Annor's Archer Basics (guide)

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lady Annor,

Do you plan on copying this guide onto the PWI Wiki for Archers? If not, may I do so?

With proper crediting, of course =)
  • michlach123
    michlach123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    great guide, thx a lot ;)
  • zambris
    zambris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Awesome Guide Thanks
  • Psychology - Sanctuary
    Psychology - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great guide dear....

Thanks for posting!

-Kevyn
  • Siesta - Lost City
    Siesta - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Very helpfull..thank u
  • girlsgonewild
    girlsgonewild Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great Guide Helped me alot Thanks
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Only the lvl 11 take aim is decent so don't bother lvling it before.
    I only use it in boss/HH for building Chi.

nah it depends.
    It the way u play.
    Thats wat my friend told me xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Its not Eion anymore its Unknown]
    Done by ForsenX
  • Stojcha - Sanctuary
    Stojcha - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Splendid guide
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I will be sure to edit this post later with questions, asuming there are any left to ask- but my jaw had hit the floor by about the 8th page.
    I am overwhelmed by the plethora of information here, and simply put, think I need to delete my 68 Archer and start over! Looking over my skills, and the information here, taking into account my playstyle, I think I might be able to re-stat[not TOO bad right now, but damage is damage] and maybe pay less attention to some skills, and more to others....

Questions to come in a bit :)
  • godofgamblers
    godofgamblers Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the wings or grace is not commented whether it should be maxed or effective at level 1? b:thanks
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the wings or grace is not commented whether it should be maxed or effective at level 1? b:thanks

Wings of Grace only has one level.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • godofgamblers
    godofgamblers Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wings of Grace only has one level.

oops...thanks again!
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hi there Olba. Good to see you're answering a lot of questions and being helpful in general.

Thought I'd like to thank you in this thread. Looks like I can turn the blind eye most of the time now. :D
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    Msmunholy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Archer Ftw

Msm
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hi there Olba. Good to see you're answering a lot of questions and being helpful in general.

Thought I'd like to thank you in this thread. Looks like I can turn the blind eye most of the time now. :D

Wow, I wonder what it is that I did that made no sense.

Oh well, a pastime is a pastime, I've been spending time posting on gaming forums for the past six years or so.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As a lot of you may have noticed I havent been actively following the thread recently as I used to, real life distractions and other such lameness.

Anyway, I've started to ease myself back into the game (It has been a little bit overwhelming surprisingly), and I expect to resume my active presence here. My apologies for the negligence!

I am glad to see that my baby (Archer Basics) has not been unloved, my thanks to you all :)

With regards to the wiki suggestion lady Elena, I'm happy for it to be posted there, thanks.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Wow, I wonder what it is that I did that made no sense.

Oh well, a pastime is a pastime, I've been spending time posting on gaming forums for the past six years or so.

Hm, maybe my wording was wrong. I meant to thank you and say that I no longer need to feel obliged to repond to everything because someone such as yourself (and a few others I have in mind) are very helpful to beginners etc.

And Annor, I think this thread will live long :D nice work!
    edited September 2009
    With regards to the wiki suggestion lady Elena, I'm happy for it to be posted there, thanks.

Actually, I got lazy and just updated the PWI Wiki for Archers with links to the forum guides =)
  • BloodScythe - Harshlands
    BloodScythe - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I liked this guide read it and it helped me out on starting the game for the first time. Also a lot of the comments were helpful too. Thx
  • Xtreme_Shady - Lost City
    Xtreme_Shady - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    cool guide....thx a lot Annor....this helped me a lot and will help from now on....
  • krt22
    krt22 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    A good detailed guide. I'm new to the game and im thinking of having an archer as a character. I'll have this guide at my hands to help me.
  • BuCi - Harshlands
    BuCi - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    usually i dont like forums but this is really helpfull. otherwise. how can i get more spirit. i always have it little. and what about genie. if i grind it i hardly go to new lvl and still i have no spirit. or maybe it is better to gring it with spirit and later when i get to higher lvl i can infuse it with exp what will be more efective?b:laugh
  • BuCi - Harshlands
    BuCi - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I will be sure to edit this post later with questions, asuming there are any left to ask- but my jaw had hit the floor by about the 8th page.
    I am overwhelmed by the plethora of information here, and simply put, think I need to delete my 68 Archer and start over! Looking over my skills, and the information here, taking into account my playstyle, I think I might be able to re-stat[not TOO bad right now, but damage is damage] and maybe pay less attention to some skills, and more to others....

Questions to come in a bit :)

well u dont have to play again. u worked hard to this lvl. just buy yourself some reset note and learn some spirit to work that thing out. it will be less time than going from the beggining.b:victory
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    usually i dont like forums but this is really helpfull. otherwise. how can i get more spirit. i always have it little. and what about genie. if i grind it i hardly go to new lvl and still i have no spirit. or maybe it is better to gring it with spirit and later when i get to higher lvl i can infuse it with exp what will be more efective?b:laugh

Spirit is limited early on but gets more and more abundant as you level. There is no shortcut in getting more spirit. That's why guides are here. They let you know which are the "recommended" skills to get. Effectively you'd end up most likely getting all of them in the future.

People may sugegst dying so you can get more spirit. But don't kid yourself by sacrificing exp to stay on lvl XX for more spirit because you end up with better gains if you actually level yourself.

As for genie, just let it level while you play. You'll find it not so useful until you run instances and or PvP. By then you'd most likely have the spirit to infuse into the genie.
  • Piccalojr - Lost City
    Piccalojr - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have a lv 25 archer and he is mainly a dex build but he also has mag and vit I still do loads of damage (1300 with take aim) and dont run out of mana as fast. I think the perfect archer should give up some damage for suviablity and mana regen or else when your grinding you will find yourself haveing to sit a lot.
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have a lv 25 archer and he is mainly a dex build but he also has mag and vit I still do loads of damage (1300 with take aim) and dont run out of mana as fast. I think the perfect archer should give up some damage for suviablity and mana regen or else when your grinding you will find yourself haveing to sit a lot.

To each his or her own. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would just like to ask about this.
    Opener1: Frost Arrow
    Opener2: Take Aim (effective only after 85 or so)
    Snare: Knockback Arrow
    Difficult opponents: Stunning Arrow / Aim Low
    If reached: Winged shell and Lightning Strike/Winged Pledge/Wingspan
    i.e. Frost Arrow -> Regular Shot -> Regular Shot -> Knockback -> Regulars to finish
    Why start off with frost arrow as you need chi for it and take aim second?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Frost Arrow's got the slow effect, which enables one to get more attacks in before having the enemy reach them; in addition, Take Aim is based on weapon damage and weapons do not get godly enough before 85ish that the difference in damage between Frost and Take Aim will be very prominent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited October 2009

She's not saying you use Take Aim as the second attack.

She's saying you can use Take Aim as an opener, after level 85 (instead of Frost Arrow).
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I usually start off with blazing arrow, qiuckshot, frost arrow and any other attacking skills.I might use take aim after quickshot.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.