edited September 2009
    Options
    who cares XD
    Everyone doing TW against that guy.
  • Ryiah - Heavens Tear
    Ryiah - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    We've had polls like this before. This time however I've noticed the different between the two answers to be much smaller than before. Previously most I've seen is about 10%. Generally just those random QQers who don't like a little something quite right. This time around though is pretty interesting. Almost half those who have voted. Quite a difference I'd say.

But it makes sense. There's only so much the player base can take. I've gone back about 20 pages and have noticed a lot of players don't like any of the patches that have come out - things like the DQ horses poll (almost 50% said they'd like to see it removed from cash shop for good).

I suppose the free mounts are an attempt to reduce complainers by appeasing them. But honestly, from what I've heard from people I've talked to, its just too little too late. Previous I always voted that I'd stay with PWI. In fact, a couple weeks ago I said I'd give it another three months.

I've now changed my opinion - I'm gone. Come the end of this month, I'm out of here. I'm going to start by removing the client, this time deleting my copy right off my backup files (something I rarely do to ANY game I play). I'll also be deleting the clients for every other PWE game. And I won't be considering any new games from them in the future. I gave you a chance to see if you'd mess up your games - looks like you did. Now I'm gone.

Edit: Correction. I just now deleted my backup. The client will be gone by Sunday. Later GMs. Happy being around you. At least you were fun even if the game wasn't really.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    To all the "I'm quitting this game" people, I have one thing to say.

Good riddance. Don't bother to talk/post about quitting..... just do it. Nobody will care.

Remove this forum from your favorites, uninstall the game and move on to something else. Is it really that hard to figure out?
  • KittyPurrs - Sanctuary
    KittyPurrs - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    some items and gear are meant to be rare or hard to obtain... it's the nature of every MMO

giving u the possibility to earn 98% of the game with cashshop isn't really fair

isn't that like saying is a bad game? Lol 98% of the people on there can easily obtain good gear and you know what i think theres more ppl satisfied with then i see ppl satisfied with this game..
    I give a new definition the word "Purr" b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hinode - Harshlands
    Hinode - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah well. Can't really say if to quit or not. But lots of my friends are quitting and it just destroys the enjoyment out of game. And if they don't quit they either have hope it will become better after this ****** up month ends and bear with it until then. Or they become cash players for lulz. b:cry

But really. When I spent the time udpating the game, I was hoping to see something better. b:surrender
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    isn't that like saying WoW is a bad game? Lol 98% of the people on there can easily obtain good gear and you know what i think theres more ppl satisfied with WoW then i see ppl satisfied with this game..
    if I thought was a good game I would be there and not here

try again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm starting to get the same feeling I had when I quit my previous online game, but I'll wait a bit longer and see how it goes, I only do WQ and CS anyway, not in the mood for playing the past few weeks.
  • Bardolph - Harshlands
    Bardolph - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I get the feeling the anniversary boxes won't be around for long, maybe untill the end of the month? I don't give a **** anyway. Sure, I'd like one of those tomes. But I'm not going to pay 50+ euros to get it. I'm still just too busy levelling and helping out my faction mates. When this update passes, gold prices will decrease again, it's as simple as that. Just grind till you drop untill they do, go level with the double exp weekend or heck, buy gold and sell it for major profits.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I get the feeling the anniversary boxes won't be around for long, maybe untill the end of the month? I don't give a **** anyway. Sure, I'd like one of those tomes. But I'm not going to pay 50+ euros to get it. I'm still just too busy levelling and helping out my faction mates. When this update passes, gold prices will decrease again, it's as simple as that. Just grind till you drop untill they do, go level with the double exp weekend or heck, buy gold and sell it for major profits.
    while ppl have insane gear and items made for dollar's sake ?

if a normal player had the chance to be an average player compared to cash shop users now that chance is REALLY low
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i love how one of these polls opens up after each maintenance and "economy breaking" addition =P

not quitting unless my bf drags me to another game that shall not be mentioned against my will b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Regardless of the results of this poll, nothing will change.

I don't think the people in charge of what goes on in this game are stupid. They seem ruthless and indifferent to what happens to many players but their cash flow will only increase with this event. Why? Sure people will be leaving left and right. But guess what. Most of the people leaving will be players who played the game for what it was FREE to play. the ones charging zen at a regular basis will continue to charge zen, perhaps at a higher rate now that their cash will give more bang for the buck with these items that people who have been playing for a while have only dreamed of obtaining. So, leave if you wish and might too, because our leaving will mean nothing more than a couple server spaces.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • t59083
    t59083 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maybe they shouldn't call it a free to play game in that case.
  • asgreborn
    asgreborn Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have not voted yet but 90% I am quitting. I have a lvl 76 cleric and a lvl 69 veno with herc. I have invested 0$ in this game and i have all I need, mounts, gear you name it. However I don't think i'll be staying to buy a nix for 100 mil... at the rate prices are going. Also, being a free player I worked my **** to get everything I want and I am satisfied with that. I don't even have a grudge on cash shop users that bought their gears without doing a single TT. All I hate is GREED. PW management greed, players that sell gold GREED. Many of the people that say, if you wanna quit, then quit are players that pay. Well, after 50% of the free players quit many high levels amongst them as this thread shows, you will be selling gold to one another. Yes, new players will come, but do you think a lvl 1-60 player will buy the gold at the insane prices you ask for it?
    The good part is you will have to work for what you need unless all TT, FC etc mats will be available in boutique. A perfect world. Everyone will be dressed the same (latest boutique fashion) , everyone will have the best Gold armors (bought from boutique), weapons, molds bought from boutique. Only difference between chars will be their lvl's and points distribution.

I don't think I want to stick around to see that happening.

I will give it another month or 2. But if there isn't anything done to control gold prices. PW will be an shallow world full of clones.

Have a nice day and Happy Bday PWI... thanks for ruining it for so many!
    Sanctuary server rules!

Lvl 76 cleric - (bankrupt for now, will be back in the near future)
    Lvl 60 veno - (active, raising funds for herc)

b:bye
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not quitting, these updates make me want to play even more.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Regardless of the results of this poll, nothing will change.

I don't think the people in charge of what goes on in this game are stupid. They seem ruthless and indifferent to what happens to many players but their cash flow will only increase with this event. Why? Sure people will be leaving left and right. But guess what. Most of the people leaving will be players who played the game for what it was FREE to play. the ones charging zen at a regular basis will continue to charge zen, perhaps at a higher rate now that their cash will give more bang for the buck with these items that people who have been playing for a while have only dreamed of obtaining. So, leave if you wish and might too, because our leaving will mean nothing more than a couple server spaces.

This ^^. I will maybe log on just to chat with ppl....or pk if I'm in the mood for it ,do whatever else only when I really really feel like it,you could call that a semi-quit....a bit more than that though :P
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok...This is gonna sound off. Im not sure why people are quitting. The game is 1 year old they say, and it's free for the most part. Unless you want to put money into it.

That being said, it's visualy stunning, they are releasing an expansion with new races, and in it's relatively short life it has more substance than other games I have played.

They need to fix the player economy but otherwise it's a pretty fun game.

I agree. It's a young game that's already made a lot of progress. It just needs to work out a few more problems.

I've managed to run through it without paying a dime, although I have some rich friends. b:chuckle

Although I hate the time it takes to do some of the quests, but then I can go on youtube while my character flies to the other side of the map.

Good luck PWI!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tanjina wrote: »
    I pretty much consider on quitting and switching to some other game.
    it's not about the mounts (congrats to all that got them - you do deserve them), it's not about the gold prices (is not the first time happening),...

But so far it was known - you have to work to get stuff you want. Some things were made easier for people with investing real cash - but basically still - you had to work for your equipment and the path to get it was known to all - we all had to go through it before getting to lvl90 (and further on). It was known that someone with high rank equipment or some obscene crazy TT stuff had to spend lots and lots of time ingame doing FB or TT runs... And you could be ok with that, because you know that people invested their time, hearts and souls in the game and you could sincerely congratulate them :-) you knew they deserved it.

Now some crazy equipment is just given away and is based only on pure pure luck. Just now 1 guy got 5 red announcment in a row for fancy items - someone else migt have bough 100 packs and got only normal luck tokens. So there will be bunch of people walking around in crazy gears and weapons and that will cause inbalance ingame from pvp point of view (although yes it's true - a fool with a tool is still a fool:-)) and cash flow of view (a lvl10 character selling helmet for millions). And the time of the people that really worked hard for their equipment will be worth less and less. So even the mounts they were given for free is just a sand in the eyes.
    Time you spend in the game is worth nothing - doesn't guarantee you that you will get good stuff if you are good in playing your class. The effort you put ingame is worth nothing.
    You can be level1 standing at the auctioneer all the time, being a little good gold merchant, investing little or even no real money and you can end up with crazy equipment if your lucky star positions are in the right alignment on this day even if on your main you do nothing but else crazy stones.

This is a typical example why I wish this game was not "free". I would prefer to spend 15euros a month and have the same possibilites ingame. Work more, get more, work less, get less. Also for xmas and valentines event it was know - wanna get valentine's pendant - go to jewels patch and dig or just kill the thousands of snowman to get the cards. Was the same for everyone. And since then all the expansions are getting worse and worse. They just got lazy with ideas.

This event is epic fail.

Examples of other fails:
    - jolly jones -> did not stabilize economy - made a mess with prices of the event items and others
    - giving dragon quest horses to cash shop -> literally saying to people that worked their asses off with doing dragon quests, their time is worth 20dollars!! and with so many other mounts still waiting in line to be releases - was there really no other option?
    - cube chest coins? - lol - what was the point of that? is just a stupid idea
    And not even going to the area implementing the bosses for quests you get in 80+, but are impossible to kill even at lvl100..
    Do game designers and idea brainstomers even play this game?

So yes - long long qq-ing. I know nobody cares.
    Saying goodbye for a week. The game is ruined for me now. If after a week I'll have the same pointless feeling of doing a belial run, I won't bother with the quitting sale - too many friends are switching to other games already to give stuff to them.
    Just "log off" and "Install new" will do.

You couldn't have explained it any better, but I would like to add:

Even cash shoppers like myself. Spending thousands of dollars on this game for items and then they just turn around and give everything I've spent RL money away for what, a $1. Its extremely sad, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up, I'll just never PK/TW again, because there is no hope. Not even a chance of winning in PK/TW if you weren't one of the "lucky ones".
    I guess you could say I'm jealous, and I guess I would say your right. I've spent at least $4,000.00 USD on this game and don't anything that is compared to what you can now get for $1.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    By the way, if anyone quits on Lost City you're welcome to mail me your stuff!

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    <--- quitting, nothing much else left since u can get everything good if ur rich
  • _Ethereal_ - Lost City
    _Ethereal_ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I very much want to quit atm. But I think I'll hold out a bit longer. Every single week they put out some bs thing that makes everyone run to the cash shop and raises the gold prices insanely (400k on LC atm)

On the old perfect world before they made this gold prices were at 2mil. I see this game going the same way so long as the devs and gm's don't learn economics. They may be getting tons of people to pay rl money on their game, but sooner or later no one will buy anything from them if this bs keeps up.
  • poopie
    poopie Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is ridiculous.

They gone too far with there bull****, seriously.

People worked hard for their Lunar, other rare items. And if you feel like spending some real life money on this game you have a chance to get them now and basically **** on people who worked hard for it. They ruined the game basically. Gold is 300k+ and raising. This sale is 1 month long and not a week where it can recover. BY the time the sale is over - everyone will have crazy gears just because they spent money and the poor will finally give up. You can't grind nowadays to buygold in game - you serious? This is stupid on PWEs part. b:byeGMs look for another job and relay the messages to your devs that their idiots in managing a game. Hopefully some new managment will make a brand new PW and run it the right way and be player biased instead of idiot biased of making money. You lost your fanbase, good go. This game is soon to fail.
  • Hellsblader - Sanctuary
    Hellsblader - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im not going to quit
  • AbaraiRenji_ - Heavens Tear
    AbaraiRenji_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    after this patch i can say, i quit... been 4 moths faming lunar for gear mats and wep mats. same in frostland. wasted TONS of charms completing both places and now u can simple BUY the friggin mats.. hell. that rlly makes me mad. and this is samekind as jolly ****. economy is ruined. way to go Game makers. fking hate u now. so. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "maybe one day u will make it.. but the day aint today"
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well im not going to lie, i did quit for a while, but lets face it. The New classes brought me back, they are going 2 be amazing. And when more people quit=more land 2 claim. So....Tideborn ftw!!!b:victoryb:laughb:pleased

and...DarkSniper was wrong!!! *dances around*
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • deumy
    deumy Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I quit a month ago for another game (what can it be?), but i check back to see how it goes while i'm gone, and wow.. just wow.

Todays patch seemed to me like they're trying to make as much money as possible before a certain event.
    Their marketing is indeed good, they sure manages to sell a lot.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Debating.

I will wait for another week or so to see how things turn out.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • poopie
    poopie Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well im not going to lie, i did quit for a while, but lets face it. The New classes brought me back, they are going 2 be amazing. And when more people quit=more land 2 claim. So....Tideborn ftw!!!b:victoryb:laughb:pleased

really?

Do you spend money on this game then? Cause you seem like you do/will.

If your below 70, going up and having a decent advantage on this game will now be hard. You can't grind in game Gold at 300k . Mobs/quest/w.e. simply dont give you constitent income to justify it. New classes ? On agame where more 90s+ are popping at a pop. You think your going to successfully re-roll a class and think you'll have the same success/easy time you had when PWI came out? Nope, you won't. They ruined the gameplay, its unbalanced. People will be OP cause they spent money compared to people who wanted to play this free and ruin their gameplay satisifcation. This is a FREE-TO-PLAY game and they made it so you HAD to spend money to be successful. All that "grind your ingame coins" bull**** doesn't apply anymore.
  • MaiaElais - Lost City
    MaiaElais - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    poopie wrote: »
    This is ridiculous.

They gone too far with there bull****, seriously.

People worked hard for their Lunar, other rare items. And if you feel like spending some real life money on this game you have a chance to get them now and basically **** on people who worked hard for it. They ruined the game basically. Gold is 300k+ and raising. This sale is 1 month long and not a week where it can recover. BY the time the sale is over - everyone will have crazy gears just because they spent money and the poor will finally give up. You can't grind nowadays to buygold in game - you serious? This is stupid on PWEs part. b:byeGMs look for another job and relay the messages to your devs that their idiots in managing a game. Hopefully some new managment will make a brand new PW and run it the right way and be player biased instead of idiot biased of making money. You lost your fanbase, good go. This game is soon to fail.

This^^

PWI Board Meeting: "Hey guys lets brainstorm ways to force the people who aren't quitting to go to some soon to be realeased game to ragequit our game and go with the rest of them"

Good job PWI /sarcasm.
    ~Carpe Diem~
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well not really because since u have more people going for "new classes" Im going 2 make a Killing. Like i said "supply and demand" all i need 2 say. Gold price wont be an problem for me.
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • idontneedanick
    idontneedanick Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The shine is definitely off this game ... sadly.
This discussion has been closed.