Annor's Archer Basics (guide)

Options

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Annor I got a question,

Before I read this guide I lvled my skills in my own thinking. Now my Take Aim is level 6 and my knockback arrow is level 2. What should I do now ? because as far as I know there is no way to reset skills or something like that.

You're fine, don't worry.

Keeping Knockback at 1 is so that you can minimize mana usage. It's not a big deal if you leveled it at 2. Mine is at 3.

Most people level up Take Aim eventually, anyways.
  • SoulSilencer - Lost City
    SoulSilencer - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How far is max range when winged blessing is fully upgraded?
    As an archer in real life I hope its decent, because the 20m meter range is petty
    A simple slip, a single mistake, one uncontrolled thought, or the slightest sound, and you fail.

However, if you move in silence, know your powers and weaknesses, be prapared for anything, always know your surroundings, never cast a shadow, know how to wait yet be ready to jump when the time is right.

You may survive, to be a master of swift death, and a chief of all that is unseen. Never let your pride be stronger than your brain, nor let your anger be your drive, or you will fail. And most importantly remember this, a good assassin is not the one who is well known, or credited with their doings. It is the one who is unknown, and never credited for either right or wrong.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How far is max range when winged blessing is fully upgraded?
    As an archer in real life I hope its decent, because the 20m meter range is petty

Base Range: 20 Meters

Winged Blessing, Level 10: +10 Meters
    Winged Blessing, Sage: +14 Meters
    Winged Blessing, Demon: +12 Meters

Source: http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

Certain weapons can give a bonus to range. The most well-known is Windcatcher, which gives an additional +2 Meters. Most do not consider it a significant bonus to warrant using Windcatcher, given that it is on the low end in terms of damage output.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll have to go sage, 34 meters not much in real life, but I guess they have to limit the game
    A simple slip, a single mistake, one uncontrolled thought, or the slightest sound, and you fail.

However, if you move in silence, know your powers and weaknesses, be prapared for anything, always know your surroundings, never cast a shadow, know how to wait yet be ready to jump when the time is right.

You may survive, to be a master of swift death, and a chief of all that is unseen. Never let your pride be stronger than your brain, nor let your anger be your drive, or you will fail. And most importantly remember this, a good assassin is not the one who is well known, or credited with their doings. It is the one who is unknown, and never credited for either right or wrong.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll have to go sage, 34 meters not much in real life, but I guess they have to limit the game

I highly recommend that you decide your Sage / Demon cultivation upon factors beyond a difference of 2 meters of range.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have, I checked all the info on sage archer vs demon archer, but thanks for the warning! :D

• hellowutsup5
    hellowutsup5 Posts: 15
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thx for all the great info!!.
    u said the base flight speed was 5.0(not your running speed)
    so my question is what is your base running speed?
    edited April 2010
    Options
    For your current running speed, bring up your character menu. There should be a Speed field there.
  • Random - Harshlands
    Random - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    from what i see each class has its own base movement speed correct me if i am wrong
    archer 5.2
    cleric 4.8
    psychic 4.8
    assasin 5.2
    veno 5.1
    bm 5.0
    wb 4.9
    wiz 4.8

i cud be wrong u know b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oqoo
    oqoo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Is true that in Pure Build 103 str is needed, cuz of end game light armor which requirements 103 str
  • PinkArrow - Heavens Tear
    PinkArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Very useful things , thanks
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    oqoo wrote: »
    Is true that in Pure Build 103 str is needed, cuz of end game light armor which requirements 103 str

103 str is indeed the requirement for level 99 Light Armor, those usually being the TT99 Ashura's set. However, the amount comes naturally if you keep putting 1 str per level. Also, there's the issue that some items add +str, which might serve better restatted into dex. Or you might want to add more str to get to use a better helmet.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I got a huge problem with my mag
    I have 35 mag and I am lv 53, I know it's a lot for an archer. Because of that, I heavily rely on skill instead on basic atk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I got a huge problem with my mag
    I have 35 mag and I am lv 53, I know it's a lot for an archer. Because of that, I heavily rely on skill instead on basic atk.

Remake or restat it as soon as possible. That's lot of stats wasted, 30-32. That's not only 1% crit right there, but also a whole bunch of damage, especially if you ever get to the higher levels.

Also, Archers deal much, much more damage by using normal attack instead of skills. This is because we get about 2 attacks every 3 seconds. Now take a look at the cast + channeling of some of the skills:
    Frost Arrow 2.6s
    Quick Shot 1.6s
    Take Aim 3.8s
    Stunning Arrow 2.1s
    Lightning Strike 1.8s
    Thunder Shock 2.3s
    Thunderous Blast 3.3s
    Deadly Shot 3.6s

The bolded ones are skills where normal attack would get you 2 attacks, whereas the underlined ones are the ones that would get you at least 1 attack. And yes, almost everytime 2 attacks is better than 1 skill, especially since more attacks means more chance of critical hitting, which would make it 1 skill against 1-4 attacks.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • BoikoBorisov - Archosaur
    BoikoBorisov - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    can you help me pls Lv 10 am and not know what magic to lift up to help please skype o_r_n_a_m_e_n_t if I can send photos
  • Cielow - Raging Tide
    Cielow - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm currently a 55 archer with a pure build. Anybody have any idea on what level should i start taking my vit?
  • Mr_Arrow - Sanctuary
    Mr_Arrow - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I would like 2 know what skills would an archer most likely rely on in a battle (not pvp)?
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I would like 2 know what skills would an archer most likely rely on in a battle (not pvp)?

I feel that Winged Blessing and Bow Mastery qualify for "most likely rely on in a battle".

But you should really also be using Blazing Arrow, and other good pve skills include: Winged Shell or Frost Arrow, Knockback Arrow (but only level 1) and Take Aim (also level 1).

There is a thread named "Annor's Archer Basics (guide)" where somebody named Annor talks about some of these issues. (If you look for the word "enemy" in that guide you should find the relevant bits.) And, I imagine that if you searched for this post you could find it.
  • rayv0n
    rayv0n Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hey there, Annor. I just wanted to post this and thank you for taking the time to fill out this guide for new archers, or ones that haven't been playing them very long. It takes a lot of work, research and dedication to become fullfilled in filling this up. Thank you. I've been going through a few pages to see what people had to say to your guide and sure, people had their differences and opinions, but majority of them enjoyed it, so I'm going to follow it. Although, I did have a few questions.

I went over to the Weapon Progression Guide and you were talking about using 2 or 3* weapons, preferrably, from levels 1-19 then you get your Trial Crossbrow. Are you talking about weapons that are crafted? I mean, other than the weapons you get in your Supply Stash, I don't feel like crafting a bow at that level would be neccessary, do you?

And, I was reading the other archer guide and when he went into explaining things about armor, he said that buying armor from a NPC isn't worth it, but so I suppose that it's better to have crafted armor or quest armor or something like that? Do you feel the same way on this?

I'd love to have your opinions and/or suggestions. So, I hope to hear back from you soon enough! Once again, thank you for the guide!

-LucienGrey.b:victory
  • Heavendancer - Dreamweaver
    Heavendancer - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is a nice, helpfull thought out guide-- thanks
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    rayv0n wrote: »
    Hey there, Annor. I just wanted to post this and thank you for taking the time to fill out this guide for new archers, or ones that haven't been playing them very long. It takes a lot of work, research and dedication to become fullfilled in filling this up. Thank you. I've been going through a few pages to see what people had to say to your guide and sure, people had their differences and opinions, but majority of them enjoyed it, so I'm going to follow it. Although, I did have a few questions.

I went over to the Weapon Progression Guide and you were talking about using 2 or 3* weapons, preferrably, from levels 1-19 then you get your Trial Crossbrow. Are you talking about weapons that are crafted? I mean, other than the weapons you get in your Supply Stash, I don't feel like crafting a bow at that level would be neccessary, do you?

And, I was reading the other archer guide and when he went into explaining things about armor, he said that buying armor from a NPC isn't worth it, but so I suppose that it's better to have crafted armor or quest armor or something like that? Do you feel the same way on this?

I'd love to have your opinions and/or suggestions. So, I hope to hear back from you soon enough! Once again, thank you for the guide!

-LucienGrey.b:victory

For pre lvl 19 weapons the quest rewards are enough to get you through, because there are like 4 or 5 (including the supply stash) that will give you a bow to use.
    Of course you can always craft weapons to get your blacksmith skill up. ;) But it doesn't really sound like that's what you want to do.

I feel kind of the same way with armor for pre 19. Although there aren't that many quests that give you armor, I don't think it's worth it to buy from the npc, because you don't use it long enough. I'm usually able to find the armor I need from drops from mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • l2d5
    l2d5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    good post that helped me but I would like each point of vit saver as representing hp
  • DexSins - Archosaur
    DexSins - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Awesome guide! Thanks a lot!

b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarakara - Dreamweaver
    Sarakara - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well blaze arrow is good for killing BM's with melee weapons lack of their low magic defence (adds 40% damage in fire damage) :)
  • Amystinia - Archosaur
    Amystinia - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm really glad I found this post; it's been invaluable so thank you for sharing it with us!

I'm a L29 Winged Elf Archer and I have learned a couple of new skills (knockback arrow being one of them) but when I've learned them, they don't appear anywhere in any of my skill boxes for me to be able to use them. Can you tell me how to equip these new skills, please? Thank you ;)
  • MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm really glad I found this post; it's been invaluable so thank you for sharing it with us!

I'm a L29 Winged Elf Archer and I have learned a couple of new skills (knockback arrow being one of them) but when I've learned them, they don't appear anywhere in any of my skill boxes for me to be able to use them. Can you tell me how to equip these new skills, please? Thank you ;)

press r and drag the skills to a free spot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • ArtemisHades - Heavens Tear
    ArtemisHades - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nice b:pleased thanks for posting this helpful tips ^-^

Can I also ask how to put perfect stone into my wings? i've been looking for a forum about it but haven't found one ^^'
  • vivica
    vivica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im new as an archer and i want to know what kind of belts, rings, and neck armor to have. I know you say optional but what kind? protection, etheral, or elemental? is evation helpful at all?

sorry if this is a stupid question >.<

your guid is really helpful heh i actually can understand it and not get bored.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Can I also ask how to put perfect stone into my wings? i've been looking for a forum about it but haven't found one ^^'

In your inventory, drag the stones onto your wings

vivica wrote: »
    im new as an archer and i want to know what kind of belts, rings, and neck armor to have. I know you say optional but what kind? protection, etheral, or elemental? is evation helpful at all?

Below level 90, the additional bonuses on the ornaments are more important that the type. That being said, most archers avoid Evasion ornaments.

For rings, use Physical Attack rings.
  • vivica
    vivica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    thank you. so would it be better to manufacture protection necklesses or elemental? in other words do i go for physical resistants or elemental resistant