Who's actually quitting?

Options

Comments

• Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The issue is that this is a F2P game that has to compete with P2P games. If you look at other independent forums and overall game rankings. PWI is pretty high up there in terms of player base.

If you compare the amount that PWI should generate in cash income daily to compete with P2P games with similar player bases it is far far greater than some of the numbers bantered around here.

Hence a big push to sell items in the Cash Shop. Honestly though they need to put someone who really plays the game in charge of making some of these decisions.
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Actually, I already quit b:victory.

I made an alt Dreamweaver and haven't been on LC or HL for months.

Now I intend to quit my dreamweaver characters.

I used to defend PWE before they started with the sale after sale after sale, and now this. Wasn't Jolly Old Jones bad enough?

Are they honestly "scared" of The Game that Shall Not Be Named? (sigh... just for the sake of the mods, thanks for keeping up the forums, it was good while the game was playable.) Or have they just given up on this game and think they can continue to kill it for money indefinitely?

I was intending to continue playing this game. Reintroducing Jolly was bad; this is just about unforgivable.

b:bye PWI; I can't believe I ever spent money on this.
  • Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I am not quitting. I see no reason to.
    Been playing since the beginning. And have no intention to quit. I like it too much.
    Even if I had the money for P2P, I wouldn't switch. Why I'm so hellbent to stay, I don't know. Some events and updates are kinda... ew. But the game is ONLY a year old. And GMs can be greedy, and the devs suck., but I've acquired an unhealthy obsession with this game b:surrender
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I only recently started playing, I'm certainly not going to quit just because a bunch of high levels are sad that some rare items can be gotten from the boutique on a temporary basis, nor because the price of gold shockingly doubled due to increased demand. (I say shockingly quite sarcastically) Heck, I wouldn't care if the boxes were permanent. I'm here to have fun, not to have rare goodies nobody else has.

Unrelated note, love the name, Liebe. I take it you know a bit of German, yes?
  • Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Unrelated note, love the name, Liebe. I take it you know a bit of German, yes?

Just a bit :] On both sides of my family there's plenty of Germans, but I was born in the states. I don't speak it fluently... at all o-o lol
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well I cant get back into Legendary and all this **** is happening but I still have friends on pw. I will still play but I will by no means be obsessing over pw anymore since I will never stand a chance against the rich players.

QFT. I am even stocked on Pt. charms, so I won't even bother to charge my usual Zen. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xninja - Heavens Tear
    Xninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i find it funny that all these people are blameing the gm's for gold inflation when if people would stop buying it for the high prices the prices would go down its realy simple...
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i find it funny that all these people are blameing the gm's for gold inflation when if people would stop buying it for the high prices the prices would go down its realy simple...

True

(how come i cant write a message of 4 letters =>.>=)
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I find it funny that all these people are trying to blame the players for high prices when they are only participating in an artificial economy under the direct control of GMs/Developers.
  • Roojie - Lost City
    Roojie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This game needs more general quests, not just grinding, like colleting items, or seeking out NPC, courrier quests, or a daily one to make MONEY not exp... But the recent cash shop updates, and the new expansion.... I was playing this game for weeks at lower levels, and loving it. Me and my friend would always quest together, we bought mounts and other things for our accounts, come the end of september we will have been playing a year or more. But I barely play anymore, it's a downright chore and I've spent more on this game than I could have on a P2P game costing 15 USD a month. That's 180 a year and you have all the same opportunities as everyone else, if my income was more stable I would be on a P2P game right now and not here, but I'm here because if I can't pay up for a month or three my account won't get deleted; and my computer can run this better than some game with 6 disks.
    But the recent CS updates are driving me off more and more, I won't play for weeks at a time because I dread getting on and grinding all the time; that's all there is to do! Grind for money to repair- forbid a level 6 Blacksmith/Tailor repair his own gear, I can make it but apparently I suck... grind for something to do, or take a quest and grind because the NPC is a lazy bum and that's all they ever want done. I prefer to hop up on my horse and ride across the map to deliver a weapon for 3k 40 times. So bored.... I stay here because I put so much into my account when I still had fun with it; but is a player who doesn't really get on and doesn't want to spend money anymore, really a player anymore? Or can/should I just be counted among the Quitters..... *sigh*
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Alot of people are quitting because its stupid how hard that the ones from the beginning have had to work for everything that we have...

I joined Oct. 11, 2008... I had to run my fb19 with a few lvl 20's when I started this game and we died about 5 or 6 times if I remember correctly... So yes, this update is annoying as **** for all of us that worked for a year for what we have and now everyone who lines PWI's pockets gets it handed to them on a fkin silver platter... I seriously thought PW wasn't gonna be one of those kinda games when I started... Guess I was wrong...

That being said, I don't plan to quit as of this moment b/c of all the hours and money i've invested into my characters but the GM's need to think about the people who have been here from the beginning and had to work so hard for what they're now freely handing away... They give a free mount to honor the first people but then they hand away everything that has costed us millions of coins and many hours of grinding to pay for...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well, I think the game is really good but when you hit certain level (I'd say around 60), you simply outgrown the game by that time.

I like they are adding new races and new content very often but some how they have to fix the feeling of repeating the same routine every day.

I still wonder why we cant have squad vs squad dueling with the many variations that we can have.
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

If the GMs/devs stopped adding items/sales that increase the value of gold the prices would go down its realy simple...
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    omg i hope you all really quit, it would so help the lag in archo
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Alot of people are quitting because its stupid how hard that the ones from the beginning have had to work for everything that we have...

I joined Oct. 11, 2008... I had to run my fb19 with a few lvl 20's when I started this game and we died about 5 or 6 times if I remember correctly... So yes, this update is annoying as **** for all of us that worked for a year for what we have and now everyone who lines PWI's pockets gets it handed to them on a fkin silver platter... I seriously thought PW wasn't gonna be one of those kinda games when I started... Guess I was wrong...

That being said, I don't plan to quit as of this moment b/c of all the hours and money i've invested into my characters but the GM's need to think about the people who have been here from the beginning and had to work so hard for what they're now freely handing away... They give a free mount to honor the first people but then they hand away everything that has costed us millions of coins and many hours of grinding to pay for...

=>.>=...

That's it, im NOT going to buy an anniversary pack... Gonna play this game the original hard way =^.^=

P.S. FB19 run with only lvl20s sound fun =^.^= i will maybe try that with one of my alts b:chuckle
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Akikoa - Dreamweaver
    Akikoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not going to quit anytime soon, because it's still a fun game. I will say I'm a bit disappointed at the ones running the game though for being money hoarders and destroying their games economies with it.

Edit: By the way, what's with changing the whisper color to navy blue? Pink too girly or something?
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    Sure... If you happen to be a person who likes being pathetic compared to most others. There's a reason why people aren't usually wearing storebought, white, unsharded gear past level 70. What you CAN do and what is PRACTICAL to do are two entirely different things. There is no mandatory requirement to level past level 1 either...

The problem is not that there is some sort of requirement, or even that some people happen to have that shiny gear for spending almost no effort, but instead that making that gear more available to others who spent no effort, while there are those who have put months of playing into earning their equipment, or getting close is just an absolute insult to the player. It basically says that all effort spent is meaningless if you can borrow your parent's credit card. This is why other f2p games go to ****, and why this one is quickly turning into ****. Once you get to higher levels, the only point of playing is to be working toward some goal, you remove that goal, or make it meaningless, and you make playing meaningless. Why go in TT or do raids when you end up having to spend 2-4 times for that raid than you make? Although giving away these items to people who havn't earned them is a slap in the face to those who have, or were getting close, the real loss is that it ends up making it where the item is not a sign of work, or ability, but instead a sign that you have money.

Quoting just in case the mods delete probably the best post on these forums.

Quoting again in regards to the best post I've read also... I found myself nodding along while reading your post... Thank you for that
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    =>.>=...

That's it, im NOT going to buy an anniversary pack... Gonna play this game the original hard way =^.^=

P.S. FB19 run with only lvl20s sound fun =^.^= i will maybe try that with one of my alts b:chuckle

It was very fun... We laughed so hard at each other as we were mowed down by mobs that we stood no chance against... b:laugh Those are the fun times, once you start to get higher lvl the developers have totally forgot about you and you have absolutely nothing to do anymore... It all begins to feel like a second job sadly enough... I'm not as high lvl as i could be because I quit playing for a few months in my 60's... They're so boring and hard to lvl in, that it almost made me quit playing... 2-3 quests a lvl = roughly 10%, with no world quest and only CS and justice quests to lvl by is just totally ridicules... They keep adding **** that we don't need to the cash shop and shorting everyone that already worked for it, when they REALLY need to be adding more quests or variety of quests and stuff we actually NEED... not a new set of clothes every week... b:angry
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I admit this is my first mmo and ive only been playing about 6 weeks but when I chose it it was because I heard that it is unbiased to new players and to players who chose to pay.

Now I have used the cash shop a few times, I do have CS wings and I did buy a hp charm and I don't mind shelling out a bit here and there to support the game, but this is just rediculous. The cash shop in my opinion didnt give a real advantage to paying players untill now.

In my opinion id rather PW just become an actual P2P game with a monthly fee then slowly extract the money out of their players. Id rather pay 15$ a month and be able to buy clothes and wings in game for less then 300k.

I will keep playing for now, but I will not put another cent into the cash shop and I may very well keep my eye open for a p2p game with no cash shop at all.
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It was very fun... We laughed so hard at each other as we were mowed down by mobs that we stood no chance against... b:laugh Those are the fun times, once you start to get higher lvl the developers have totally forgot about you and you have absolutely nothing to do anymore... It all begins to feel like a second job sadly enough... I'm not as high lvl as i could be because I quit playing for a few months in my 60's... They're so boring and hard to lvl in, that it almost made me quit playing... 2-3 quests a lvl = roughly 10%, with no world quest and only CS and justice quests to lvl by is just totally ridicules... They keep adding **** that we don't need to the cash shop and shorting everyone that already worked for it, when they REALLY need to be adding more quests or variety of quests and stuff we actually NEED... not a new set of clothes every week... b:angry

Lol XD, im so doing the fb19 if i can find some lvl20s that wants to come with me (and die a lot XD) b:chuckle

About the quests, i still have a lot to do, im late in doing them cause i grinded too much...to buy clothes =>.<= sorryb:surrender

But yeah, they should really stop with the new set of clothes, the gold's price didnt drop cause of the clothes and it wont before a while cause of the anniversary packs.

BTW, the more i read the posts from the senior players that had to work really hard from the beginning to earn their stuffs, the more i think the anniversary pack event is ******. (i dont wanna get banned so i dont write the word, but you get the point)

Edit: I forgot, i had a lot of fun when i was the higher lvl for a fb19 this weekend and that i was the one tanking the boss XD
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
  • Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:byeb:byeBye.b:byeb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PWI u suck, every week i wait to see how your going to **** us over and now im actually thinking of quitting soon but who knows, i have been someone who has grinded and grinded and grinded to make enough money to equip a charm for TWs but now with charms at 1.2mill what are we supppose to do its hard enough to get that kind of money. Another thing y did u put the chest of coins another stupid idea u destroyd the economy with that and u keep destorying it more and more with the stupid sales your doing every week
  • ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver
    ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PWI u suck, every week i wait to see how your going to **** us over and now im actually thinking of quitting soon but who knows, i have been someone who has grinded and grinded and grinded to make enough money to equip a charm for TWs but now with charms at 1.2mill what are we supppose to do its hard enough to get that kind of money. Another thing y did u put the chest of coins another stupid idea u destroyd the economy with that and u keep destorying it more and more with the stupid sales your doing every week

b:angrycorrection, its PWE b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not quitting yet. The game still has some potential. I've spent lots of money and time on this game. I don't want to throw that to waste, yet. Yes, I am one of the many that didn't get the new mount, and it does **** me off. The new packs with the OP gear is also pissing me off, but it's just a game, and I will get over it. If the game keeps going down the same path however...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • invisibleassassin
    invisibleassassin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    people who already quit, won't take the time to reply.
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I Look my main point is...It's a game...now i may spend over 8hrs...or more >.> playing the game but it is still a game. Can you not just enjoy the game for what it is? You complain because everyone else is getting items easier yet in all honesty you are the ones who know you worked hard for your items.
    It's like saying you swam across a lake and you got an awesome badge to prove you did it but a yr later there is a boat that ferries people across if they pay, you think it is horrible because now you can't show off that you can do this amazing feat. I know very abstract but I believe it explained my point.

Now I've been on this game for a year and and I donate money to get items...so I am not a noob.
  • IvoryAngel - Sanctuary
    IvoryAngel - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A lot of my friends will be quitting because they now see players being able to purchase something that took my friends a lot or work to achieve. I won't be quitting, however... I WILL stop putting my money into the game. If some ppl want to pour their real life money into this game to gain short-cuts, then so be it. I don't care what other ppl do, I'm playing this game MY way and for me only. Out of the other F2P games, this is the best one that I have come across so far. I appreciate the things the GMs try to do for us, and I very much appreciate the fact that its free. This game is only a year old, so I'm sure there will be problems here and there. As long as its still up, then I'm happy. b:victory
  • riddiculus
    riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    With the new update... PWE is technically (some will argue officially) a p2p game
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I quit cuz spending 400 dollars a month doesnt seem fun anymore... I rather spend 15 and go to a game with no cash shop :P
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    to all "i quit b:cry " ppl high or low lvl...mail your stuffs for me i need monney ty b:kiss
This discussion has been closed.