Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Dratini - Lost City
    Dratini - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    but If Noone Uses The Cash Shop How Will All The High End Wallets Be Any Good

Exactry

Devs Greed
    Players Lose
  • rampatrabbit
    rampatrabbit Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    anni packs have been nerfed
    evidence:
    over this weekend i have opened over 300 anni packs
    what did i get 4 best luck tokens 2 plat charms and an aero delight
    all which i sold to buy more anni packs to get erm you guessed it tokens
    i know have 7k tokens b:cry
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Exactry

Devs Greed
    Players Lose

Do you really think that the devs have a say on this? May I ask you if you ever worked for a company? The devs just program the content.. the decisions are not made by them... This is like saying the telephone repair guys are greedy because the phone company wants to charge more for your calls....
    anni packs have been nerfed
    evidence:
    over this weekend i have opened over 300 anni packs
    what did i get 4 best luck tokens 2 plat charms and an aero delight
    all which i sold to buy more anni packs to get erm you guessed it tokens
    i know have 7k tokens b:cry

The ratios are the same... you actualy got more than you should have gotten based on the "drop" rates. We are talking less than 1% for pretty much anything worth getting.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I am glad you did not introduce yet another gold lunar *impossible to be farmed at the moment* or highest grade *impossible to make* shard into this game. I sure hope they've been nerfed.

With 7k tokens, you're still pretty much set with as many shards, ulti subs, mp/hp [you could go charmless for a loooooong time], exp through oracles, molds through mysterious chips, as you want.

If all you care about is the money you can still make quite a decent amount. 20k per token x 7000 = 140 mil I believe. That buys you any *oh so powerful* endgame gear of your choice, maybe two or 3.

Why the complaints?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Like i said, anni packs should stay tbh =P
    Reason why? I am not gonna tell, if you peeps didnt notice the benefits your own fail.
    No i am not a CS user =P

>>flame me hate me, i dont care b:bye<<
    b:dirty
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Benefits. Let's list them off, then...

Driving up Gold Prices (or, if you want to blame the players, then, it's the incentive to drive up gold prices)
    Major Inflation in Everything (I got my mount for 500k. It sells now for 1.5 mil+. Herbs used to sell for 500/each. I find them for 1k+/each.)
    Endgame Gear for a Few $$
    Endgame/Impossible to Get Shards
    Tokens Can Pretty Much Buy you Everything

Benefits? Guess I fail. Maybe enlighten us instead of posting "I want them, but, nyahnyah I won't tellll you why!"
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cheap subs
    Cheap Flawless Shards
    MP & HP food (can be better than a charm in some cases)

etc etc etc
  • Dratini - Lost City
    Dratini - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Do you really think that the devs have a say on this? May I ask you if you ever worked for a company? The devs just program the content.. the decisions are not made by them... This is like saying the telephone repair guys are greedy because the phone company wants to charge more for your calls....

OKOKOKOK
    i said dev instead of company
    it does not really matter
    U GOT THE POINT
    WHICH IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT!
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Cheap subs
    Cheap Flawless Shards
    MP & HP food (can be better than a charm in some cases)

etc etc etc

I don't find that enough to really matter. Considering everything other than those things has (and isn't the HP/MP food 75+? Even on my Cleric, at level 50, MP pots aren't keeping up with her-- she needs apoth or charms. Which, have, of course...) gone up in price. I highly doubt your flawless shards can compete with a wizzie with -40~% casting and a lunar glade weapon.

They had so many other things they could have put into the packs. Unreleased Fashion. Aerogear. Charms. Mounts. Pretty much everything that's in the CS could be put into a pack.

But they pretty much trampled over that and made it so that not only do CSers get the vanity and a bit of game advantage-- they can also get what some have worked months for to get-- and even some shards that are impossible to even make in the game.

~Free to Play, Pay to Win
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    benefits. Let's List Them Off, Then...

Driving Up Gold Prices (or, If You Want To Blame The Players, Then, It's The Incentive To Drive Up Gold Prices)
    Major Inflation In Everything (i Got My Mount For 500k. It Sells Now For 1.5 Mil+. Herbs Used To Sell For 500/each. I Find Them For 1k+/each.)-wee I See A Idiot Who Buys Gold For High Prices
    Endgame Gear For A Few $$-idiot Is Still A Idiot
    Endgame/impossible To Get Shards-idiot
    Tokens Can Pretty Much Buy You Everything-idiot

Benefits? Guess I Fail. Maybe Enlighten Us Instead Of Posting "i Want Them, But, Nyahnyah I Won't Tellll You Why!"-idiot
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    benefits. Let's List Them Off, Then...

Driving Up Gold Prices (or, If You Want To Blame The Players, Then, It's The Incentive To Drive Up Gold Prices)
    Major Inflation In Everything (i Got My Mount For 500k. It Sells Now For 1.5 Mil+. Herbs Used To Sell For 500/each. I Find Them For 1k+/each.)-wee I See A Idiot Who Buys Gold For High Prices
    Endgame Gear For A Few $$-idiot Is Still A Idiot
    Endgame/impossible To Get Shards-idiot
    Tokens Can Pretty Much Buy You Everything-idiot

Benefits? Guess I Fail. Maybe Enlighten Us Instead Of Posting "i Want Them, But, Nyahnyah I Won't Tellll You Why!"-idiot

1) I don't buy gold. Can't afford to.
    2) Yeah, if you get lucky, high level gear.
    3) I don't see how stating the obvious makes me an idiot
    4) Once again... I don't see how stating the obvious makes me an idiot.
    5) Tell me how I'm wrong, and maybe I'll actually admit someone's right. Just repeating Idiot over and over again isn't really... smart.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1) I don't buy gold. Can't afford to.
    2) Yeah, if you get lucky, high level gear.
    3) I don't see how stating the obvious makes me an idiot
    4) Once again... I don't see how stating the obvious makes me an idiot.
    5) Tell me how I'm wrong, and maybe I'll actually admit someone's right. Just repeating Idiot over and over again isn't really... smart.

Me don't understand Idiot's@_@
    Those are your opinions so don't run your mouth!!!
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Me don't understand Idiot's@_@

...oh, I actually thought you were doing something other than trolling. Actually thought you had some reasons. My bad. Sorry. b:cute

There anything wrong with me sharing my opinions? You share yours.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Benefits. Let's list them off, then...

Driving up Gold Prices (or, if you want to blame the players, then, it's the incentive to drive up gold prices)
    Major Inflation in Everything (I got my mount for 500k. It sells now for 1.5 mil+. Herbs used to sell for 500/each. I find them for 1k+/each.)
    Endgame Gear for a Few $$
    Endgame/Impossible to Get Shards
    Tokens Can Pretty Much Buy you Everything

Benefits? Guess I fail. Maybe enlighten us instead of posting "I want them, but, nyahnyah I won't tellll you why!"

Unless you have an 85+ char (Im not assuming you havent, cant base anything on what avi you using) who PvP's on a regular basis, then apart from the high gold prices, the rest doesnt effect you.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ...oh, I actually thought you were doing something other than trolling. Actually thought you had some reasons. My bad. Sorry. b:cute

There anything wrong with me sharing my opinions? You share yours.

Anni packs are annoying, But they do have benefits like to getting to rank 8 and for subs and hp and mp herbs and supply stash but req 2 perfect hammers and other stuff.
    I personally bought about 10 I would say, I got 1 best of luck token and the rest tokens of luck the tokens of luck is what I wanted in the first place- I only opened 3 packs and sold the rest for 500k- That's a benefit as well.
    Plus most of last month and this month I haven't been on because I got a 4inch gash in my arm healed up now though and I have been moving so they don't affect me at all.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Unless you have an 85+ char (Im not assuming you havent, cant base anything on what avi you using) who PvP's on a regular basis, then apart from the high gold prices, the rest doesnt effect you.

It doesn't really affect me (you're right about the char-- my top level is 6x). But I can still think it's a bit unfair what PWE is doing. *shrugs* And I don't really understand those people that like the anni packs-- where's the actual sense of achievement now?

Thanks for actually not basing anything on my avvie, though. b:thanks

@Dustinmurphy-- you're one that has bought the packs. I don't expect you not to like them/think they have benefits. And most of the benefits you listed were personal ones. How about the level 50 that now has to buy their first hammer for 2 mil? The rich get richer and the poor get poorer~

And yeah, I'm not saying they don't have benefits at all-- I'm just saying PWI would be better without them. The drawbacks outweigh the benefits.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @Dustinmurphy-- you're one that has bought the packs. I don't expect you not to like them. And most of the benefits you listed were personal ones. How about the level 50 that now has to buy their first hammer for 2 mil? The rich get richer and the poor get poorer~

And yeah, I'm not saying they don't have benefits at all-- I'm just saying PWI would be better without them. The drawbacks outweigh the benefits.

personal...maybe idk I only bought oracles with the tokens and then sold them for profitb:victory
    You don't gotta but a hammer at lvl 50 you can wait because to be honest level 55, 60, 65, supply stash that you open isn't worth it.
    Rich get richer in a game but poorer in real life, so the poor win.

For the rest no comment I couldn't think of anything to type back lol.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't find that enough to really matter. Considering everything other than those things has (and isn't the HP/MP food 75+? Even on my Cleric, at level 50, MP pots aren't keeping up with her-- she needs apoth or charms. Which, have, of course...) gone up in price. I highly doubt your flawless shards can compete with a wizzie with -40~% casting and a lunar glade weapon.

They had so many other things they could have put into the packs. Unreleased Fashion. Aerogear. Charms. Mounts. Pretty much everything that's in the CS could be put into a pack.

But they pretty much trampled over that and made it so that not only do CSers get the vanity and a bit of game advantage-- they can also get what some have worked months for to get-- and even some shards that are impossible to even make in the game.

~Free to Play, Pay to Win

Not saying that the end gear is just, but think of it as a bonus. You can always buy it right? Tell me how many months would you need to make it out of your own?
    And just as a side note, i have so much MP food that it will make up as 12 MP charms, guess what payed it less then 2mil. (unlike a charm i can use it when ever i want, so saving up bunch of coins that way =P)
    Oh yeah, and shards, you can now buy them for a low price.

About inflation and ect related to that, the price was going up steady before anni packs so yeah it's greed nothing else.

~F2P, pay to win? Makes me lol, ofc if someone pays for something he should have and advantage (his RL money that he proly worked hard to get).

It's still a free game (grind fest), and there is nothing to change that(except charging zen).
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    AuroraXT - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I did not read through the whole thread, but did anyone state when this current AP sale ends? Is it this week?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Probably they're referring to buying/selling for a profit and probably feel they need to keep their "discovery" a secret from competition.

People have been making small (or large, if you're dedicated) fortunes off the packs by:

1) Selling Oracles
    2) Selling Shards
    3) Selling Cookies
    4) Selling Packs
    5) Buying/selling Tokens
    6) Selling Molds
    7) Who knows what else?

Those are just the ones I'm sure are profitable, but there's certainly lots of other Pack related markets that I'm just not aware of.

But even though I'm one of those raking in the money thanks to the packs, I still admit they suck and have imbalanced the economy. I'll be happy to see them go, even though it means an end to an pretty easy gravy train.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But even though I'm one of those raking in the money thanks to the packs, I still admit they suck and have imbalanced the economy. I'll be happy to see them go, even though it means an end to an pretty easy gravy train.

Guess what, almost 100% of the imbalance comes from players willing to buy gold for 500k and more. How they got so rich to be able to pay? Well major TW factions and ect...and yeah specially now days when most are lv60+ aka more coins from mobs dqs and many more.
    Example, after server maintenance and new sale (fash, mounts) ppl with coins scream for them, going to extreme to have them, and have them in color they want on the first day of the new release, or have mounts spurred asp.
    So why not take that advantage of their greed and fuel with your own desire to get rich fast if you are a gold seller.
    Yes its greedy, but who the hell isnt? We all want every single thing asp, don't we?

Now someone mentioned herbs? Again greed and not anni packs, tbh its cheaper and better to buy tokens and make MP food then buy herbs for 3k each and go make orbs and powders. And to show how greedy they are, ill give my own personal experience.
    Herbs were 800k to max 1k each, was not hard to find, and actually they sold quiet well, my self was buying herbs weekly in large amounts.
    The sellers obviously made a large profit. Now days, shops bearly sell a thing (proved by watching the amount of herbs they have every day).
    When i try and make a offer to buy them out on reasonable price, they wont hear it, in fact price goes up steady every day lol.

Greed greed greed greed greed!!!

You can try explain it with economics, but frankly 70% of you who talk like that dont have a clue (the other 30% hands down).

Try grinding for 2 weeks and not buy any CS related item, and see gold price dropping...yeah right who the hell here will do that.
    No one, proved my point, greed <3!!
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Guess what, almost 100% of the imbalance comes from players willing to buy gold for 500k and more. How they got so rich to be able to pay? Well major TW factions and ect...and yeah specially now days when most are lv60+ aka more coins from mobs dqs and many more.
    Example, after server maintenance and new sale (fash, mounts) ppl with coins scream for them, going to extreme to have them, and have them in color they want on the first day of the new release, or have mounts spurred asp.
    So why not take that advantage of their greed and fuel with your own desire to get rich fast if you are a gold seller.
    Yes its greedy, but who the hell isnt? We all want every single thing asp, don't we?

Now someone mentioned herbs? Again greed and not anni packs, tbh its cheaper and better to buy tokens and make MP food then buy herbs for 3k each and go make orbs and powders. And to show how greedy they are, ill give my own personal experience.
    Herbs were 800k to max 1k each, was not hard to find, and actually they sold quiet well, my self was buying herbs weekly in large amounts.
    The sellers obviously made a large profit. Now days, shops bearly sell a thing (proved by watching the amount of herbs they have every day).
    When i try and make a offer to buy them out on reasonable price, they wont hear it, in fact price goes up steady every day lol.

Greed greed greed greed greed!!!

You can try explain it with economics, but frankly 70% of you who talk like that dont have a clue (the other 30% hands down).

Try grinding for 2 weeks and not buy any CS related item, and see gold price dropping...yeah right who the hell here will do that.
    No one, proved my point, greed <3!!

Doesn't everyone already know its greed thats causing the problem?

Wall-O-Texting doesn't help.

And the annipax are fueling the greed.

It doesn't help that the packs have been here for 3 months.

When they should have only been here for 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Doesn't everyone already know its greed thats causing the problem?

Wall-O-Texting doesn't help.

And the annipax are fueling the greed.

It doesn't help that the packs have been here for 3 months.

When they should have only been here for 1.

I like your posts. They say what needs to be said without posting half a page of text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Arabic - Lost City
    Arabic - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well I think this thread can be closed .... We are wasting our time by writting stuff ... We all know that all our comments will lead to nothing and the deve only care about $$.
    No need to open a post just to " show us that u care about our opinion"
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well I think this thread can be closed .... We are wasting our time by writting stuff ... We all know that all our comments will lead to nothing and the deve only care about $$.
    No need to open a post just to " show us that u care about our opinion"

You don't have to post here, but I am still reading this so please don't make things up out of anger. As I have stated numerous times in this thread, this is not a place to flame, this is a place for discussion about the packs.
  • Incarnata - Harshlands
    Incarnata - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Guess what, almost 100% of the imbalance comes from players willing to buy gold for 500k and more. How they got so rich to be able to pay?

A level 20 character can easily earn 500k coins, by grinding for a bit (and getting a few levels, perhaps) and selling dragon quest items to NPCs.

A gold will get you an anniversary pack and you can sell its contents for more than 500k coins, if you use them properly.
  • Arabic - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You don't have to post here, but I am still reading this so please don't make things up out of anger. As I have stated numerous times in this thread, this is not a place to flame, this is a place for discussion about the packs.

I never said that u were not reading them. I said that u didn't care about what ppl are posting ... nuance

And ... now u want me to discuss about the packs .... Well those packs are here only to destroy the economy of the game .... majority of the pwi players dont want them and they are still there ...
  • Incarnata - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I said that u didn't care about what ppl are posting ... nuance

I think he cares, but a lot of people are saying stuff which is inaccurate or which implies something which is inaccurate. And a lot of people are venting. And... so on...
  • Arabic - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think he cares, but a lot of people are saying stuff which is inaccurate or which implies something which is inaccurate. And a lot of people are venting. And... so on...

192 pages of complains and all the info on those pages are inaccurate ? LOOOL yea for sure
  • Incarnata - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    192 pages of complains and all the info on those pages are inaccurate ? LOOOL yea for sure

*rolls eyes*

No, obviously it's all 100% completely accurate: even when one person is contradicting another person, both have to be 100% completely accurate because we have 192 pages of complains and infos.
This discussion has been closed.