v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pwi Has Seriously Failed!!!! All These Low Lvl Noobies With Mom And Dads Credit Card Getting End Game Gears, Ya Thats F****ing Cool. I Have Had To Farm Everything I Have. Caps Are On I Am Fully Aware!

They edit out caps b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • FinalDays - Harshlands
    FinalDays - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    550k in HL atmb:chuckle
    3 millions charms FTWb:laugh
    I was honestly surprised when I started this game that they *allowed* trading coin for Gold ingame. What possible benefit could there be for them to offer this?

If money was their only object, they wouldn't have the option at all. They would tell you to wait until a cash customer bought something and sold it via catshop. You'd still be able to buy anything from the catshop, but only if some cash paying customer decided to sell one.

The free players will, and should, be at a disadvantage in this game, because they are doing nothing to financially support this company.

Unless they start placing advertising in-game, the staff and servers have to be paid for *somehow*, and the cash shop is it. The owners of this system have no reason to be particularly concerned about the coin/Gold exchange rate. Only how many real-world dollars are being spent via the website in exchange for game Gold.

I'm not saying it's not a pain, and I'm not saying I'm happy with the results. But I'm not paying a monthly fee for this game, and I'm happy for that. If I don't have $$ to spend on the website for Gold, I don't have to. Things are harder for me if I have to grind for $$, and pay ridiculous prices for charms - but it's not required.

I just want this company to make enough real-word $$ to keep the game running, and alive, so I and others can play. If these kind of sales are what it takes to keep a free game alive, it's the "price" I'm willing to pay.

RedMenace

\just my opinion
    \\let the whimpering begin
    \\\no one "owes" you a free game
    \\\\TANSTAAFL

Yes and all that was fine untill they started giving out end game gears to anybody with a big enough bank ballance.

I spend RL money on this game to but this update is off the charts of how messed up it is.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My lvl 80 in LC was now a CV bowb:cool To bad its a cleric but i had to get itb:laugh
    To bad i dont have gold in HL atm..
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • unbelieveable
    unbelieveable Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    what are GMs doing ? They r only reading or listening to the players when there are so many people complaining, thats it?

No GMs ever reply in this thread? Only a GM telling those who complain to calm down is not an explaination or isnt going to help with anything, tell the players what will you guys do??

If the answer was "nothing will be done, the event will go on and last for a month", then those people who complained could make his/her final decision to quit...
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was honestly surprised when I started this game that they *allowed* trading coin for Gold ingame. What possible benefit could there be for them to offer this?

If money was their only object, they wouldn't have the option at all. They would tell you to wait until a cash customer bought something and sold it via catshop. You'd still be able to buy anything from the catshop, but only if some cash paying customer decided to sell one.

The free players will, and should, be at a disadvantage in this game, because they are doing nothing to financially support this company.

Unless they start placing advertising in-game, the staff and servers have to be paid for *somehow*, and the cash shop is it. The owners of this system have no reason to be particularly concerned about the coin/Gold exchange rate. Only how many real-world dollars are being spent via the website in exchange for game Gold.

I'm not saying it's not a pain, and I'm not saying I'm happy with the results. But I'm not paying a monthly fee for this game, and I'm happy for that. If I don't have $$ to spend on the website for Gold, I don't have to. Things are harder for me if I have to grind for $$, and pay ridiculous prices for charms - but it's not required.

I just want this company to make enough real-word $$ to keep the game running, and alive, so I and others can play. If these kind of sales are what it takes to keep a free game alive, it's the "price" I'm willing to pay.

RedMenace

\just my opinion
    \\let the whimpering begin
    \\\no one "owes" you a free game
    \\\\TANSTAAFL

so what's the incentive of playing this game over a priv server now? the money that you pay? the fact that time you put into the game meant something? the friends that are staying? ****ing hilarious
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Roukie - Lost City
    Roukie - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009

You're right, but not quite. Many people buy Golds in the game. And when these people stop buying it, PWI will end. Because the specific group of people what I'll buy ZEN for real money will not need to buy additional Golds because nobody will buy the game ...

So the finals will be a group of people you will buy only ZEN for his use and not used to PWI...
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They won't do anything at all people.
    People buy this in insane amounts and that's why the event packs are still there and will be till people stop buying it.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    An advantage is fine giving them everything without them doing anything isnt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    Ikens - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    An advantage is fine giving them everything without them doing anything isnt

They do something for it. They spend rl money AND time to get their character to a high enough level to use those endgame gear. Even with Oracles you need to spend a lot of time in game
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    for the rewards they r getting they r doing almost nothing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009

In response to this, I'll simply quote a talented, veteran player I've known who has just recently quit with this event:

"Free to play games have an unspoken agreement between player and company and that agreement is that cash shopper will have an advantage, but there will be things that you must still work for. This is the balance and this balance no longer exists."

It's terrible to be honest, when you think about the long hours and the amount of effort some people spent trying to get the gear they truly wanted, only to have the person right next to him charge money and get it with a button click.

It's not really the game it used to be. Everything ingame can now be obtained by simplying spending lots and lots of money. HH mats? Trade in tokens for boxes of chips. Frostwalk, CV grade 13 weapons? Just buy lots of boxes, or buy it off of someone with coins you got by selling gold. 8jun? Trade tokens for wedding dyes.

This used to be a game where cooperation, skill, and dedication made the best players who they are. A game where people made memories, made friends from HH parties, CV runs, and hard work.

Not anymore.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You're right, but not quite. Many people buy Golds in the game. And when these people stop buying it, PWI will end. Because the specific group of people what I'll buy ZEN for real money will not need to buy additional Golds because nobody will buy the game ...

So the finals will be a group of people you will buy only ZEN for his use and not used to PWI...

So the answer then is to remove Gold Trading from the game.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In response to this, I'll simply quote a talented, veteran player I've known who has just recently quit with this event:

"Free to play games have an unspoken agreement between player and company and that agreement is that cash shopper will have an advantage, but there will be things that you must still work for. This is the balance and this balance no longer exists."

It's terrible to be honest, when you think about the long hours and the amount of effort some people spent trying to get the gear they truly wanted, only to have the person right next to him charge money and get it with a button click.

It's not really the game it used to be. Everything ingame can now be obtained by simplying spending lots and lots of money. HH mats? Trade in tokens for boxes of chips. Frostwalk, CV grade 13 weapons? Just buy lots of boxes, or buy it off of someone with coins you got by selling gold. 8jun? Trade tokens for wedding dyes.

This used to be a game where cooperation, skill, and dedication made the best players who they are. A game where people made memories, made friends from HH parties, CV runs, and hard work.

Not anymore.

Well Put, Well Said...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Ichigopa - Sanctuary
    Ichigopa - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    so i nearly read trough all of the posts and fully understand those who spended lots of time in farming lunar stuff and other things.
    i was planning the same now im happy i didnt.
    The thing is there will be no rollback for sure so how can you make things fair for no csers?
    Id love to see you gms exchanging the anviversary stuff for 1 mil treasure boxes.
    We could get the anniversary stuff to rbs and cube + the issue about gold staying high because of hammers would be solved!

thx for reading
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Don't give up my brothers, we can still fix it by ourselves : ===> it means revolution : we are the crowd so we have the power to boycott this event, and 10vs1 all people who has won insane gear (if you are in a pvp serv).
    Don't let the greed kill our game, the best free to play mmorpg.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Not anymore.

Whats the difference? some people farm mats to craft gears while some people just buy the gears from auction. Its happened since the beginning. 1 person spends 8 hours farming TT for mats to make lv70 armors and weapons, while the 2nd person buys their TT gears from a catshop setup by someone who farmed the mats and crafted it. Not everyone farms mats, some buy all their gears after others have made it and sold it. So what is the difference? is it really worth all the time and effort required to obtain such items? Its no different from a lv90 farming mats for TT gears compared to a lv40 buying the same gears from auction house.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Not anymore.

And those people who spend might cash to get their weps/armor/mounts will ride high for awhile, then get bored because there's no longer anything left to *do*. No more conquests, no more challenges.

Those "cheaters" will leave. Those who are in that big of a hurry to beat the rest of us will get bored and go on to the next game, and **** it as well.

I don't agree with the death-knell that everyone is applying to this game, and I don't agree with the decisions the owners/devs made with this event. But it *will* settle out.

Unless y'all panic and split tomorrow, and tank the game.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    Whats the difference? some people farm mats to craft gears while some people just buy the gears from auction. Its happened since the beginning. 1 person spends 8 hours farming TT for mats to make lv70 armors and weapons, while the 2nd person buys their TT gears from a catshop setup by someone who farmed the mats and crafted it. Not everyone farms mats, some buy all their gears after others have made it and sold it. So what is the difference? is it really worth all the time and effort required to obtain such items? Its no different from a lv90 farming mats for TT gears compared to a lv40 buying the same gears from auction house.

I'm going to assume you haven't reached endgame yet. A lot of the level 100's only kept playing and stayed active because there were must more difficult items to go for. TT90? That's a joke. Just about every 9x on my server has that.

Try looking at what you need for TT99, or Lunar Glade weapons and ornaments. It was pretty much impossible to flat out BUY the rare, gold mats unless you had a ridiculous amount of chips, or if one person on the server was willing to sell them. The Heavenrage boots? You needed over 10,000 Wraith Spirits to obtain them. You couldn't just BUY them. You had to farm ages for them, because they were just that good. Only NOW it is possible. There really isn't ANYTHING left that you can only get by hard work. It's all just money at work.
  • reallydisappointed
    reallydisappointed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok so too much time has passed for a rollback to be a viable plan of correction. Other alternatives options for fixing this fiasco PW has created:
    1.Close the servers remove the anniversary packs from cash shop
    2.Tabulate the number of anniversary packs sold on all servers since the update and servers came back online. Send each player of PW a % of that number, with the exception of those who bought them they already have theirs.

Would I like to see people get something for nothing sure why not. those with fat wallets are so why not those with the not so fat wallets after all we have all been here an put in our time why should only the wealthiest get to enjoy the anniversary.
  • silverxeno
    silverxeno Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i think icigopa is right if you make the packs a award and untradebal it would get at least some harder and would be enough for making it impossible thtough buy high lvl stuff others farm months on.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Not anymore.
    excellent. you make a difference to this community.
    Don't give up my brothers, we can still fix it by ourselves : ===> it means revolution : we are the crowd so we have the power to boycott this event, and 10vs1 all people who has won insane gear (if you are in a pvp serv).
    Don't let the greed kill our game, the best free to play mmorpg.
    I don't want to disappoint you but I'm a veteran in that subject. It's not going to work. We have neither unity nor loyalty. Thus the user agreement deprives us from talking politics or flaming new patches which are always posted/implemented by GMs. In other words, they may "sanitize" your posts, account and even IP anytime.

Propaganda is the key to their success. Media, in other words. I'm sorry I can't go any further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • MaiaElais - Lost City
    MaiaElais - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am really kind of annoyed and extrememly dissapointed that despite the mass rage, quittings and overall anger this has caused the community, the devs/owners etc haven't even realeased a statement to try to justify or even notify us of whether they are listening/care about the fanbase they still have left. I was hoping there would be a roll back or maybe bring the event to a premature end to damage limitate the destruction it has already caused.

Do the devs really fear that certain new game this much that they don't care at all about the community. I mean sure there were people that were going to leave for the new game but they seem to think that everybody will be gone when it is released (which "wasn't" the case). I'm very close to leaving depending on how the devs respond to the mess they've made and if they don't fix it then I, like many others, will be gone even though i had originally intended to stay.

Tl;dr: FIX THIS ****ING MESS AND LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY BEFORE THERE IS NOBODY LEFT.
    ~Carpe Diem~
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok so too much time has passed for a rollback to be a viable plan of correction. Other alternatives options for fixing this fiasco PW has created:
    1.Close the servers remove the anniversary packs from cash shop
    2.Tabulate the number of anniversary packs sold on all servers since the update and servers came back online. Send each player of PW a % of that number, with the exception of those who bought them they already have theirs.

Would I like to see people get something for nothing sure why not. those with fat wallets are so why not those with the not so fat wallets after all we have all been here an put in our time why should only the wealthiest get to enjoy the anniversary.

Some people have purchased and owned dozens upon dozens of gold while never spending any real life money. with anniversary packs being 1 gold to buy..its not just the wealthy "daddy's credit card holders" that benefit. Everyone who has made millions and millions by taking advantage of other people or past events are also benefitting from this. The same way they will during the next event also. I dont think a rollback is possible because what about those who didnt participate in the anniversary. what about those who were questing and levelling while the gold spenders were occupied. Is it fair to them to rollback the servers and take away all their hard earned work and long hours. I would guess not since that is what people have been complaining about. "The long hours and hardwork"
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "The long hours and hardwork"
    What you are talking about is a comparison between 32 hours and over 500 wasted farming for the same. This is incomparable and ridiculous. I, as one of the people who actually did waste a lot on this game, don't benefit from anything out of this event because the stuff I worked for can be obtained with just a click. And I saw how somebody obtained it in just 2 packs, what took me months to get.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have never seen a rollback happen. It is completely out of the question.

A premature end would be a possibility, but there would be many people upset that they didnt get to participate, because they didnt have a chance to charge ZEN at the time.

The damage is pretty much done. I was one of those who was very upset at first (and yeah, I did get some neat stuff myself), but I realized that this event just threw things way out of balance. Spoon feeding end game equipment to lazy people who dont want to work for things just is not how a game should operate.

So you have a choice here: Suck it up and keep on playing, or move on to another game.

I, personally, have a reserve of money left over in my bank, as well as sellable items. I will be running off of that, playing TW on the weekends to support my faction, and thats it. No more questing or anything. No more ZEN charging. Ive already installed a new game and am waiting patiently for it to open to the general public :)

Gotta say, this game was a real blast while it lasted though ^^ It still has some good things about it, but the negative definitely outweighs the positive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think a lot of people would be a lot happier if they just silenced duke.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't want to disappoint you but I'm a veteran in that subject. It's not going to work. We have neither unity nor loyalty. Thus the user agreement deprives us from talking politics or flaming new patches which are always posted/implemented by GMs. In other words, they may "sanitize" your posts, account and even IP anytime.

Propaganda is the key to their success. Media, in other words. I'm sorry I can't go any further.

Yep, i know my post was sarcastic, it is just that all these issues remind me this old battle between the rich and the poor, the selfishness and fairness and all that stuff...
    It is very obvious that the Devs won't change anything considering their economical's politics because of all that huge mass of money invested in.
  • reallydisappointed
    reallydisappointed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some people have purchased and owned dozens upon dozens of gold while never spending any real life money. with anniversary packs being 1 gold to buy..its not just the wealthy "daddy's credit card holders" that benefit. Everyone who has made millions and millions by taking advantage of other people or past events are also benefitting from this. The same way they will during the next event also. I dont think a rollback is possible because what about those who didnt participate in the anniversary. what about those who were questing and levelling while the gold spenders were occupied. Is it fair to them to rollback the servers and take away all their hard earned work and long hours. I would guess not since that is what people have been complaining about. "The long hours and hardwork"

Did u actually read my post....I said rollback was NOT an option at this pont
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Good morning, I see the decent discussion has not been fully eclipsed by the flamers yet. I'll be going over the posts from last night, if people were breaking rules in this thread they will be disciplined
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah jump all over that disciplining people thing. Can't have ticked off people ranting and raving about how the company you work for just stuck it in em and broke it off can you?
    Why are you even in here spoons? You have zero input as to what/how to fix this fiasco update... get some Devs in here so we can chew on their ears for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.