v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Did u actually read my post....I said rollback was NOT an option at this pont

I wasnt disagreeing with you. I quoted and added my own opinion to it. I was supporting how a rollback wouldnt seem possible.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How spoons and other GMs i dont envy u the flames have died down of course there r still the few jerks but it doesnt change the problem we have. But all i ask for is something simple. What will happen do the devs and ppl in charge admit this was a mistake and can we justs top the event now and let the damage be done b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rsin
    edited September 2009
    Options
    agamemnoch wrote: »
    Yeah jump all over that disciplining people thing. Can't have ticked off people ranting and raving about how the company you work for just stuck it in em and broke it off can you?
    Why are you even in here spoons? You have zero input as to what/how to fix this fiasco update... get some Devs in here so we can chew on their ears for awhile.

Spoons has already said recently how he has been reviewing posts, collecting feedback and compiling reports based on such feedback from the players. Insulting Gm's is not a way to get anything done. They are doing their job as they have said if you even read his statement before.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How spoons and other GMs i dont envy u the flames have died down of course there r still the few jerks but it doesnt change the problem we have. But all i ask for is something simple. What will happen do the devs and ppl in charge admit this was a mistake and can we justs top the event now and let the damage be done b:cute

Because if this was a mistake they would have admitted it 2 days ago, like the Duke Rose thing (Which was probably just their test run for this fiasco xD).

/Cynicism
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Did u actually read my post....I said rollback was NOT an option at this pont

Really now, was it ever an option... as long as ppl pay the cash it will run this way.

You can keep yer head down and continue to play or not. Since I don't PvP I won't personally see the effects of this doling out of endgame items.

I won't be spending anymore RL cash either, because the powers that be have essentially slapped me in the face, I really hate being slapped in the face.
    Will I still play? maybe for a bit more to see if it get's worse or better, but if it keeps trending this way, then no...
    I am really about the gameplay, the quests the rewards, not PvPing. But why try and earn any in-game coin if it is meaningless due to a sour economy.

I left another game cuz you had to grind for titles, not fun. I left another cuz you had to Pay for the Game AND pay to play...

I think this whole thing could have been better thought out, prior to implementation... sad really...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    let out an event for everyone to get the packs b:victory

i.e not the cash shop one.

other wise im gona be driving to the nearest target and let duke spam the **** out of WCb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Mistake to who?

Some people think it was a mistake, but this is not an uncommon event in other versions.

Keep in mind too that this is to last for 1 month. Therefore, people have time to collect coins and the like to get packs.

No one is complaining, yet, about how fast levels will rise with the 2x exp weekends all month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah jump all over that disciplining people thing. Can't have ticked off people ranting and raving about how the company you work for just stuck it in em and broke it off can you?
    Why are you even in here spoons? You have zero input as to what/how to fix this fiasco update... get some Devs in here so we can chew on their ears for awhile.
    b:shocked Really man? Rules just don't apply when you're angry? I don't think people should be exempt from rules just because they get angry, I'm not either.
    Spoons has already said recently how he has been reviewing posts, collecting feedback and compiling reports based on such feedback from the players. Insulting Gm's is not a way to get anything done. They are doing their job as they have said if you even read his statement before.
    This
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Spoons when are they gonna silence duke ><
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

No one is complaining, yet, about how fast levels will rise with the 2x exp weekends all month.

i can only imagine how many botters are going to surface ._.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    let out an event for everyone to get the packs b:victory

i.e not the cash shop one.

other wise im gona be driving to the nearest target and let duke spam the **** out of WCb:chuckle

and THIS is the reason why most people are upset. This mentality is sickening. A level 72 who has not even begun to feel the effects of grinding and practically living in TT, Frost or Lunar, to get his gear and weapon, much less sweat it out grinding for endless hours, or spending hours upon hours in Rebirth (that his predecessors learned on their own so he may do it now), can 'run to target' and buy his end game gear.

Pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Spoons when are they gonna silence duke ><

Spoonzie IS teh Duke b:shocked
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So if we kill spoons the duke will stop?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well I did the only rational thing I thought I could do. I filed a ticket against the Duke for harrassment. Its just pointless to sit back and watch it all go.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know the announcement may be annoying. But if your looking to get a certain item.....The duke is who you are paying attention too.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So if we kill spoons the duke will stop?

Just curious Dark, wouldn't that make you ban-able for making a threat against a person on the Forum?
  • unbelieveable
    unbelieveable Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So , spoon , why is GM only listening & reading the opinions ??
    Why is there no other GMs ever reply regarding this major complaint in this thread??

Have u really filed a report to the management team after so many negative opinion about this event??

If so, what will the management team do?
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    and THIS is the reason why most people are upset. This mentality is sickening. A level 72 who has not even begun to feel the effects of grinding and practically living in TT, Frost or Lunar, to get his gear and weapon, much less sweat it out grinding for endless hours, or spending hours upon hours in Rebirth (that his predecessors learned on their own so he may do it now), can 'run to target' and buy his end game gear.

Pathetic.

i really really know how you feel. but duke spam never stopped ever since the update. so what do you expect me to do? i know for a fact that the GMs are not gona be able to control this situation. i decided to be like everyone alse in this game and just ride the wave, and bleave me getting a lunar at my lvl now is dafinatly not on my mind. but ay if thats how its gona be than there is nothing i can do, and i know for a fact that im not gona quit anytime soon. and im really sorry that it had came down to this man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Nowhere near as fast as levels rose with Bounty Hunter and Rebirths? Those events already desensitized us to the insignificance of leveling.
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rsin how did I insult spoons by saying that he is effectively useless in contributing anything to the resolution of this problem? When in fact that is just the PLAIN TRUTH! He's a GM or forum moderator or whatever. He doesn't code, he doesn't set policy, he's a glorified babysitter. I don't need a babysitter. I need somebody with some accountability and authority to answer for what they've done with this update (and the last 2-3 before this one as well). And for your information... spoons is doing the same thing hes done every time another economy inflating update hit this game. He's running around telling you about how he's trying to maintain order while the community is raging. In other words... he's trying to buy time while waiting for the people that actually DO MAKE policy and code to decide whether they need to pull back some on the greed dial or should they just let us rage and keep pushing it in deeper.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well I did the only rational thing I thought I could do. I filed a ticket against the Duke for harrassment. Its just pointless to sit back and watch it all go.
    So if we ALL submit tickets to silence the Duke...

I wonder if that will work?

Ya know the biggest gripe I hear from Faction mates and others stems from the Duke calling off the spoils... like a constant reminder of what you didn't get, whether you chose to participate or not...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i can only imagine how many botters are going to surface ._.

In Droves, whole flocks of botted geese...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So if we ALL submit tickets to silence the Duke...

I wonder if that will work?

Ya know the biggest gripe I hear from Faction mates and others stems from the Duke calling off the spoils... like a constant reminder of what you didn't get, whether you chose to participate or not...

you can actually read faction chat with duke??? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • LonelyHealer - Dreamweaver
    LonelyHealer - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you can actually read faction chat with duke??? lol

Well, in Any chat i use I always see him, and i cant even shut it up
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nowhere near as fast as levels rose with Bounty Hunter and Rebirths? Those events already desensitized us to the insignificance of leveling.

Do not forget about the Oracles you can get with the Token of Luck.

And in all honesty, Rebirth does not give fantastic exp unless you are constantly completing it. Which is possible every time BUT the dang port out to 1k... -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So , spoon , why is GM only listening & reading the opinions ?? He probably isn't the ONLY person reading all this hunk of junk that people have been typing.
    Why is there no other GMs ever reply regarding this major complaint in this thread??Ever heard of behind the scene work? This could be a case of it, things happen behind scene you never know happen.

Have u really filed a report to the management team after so many negative opinion about this event?? We can only take his word for it and with the amount of SERVER space they are using just for this thread, I do believe he is turning in the information by the ear full

If so, what will the management team do?Just gonna have to wait and see what comes of it I guess, probably nothing, might be something good and sweet. Time will tell

This is just what I think personally.
  • rsin
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rsin how did I insult spoons by saying that he is effectively useless in contributing anything to the resolution of this problem? When in fact that is just the PLAIN TRUTH! He's a GM or forum moderator or whatever. He doesn't code, he doesn't set policy, he's a glorified babysitter. I don't need a babysitter. I need somebody with some accountability and authority to answer for what they've done with this update (and the last 2-3 before this one as well). And for your information... spoons is doing the same thing hes done every time another economy inflating update hit this game. He's running around telling you about how he's trying to maintain order while the community is raging. In other words... he's trying to buy time while waiting for the people that actually DO MAKE policy and code to decide whether they need to pull back some on the greed dial or should they just let us rage and keep pushing it in deeper.

You asked why is he here. He has already made a statement on that. Things dont happen overnight. Yeah alot of people are mad. yeah alot of people are complaining. yeah alot of people say they quit. But what else can a Gm with no power to code or add/change content do besides collect all the positive and negetive feedback and hand it over to developers. And how can anyone possibly say or accuse him of not doing such. You may see Gm's or mods as simple babysitters..but you dont see what goes on behind the scenes. That is something we just have to be patient about and hope it gets resolved. People quit and others replace them. Some of us are sticking in there and arent quitting anytime soon.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I might have participated if... I didn't think there would be such a big event so soon after JJ, and had not upgraded my armor and such...

Maybe a big Announcement, heck I'll even allow the Duke to make it, that in X Days, Hours, Minutes... we will be unleashing another total chaos of an event that will make the price of gold go through the roof... so save yer coins...

I would have known enough to wait to do my armor and save those coins so I could participate.

=)

EDIT: Hmm, that being said... the price of gold may never fall now as everyone won't know if there is going to be an UBER Event that week or not...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    okay rsin, one more time... the people who matter can(and most likely have) accessed all this information. They don't need spoons to tell/show them anything. spoons is here to keep you sedated. Get it? The behind the scenes stuff happens if spoons got fired YESTERDAY! Don't try to placate me. You can't. Don't try to explain things to me about how things work. You can't. If you're not directly involved with PWE on some level you know as much or less about 'how things work' than I do. The reality is we are ALL typing here for the express purpose of venting. That's what this whole thread is about. Moderating it is as important as moderating any other thread. No more no less. What matters is whether you're able to think for yourself or if you just believe what you're told. This matters even more in real life. Sitting around hoping things get better or listening to others telling you to be calm while they 'talk to people' to make things better is as effective in real life as it is in here. The only way to fix things is to find the real cause of a problem and address it directly. Any other course of action gets you exactly what you're getting here.
    Which is nothing.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

He's a GM. He's tasked with trying to get information from the userbase to give to the owners/devs to help them make *their* decisions about *THEIR* MMO.

The company will give you answers when they're damn good and ready to give you answers, and bytch-slapping spoons will not help.

Get over yourself, and wait for the next announcement, or get out of the pool. Your crying jag is not going to make anything happen any faster.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
This discussion has been closed.