v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dude that **** the hell out of this game tbh i been playing for a while now and this UPDATE BLOWS i mean HOW the hell are u going to kill a lvl 80 with warsoul cus they are damn rich in IRL while people like us who burn there **** off trying to play and w8st hours and hours every day get blown in the face by some 1 who dont even know wat the hell he is doing >.> GG PW all i can say is that the DEVS fail bigtime b:surrender

NICE WAY OF GETTING POCKET MONEY AND RUINING THE BESt F2P GAME b:angryb:cry

Turn the time you're playing into time working. Say it takes 240 hours to farm a frost weapon (that's 6 hours a day for 40 days), a $10/hour job instead would bring you $2400, call it $1900 after taxes. There's 1900 chances for you. Of course, the idea of doing that is ridiculous since the standard for MMO's is to spend $180 on them every year, the idea of even $1900 annually puts it at over 10x the price of any other game out there.
  • cloezy1
    cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Turn the time you're playing into time working. Say it takes 240 hours to farm a frost weapon (that's 6 hours a day for 40 days), a $10/hour job instead would bring you $2400, call it $1900 after taxes. There's 1900 chances for you. Of course, the idea of doing that is ridiculous since the standard for MMO's is to spend $180 on them every year, the idea of even $1900 annually puts it at over 10x the price of any other game out there.

*cough* Recession

Medical Insurance
    Electricity
    Water
    Gas
    House Insurance
    Car Insurance
    Internet
    TV
    Groceries
    House supplies
    Vehicle maintenance
    House maintenance
    Vehicle Gas

Just to name a few....

Right....
    (\-/)
    (o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
    Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    You cover all those expenses with a normal job. I said quit pw and get a second job, that way once you have a few thousand from it you can quit and get your PW items. It's faster that way with how they have things set up. It's also way less fun and defeats the purpose of playing a game since the best way to play it is to not play it, but give them money for that privilege.
  • cloezy1
    cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You cover all those expenses with a normal job. I said quit pw and get a second job, that way once you have a few thousand from it you can quit and get your PW items. It's faster that way with how they have things set up. It's also way less fun and defeats the purpose of playing a game since the best way to play it is to not play it, but give them money for that privilege.

Did I mention Recession? Or 10%+ unemployment rate, not including the people who didn't file for unemployment???

Second job... Yeah...

I have over 5 years experience in my field (IT Technician) and can't even find a my first job within 150 miles of where I live. Don't count on dead end jobs either, those are all taken by the highschool kids. Since I can't get a job, I go to college instead.

Don't talk about stuff that you clearly are ignorant about. Unless you live in a district/zone that pertains to your skills, don't plan on a job today. Unless you are in the union, don't plan on a job. Unless you are wanting to work a Mac Donaldo for minimum wage, don't bother.
    (\-/)
    (o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
    Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
  • Oni_shadow - Sanctuary
    Oni_shadow - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The only thing thats making this update unpleasant,its all of you crying about it.Some of you saying *I worked so hard to get the weapon...so many runs and now they are in cash shop*I'm quiting.Looks guys nobody its taking your hard work away,your hard work its yours and only yours.Just because someone got lucky and got it on this event doesn't make you less of player.The ones saying I'm leaving/quiting or upset because of this update are the ones that are letting this game stress you out,which it be opposite.This game is to pass the time,to have fun,to play with friends,to take your mind out of the stress of the Real world.Not to make you more unease.So what if someone got the same weapon as you have now by being lucky and use cash,that doesn't make you less of now.Only if you let it to,remember the Best player is the one who it enjoys its game to fullest.I myself was waiting for this update ever since I came across this Anniversary Package on Database and yes I spent money on this game,why because I like to treat myself every once in a while.So why not just enjoy your game and have fun playing it.

Happy Anniversary PWIb:victory

PS: I can't wait to see the new races coming soonb:cool
    Oderint Dum Metuant b:sin

If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying b:cool
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow so nothing being done yet just wow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I already work every day at the job I have. I barely get sleep because we wake up to the phone or bell whenever it goes. I also can't get sleep much tell my husband returns home from his trip. Most people can't keep 2 jobs unless they add up to one full one, ONE FULL Time Job. If you want to work 2 full time jobs you have to be careful because if you do it to long you will over work yourself and make yourself collapse. With that said one of the important things you need to remember hun is time for yourself. Even if it is once or so a week for a little that in one whole week you get maybe 6 hours for yourself your own personal time you choose how to spend them to relax.
    If beating the **** out of monsters on a game is how you like to go thats great and when you play a game you like to see the result of your hard work and accomplish the finish of the game be it MMORPG or a normal one. Most gamers and normal people I know that play games would find it borring if the harder parts of the game you work for are made easy and made it so you really have no point to work towards them no more.
    *shrugs* Or at least that is my thoughts.
    Soo hun if you want to work 2 jobs that's great do everyone around you a favor and don't over do it. When you collapse you always worry at least one person....
    edited September 2009
    The only thing thats making this update unpleasant,its all of you crying about it.Some of you saying *I worked so hard to get the weapon...so many runs and now they are in cash shop*I'm quiting.Looks guys nobody its taking your hard work away,your hard work its yours and only yours.Just because someone got lucky and got it on this event doesn't make you less of player.The ones saying I'm leaving/quiting or upset because of this update are the ones that are letting this game stress you out,which it be opposite.This game is to pass the time,to have fun,to play with friends,to take your mind out of the stress of the Real world.Not to make you more unease.So what if someone got the same weapon as you have now by being lucky and use cash,that doesn't make you less of now.Only if you let it to,remember the Best player is the one who it enjoys its game to fullest.I myself was waiting for this update ever since I came across this Anniversary Package on Database and yes I spent money on this game,why because I like to treat myself every once in a while.So why not just enjoy your game and have fun playing it.

Happy Anniversary PWIb:victory

PS: I can't wait to see the new races coming soonb:cool

I'm not complaining of the hard work my main complaint is in ONE night ONE patch it finally screwed the economy of the game and facts are facts if a economy stays in a downward spiral to long it dies and with such IN Game it means....dundundun GAME END DEAD which would be bad and depressing. They have to fix the game economy or their game(s) die and with this they didn't help but screwed it worse. so main thing is is to fix it and be thankful its not real life cause in real life people die from **** like this(bad economy just continuing to go down-down-down) In short you have to watch the economy in the game and they have to find ways to keep it in a decent medium it could be a medium high yes but still a medium...
    Sincerely,
    SIN
    edited September 2009
    Wow so nothing being done yet just wow

Nope makes you kind of wonder what they truly plan to do doesn't it?b:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    Yeah i think they r just trying to make us cry inside
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    so guys i came back they still did nothing huh?
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Oni_shadow - Sanctuary
    Oni_shadow - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    be thankful its not real life cause in real life people die from **** like this(bad economy just continuing to go down-down-down)

You got it its just a game not Real Life.Bad economy you said,from what I see its the player who puts the prices on gold and cash shop items ( not GMs ).
    If prices keep going up its because players are buying it at that price.
    Oderint Dum Metuant b:sin

If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying b:cool
    edited September 2009
    Nothing has been done so far it seems and Duke is still spamming those lunar weapons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i do agree with that. its hard to fault them on the Gold Prices because people are buying it for that price. obviously thats why there still so high. lol.

but this event is my problem. Epic Fail. and the developers did put that on so that is there fault. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Hallelujah you've seen the light b:laugh
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some of you saying *I worked so hard to get the weapon...so many runs and now they are in cash shop*I'm quiting.Looks guys nobody its taking your hard work away,your hard work its yours and only yours.Just because someone got lucky and got it on this event doesn't make you less of player.

Wrong. Anyone that every did Frostcovered City before the patch had their work taken away. And with the items in the cash shop, the items we were getting close to obtaining are now being given away for cash. I don't know how else to read it but "I worked months for item X, only to have X taken away, and given to someone for absolutely no effort whatsoever."
    edited September 2009
    You got it its just a game not Real Life.Bad economy you said,from what I see its the player who puts the prices on gold and cash shop items ( not GMs ).

It's a combination of effects. They should watch over their ecconomy whether it is liked or not they should put certain things in play to keep things from getting to bad. Whether its liked or not its a safety thing. As gold prices went up the amount of coin you could get from drops and things seem to have gone done. The amount of monsters in solo-TT went down as they saw the prices rose on the game on some things. Whether its liked or not the CS gold trading is a large part of the economy of the game with that said they should be a max allowed you can put the price everyone can put it to the max for all it matters but they should by the looks extremely now they should have a max limit, in which of course they can adjust if needed for things in the future.
    They are in turn a way the leading people here yes players are free as they please but if certain blocks and things are done by the higher ups all they do is watch the economy go down and not fixing it then they just get screwed in real and in not. They should put certain measures into play it could be the gold thing or adjusting things in drops and others. Could be other non-cs events that can be randomly put out but right now all they are doing is cs event after cs event and how it looks it looks like they don't fully care if the game survives or it does not, which is really sad since its a good game.
    Sincerely SIN
    edited September 2009
    well i do agree with that. its hard to fault them on the Gold Prices because people are buying it for that price. obviously thats why there still so high. lol.

but this event is my problem. Epic Fail. and the developers did put that on so that is there fault. lol

Nicely put... hehe Event Fail and from what spoons said he wasn't sure it was a good idea and said so soo some people get ignored in some ways i guess b:shutupb:surrender
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    They should put certain measures into play it could be the gold thing or adjusting things in drops and others. Could be other non-cs events that can be randomly put out but right now all they are doing is cs event after cs event and how it looks it looks like "they don't fully care if the game survives or it does not," which is really sad since its a good game.
    Sincerely SIN

agreed very very sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    this is depressing still seeing every 2 mins someone getting a citrine gem or sapphire gem well after WQ back to HL for noobie fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wrong. Anyone that every did Frostcovered City before the patch had their work taken away. And with the items in the cash shop, the items we were getting close to obtaining are now being given away for cash. I don't know how else to read it but "I worked months for item X, only to have X taken away, and given to someone for absolutely no effort whatsoever."

They took all your currently possessed frost mats ("X's") away? b:sad
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    One of my friends did 15 packs a few minutes ago.
    4 Token of Best Luck
    1 Badge of Bravery
    1 Grand Lobster

Way to go luck based events.
    edited September 2009
    What this event does is gives everyone the best gear for a fraction of the time. So they time they took from farming the mats will be used for grinding or some other lvl up thing so they ppl that had to farm the mats get left behind because they could afford to get theri daddys credit card
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the entire problem that we are having is the fact that those new packs are cash shop items. if the were implemented in the game as a reward of some quest or what ever alse, we would've not had this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    One of my friends did 15 packs a few minutes ago.
    4 Token of Best Luck
    1 Badge of Bravery
    1 Grand Lobster

Way to go luck based events.

lol my luck seems to fail on game soo i really shouldn't try I guessb:thanksb:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    the entire problem that we are having is the fact that those new packs are cash shop items. if the were implemented in the game as a reward of some quest or what ever alse, we would've not had this problem.

Yeah they just did oh yay lets do only cashshop event again and this one just in a way tanked bad.... it wouldn't have been and if they and something to get with real coin as well and probably kept things more even.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Make that 25 packs.
    Add Stone of the Savant, Plat Spirit Charm, and Lunar Glade Insignia to the list.
    lol my luck seems to fail on game soo i really shouldn't try I guess

My luck sucks too. It took me 612 battle pet backs to get my herc a few months ago for example.
    edited September 2009
    Add another **** **** lunar gear into the game QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    we saw one on dreamweaver do that + one lunar ring worth billions and 2 of the gems... all in a matter of minutes........

people are buying oracles by the hundred with all the luck tickets. fastest way to level 100. just sit there do nothing but be on one mob.. no quests ever again no nothing.

people get 8 super lucks in 30 seconds.. 8 literally in a row?? 40 million coin in seconds? It is flat our impossible no mater HOW fast someone clicks to get 8 of these in under 30 seconds, or all the other rare stuff on top of it without cheating.. I mean 3 of the super lucks in a row? bam bam bam less than 5 seconds.. come on........................... LOL

Unless the servers are rolled back before this fiasco began the game may well be mortally wounded economy wise.

Luck event? more like how to be a billionaire in 30 seconds.

Sorry but another week of this and will be luky to see anyone on servers because people are quitting by the thousands.

YOu want details there they are... the truth is shocking ... this event is so badly exploited while the gm''s pocket the millions of dollars they killed their baby doing it.

The sad thing is there is no way to roll back.. the damage is done. how do you sort out millions of transactions both gold auction and pay by card for it? the damage is so great may it will be impossible to fix..
This discussion has been closed.