v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    agamemnoch wrote: »
    rsin how did I insult spoons by saying that he is effectively useless in contributing anything to the resolution of this problem? When in fact that is just the PLAIN TRUTH! He's a GM or forum moderator or whatever.

Calling someone effectively useless in contributing to resolution of problems. Its insulting because you claim its the "PLAIN TRUTH" when you cant possibly be sure of that. What do you think collecting feedback and filing reports is doing if that isnt effectively contributing to resolutions of problem.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well I guess while we're on the topic of this patch/release/event making PvP easier for Cash Shoppers how is this any different then Hercs and Pheonixes? Those were released and help out cash shop players immensely. The only difference here is that now it's open to everyone who uses zen, not just venos who zen. Once the packs are all done I'm sure stuff will sell for in game coin like source of force and feathers do.............

It's kind of a light hearted jab at venos, but after I wrote it, if you think about it it's true.
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Are you really are sheeple? Really? None of you actually BELIEVE that spoons is the only method that the devs have to see your reaction to the latest update do you?
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i do think it'll be held off as long as possible... duke is constantly shouting. of course they wouldnt take the packs out of Boutique for the moment until they decide what would be best for the game. thats $$ they would be losing. why not ride it out. if they end up even shutting it down. once they shut it down thats $$ lost as well. i just hope they atleast come out with a statement saying 'we're taking them out' or 'we're not taking them out. deal with it'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i just hope they atleast come out with a statement saying 'we're taking them out' or 'we're not taking them out. deal with it'

Personally for me, I would be happy with someone from the Dev department or equivilant to post something in here on what the matter is holding from their stand point. And before people start stating the $$$, yes i know $$$, but what about the overall of the game? I read somewhere earlier where they posted a thing stating that they could add advertisment to this game. I have played other games of this sort (never tho) but ya, I had one in particular where if you were a F2P you had advertisment, but when you became a P2P you didnt have any advertisment. Now granted they did NOT have a CS, if you were a P2P then you had better weapons and better armour..... oh.... and the fact that you got an extra 110 quests to complete......
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    All of you really are sheeple? Really? None of you actually BELIEVE that spoons is the only method that the Devs have to see your reaction to the latest update do you?

No. I ain't no sheeple b:angry. xD

For those not in the know, the ONLY thing a company measures its success by is their profit.

Is this event profitable in the short term? Oh heck yeah!

What does this event mean for the long term profitability of PWI? I dunno. I can only speculate, but it looks grim to me. b:shy

I kind of get the impression that they are giving up to their *censored* competition, and trying to cash out (Free Zen Scam FTW? xD). But I could be wrong *cough cough*.

Perhaps many Cash Shoppers do stay, and they are happy with a game where they can buy everything they want, no actual "playing" required. Gosh, who plays MMORPGs these days xD? I mean those people are already heavily invested in their character so they have the greatest Exit Costs (Which is why game companies always find it profitable to shaft the high levels with every update ;D.)

Either way, it won't be the same game by the time the next month comes around. I however, do trust in one thing: The company is doing everything they can to maximize profits. b:victory
  • lesspewpewmoreqq
    lesspewpewmoreqq Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As long as that red text rolls through the chat box, nothing will be taken away. The damage is done.

So stop trying to delude yourselves in thinking any of your concerns about this new patch will be answered.
  • rsin
    edited September 2009
    Are you really are sheeple? Really? None of you actually BELIEVE that spoons is the only method that the devs have to see your reaction to the latest update do you?

Actually, a few Gm's and Mods have commented on this thread and topic that ive seen. People are looking for a solution. But how can anyone say that they are doing nothing. There is alot to consider with situations like this. The good and bad have to both be determined before any problem solving can occur. Do you fix a problem? or could you create an alternative solution so that the problem is no longer a problem? Thats life and its how things in everyday life have worked for so long now. get over it
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    Actually, a few Gm's and Mods have commented on this thread and topic that ive seen. People are looking for a solution. But how can anyone say that they are doing nothing. There is alot to consider with situations like this. The good and bad have to both be determined before any problem solving can occur. Do you fix a problem? or could you create an alternative solution so that the problem is no longer a problem? Thats life and its how things in everyday life have worked for so long now. get over it
    wh
    y not take the boxes out until they come up with a solution. if they decide to put them back in they can put them back in. u kno.

the simple truth is its more profitable to ride it out while they consider there options
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    keep making scam accusations and I'm going to have to take action Falls. Making accusations is expressly prohibited on the forums, especially in this case because it's not a scam
  • lesspewpewmoreqq
    lesspewpewmoreqq Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009

The phrase "think before you act" comes to mind. I mean honestly, the people in charge are not stupid. They move with a purpose, especially with the amount of money changing hands. So, when these "execs" all got together around their meeting table and stared each other in the face,

WTF WERE THEY THINKING?

I'll tell you this much...it wasn't the player's welfare, that's for sure. That seems to never of been in their interest. We are all fools for taking so long to realize this.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    keep making scam accusations and I'm going to have to take action Falls. Making accusations is expressly prohibited on the forums, especially in this case because it's not a scam

Fair enough xD.

Its just a terrible deal IMO.
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    The phrase "think before you act" comes to mind. I mean honestly, the people in charge are not stupid. They move with a purpose, especially with the amount of money changing hands. So, when these "execs" all got together around their meeting table and stared each other in the face,

WTF WERE THEY THINKING?

I'll tell you this much...it wasn't the player's welfare, that's for sure. That seems to never of been in their interest. We are all fools for taking so long to realize this.

i agree with u
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I love it...
    "That's the way things are... you can't change it!"
    "Can't fight City Hall!"
    "Well this is how we have done it for years!"
    "Just do it this way for now we'll fix it later!"
    "I was just doing my job!"

These phrases along with all the drivel you've posted in our little tete-a-tete here all boil down to the same thing:

It's too much trouble to stand up for what's right or to do things the right way... just sit back and keep your mouth shut.

Whatever... bleat for me some more I may come back to read it I may not.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They are in a no win situation here with this event right now. If they:

1) Roll back - Then everyone who got something good and paid money would complain and never pay for zen again. Never gonna happen

2) Shut down the event completely - They loose projected revenue from the event itself. Also they will get brow beat by everyone who claims they were "saving up" and were gonna buy packs so they didn't get a chance.

3) Reduce the drop rate or take items out of the pack - Everyone would complain that some people had a chance and it's not fair especially since they already made an announcement that it would last a month

So what are your suggestions for an immediate fix now that we have lambasted them and they know how mad we are? As you can see from above their hands are tied and they can't come out of this without egg on their face.

So what are their options? I think some are near term and some long term:

A) They need to make this the final sale for a long time. Perhaps as a token of good will the only thing that should go on sale is zen. Like the 15% zen bonus. This would ut more gold in the market helping the supply side. From a demand side the sales need to stop!!! The new cash shop items, gear, fashions, pets, etc needs to STOP!! At least for about a month to let things settle. That's a month AFTER this event stops, but certainly no sales during.

2) Perhaps make an in game event that doesn't use gold. Maybe to participate it uses in game coins ONLY. This would allow everyone to participate and feel appreciated and celebrate after 1 year. I can see this happen 2 ways. One would require a little more dev and thought and the other would be a quick fix

The quick fix would be you could buy an anniversary pack for 200k of in game coin. This would do two things. It would set a cap on gold prices, that while high at least sets a cap. The 200k could be lowered I guess, but for some of the drops it seems worth it for sure. The other reason to keep it higher is to make it more of a coin sink. This solution allows everyone the ability to get a pack. Maybe to reduce the flood of items in they could limit it to one pack a day. At 200k a pack for 30 days it would drain 6 million coins out of each account if they did it every day.

The long term fix would be to have a coin sink event that is coin ONLY that allows you to hunt mobs, do quests or whatever for either anniversary packs or some other kind of pack/prize. Maybe it could be like the bounty hunter, but be mini-world bosses (Think frog by twilight temple or 9 tailed fox in swamps to include quest world bosses, etc) and TT bosses. This would make higher levels have more of a need to do some of the less done tt runs. So in other words you pay an NPC to get a quest. The quest then gives out a decent reward, but is game coin only (No GAs, no cash shop items trades, only coin)

III) Think through the events in the future. We all want to celebrate the anniversary. Not just cash shop users (oddly enough I am a cash shop user that sees this has gone too far). I mean the JJ event was a failure (both times) but at least for JJ non cash shop users could pay 100k for a chance. That isn't even an option here so the only ones left celebrating are CS users.

Lastly it has been criticized that there have been almost no events (apart from JJ) in a while. I believe the GM response was how about the video contest and calendar, etc. These are not in game contests. If I wanted a degree in graphic design I'd go back and take classes for it. I don't want more "work". I want to play a game. Try and come up with a real event in game. Think like the Xmas event. That was cool. Even the weekly Dragon Palace event is cool if it hadn't become such an RPK event (i.e. charm destroyer)and the items are all now cash shop. If you did something like the DP, but had it be like the daily race where no PK, but different prizes and gear for actually working together, not against each other. And also have PK events too. TW is good, but not everyone gets to participate.

See what we're saying here? We don't want an event as creative as "Let's see who can spend the most money on the game" We want actual thought and in game experiences.

So now please print this out on nicely bonded paper, toss a cover sheet on, bind it, whatever needs to be done and deliver it to the big boss tout de suite.

Thank you
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For those not in the know, the ONLY thing a company measures its success by is their profit.

Is this event profitable in the short term? Oh heck yeah!

Either way, it won't be the same game by the time the next month comes around. I however, do trust in one thing: The company is doing everything they can to maximize profits. b:victory
    the simple truth is its more profitable to ride it out while they consider there options

Hmm, methinks the game is run by the Ferengi. =)
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009

There's the flag.

"Sheeple".

Next you'll be telling us how Obama was born in Kenya, 9/11 was a inside job and Sarah Palin is a brain surgeon.

If it upsets you this much, maybe you should lay off the caffeine a while and go outside.

RedMenace
    \its for your own good
    \\sunshine and fresh air will make the voices go away
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, methinks the game is run by the Ferengi. =)

This is the quote of the year.
    I'm gonna make it part of my signature.
    Ty Zetarana.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lastly it has been criticized that there have been almost no events (apart from JJ) in a while. I believe the GM response was how about the video contest and calendar, etc. These are not in game contests. If I wanted a degree in graphic design I'd go back and take classes for it. I don't want more "work". I want to play a game. Try and come up with a real event in game. Think like the Xmas event. That was cool.

This please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2) Shut down the event completely - They loose projected revenue from the event itself. Also they will get brow beat by everyone who claims they were "saving up" and were gonna buy packs so they didn't get a chance.

Those that are saving up for w/e can always be saving up for somthing else
    thi seems like the best choice atm. so ppl will stop complianing and gold will go down. beside i think this event should have only lasted for one day as it did come along with the anniversery day. as well i don't remember ppl asking for another event. I DO remember ppl asking they quit having sales so gold would have went down before it was like it is now. This just seems like a way of getting around the sales.and... sense when do ppl pay for b-day gifts?

O.o can't wait to see what choas christmas brings...
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • rsin
    edited September 2009
    I love it...
    "That's the way things are... you can't change it!"
    "Can't fight City Hall!"
    "Well this is how we have done it for years!"
    "Just do it this way for now we'll fix it later!"
    "I was just doing my job!"

These phrases along with all the drivel you've posted in our little tete-a-tete here all boil down to the same thing:

It's too much trouble to stand up for what's right or to do things the right way... just sit back and keep your mouth shut.

Whatever... bleat for me some more I may come back to read it I may not.

To say they dont care about players is purely speculation. To say that they are only cashing in and milking everyone is purely speculation. To say that anything is a scam is purely speculation. because the simple truth is that none of you who make these accusations can possibly know what is going on. You speculate and thats all it is.. nothing more than pure speculation. Think what you want. Be constructive with feedback. Wrongfully bashing Gm's, Mods or a company is not positive, constructive and will only get you banned as mentioned. There is right and wrong ways of voicing your concearns. Some of us choose to follow the rules while voicing our concearns and giving feedback in hopes of the best solution. Others just cry and complain while breaking the rules which only effects themselves even more negetively. 2 wrongs dont make a right. Think what you want about that.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2009-09-03_15-38-20233Pop.jpg

^ just proof that having herc is not realy that important...

however, that dosen't mean that I don't want it...and with current gold prices, I have no hope of getting itb:surrender

Anyway...I still hate what's happening...and I still wish I could gag the Dukeb:angry

Keep the packs in the cash shop if you want to...but put a cap on gold prices then.

And your earn zen solution is useless to me...and to any out of USA gamer around...

I apreciate the effort thought...I know it's hardb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    Silvatar - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Nowhere else to post this but since it relates to the aftermath of the update....

I thought the Obituary thread was an amusing way to fondly acknowledge and say farewell to lost comrades as a result of this update, but that thread, like so many others, has been locked already.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.....the censoring over the last couple of days for the sake of damage control is unfortunately another self-inflicted blight on PWI.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

^ just proof that having herc is not realy that important...

however, that dosen't mean that I don't want it...and with current gold prices, I have no hope of getting itb:surrender

Anyway...I still hate what's happening...and I still wish I could gag the Dukeb:angry

Keep the packs in the cash shop if you want to...but put a cap on gold prices then.

And your earn zen solution is useless to me...and to any out of USA gamer around...

I apreciate the effort thought...I know it's hardb:bye

Sigh, I can play for free on my Veno too (Not PvP, Many TTs or Rebirth).

But look at my Avatar, and thank God I'm not a Barbarian or a Cleric.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm sorry....I didn't know the image was that hugeb:sweat

I'll be more carefull next time...sorry againb:beg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To say they dont care about players is purely speculation. To say that they are only cashing in and milking everyone is purely speculation. To say that anything is a scam is purely speculation. because the simple truth is that none of you who make these accusations can possibly know what is going on. You speculate and thats all it is.. nothing more than pure speculation. Think what you want. Be constructive with feedback. Wrongfully bashing Gm's, Mods or a company is not positive, constructive and will only get you banned as mentioned. There is right and wrong ways of voicing your concearns. Some of us choose to follow the rules while voicing our concearns and giving feedback in hopes of the best solution. Others just cry and complain while breaking the rules which only effects themselves even more negetively. 2 wrongs dont make a right. Think what you want about that.

I agree with you 100%. I think there is actually a smaller majority of people unhappy or upset about this event then it seems. Additionally, people have to find someone to blame for there anger/unhappiness/etc and it is the GM's and the Mod's that get a lot of the words, since they are the most visible.

Also, many are assuming that they are speaking for everyone when they write their rant or in some cases concerns. Rest assured, they are not speaking for the entire population of PWI. In fact, even IF the rant has a valid point in the middle somewhere, the callous and angry vibe leaves whatever they said lost in the rest of the anger.

Fact of the matter is: This event is 1 month long. Let at least a few days go by before thinking that this is going to be the end of the world.

Everyone who is mad....Watch this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To be honest many people are waiting for the result of the future actions that will be taken by the company. Right now we have no idea what is going on and what will happen in the near future, just that they are discussing the possible solutions to the current problem. Let's see what will happen, but what has been done up until now is already destroyed half of the community. I do understand people's frustration/anger of the implementation of the Anniversary Pack. And in my opinion, the only thing that will save PWI from death is a new server after that event is over. I might even try to start all over again, even though the amount of wasted money on Lost City makes me to reconsider do so.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sigh, I can play for free on my Veno too (Not PvP, Many TTs or Rebirth).

But look at my Avatar, and thank God I'm not a Barbarian or a Cleric.

and archer!!! why did you never make an archer? b:sad
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

No, that isn't speculation. Its good business sense. TINSTAFL (There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch) is the first thing you learn in Economics (On the first day). They aren't being nice, and aren't pretending to care for no reason, they do it because good PR is profitable. Please, don't be naive D:.

Its the most basic rule of business.
  • rsin
    edited September 2009
    .....the censoring over the last couple of days for the sake of damage control is unfortunately another self-inflicted blight on PWI.

What about censoring False accusations, Wrongfully bashing people, breaking forum rules, explicit content that is not tolerated by the ToS. Are they not allowed to keep these things in order? Alot of unnecessary damage has come from the players also who choose to not follow rules and continue to bash and make false accusations. Some of us enjoy the game and play to have fun and relax. We dont want this crashing to an end either because there goes our fun also.
This discussion has been closed.