v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• ghorath
    ghorath Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ^ just proof that having herc is not realy that important...

however, that dosen't mean that I don't want it...and with current gold prices, I have no hope of getting itb:surrender

Anyway...I still hate what's happening...and I still wish I could gag the Dukeb:angry

Keep the packs in the cash shop if you want to...but put a cap on gold prices then.

And your earn zen solution is useless to me...and to any out of USA gamer around...

I apreciate the effort thought...I know it's hardb:bye[/QUOTE]

That screenshot proves nothing but a veno can heal its pet vs normal mobs. What do you gain by taking on normal mobs 30 levels higher by spam healing your pet? The answer is nothing. Hercs allow venos to solo almost anything, i know venos with hercs making millions a day by soloing TT squad modes. Do that with your magmite pet and I will be impressed.
  • gyurunkwaze
    gyurunkwaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dear GMs!

I sent ticket to pass the anniversary mount to my other character (what in the SAME ACCAUNT and SAME SERVER) but this not happened!

how long i must wait?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have already stated that it is a fact that every single item from the box is not a game-breaking item, this is why I am requesting specifics, and not general "kill them all!" responses.

-cough- bull -cough-

i'm sorry spoony, but the warsoul weaps are game-breakers

☆☆Tyreseus Power <--- link! clicky clicky =D

+50 attack level = +50% damage
    min/max damage = 955-1773

when equipped to full-int mage of level 80 (56 str, 349 mag)
    magic atk = 4647-8320

put +50% damage on that:

6970-12480

and that range is without ANY other equipment/buffs/etc...

add cleric +70% mag atk buff:

11849-21216

wizard elemental mastery (plus 20%):

14218-25459

now put a 75% reduction (assuming that's the % on the pvp reduction):

3554-6364

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!

(i've simply placed the boosts, no idea what the actual order is, but obviously this has the smallest gains)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No, that isn't speculation. Its good business sense. TINSTAFL (There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch) is the first thing you learn in Economics (On the first day). They aren't being nice, and aren't pretending to care for no reason, they do it because good PR is profitable. Please, don't be naive D:.

Its the most basic rule of business.

Yet at the same time they opened up the Free Zen offers?

PWI loses money on those offers if people just sign-up and cancel for the Free Zen.

People need to think and look at the entire picture before calling others "naive."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dear GMs!

I sent ticket to pass the anniversary mount to my other character (what in the SAME ACCAUNT and SAME SERVER) but this not happened!

how long i must wait?

we have a lot of tickets to answer, please sit tight and we'll answer yours as soon as we can. Make sure not to submit another ticket because that will bump your e-mail to the bottom of our list b:victory
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sucks that this event is here for a month
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Falon - Lost City
    Falon - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I haven't read anyone else's posts about it, because...there's entirely too many and I don't feel like spending an hour or two reading them all.

The only thing I have to say is, more people I know are quitting.
    The ones who weren't leaving for **** and were going to stay on PWI, have pretty much said '**** it' now because of this new event.

Why?
    They've spent weeks farming for coins/items that now everyone's gotten in what, one day? And, they're so right to want to quit. Way to make it so everyone has to cash shop to be able to keep up with the 'strongest' players.

*I know that a lot of great players don't CS, and most of those people that DO heavily cash shop, aren't necessarily the strongest. It's just a point that needs to be made. There's no way normal players are going to be able to compete with g.11 shards. I struggled to make my g.8's.

Another note, red text sucks.
    Can something be done like with the Halloween even to only announce the people who get the mount/whatever else, instead of eeeeeeeeverything?

I apologize if anyone has made some of these points before.
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok, i ve been reading this topic since the beginning, I already made my decision, but still cant stop thinking about a solution.

After wasting much of my brains on it, i finally thought of something non miraculous (like a rollback) but still hard to happen... but if it ever happened, you people would get back my respect... and it would also solve this problem.

1 - open new servers - 2-4, doenst matter. new pvp and pve servers.

2 allow people to tranfer their accounts to these new servers using the data from BEFORE the event started. I guess u must have some back up of it. Needless to say these servers would not participate in this event.

That way people who wanted to keep on with their lvl 95 gold bought stuff could remain in the old servers, and we, who just want to grind our way to the top, can just go to a server without them ( a gold cap on these new servers would be good too).

Whats people thoughts on this?
    edited September 2009
    Everyone would head to the new servers though..and it would be the exact same unless people roll new characters

countdown untill event is over
    http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=10&day=1&year=2009&hour=1&min=00&sec=00&p0=250
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    -cough- bull -cough-

Please read what you quoted. He never said there are NO game breaking items in there, only that not EVERY item in there is game breaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Please read what you quoted. He never said there are NO game breaking items in there, only that not EVERY item in there is game breaking.
    I have already stated that it is a fact that every single item from the box is not a game-breaking item, this is why I am requesting specifics, and not general "kill them all!" responses.

learn to read and absorb, not just skim over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    -cough- bull -cough-

i'm sorry spoony, but the warsoul weaps are game-breakers

☆☆Tyreseus Power <--- link! clicky clicky =D

+50 attack level = +50% damage
    min/max damage = 955-1773

when equipped to full-int mage of level 80 (56 str, 349 mag)
    magic atk = 4647-8320

put +50% damage on that:

6970-12480

and that range is without ANY other equipment/buffs/etc...

add cleric +70% mag atk buff:

11849-21216

wizard elemental mastery (plus 20%):

14218-25459

now put a 75% reduction (assuming that's the % on the pvp reduction):

3554-6364

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!

(i've simply placed the boosts, no idea what the actual order is, but obviously this has the smallest gains)

Dont forget people will have 24 of those 20 vit and -6% channeling shards stuck into their gear or those 20 vit 20% crit for a total of 480 vit with 48% crit or 480 vit and -144% channeling thats just for armor i didnt add weapon b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    learn to read and absorb, not just skim over

Heed your own advice. I read it correctly, you only apparently read what you highlighted. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i thought it was crit if added to wep and vit if added to armor?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok, i ve been reading this topic since the beginning, I already made my decision, but still cant stop thinking about a solution.

After wasting much of my brains on it, i finally thought of something non miraculous (like a rollback) but still hard to happen... but if it ever happened, you people would get back my respect... and it would also solve this problem.

2 allow people to tranfer their accounts to these new servers using the data from BEFORE the event started. I guess u must have some back up of it. Needless to say these servers would not participate in this event.

That way people who wanted to keep on with their lvl 95 gold bought stuff could remain in the old servers, and we, who just want to grind our way to the top, can just go to a server without them ( a gold cap on these new servers would be good too).

sorry but u are dreaming imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yet at the same time they opened up the Free Zen offers?

PWI loses money on those offers if people just sign-up and cancel for the Free Zen.

People need to think and look at the entire picture before calling others "naive."

LOL, I'm gonna get banned if I keep talking about those :3, just read the fine print.

You are right I shouldn't have called anyone naive, it is just that I don't know what can I do to prove to you that it is the first thing in all of the most basic Economics textbooks that all the developers and people who run this company have read. Whether they believe it or not is irrelevant, because if you run your company any other way, you stand to lose profit, and stand to lose your business to more fit competition.

Wiki is the best I can do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TANSTAAFL

"indicates an acknowledgment that in reality a person or a society cannot get "something for nothing". Even if something appears to be free, there is always a cost to the person or to society as a whole even though that cost may be hidden or distributed."
  • Mala_Curica - Lost City
    Mala_Curica - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Keep in mind too that this is to last for 1 month. Therefore, people have time to collect coins and the like to get packs.

No one is complaining, yet, about how fast levels will rise with the 2x exp weekends all month.

well no1 is complaining because everyone gonna have 2x exp not just csers b:victory
    we do have time to get coins,but what are options ur gonna get lunar weapons or something which is really good out of 1 pack? u gonna have to grind much more to get it,probably this event gonna finish b4 u get something like that,some people just cant use theirs credit cards cuz of different reasons..
    atleast they should have make mobs drop more dq items or something so we get opportunity to buy gold in game too b4 all this ends b:surrender
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've just logged in for the first time after the patch.

I got a free mount and it looks more "pro" than a hellhound without paying a penny. I think this is very unfair to every cash shop player who bought any mount especially considering its speed (lvl1) is 10m/s. Players paid up to 50 gold for a hell hound which is quite a similar mount and many others paid over 25m for the limited event lion mount. I'm a free player and had only 1 mount so far (which I sold to make coins for skills) so the gift is welcome but I can't be a hypocrite and say it's just right. The gift made most of the mount cash shopping pointless. That's bad to PW players and company at the same time. Perhaps a slower permanent mount (6m/s?) or a timed one (1 month?) would be best to everyone.

Concerning the boxes, I have enough coins to buy... only 1 though. I could use my RL credit card to buy some but I will not. Even then I'm not purchasing a single box. why? isn't its value excellent and affordable? YES it is! It's a must to every single player! The problem is that its awesome and ultra rare material drops, lvl14 items and highest level gems (though the % chance is not 100%) make high level instance hunting obsolete and also make gem purchases in-game pointless. It's not only easier than labouring in game but cheaper to acquire these boxes instead!!! To my flawed maths it would cost >100 million coins to make 1 single gem like those through in-game merchant gems. Rebirth Order hunting is still new to the servers. Only recently tome manufacturing got "popular" being the lowest grade tomes still worth >1m coins. I've only seen 1 lvl5 tome so far which belongs to Obssessed and event introduces lvl6 tomes which cannot be manufactured in-game. That was just too early to introduce these tomes to the game.

----

what I see is that PW tried to make the greatest event ever to draw total attention from players so they wouldn't try that other title about to be released. maybe some players leave, indeed... but is that the end of the world? will all players just flee? would that be the end to PW? I doubt so. I frankly doubt it would make any active player leave. New MMORPGs just pop up every month so would that be reasonable to explain such despair from PWE? I cannot explain... The only thing I could explain for hours is that the event had opposite effect over PWI, making several players angry and leading some who were still loyal to consider trying something else. I'm one of these though I'm not interested in that game about to be released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited September 2009
    i thought it was crit if added to wep and vit if added to armor?

Eh..even if it is its still alot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Poison wins this round, what my statement meant was that every item in the box isn't necessarily game breaking, which is why I asked people to tell me about the ones that they feel were. Makeup Scrolls, for example, are not the subject of the box controversy. Sorry if I was not more clear but that's what I meant b:victory
  • ghorath
    edited September 2009
    If a business is out to make quick profit in exchange for customer support, where does that leave the business in the future? Untrusted, failing and regretful, seems to be a mmorpg trend.
  • ChrisOwnzU - Dreamweaver
    ChrisOwnzU - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But if you all quit like me you wouldnt have to listen to PWI's bull.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Sorry if I was not more clear but that's what I meant b:victory

Given what you've had to put up with the past couple days, I can understand the hasted posting. I hate days when everything's broken and everyone is yelling at me to fix it, so thanks for doing what you can, some of us do appreciate the work the mods and GM's are having to put in because of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    meh, pointless to continue... w/e, this new event has killed the game regardless. unless servers are rolled back, the damage has run too deep for any comeback to be made. and we all know the servers wont be rolled back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ghorath
    edited September 2009

After watching blizzards new expansion video, I may be on that band wagon.
  • unbelieveable
    unbelieveable Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Good idea , but it would only happen in our dreams b:pleasedb:pleased
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Why are you still reading the bull if you quit?
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • ChrisOwnzU - Dreamweaver
    ChrisOwnzU - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Poison wins this round, what my statement meant was that every item in the box isn't necessarily game breaking, which is why I asked people to tell me about the ones that they feel were. Makeup Scrolls, for example, are not the subject of the box controversy. Sorry if I was not more clear but that's what I meant b:victory
    Why are you still reading the bull if you quit?

To tell others not to listen to itb:victory
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just close this thread already...Nothing is going to come from it...Nothing's going to change...Just getting the few people who haven't quit, or those who are denial that PWI caress, hopes up.

It's to late for anything to happen...And before you say your data gathering, or gathering opinions, if 141 pages isn't enough. Nothing will be.

/Quit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LOL, I'm gonna get banned if I keep talking about those :3, just read the fine print.

You are right I shouldn't have called anyone naive, it is just that I don't know what can I do to prove to you that it is the first thing in all of the most basic Economics textbooks that all the developers and people who run this company have read. Whether they believe it or not is irrelevant, because if you run your company any other way, you stand to lose profit, and stand to lose your business to more fit competition.

Wiki is the best I can do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TANSTAAFL

"indicates an acknowledgment that in reality a person or a society cannot get "something for nothing". Even if something appears to be free, there is always a cost to the person or to society as a whole even though that cost may be hidden or distributed."

Think of it like this:

You will ALWAYS be paying for something. In NO way is this game really F2P. Why?

Cable bill, Electricity bill, food/drinks, Headset/Microphone...should I go on?

I never argued about TANSTAAFL because NOTHING in this world is really "free" in the sense people think it is.

However, if you want to look at the "rules of buisness," (as stated in your previous reply), here is the thing:

Look at the Business Model. All of these things apply and depending how you look at it, they can apply positively or negatively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.