Why are Venos without Hercs considered useless?

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Sakurajd - Sanctuary
    Sakurajd - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    granted the applications of a herc do make it superior to most other pets, it certainly doesnt make a veno useless not to have one. hell, fro m1-68 i didnt have one. and i didnt really start to use it until 80. by then, though, i had enough to get a Phoenix, too. fun part is, i didnt spend a single penny of real world money to get mine^^ just lots of hard work, and grinding(without the herc mind you. Crash{Crystal Magmite} is still 79, really. i need to level him....) less useful, not useless.
    my name is SakuraJD
    do not be fooled by the name above...
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You don't get banned for off-topic. The thread gets closed because of off-topic. BTW, did you know you just went off-topic?b:chuckle

Edit: Cool, Hop. We had the same thing.
    I had cheese ^^
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Can any other pet solo HH runs? :o

...I'll come back & check later.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My Chuck Norris dog named Wilber.

But ya, no clue since everyone decided to be like the crowd. I'm sorry, most decided.

Edit: ****, how'd I get On-topic by trying to get off?
    The irony. -_-
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My Chuck Norris dog named Wilber.

But ya, no clue since everyone decided to be like the crowd. I'm sorry, most decided.

Edit: ****, how'd I get On-topic by trying to get off?
    The irony. -_-

*looks sternly at Kitten* b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Can any other pet solo HH runs? :o

...I'll come back & check later.

Maybe armored bears.
    Afterall they solo Lunar glade with ease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3FO3pdApc

:)
    edited October 2009
    Options
    *looks sternly at Kitten* b:angry

b:shocked I didn't do it! Hop did it! Lol
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:shocked I didn't do it! Hop did it! Lol

Hmmm the old " Blame the Bunny " trick aye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmmm the old " Blame the Bunny " trick aye

But bunnies are evil in-game. They shoot hadokens at you and babysit mines you want to dig.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But bunnies are evil in-game. They shoot hadokens at you and babysit mines you want to dig.

Don't go after the bunnies it is you cats that is problem.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Don't go after the bunnies it is you cats that is problem.

Who? Me?

funny-pictures-cat-is-innocent-and-hurt.jpg
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
    Michiyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hybrid here. I feel your pain. But then again, we do things so nicely in certain situations. Fox Form in LA almost gives us as much defense as a Normal Form Barb. b:chuckle Not to mention that we aren't actually taking every single hit, due to our lovely Accuracy debuffing attack, right? Now, if you're HA, you probably blow me out of the water in sheer tankability.

Also, to all posters. I understand why it's prefered, and thank you for pointing out the major differences, and why it would be considered pointless to invite a Veno sans Herc to tank. I still don't quite think it's fair, but obviously, there are huge reasons as to why it is the way it is.

Also, I've dealt with similar stories to Warrenwolf's, about people wanting to overdo the Clerics. Long before I could take Gouf with Pet heals, I discovered that as long as I was careful about how I let my charm tick, I could, in fact, take him down, with a lovely combination of Bramble Hood and Fox. Of course, nobody is going to listen to a Veno say they can tank a boss like Gouf without a pet, right? So, the Big Bad BM struts his stuff and goes in after the boss. We had no cleric, and only me and the low veno that needed the quest. Well, of course, the BM proceeds to get pwned, and starts yelling about how we need a cleric, and how he's trying to get one, and we should wait for him to get back with a cleric, on and on and on about we need this, this, this and that. Meanwhile, I've been slugging away with the other Veno, and end up taking Gouf down right as the BM gets back. I laughed. Hard.

Then, there was the Slitt incident. I figured out how Slitt works, how to destroy him without dying, to the point where I could even solo him. I head to him to do my thing, and this Veno stops me, and asks if I can help her heal her pet, a Torgrin Brave. I know immediately, it's not going to work, and I try to tell her so, well... Long story short. I'm right. Pet drops instantly, other veno scatters. I inform her "Run. I got this." And proceed to beat the ever loving **** out of Slitt. Of course, by the time I was done, the skies above my head were filled with Wizards. Not clerics, but Wizards healing me to keep me alive. We all got a laugh out of that one. Of course, what made it even better is the squad I encountered when I went to help a Barb friend. They were armed to the teeth with Clerics etc. And they all made the mistake of staying in his AoE Manadrain. I, of course, having stepped back when they told me they only had room for my friend was beside myself with glee as I watched this huge party all complain about the manadrain.

I always found it funny, that a makeshift team of Wizards and Venos were more effective than the Clerics, Barb, BM, Wizard, Archer squad that came to destroy him.

It just kinda proves that you can have the "Optimum party" and still not be anywhere near as effective as a group of random people that comes togther. It's all about strategy in this game.

this made me go yay.
    i have a wizard and im overlooked because im not a cleric, but i can heal pretty good, sure morning dew channeling takes some time but its still a heal, im pretty upset how when i play my cleric, im offered help and get answered on the spot if i need help with a fb, but with my veno, im ignored if im looking for a fb squad,
    this made me go "HAH"
    :D
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    stop necroing these posts noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Stop answering spam bots lmao b:chuckle
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Stop answering spam bots lmao b:chuckle

63 posts of the same damn thing -.-; http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=44512111
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

yea its a bot yelling at it wont help :o almost as useless as yelling at GMs
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Closed for necro. And don't worry, we'll get this taken care of ASAP... We get annoyed by things too.b:mischievous
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

b:puzzled your post is the first necro i see here...... roflmao And damn the search on here sucks wth does this thread have to do with Power Material? lmao

And i tohught this was closed for necro.... dont' look closed to me lmao b:surrender
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It WAS closed.

WTF?

Something fishy is going on. >_>

And this thread was extremely stupid when it first opened...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.