Ok, question for lv 89+ wizzies.

Options
Feiric - Harshlands
Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Wizard
No, it's not a sage/demon topic. You can relax.

I'm just wondering how long it's gonna take me to get to 89. I play around two hours/day on weekdays normally, and more on weekends.

Not asking anyone to bust out a calculator, but just how long it took you to get there after you passed the horrible 60s. Especially if you're gaming schedule is similar to mine, but all input welcome.

On the side: For you PKers out there, how's being 90+ workin out for you?
Post edited by Feiric - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if you rebirth not long
    PK 90+ isnt bad
    anymore?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    In my experience, 80-89 should be split up into two stages really.

Getting levels 80-86 should be relatively quick if you do RB Gamma, though playing 2 hours a day for weekdays probably only leaves you the weekends for this. I went from lvl's 76-86 on RB Gamma's in a couple of weeks playing considerably more hours.

86-89 Is a long process, It has taken me roughly 5 weels to get to 89 doing my dailies and occasional cube run with a couple hours grinding. (I am at 93% through lvl 88 so will hit 89 today)

In total i'd say its taken me the best part of 3 months for those level's. Though you could speed that process up considerable if you buy the oracles which should be left over from Jolly Old Jones Event/Zhen squads. Or if you can get into a good Delta Squad.

EDIT:Misread the topic thought it said 80+ Which is why i started how long it tooke me from 80-89. Essentially the earlier you can start doing RB Gamma the quicker the process will be a complete run in the mid 70's will get you about 50% of your exp to level.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if you rebirth not long
    PK 90+ isnt bad
    anymore?

He's asking for some 89+ experiences, yet you are the first to post:) How do you know pk at 90+ isnt bad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    He's asking for some 89+ experiences, yet you are the first to post:) How do you know pk at 90+ isnt bad?

thats for me to know and for you to ponder b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Delta requires 90+ with +'d hh90 gear.
    Anyyways 80-89 took me like... 1.5 - 2 months, 80-85 was dailies/trumble (didnt know about rebirth :X ) and 86-90 was serious grind at fish. 4+ mijis a day at least, all though not all interrupted (many crashes and interrupts).

Pk at 90 isn't bad, but pk at 99+ is where it's at for mages.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    80-90 took long as fk. I was so glad to be done with fishes when I hit 90. 90-99+ was ez peezy with 3rd map.

Pk at 90 isn't bad, but pk at 99+ is where it's at for mages.

+1

Heaven BIDS.. b:dirty
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    80-90 took long as fk. I was so glad to be done with fishes when I hit 90. 90-99+ was ez peezy with 3rd map.

Heaven BIDS.. b:dirty

Does the demon/sage maps really help leveling that much? Well, I can imagine it is nice to have a new place to go cause you are totally bored of the normall map. But are there mobs that are good grinding through 90's?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Zhenning is all I did 90-98, Garnet terrors outside FB99 Hell were pretty good XP at roughly 300k per hour. As far as I know (not that I really looked) is that there are no really good mobs to grind solo. All mobs in heaven/hell have a lot more HP even flying/swimming.
    The best mobs XP/HP are these but only if you're a cleric :P
    I like pie
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I'm just wondering how long it's gonna take me to get to 89. I play around two hours/day on weekdays normally, and more on weekends.

Not asking anyone to bust out a calculator, but just how long it took you to get there after you passed the horrible 60s. Especially if you're gaming schedule is similar to mine, but all input welcome.

Try the cube. That will boost your xp gain. Ask for full buffs and try your luck. I'm usually getting with about +200k in coins by finishing it and the reward xp.
    Now there are 3 dailies. Do all of them, you're gonna get quite a nice boost of XP.
    And FBs, farm the damn low lvl FBs (19-39). Don't waste too much time on the rest unless you're aiming to get rank rep.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The real answer will be on you. You have bounty hunter now so it's more xp daily. If I had to put a number on it I would say another month maybe.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Does the demon/sage maps really help leveling that much? Well, I can imagine it is nice to have a new place to go cause you are totally bored of the normall map. But are there mobs that are good grinding through 90's?

I meant 3rd map as in the 3rd past. There's this one spot that has like roughly 60 mobs all grouped together that has less than 10k hp. I was getting about 3.5-5.5% per hour depending on the amount of people that was in the zhen squad.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well honestly from 1 to 20 takes a day if you know what you're doing, another 2 days will get you 30, from there on dailies start and it's easy either way. With bounty hunter at 40+ now you can get a level a day without any effort during 40-60. 6x is pretty fun so shouldn't be hard, 7x adds WQ meaning another easy trip to high 7x. That's where rebirth and dailies can get you to 86 pretty easily... and that's where it'll slow down a lot. Leveling honestly isn't as hard as it used to be.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok first of all, U NEED 2 be heaven, there skills are INSANE. Yaya every hell wiz does it for Dark earth barrier but.....lets face it, Ur a glass cannon, Do ur job and do MAJOR amounts of damage in LITTLE time. Secondly hell wiz go for the freeze and the stun from mountain seize and I can say the CRIT MACHINE aka BID holy is just as easy/hard 2 get as Mountain seize and trust me, if u have that all will kiss ur feet, literally. Now about freezes, they are good for 2/6 classes, meaning, ur gonna get ur a** kicked by the other 4/6 so plz... go heaven, if u dont ur just another fail Mage. Secondly leveling is much better in heaven/hell. The mobs are good for grinding, espcially after 98 after u are needing some better mobs but thats another story
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok first of all, U NEED 2 be heaven, there skills are INSANE. Yaya every hell wiz does it for Dark earth barrier but.....lets face it, Ur a glass cannon, Do ur job and do MAJOR amounts of damage in LITTLE time. Secondly hell wiz go for the freeze and the stun from mountain seize and I can say the CRIT MACHINE aka BID holy is just as easy/hard 2 get as Mountain seize and trust me, if u have that all will kiss ur feet, literally. Now about freezes, they are good for 2/6 classes, meaning, ur gonna get ur a** kicked by the other 4/6 so plz... go heaven, if u dont ur just another fail Mage. Secondly leveling is much better in heaven/hell. The mobs are good for grinding, espcially after 98 after u are needing some better mobs but thats another story

MAJOR amounts of damage in LITTLE time, I guess thats why DEMON has triple spark with - channeling, + damage ON sandstorm, + damage on GUSH, -chan on glacial SNARE, - chan on pyro and Dpyro. Being SARCASTIC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well celiiaz if a person stands and fights after seeing any type of spark, they are either brave or a fool. And if u wanna get into skills that u rarely get, Divine Pyro, Pyro, Glacier Snare, Heaven Spark(700% damage and 25% reduced damage) So u can stay longer, all the Ultimate Skills, Crown of Flame(15% fire damage better then longer burn time, also good for a fire combo with Divine Pyro) Aoe Force of WIll, (better for groups) and the list goes on.
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well celiiaz if a person stands and fights after seeing any type of spark, they are either brave or a fool. And if u wanna get into skills that u rarely get, Divine Pyro, Pyro, Glacier Snare, Heaven Spark(700% damage and 25% reduced damage) So u can stay longer, all the Ultimate Skills, Crown of Flame(15% fire damage better then longer burn time, also good for a fire combo with Divine Pyro) Aoe Force of WIll, (better for groups) and the list goes on.
    you're an idiot for even mentioning crown of flames. Also, force of will aoe is almost completely useless.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Trollllllll.

But really, crown of flames?
    NO.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    you're an idiot for even mentioning crown of flames. Also, force of will aoe is almost completely useless.

Your an idiot to say force of will aoe is useless....learn your class imo!
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

YOUR ALL IDIOTS! DERAILING A TOPIC LIKE THIS!!

FYI SAGE > DEMONb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    MAJOR amounts of damage in LITTLE time, I guess thats why DEMON has triple spark with - channeling, + damage ON sandstorm, + damage on GUSH, -chan on glacial SNARE, - chan on pyro and Dpyro. Being SARCASTIC.

-chan glacial snare and Dpyro is USELESS IN DPS...becuz u can spam pyro+gush and get the max dps of a wiz

actually demon gush hit less than sage gush at laters...

Sage sutra+heaven bids is much more dangerous than demonic spark

sandstorm is out dps by sage SR/gush/phoenix, maybe pyro too later

lots of ppl dont see the major of the masterys and just jump becuz see 1 skill wiht a little more add atk like demon gush or SS, becuz when u get better weapon 5%>>>600/1200
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    -chan glacial snare and Dpyro is USELESS IN DPS...becuz u can spam pyro+gush and get the max dps of a wiz

actually demon gush hit less than sage gush at laters...

Sage sutra+heaven bids is much more dangerous than demonic spark

sandstorm is out dps by sage SR/gush/phoenix, maybe pyro too later

lots of ppl dont see the major of the masterys and just jump becuz see 1 skill wiht a little more add atk like demon gush or SS, becuz when u get better weapon 5%>>>600/1200

Im really thinking of just leaving this damned forums because of this. Demon and sage is PERSONAL PREFERENCE JUST LET ME BE DEMON. I get so TIRED of all you guys saying sage is better then demon! The're both good! Really just stop saying demon is **** sage is everything, look on the MY-EN servers how many demon wizard rock there! PLEASE! And you cant compare sage BIDS with demon spark cause demon spark is much easier to get! (you get it anyway). and sage sutra? Since when is there a sage sutra?
    Damn I wish there were more demon wizards on the forums to help me out a bit.
    Oh and yes, Im angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Im really thinking of just leaving this damned forums because of this. Demon and sage is PERSONAL PREFERENCE JUST LET ME BE DEMON. I get so TIRED of all you guys saying sage is better then demon! The're both good! Really just stop saying demon is **** sage is everything, look on the MY-EN servers how many demon wizard rock there! PLEASE! And you cant compare sage BIDS with demon spark cause demon spark is much easier to get! (you get it anyway). and sage sutra? Since when is there a sage sutra?
    Damn I wish there were more demon wizards on the forums to help me out a bit.
    Oh and yes, Im angry.
    lol don't listen to what people say, sure take some advice but follow what YOU want to do.My guild has both sage and demon wizards. Harshland also had Heavy mages in fact.Many of our archers even went sage. Its all about what you want so you don't regret your decision.
    Quit.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol don't listen to what people say, sure take some advice but follow what YOU want to do.My guild has both sage and demon wizards. Harshland also had Heavy mages in fact.Many of our archers even went sage. Its all about what you want so you don't regret your decision.

Thanks. But its not about my decision, im demon 100 % sure. Its about me getting sick of these forums and thinking of just dont post en read here, because I get so angry of these kind of posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thanks. But its not about my decision, im demon 100 % sure. Its about me getting sick of these forums and thinking of just dont post en read here, because I get so angry of these kind of posts.

Dont let him get to you. There is no point or worth argueing with him since even if you prove him misinformed/uninformed he will disregard it. The following quotes prove my point.

b:shocked

archer-2000dmg per second

mage-5000dmg per 2second

also mage's spark erupt is much strongger

and u are telling archer>wiz in dmg
    and mages can manage to heal if theres any problem, also 2mages>>2archers since undine strike help the 2b:bye
    Archers dps is better then Wizard also if you havent noticed they got this skill called Sharpened Tooth Arrow and it reduces max HP of target by 16% at lvl 10. Wizard dont have a skill to take away 16% hp of a boss that is why archers make a better dd in TT. Just make friends or have a good guild and u should never really have a problem finding a TT run that u need as a Wizard.

well, maybe that 16% make archers better on boss, but i still think wiz does more dmg and more dmg per sec, i mean wihtout count of -16% hp archer skill
    So you want to disregard a skill cause it disproves your point about wiz doing just as much/more dps?
    i just want to tell that on my personal view of the game, i always see archers killing mobs slower than me and wiht same gear/same lv

and seeing wiz become even stronger later wiht -channel/uper masterys and good refined weapons they should pwn a archer in dmg easly even if the arch have a good crit and a strog weapon

He likes comparing things that are way too different to compare on a practical scale or handicaping one and not the other like what he said when he compared sutra to demon spark lol. I lol that he said its his personal view trying to dodge what he said about the dps was fail, i didnt wanna bother anymore after that since then hes comparing archers his lvl but if its like that why bring up undine in his first post.

I like the -channeling on Glacial Snare and it's not useless cause what if you want to use it as an opener on mobs. Play how u like CeliaZ what matters is your having fun and enjoying. Me, i went sage wiz but i aint gonna say demon wasnt tempting cause it sure is, love that demon spark b:dirty.

This post was supposed to be about how long it took from 80-89 sooo....

@ OP it took me about one month and 2 weeks to go from 80-89 since i didnt do rebirth gamma except once b:surrender but i grinded like for 8 or more hours a day with xp scrolls.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Dont let him get to you. There is no point or worth argueing with him since even if you prove him misinformed/uninformed he will disregard it. The following quotes prove my point.

He likes comparing things that are way too different to compare on a practical scale or handicaping one and not the other like what he said when he compared sutra to demon spark lol. I lol that he said its his personal view trying to dodge what he said about the dps was fail, i didnt wanna bother anymore after that since then hes comparing archers his lvl but if its like that why bring up undine in his first post.

I like the -channeling on Glacial Snare and it's not useless cause what if you want to use it as an opener on mobs. Play how u like CeliaZ what matters is your having fun and enjoying. Me, i went sage wiz but i aint gonna say demon wasnt tempting cause it sure is, love that demon spark b:dirty.

@ OP it took me about one month and 2 weeks to go from 80-89 since i didnt do rebirth gamma except once b:surrender but i grinded like for 8 or more hours a day with xp scrolls.

Thank you very muchb:cute

And 8 hours per day grinding :O I could never do that, dont ever have the patience and dicipline for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options

dam that suxs...

i told that dmg was in my personal view.NOT IN TT!!!b:angry

i didnt told her to dont go demon i just told her why does the dam sage have more dps wiht the NATURAL DPS SKILLS than the demon....demon have +pdef and +freeze skills so dont come wiht bullsh_it to me...

if u dont listen/understand what i told just forget it
    -chan GS/Dpyro is almost to useless...the best demon mage i saw in korean pw has the best combo proved until now using pitfall to freeze and phoenix+guah+pyro to dps....+BT agains light/arcana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Any new player reading this thread i advise you not to take advise from most of people ppl making assumptions about sage and demon based off assumptions and typos from ecatomb.

Basically im telling the majority of you to stfu and play, especially you guys that arent even 90 yet the game no disrespect intended. You cant look at skills and say 1 is better than the other when 1 you never used it, 2 you never seen it in use, 3 you havent masterd your class yet.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    -Just wanna test if my sig works so I have to say something b:cute -

You're right we arent 90 yet so we wouldnt know. Lets just say everything I say about demon/sage is how I think it is. When ill be 89 ill let you guys know if im happy with demon:P

[edit] allright, sig doesnt work. Gotta figure out why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    -Just wanna test if my sig works so I have to say something b:cute -

You're right we arent 90 yet so we wouldnt know. Lets just say everything I say about demon/sage is how I think it is. When ill be 89 ill let you guys know if im happy with demon:P

[edit] allright, sig doesnt work. Gotta figure out why.

Test 2, very, very sorry for the useless posts.

Edit: Sigs working:D just a bit small :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Test 2, very, very sorry for the useless posts.

Edit: Sigs working:D just a bit small :(

im going sage 110% sure

ok now i can say if my sig works too b:laugh

well it works but the img is to small can any1 knows how to make it bigger?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]