Annor's Archer Basics (guide)

Options

Comments

• Shadek - Heavens Tear
    Shadek - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    nice guide lol but you do need 2 put some points in magic or you wont be able 2 preform 2 ur best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Death is peace, but how will you embrace it?
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    nice guide lol but you do need 2 put some points in magic or you wont be able 2 preform 2 ur best.

U don't need to put any points in magic, nor vitality. HP/MP charms FTW
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Archer is a class that relies heavily on its basic physical attack (as mentioned in the guide). The mana that you use should be managed appropriately... rather than stockpiling magic and hurting your damage capabilities.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • _Lucivar_ - Heavens Tear
    _Lucivar_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thank you Annor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alt character.
    Originally posted by Hojuken
    b. dislike /= hate. but glad to see you step into the fuss to make random comments about people you don't know/never met. i do believe you're from enrage? figures.
    I'm Enrage now? Since when?
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just a lil something I noticed in the guide - you mentioned that you should halt barrage at lvl 1 for PvE purposes, but an exception to this would be RB wouldn't it (where higher is better)?

Great guide btw, it's what I've been following since I was a wee lil noob. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would say yeah, probably better at level 1... but I'm not experienced with rebirth orders, so someone else could probably tell you better than I.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    RB requires BoA as high as possible.

i.e for Gamma, Level 9 is the highest you can take it for that RB bracket.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sorted then... I bow to the superior rebirthtionist* :)

*Yeah, was really winging it with the form for that word.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sorted then... I bow to the superior rebirthtionist* :)

*Yeah, was really winging it with the form for that word.

Thank you <3

but err... I have not done a single RB

>.> <.<
  • Superlative - Harshlands
    Superlative - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thanks, lovely guide!
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Legerity b:chuckle

Thanks Super, glad you liked it :)
  • Aerow_Rayne - Lost City
    Aerow_Rayne - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This most likely has already been answered, but what affect will a variation have in the long run, considering there is a limit on SP. I have been leveling 'take aim' and 'quick shot' regularly as combined with Knockback and normal is pretty much all I use. This was based upon advice from another guide. Will that prevent me from leveling up other more important skills later?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Short Version:
    Stop levelling those abilities, but I wouldnt worry

Long Version:
    There isnt a limit on SP, you get more every mob killed/quest completed, furthermore the amount of spirit gained and spent each level increases exponentially, so your previous spending won't hurt your later purchases much at all. You can get every skill eventually... so keep at it :).
  • lllllcinderllll
    lllllcinderllll Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hi, you're oviously Pro and i just started, so i was wandering, why does an archer need strength, aswell as im 46 dexterity and 27 in the rest, which sucks, so im going to buy some reset scrolls and tell me please whats better for me, pure or hybrid?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Archers need strength primarily for their armor (which requires 1 strength per level), but also for their ranged weapon (0.5str/level).

I like the conventional pure build, It's all I'd ever use for an archer, it can be tricky though, and I recommend using a HP charm if you can get your hands on one.
  • lllllcinderllll
    edited June 2009
    Options
    and what about the magic attacks the archer use? =o
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They use mana to cast, but their damage is not dependent on the magic stat... so it can easily be skipped :).
  • lllllcinderllll
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ok thank you so much one more thing, how can you survive if you dont get you vitality up, against strong monsters, your HP will still be at the same level you started at wont it?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No, both your MP and HP increase by level, as well.
  • Granito - Lost City
    Granito - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hello everyone

I'm still at the beginning of the game, but i have tried playing with a blademaster and Barbarian, but I prefer the archer, is more my style, I am changing it to become a hybrid, because I prefer a little more of life, of course, that also lose some damage.

how to evolves the ability to tailor, blackmisth, etc ...

how to make weapons and armor?, because I do the quest at level 1 for example the tailor, but then what do i need to go to the following levels?
  • Granito - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have one more question, I said that was to evolve to become hybrid, to distribute vit p 1 - 1 str p - 3 p dex, but if I do this I can not always buy the highest level of armor, which have the same strength and dexterity ...

what I do, I stop the evolution of hybrid for buy armor or i do not need?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have one more question, I said that was to evolve to become hybrid, to distribute vit p 1 - 1 str p - 3 p dex, but if I do this I can not always buy the highest level of armor, which have the same strength and dexterity ...

what I do, I stop the evolution of hybrid for buy armor or i do not need?

You should always be able to equip Light Armor of your level if your str totals your level + 4. The only exception is the Helmets.
    how to evolves the ability to tailor, blackmisth, etc ...

You need to make 10 items at the Tailor or the Blacksmith to get your level up to 100% and then see an Elder to upgrade it to the next level. Also, all of those 10 items need to be of the level that you are at.
    how to make weapons and armor?

You make them at the same merchants that you bye them from, so weapons are made at Blacksmiths and armors are made at the Tailor.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Granito - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ya, I figured wrong, you are right about the armor :D

well, and for abilities to make weapons, armor, etc.

have time to discover

thanks a lot
  • M_O_F_O - Heavens Tear
    M_O_F_O - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ANNOR!!!! Teach me to be an archer b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Gamling - Dreamweaver
    Gamling - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the guide, I alreads got this guy up to level 13 baising him on your guide, hope it helps and I dont get pwned by a Wizzy

so nowb:thanks andb:bye
  • itsgetshui
    itsgetshui Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Great guide Annor. Used it since i started in pwi and my archer keep the good stuff coming please b:pleased
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I did not read a lot bout it but I see you say phys def ornament are recommended.
    I don't understand why you recommend those, LA armor sux in both def I'd say.
    Doesn't archer are mostly here to take down those robes really fast at first?

And well both phys attack or mag attack do hit archer pretty bad, for some phys one you got a lucky miss, but well when wizz cleric or veno attack you, nothing miss and they hit really really hard.
    Phys def ornament for only bm/barb/pets seem weird for me( I just say those cause all other class can cast mag skill).
    well I see everyone say it's better to got phys def ornament, I wanna know why :Pb:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I did not read a lot bout it but I see you say phys def ornament are recommended.
    I don't understand why you recommend those, LA armor sux in both def I'd say.
    Doesn't archer are mostly here to take down those robes really fast at first?

And well both phys attack or mag attack do hit archer pretty bad, for some phys one you got a lucky miss, but well when wizz cleric or veno attack you, nothing miss and they hit really really hard.
    Phys def ornament for only bm/barb/pets seem weird for me( I just say those cause all other class can cast mag skill).
    well I see everyone say it's better to got phys def ornament, I wanna know why :Pb:surrender

Ehh it depends if your pvp is mostly PK or TW. For me, all of my kills are from TW.
    Barbs, BMs, and Archers are mostly physical attacks. Venos tend to just use their nix (physical attacks). Clerics get stuck healing cat pullers and there just aren't all that many wiz in the game. For me phys defense is the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I do both pk and tw, well can't really say I do tw with those stupid boring war we do atm, I still think if the veno attack a little it'll kick **** even harder, no way a veno can kill with only sending the nix, true that cleric mainly heal cata puller, for bm unless he is a good bm then dex based don't really fear them, barb same, and archer well can use metal skill, well you do more damage spamming metal skill with debuff on an archer.
    I rarely got a barb on me in tw, and bm, hmmm well those are close range, can easily go back a little and they get killed by other member of our guild.

I still don't know wich to use, or if it's better to have two set, guess I'll hope to see some pro in pvp come and say things;)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think it depends on how you are getting killed really and I don't think many would agree on an answer.

LA does naturally give you more mag resist but fully buffed you can get +120% physical resist with cleric and BM buffs but only +60% magic resist with cleric buffs. PVE wise phys resist is better for delta and many mobs in hell seem to be physical if you are still questing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html