v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well i thought this game was different. the one i left for this one started doing the same thing because this one was coming out. wonder if thats just a coincidence........?

if not, A--- has the dev's freakin out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Smileyangel - Dreamweaver
    Smileyangel - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wow, just look at how many complaints, whines, hopes, critics came in about a day nd a half. By

**** with the PWI economy and handing hard earned items, you have just about pissed most of the

players off and frustrated the players who have been here for a long time and had worked for those. This

new update should end soon because at this rate, you'll be losing tons/thousands of players, im starting

to think about it myself. So im suggesting to the PWI staff that they fixed this **** before it starts

getting more out of hand because you have lost a lot of players already. Just look at the PvP servers...

this is really getting out of hand, and to make things worst, this is all happening on PWI's birthday. Way

to go out with a bang huh
  • Oni_shadow - Sanctuary
    Oni_shadow - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They took all your currently possessed frost mats ("X's") away? b:sad
    b:faint.
    Wrong. Anyone that every did Frostcovered City before the patch had their work taken away. And with the items in the cash shop, the items we were getting close to obtaining are now being given away for cash. I don't know how else to read it but "I worked months for item X, only to have X taken away, and given to someone for absolutely no effort whatsoever."

How is that your hard work was stolen away?
    Nah,your hard work wasn't taking away,in fact major Kudos to your hard work.You just need to let go a bit of that unease you have about this event and enjoy your game
    Oderint Dum Metuant b:sin

If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying b:cool
    edited September 2009
    Options
    oh and also, STOP WITH THE SALES! just stop for at least 4 weeks minimum!!! these sales

have been messing with gold prices and **** with the economy in-game. just when its

starting to settle down, you add this outragous one??? just stop with the damn sales

already
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this is all happening on PWI's birthday. Way

isn't that the truth... They also I think this week they have to fix it if it goes on longer things are pretty much screwed its this week that is the deciding factor in a way if they leave it for a month the above statement more or less true cause it will no longer be a F2P but they might as well move it to P2P... if they want to keep the thing alive that is and not have it die completely....b:surrender
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    toob:faint.How is that hard work was stolen away?

How is that your hard work was stolen away?
    Nah,your hard work wasn't taking away,in fact major Kudos to your hard work.You just need to let go a bit of that unease you have about this event and enjoy your game

as one person said before its like taking someone who only been the president of some big company for a little while telling them oh hey guess what we're making this person it now they have only been here for a small fraction of what you have but we gonna let them play with your position or something of the sort that is how they feel in a way. I dont know personally but i do sympathizeb:cute
    oh and also, STOP WITH THE SALES! just stop for at least 4 weeks minimum!!! these sales

have been messing with gold prices and **** with the economy in-game. just when its

starting to settle down, you add this outragous one??? just stop with the damn sales

already

isn't that the truth...
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wow, just look at how many complaints, whines, hopes, critics came in about a day nd a half. By

**** with the PWI economy and handing hard earned items, you have just about pissed most of the

players off and frustrated the players who have been here for a long time and had worked for those. This

new update should end soon because at this rate, you'll be losing tons/thousands of players, im starting

to think about it myself. So im suggesting to the PWI staff that they fixed this **** before it starts

getting more out of hand because you have lost a lot of players already. Just look at the PvP servers...

this is really getting out of hand, and to make things worst, this is all happening on PWI's birthday. Way

ive played since OB i was also in CB but in teh end i dont care about that Anniversary pack or who get pimp lunar weppon at lvl3 or anything if you ppl want to quit then just quit and feel free to send me all ur itemz b:kiss
    edited September 2009
    Options

ive played since OB i was also in CB but in teh end i dont care about that Anniversary pack or who get pimp lunar weppon at lvl3 or anything if you ppl want to quit then just quit and feel free to send me all ur itemz b:kiss

the main issue that came from this event was the people leaving. you cant play a freaking online game with like 2 or 4 people in the game!?! b:sad

im sad that most people on my server are already thinking about moving onto a new game. and i said i was thinking about quitting, not going to >.>
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yay smiley! :D
    I really think more players are on the forums then actually playing the game at this rate b:surrender
    Gold is 374k in Dreamweaver now what about u guys??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They took all your currently possessed frost mats ("X's") away? b:sad

Well, X in my case is all those blasted curvades that you had to farm. The devs had the brilliant idea that everyone of the curvades is really worth 10 tokens, which are supposedly worth 1k each, but can't be turned in anywhere, because it doesn't work yet. Frags are 1, and Essences are 3... Since I could have made a KILLING selling normal Curvades for 100k per and 1 MILLION for Ming and Tao, this feels like a really, really big kick in the balls, since I was actually determined to work my way through FC to get what I wanted, even though there would be runs where I'd actually come out BEHIND due to the random drops shafting you due to the fact that you NEEDED a party to get past the Glacix Wus. Because, surprise among surprises, a Veno could NOT solo it. Even on the solo mode. And that made me happier than anything in this game. Finally a place where every Veno in the entire game wasn't farming, because they COULDN'T.

However... I, having friends who were clerics, could actually go through them, as I was LA, which allowed me to blast away, while the cleric prayed their healing powers were enough. It was a rush, it was fun, it was my little niche in this game. If I wasn't in Gamma, I was pounding through the FC, killing mobs, farming pots, and drops, and all around having a great time of myself. I had accumulated a nice little stash of the Curvades, and mats, and had shared them with those I had run through, and we were all going to go through it and be among the Elite of this game. Now? Some 13 year old with Mommy's credit card is buying the stuff we craved, desired, and yearned for, at no effort whatsoever. I'm not happy. You should NEVER do that to your customer base. I don't care if it was "TOO HARD". There's a severe lack of challenge in this game. We needed something that every Tom, ****, and Harry wasn't involved in, and that was Frostcovered. They took that away from us, gave us a little pat on the head, and said "It's okay. You can BUY that stuff now. Doesn't that make you happy?"
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the main issue that came from this event was the people leaving. you cant play a freaking online game with like 2 or 4 people in the game!?! b:sad

im sad that most people on my server are already thinking about moving onto a new game. and i said i was thinking about quitting, not going to >.>

naa they just want attention maybe some will leave but they always come back

some HT ppl whos said here on forums that they quited yet they are opening packs in game and shouting or just running around :P
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    a Veno could NOT solo it. Even on the solo mode. And that made me happier than anything in this game. Finally a place where every Veno in the entire game wasn't farming, because they COULDN'T.

Soloed at 75 (or whatever level the quests became available) with no issues. Wu's were easy enough to deal with, if you couldn't get past them as a veno, you're not very creative.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, X in my case is all those blasted curvades that you had to farm. The devs had the brilliant idea that everyone of the curvades is really worth 10 tokens, which are supposedly worth 1k each, but can't be turned in anywhere, because it doesn't work yet. Frags are 1, and Essences are 3... Since I could have made a KILLING selling normal Curvades for 100k per and 1 MILLION for Ming and Tao, this feels like a really, really big kick in the balls, since I was actually determined to work my way through FC to get what I wanted, even though there would be runs where I'd actually come out BEHIND due to the random drops shafting you due to the fact that you NEEDED a party to get past the Glacix Wus. Because, surprise among surprises, a Veno could NOT solo it. Even on the solo mode. And that made me happier than anything in this game. Finally a place where every Veno in the entire game wasn't farming, because they COULDN'T.

However... I, having friends who were clerics, could actually go through them, as I was LA, which allowed me to blast away, while the cleric prayed their healing powers were enough. It was a rush, it was fun, it was my little niche in this game. If I wasn't in Gamma, I was pounding through the FC, killing mobs, farming pots, and drops, and all around having a great time of myself. I had accumulated a nice little stash of the Curvades, and mats, and had shared them with those I had run through, and we were all going to go through it and be among the Elite of this game. Now? Some 13 year old with Mommy's credit card is buying the stuff we craved, desired, and yearned for, at no effort whatsoever. I'm not happy. You should NEVER do that to your customer base. I don't care if it was "TOO HARD". There's a severe lack of challenge in this game. We needed something that every Tom, ****, and Harry wasn't involved in, and that was Frostcovered. They took that away from us, gave us a little pat on the head, and said "It's okay. You can BUY that stuff now. Doesn't that make you happy?"

at first, i used to think that PWI cared about us... valuing its loyal players even the ones who didnt pay but promoted their game b:cry

but now im starting to think, they value the money the players are giving to their corporation... idk what to think anymore!?!? b:shocked

just like cher said, unless you can turn back time, i am pissed b:angry
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Soloed at 75 (or whatever level the quests became available) with no issues. Wu's were easy enough to deal with.

Really? Did you use a charm? I'm actually curious, honestly. I thought they caused way too much damage to be overridden by any pot. Or did you use a ranged pet?
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nope, I'll PM you exactly how I did it in a minute. This thread has too much in it already.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's the economy that's making everyone mad I think. If it weren't for that these other things would not cause such a ripple, although it would upset us a bit. I know some are mad because what they deem as hard work (and it was/is) is now wasted. I don't think it necessarily so. As with any game or any product in life there will be advances and in fact will need to be. By this I mean remember how hard it was to cook 50 years ago, but now a modern kitchen has all the appliances to make it easier and faster. Or look at computers. It's not like anyone is banging away on a Commodore 64 or an Amega any more. And certainly no one is complaining for making these things easier.

And so in games things must advance. Now I think the healthy thing to do is to make instances such as Frost and Lunar easier and perhaps more achievable. While pioneers might be slightly upset they would understand because people are still doing SOME work to get them.

Giving away these outrageous gears for "free" (read: zen) goes against this principal and what's more further screws with our economy, the original and underlying issue.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    SUMMARY

over 24h have passed since patch.

1. there was immense spam and then andracil adn eatwithspoons tried to make it few topics to make forum clean.

2. after eatwithspoons told he would gather suggestions flame and spam nearly ceased.

3. a topic about free zen was created but not every player would get any offer. the activity in this thread is reduced.

4. with no more panic, no more heat, no more flame this thread will soon go to page 2. after a few days it will be locked. after a week or 2 it will be deleted.

5. event is still up! go charge your zen and join the celebration!

feel deceived and backstabbed? you're free to leave PWI... but you must go in silence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • ennui
    ennui Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Suggestions on how to fix the economy:

1. Zen sale

If the patch increases the demand for gold, by reducing the dollar cost for Zen, it may increase supply to balance the increased demand.

2. Limits on Anniversary box

Like the Chrismas sock from Santa, limit the opening of the box to one per day per character (perhaps per level?). This will decrease the demand for gold. Lower/remove the droprate of the lunar/warsoul/etc gear/weapons. Make *all* items from box become character bound. This will reduce the speculation and reduce the "sale exploitation" mentality.

Ancillary concerns regarding gameplay/changes from this patch:

3. Unique Icons

With the change of the GA to a scroll icon, it's been shown that it is within the devs power to change icons for items. Good start b:victory Items remaining on the not-all-inclusive list of "icons to be changed": ultisub/healing orb, shabby/blemished/etc gems, plain token/luck token, and a lot of the TT mats share identical icons.

4. Mute Duke

Enough salt in the wound, we don't need to keep getting it rubbed in our faces. Alternately, allow disabling of the SYSTEM channel, or have the Duke's shouts in a channel that's Mute-able.

5. PM Chat color

New color is difficult to read with some chat settings. Perhaps integrate the current ability to set the Friends list color with the whisper from that friends list group.
  • Mala_Curica - Lost City
    Mala_Curica - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I really think more players are on the forums then actually playing the game at this rate b:surrender

408k atm cheapest gold in lost city b:cry
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    550k in HL atmb:chuckle
    3 millions charms FTWb:laugh
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • FinalDays - Harshlands
    FinalDays - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok my thoughts on this "update".

Im pretty sure the devs are not stupid, giving this line of thought you would have expected them to have the forethought of what this update would do, so if there not stupid (which i don't think they are) they must have had some idea what this update would course but they still went ahead with it anyway?, i can only draw one conclusion from it, they are cashing out.

They have predicted to loose a large part of the playerbase to *the game that's censored* this month so they spam us with update and update (not really a update when your just adding stuff to the CS).

If you are expecting some miracle that they will do something to fix this then i feel sorry for you because i don't see it happening, they knew for well what this patch would do and still went live with it and that say's it my in my eyes.

Its quite sad really PWI could have has a good few years left if it wasn't for all these updates, for the first time since i started playing this game i don't feel like logging in.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i dont think they're cashing out, or they wouldn't bother to update us on the expansion. however, they must've known this would raise gold prices, and that is probably their intention all along.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    Ikens - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I highly feel now like 1 month is too long. Make it a week long or it will take ages until the economy recovers from this. b:shocked
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    Neokaiser - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    By the first hour people were getting Lunar gear and God gems. 1 hour was too long.
    If I was a pro forum alt I'd be level 1 by now.
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People were complaining that several things are almost impossible to get. There is not an overflow of Lunar Weapons/Ornaments yet but still the chances for people to be able to achieve one increased by far.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but in a month there will be an overflow if this was like a one day event i couldve lived with it but a month is too much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but in a month there will be an overflow if this was like a one day event i couldve lived with it but a month is too much

Agree, 1 month is too long.
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

i managed to get 1 gold for 530k on harshlands server :( that was my charm money b:surrender i got good stuff from it tho :(

15 perfect luck tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pwi Has Seriously Failed!!!! All These Low Lvl Noobies With Mom And Dads Credit Card Getting End Game Gears, Ya Thats F****ing Cool. I Have Had To Farm Everything I Have. Caps Are On I Am Fully Aware!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was honestly surprised when I started this game that they *allowed* trading coin for Gold ingame. What possible benefit could there be for them to offer this?

If money was their only object, they wouldn't have the option at all. They would tell you to wait until a cash customer bought something and sold it via catshop. You'd still be able to buy anything from the catshop, but only if some cash paying customer decided to sell one.

The free players will, and should, be at a disadvantage in this game, because they are doing nothing to financially support this company.

Unless they start placing advertising in-game, the staff and servers have to be paid for *somehow*, and the cash shop is it. The owners of this system have no reason to be particularly concerned about the coin/Gold exchange rate. Only how many real-world dollars are being spent via the website in exchange for game Gold.

I'm not saying it's not a pain, and I'm not saying I'm happy with the results. But I'm not paying a monthly fee for this game, and I'm happy for that. If I don't have $$ to spend on the website for Gold, I don't have to. Things are harder for me if I have to grind for $$, and pay ridiculous prices for charms - but it's not required.

I just want this company to make enough real-word $$ to keep the game running, and alive, so I and others can play. If these kind of sales are what it takes to keep a free game alive, it's the "price" I'm willing to pay.

RedMenace

\just my opinion
    \\let the whimpering begin
    \\\no one "owes" you a free game
    \\\\TANSTAAFL
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
This discussion has been closed.