back along our merry ways, back to fighting, back to playing and having fun. But then... They brought them back. Supposedly due to "Popular Demand." Not content to **** up the basis of their game once, they do it again, and this time, blame the players.

The high gold prices, which yes, are partially to blame for the players, but to be honest? I don't blame them. Would you honestly sell Gold for cheap, say, the 100k it used to be, knowing the person you're selling it to could potentially end up getting something in 2 Gold, IE, 200k, which ends up giving them 10 million coins? That's a profit of 50 times what you made, because of what exists in this game. Wherein lies the problem then? The people who created such a situation in the game. Which, by no stretch of the imagination can you EVER blame the players. This game has already proven to ignore several suggestions by players in the first place, or we wouldn't have repeated this fiasco. That is why this game is no longer what it used to be, and why the players are pissed off. We're not stupid. If we were, we wouldn't be complaining about this. We'd just be blindly accepting this, like sheep. And, judging by the almost 200 pages of discussion on this? It seems like the people you think are sheep are standing up and saying more than just "Baaaaa".
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    HOW STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?

I could say the same to you -.-

This "business" is making money purely by taking full advantage of peoples addictions and greed. There is absolutely no care for their customers, or to provide the best possible gaming experience or any desire to please their players. They're simply taking full advantage of addicted players by milking them of every last penny with the lure of power.

Look around you. The entire community is thick with complaints and general dissatisfaction. Pwi is a badly run and disgustingly greedy business.
    I alone made nearly 100 million off of the greed of people during this event

That makes you pretty much greedier than any of us.... You're taking advantage more than anyone.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Seph, I have already made numerous posts about this: This thread is not a place for you to make sweeping accusations toward our staff or company. This is your only warning. If you choose not to post on topic and keep shouting "greed" then your post isn't helping anything, and it will be deleted.
  • asduf
    asduf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Its not wrong for a company to be greedy really, it's run based on profits, and the shareholders care about how much money they get back, not the players (unless players are shareholders but that's not that big of an issue). I think the more important point is how people (like cser's) are leaving the game because they are unhappy with the way that the cash shop has evolved. I think at that point it becomes a problem of not being greedy enough I suppose, because although they might gain a large amount of sales now, they lose out on potential sales they would have had had those players not left. And although some players might return for the Rising Tide expansion, a lot of them have sworn off cash shopping ever again, and many others will not return. Likewise, a lot of current players will not bring in as many new players as before because their opinion of this game has sunk, which in the end will hurt company profits. (at least in my opinion.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Isala, can you make that quote a little bigger? I can't quite see it.

Also, can you be a little more drastic? I don't think you're kicking and screaming quite enough.

Some people win the lotto in real life. They put in a dollar and get back 100 frikkin grand, sometimes a helluvalot more. If human beings had control, they'd make the price of the lotto 99 thousand dollars an entry based on the fact that you MIGHT win 100 grand.

In the meantime, their pocketing the profit from all the people that don't.

You're basically saying it's not our fault we're jealous of each other and throwing tantrums and raising prices because SOME players WIN when they gamble.

Go back to gradeschool and learn how to share. You wont live to be old if you don't learn to mind your own business, stop pointing fingers and shoulder your own responsibilities.

If anyone acted out like this in Las Vegas they'd be thrown out without a second thought. In real life you have to deal with the odds. Chances are, if you gamble, you're probably not gonna come out on top.

Yeah, other guy, I was greedy. I was greedier than a lot of people. That's damn right. But do you see the other people admitting it? Do you see other people trying to do something about it? They just want to kick and scream because they spent 100 dollars they had to **** other people out of and didn't win a stinking thing.

I didn't spend a DIME on anniversary packs. I bought the OTHER things that I knew were going to be in demand. A ton of people made in game coin off ani packs, and so were willing to pay ridiculously high prices on the other stuff. THAT'S how I made so much.

Either way, the point was NOT that MMOs AREN'T about HARD WORK, but that perfect world is TRYING to be NICE to EVERYONE. Even the people who don't have TIME to put in all that TIME it takes. Want proof?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcEZLhubmY
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I could say the same to you -.-

This "business" is making money purely by taking full advantage of peoples addictions and greed. There is absolutely no care for their customers, or to provide the best possible gaming experience or any desire to please their players. They're simply taking full advantage of addicted players by milking them of every last penny with the lure of power.

Look around you. The entire community is thick with complaints and general dissatisfaction. Pwi is a badly run and disgustingly greedy business.

That makes you pretty much greedier than any of us.... You're taking advantage more than anyone.

And can I just say, I'm ok with you being upset at me and upset at PW, but you're just like the people mad at the US Troops about the war they didn't make.

Individuals **** things up and countless have to pay dearly to set things right. It isn't my fault that the economy is in crisis, both in real life and in this game, nor is it the fault of this game's designers or marketeers, nor is it any other individual's fault.

An accumulation of bad timing happened with a lot of good intentions, and some individuals saw their opportunity and made it worse, gaining for themselves.

Now countless have to pay to make it better again. Stop griping and do something. I say if you care that much, get a 10 dollar game card and put all your gold in for 100k. If 100 people did that per server at the same time then I guarantee the market would regain a little balance.

But NO! No one wants to take the loss to make it better. They want to point their fingers and scream about how it's everyone elses fault!

I'd be more than willing to help organize a day and time for a 100k gold explosion, and donate some of MY OWN CASH to do it.

The only problem is this: It is just as likely that greedy people will buy it all and resell it at 500k again.

So please. Stop griping at me, or at the marketing people of PW, and THINK OF A SOLUTION. I came up with an idea. TRY TO DO THE SAME.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    All you people here pointing fingers at "greedy gold sellers" and others at "greedy gold buyers" are all wrong. I'll tell you why, niether of which group of players is greedy because *cough cough* Have you ever analyzed the contents of the packs?! Even in the worst case you'd come up with more money. 15tokens being the worst case can buy you a Flawless Citrine which at -old value- was ~800k each and still have 1 token left over.

So realistically it's because the pack was put into the cash shop for too cheap of a price, shoving gold prices higher and making everything else in the cash shop not worth buying.

If pwi had priced the packs at ~2gold each, gold would be chillin' around half the current price. It's not people being greedy, it's just what the contents inside are worth.

It disgusts me that anni packs are the only thing worth buying from the cash shop right now, because it's the only item that is actually worth the 500k+.

*edit:
    @Toykitteh putting gold up for 100k doesnt do squat, it would auto-sell to the highest Buy bidder, nor should you **** yourself over with your money when the pack contents are worth more then the 500k. (100people per server x 10$= 1000gold @ 100k each = 100mil, now consider theres already people buying 100xgold+ @ 500k each... = 50mil) all your gold will likely goto 1 rich guy who will just buy packs and quintuple his money. Then he'd be willing to spend even MORE money on the damn packs raising gold even higher.

Heck even I could afford to buy up all that gold, alone. even if it did dent the rich players big wallets out of some miracle, gold would just jump right back up because Anni packs contents are worth 500k+, Heck, I'd even go so far to guess you could still make money from 800k+ just looking at one of the token items(flawless shards)

It's the packs fault the gold is so high, period.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    All you people here pointing fingers at "greedy gold sellers" and other at "greedy gold buyers" are all wrong. I'll tell you why, niether of which group of players is greedy because *cough cough* Have you ever analyzed the contents of the packs?! Even in the worst case you'd come up with more money. 15tokens being the worst case can buy you a Flawless Citrine which at -old value- was ~800k each and still have 1 token left over.

So realistically it's because the pack was put into the cash shop for too cheap of a price, shoving gold prices higher and making everything else in the cash shop not worth buying.

If pwi had priced the packs at ~2gold each, gold would be chillin' around half the current price. It's not people being greedy, it's just what the contents inside are worth.

It disgusts me that anni packs are the only thing worth buying from the cash shop right now, because it's the only item that is actually worth the 500k+.

*edit: Toykitteh putting gold up for 100k doesnt do squat, it would auto-sell to the highest Buy bidder, nor should you **** yourself over with your money when the pack contents are worth more then the 500k. (100people per server x 10$= 1000gold @ 100k each = 100mil, now consider theres already people buying 100xgold+ @ 500k each... = 50mil) all your gold will likely goto 1 rich guy who will just buy packs and quintuple his money.

Meh. You're totally right. T_T;; I'm tryin here.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Honestly my only real concern here is for the lowbies that are young and have no cash of their own. I just want them to be able to afford their gears/fash/charms that make the game so fun. A lot of people coming in to the game are like

...damn... this was really fun... now what do I do?

Maybe instead of a 100k gold day... we could do a regular priced charms day. XD
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Only way gold is going to go down:

1. Take packs out.
    2. Raise pack price.

Alternatively:

1. Lower price of every other item in Botique to make them closer to currnet anni pack gold price.
    2. qq more on forums
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Isala, can you make that quote a little bigger? I can't quite see it.

Also, can you be a little more drastic? I don't think you're kicking and screaming quite enough.

Some people win the lotto in real life. They put in a dollar and get back 100 frikkin grand, sometimes a helluvalot more. If human beings had control, they'd make the price of the lotto 99 thousand dollars an entry based on the fact that you MIGHT win 100 grand.

In the meantime, their pocketing the profit from all the people that don't.

You're basically saying it's not our fault we're jealous of each other and throwing tantrums and raising prices because SOME players WIN when they gamble.

Go back to gradeschool and learn how to share. You wont live to be old if you don't learn to mind your own business, stop pointing fingers and shoulder your own responsibilities.

If anyone acted out like this in Las Vegas they'd be thrown out without a second thought. In real life you have to deal with the odds. Chances are, if you gamble, you're probably not gonna come out on top.

Yeah, other guy, I was greedy. I was greedier than a lot of people. That's damn right. But do you see the other people admitting it? Do you see other people trying to do something about it? They just want to kick and scream because they spent 100 dollars they had to **** other people out of and didn't win a stinking thing.

I didn't spend a DIME on anniversary packs. I bought the OTHER things that I knew were going to be in demand. A ton of people made in game coin off ani packs, and so were willing to pay ridiculously high prices on the other stuff. THAT'S how I made so much.

Either way, the point was NOT that MMOs AREN'T about HARD WORK, but that perfect world is TRYING to be NICE to EVERYONE. Even the people who don't have TIME to put in all that TIME it takes. Want proof?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcEZLhubmY

Your proof is wrong. He repeated over and over again the term "Cash Shop Items". Which means, items obtainable in the Cash Shop. This interview is older than the Anniversary Pack, and the Palace packs. So, at the point of that interview, the concept of having items that were obtainable in the GAME was not around. Although, he did mention "Catch up to another player", which was referring to Training Esotericas, not the Oracles. As for your Lotto example, the Lotto goes up the more money people put into it. People don't pay, the jackpot doesn't go up. Meaning, people do, in fact, control the Lotto.

And, honestly? Who cares who wins, and who doesn't? It's their money. My problem is with the system that allows it in the first place. People buy their way to the top. Whoopdedoo. Now what? When you have EVERYTHING, which is what people with enough money can get, what's left? Do they stick around with their uber pumped character, decked out in full +12 End Game Gear, with the Demon/Sage skills they bought, oneshotting anything besides bosses? Maybe for a little bit, and then they take their money, and go to something that actually holds their interests, and give them a challenge. There goes one more player who would have supported this game for even longer.

Not everyone of us that is complaining has a problem with the gambing scenario. It's not even much of a gamble. Even the lowest stuff in the packs, IE, the Tokens, can be sold, or used to get other items, and then sold, to get enough money to buy another pack. Buy, open, sell, buy open, sell, buy, open, **** pants. That's all you have to do. Even with the jacked up price of gold. The gold price doesn't affect anything about this stupid event. All it does is affect everything else. Tried buying a charm so you can RB? Tried buying GS's so you can go have some PK fun?

Players respond to what they're given. JoJ raised prices because of the simple concept of worth. Without blatently saying as much, they set it so that 30silver = 100k coins, due to the fact that JoJ would take an Angel, which was 30 silver, or 100k coins. Players saw this, and raised the average of gold to suit. People are actually being LESS greedy than they could be with this. Two packs is all it takes with enough luck to obtain 10 million. Meaning, you could technically say that each gold is worth 5 million each. The fact that it's not is a nod to the fact that despite people wanting to make a profit, they realize where the point of sheer greed lies.
This discussion has been closed.