Who's actually quitting?

Comments

• tanjina
    tanjina Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I pretty much consider on quitting and switching to some other game.
    it's not about the mounts (congrats to all that got them - you do deserve them), it's not about the gold prices (is not the first time happening),...

But so far it was known - you have to work to get stuff you want. Some things were made easier for people with investing real cash - but basically still - you had to work for your equipment and the path to get it was known to all - we all had to go through it before getting to lvl90 (and further on). It was known that someone with high rank equipment or some obscene crazy TT stuff had to spend lots and lots of time ingame doing FB or TT runs... And you could be ok with that, because you know that people invested their time, hearts and souls in the game and you could sincerely congratulate them :-) you knew they deserved it.

Now some crazy equipment is just given away and is based only on pure pure luck. Just now 1 guy got 5 red announcment in a row for fancy items - someone else migt have bough 100 packs and got only normal luck tokens. So there will be bunch of people walking around in crazy gears and weapons and that will cause inbalance ingame from pvp point of view (although yes it's true - a fool with a tool is still a fool:-)) and cash flow of view (a lvl10 character selling helmet for millions). And the time of the people that really worked hard for their equipment will be worth less and less. So even the mounts they were given for free is just a sand in the eyes.
    Time you spend in the game is worth nothing - doesn't guarantee you that you will get good stuff if you are good in playing your class. The effort you put ingame is worth nothing.
    You can be level1 standing at the auctioneer all the time, being a little good gold merchant, investing little or even no real money and you can end up with crazy equipment if your lucky star positions are in the right alignment on this day even if on your main you do nothing but else crazy stones.

This is a typical example why I wish this game was not "free". I would prefer to spend 15euros a month and have the same possibilites ingame. Work more, get more, work less, get less. Also for xmas and valentines event it was know - wanna get valentine's pendant - go to jewels patch and dig or just kill the thousands of snowman to get the cards. Was the same for everyone. And since then all the expansions are getting worse and worse. They just got lazy with ideas.

This event is epic fail.

Examples of other fails:
    - jolly jones -> did not stabilize economy - made a mess with prices of the event items and others
    - giving dragon quest horses to cash shop -> literally saying to people that worked their asses off with doing dragon quests, their time is worth 20dollars!! and with so many other mounts still waiting in line to be releases - was there really no other option?
    - cube chest coins? - lol - what was the point of that? is just a stupid idea
    And not even going to the area implementing the bosses for quests you get in 80+, but are impossible to kill even at lvl100..
    Do game designers and idea brainstomers even play this game?

So yes - long long qq-ing. I know nobody cares.
    Saying goodbye for a week. The game is ruined for me now. If after a week I'll have the same pointless feeling of doing a belial run, I won't bother with the quitting sale - too many friends are switching to other games already to give stuff to them.
    Just "log off" and "Install new" will do.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes give me the stuff since i have put up with everyones QQs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes give me the stuff since i have put up with everyones QQs

yet another anti QQer

imput to threads would be better appreciated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I guess inb4lock because all threads are getting locked :(

But look at the stats pretty much even.

Good going Devs. Your going to lost about 45% of your playerbase from what it looks like.
    OmgPwnage
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    some items and gear are meant to be rare or hard to obtain... it's the nature of every MMO

giving u the possibility to earn 98% of the game with cashshop isn't really fair

Actually, since it's free to play it's perfectly fair. The game is designed with the cash shop in mind. Anyways, there's another nature of every MMO you're forgetting. All content becomes either easier to beat (in the case of mobs) or easier to obtain (in the case of items/abilities) as time goes on, only to be replaced by a new top tier. What's the big deal? Even things like hercs and nix's will be replaced by new pets at some point (likely involving hercs/nix's being devalued and new $200 pets taking their place). That's part of the nature of MMO's.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok then well i will be staying because i still enjoy the game and can get by without CS b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Congratulations PWE! Just when you've finally come up with that much needed new content (new races, classes etc), you had to go and ruin it.

WoW did it right, a perfectly timed expansion to counter the release of "you-know-what-game". But we had to get this box which drops ridiculously good items and gear on paying people. I'm impressed by how much they've messed up.

I'm not leaving immediately, I stopped spending on this game/taking it seriously ages ago, but yeaaaah.. in a few weeks i'll be gone too. b:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    Actually, since it's free to play it's perfectly fair. The game is designed with the cash shop in mind. Anyways, there's another nature of every MMO you're forgetting. All content becomes either easier to beat (in the case of mobs) or easier to obtain (in the case of items/abilities) as time goes on, only to be replaced by a new top tier. What's the big deal? Even things like hercs and nix's will be replaced by new pets at some point (likely involving hercs/nix's being devalued and new $200 pets taking their place). That's part of the nature of MMO's.
    the thing about easier things to get as time pass by it's true but yet that doesn't justify the anniversary boxes or the recently patches
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Good going Devs. Your going to lost about 45% of your playerbase from what it looks like.

naa some of nubs uses many diff avatars/accounts to vote

for me its same whos quiting... ill stay even if im last one player on server :D
    edited September 2009
    for me its same whos quiting... ill stay even if im last one player on server :D
    correct, forum polls can't be trusted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009

May be true, but however it's at 45% are quitting, and 55% are staying. I'm only going by the stats and not even stopping to wonder if people are using alt accounts.
    OmgPwnage
  • Samui - Heavens Tear
    Samui - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This game is to fun to quit and there are always new updates that keeps the players interested. b:victory
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Players 1st day of pwi = 5000
    Players after a month of pwi = 25000
    Players after half a year = 24000
    Players after the 1 year anniversary = 10...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "answervery pack" "valetine event" "JJ" "new classes when everyoens near 90" hmmm thes do keep me interested <_<
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *Looks at Gold Prices* WOW!! *Downloads Wow* :D
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hmm damn patch needs to finish faster so i can buy some gold for 500k ea quit for a month and resell it for 1m ea b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hmm yeah my prediction came true, i said gold would be 400k+ by this week.
    warsoul weapon with RL money, WAY TO GO
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    tanjina wrote: »
    But so far it was known - you have to work to get stuff you want. Some things were made easier for people with investing real cash - but basically still - you had to work for your equipment and the path to get it was known to all - we all had to go through it before getting to lvl90 (and further on). It was known that someone with high rank equipment or some obscene crazy TT stuff had to spend lots and lots of time ingame doing FB or TT runs... And you could be ok with that, because you know that people invested their time, hearts and souls in the game and you could sincerely congratulate them :-) you knew they deserved it.

[...]

Time you spend in the game is worth nothing - doesn't guarantee you that you will get good stuff if you are good in playing your class. The effort you put ingame is worth nothing.

I totally agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i'm leaning on quitting really this game is getting too biased towards mid levels for me. sure it's free and everything but one could only put up with the insane gold prices and the difficult of making money so far. once upon a time i harvested mats to make ultimate subs but now i could be running a mat route for 3 houres and only get like 30 of each mat. there is no diversity in the quests only kill and collect. everything in this game as i've state in MANY posts seems to be geared toward high levels. sure perfect shards, super weapons and armor are expected but come on what about low and mid level players? y the high levels are the main ones that benifit in wraith attacks? why is it set so only high levels could stand a chance in TW? then there are the bugs! i know they are working on the problems but some of them can be REALY annoying, like the rubber band bug, which resulted in my death countless times. the only think keeping me here is the fact that i invested so much dam RL cash into this game to buy items>:/ but that may change soon depending on how this next expansion plays out
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    im going to let go of pwi soon, if this trend continues.

while im not against the occasional spike of prices, the recent seemingly continueous sales is just too unbearing. There is already a base that gold prices can dip to, 140k-160k (because of the 1m CoF boxes), which is bearable. but do u see those prices nowadays? No. Sales after sales. well i understand the need for sales, but dont u think a sales every week is just too much?

Besides, nothing is rare in Perfect world. Bikinis, once a deemly rare item that only the best can get, is now prevelant in west district. DQ horses, once a reward item to show ones status, roaming about the streets of West district. Whats next, the gold mane that people spent 24+++m for? Nothing is rare on pwi, face it.

While the fact stands that i do acknowledge the efforst that pwi team has put in, and an almost perfect game that is created for us, there has been flaws too. While i understand that nothing is perfect, but im afraid nothing has been done to try to perfect this imperfections. What we see, are emphasis on more sales after sales.

Sales to drain off coins? no, rather, sales to drain off irl cash. Sales that are vital to a gameplay. Cash shops are meant to give a cash payer an edge over non paying ones, but to make Gold hammers a neccessity for lv 50 stash boxes? going by current prices, one would have to pay 800k-1m to get a gold, which gives them that weap thats untradable and a flawless citrine that goes for 300k max now.

A perfect world, an irony in the game title itself. How perfect can a world get, unable to escape the inevitable fate of money?
  • kaka3hi
    kaka3hi Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    more and more people getting that 100m worth rare weapons b:cryb:cry
  • Vezz - Heavens Tear
    Vezz - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "Premonition" : Just keep you gold and coins, Warsouls weapons will be at 5gold 2 weeks after the anniversary is over. Packs of 100 weeding candy(20rep) will be released 2 weeks after for 1 gold each.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "Premonition" : Just keep you gold and coins, Warsouls weapons will be at 5gold 2 weeks after the anniversary is over. Packs of 100 weeding candy(20rep) will be released 2 weeks after for 1 gold each.

Quoted for truth b:chuckle
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dont want ppl to quit it will be lonely on here if ppl do
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I probably wont quit, I made some pretty neat friends, and odd ones too. >.>b:thanks

Anyways this game is cool, but yea these new packs are hurting the economy. Hmm I wonder the gold prices on HT atmb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dont want ppl to quit it will be lonely on here if ppl do

Well you cant force people to keep playing if they dont want tob:surrender

Personnaly, ill keep playing cause i like this gameb:victory, ive met a lot of friendsb:cute and its one of the rare game where i can kick my brother's buttb:sin lol XD
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    kaka3hi wrote: »
    more and more people getting that 100m worth rare weapons b:cryb:cry

who cares XD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaka3hi
    kaka3hi Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    haihz... I wonder if PW would end up with the same fail game from acclame...

Sigh...
  • Rhyss - Dreamweaver
    Rhyss - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Right now, Im getting a lot of enjoyment out of the grind. I know others say that the grind for gold and loot is bad, but I sort of like it. As a casual player Im much enjoying gathering mats, and my little genie eats my experience so I dont have to level so I can get more mats

Truthfully the gold prices are insain, but I think crafting things can be rewarding. I like to craft things and then sell them to people or I like to do lots of things in the game. Mostly crafting, but some questing too.

b:bye
    Rhyss - Ever friendly Cleric.
    Guild - Exiled
    <---- I am not a boy b:chuckle
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, I can't afford my old P2P MMO at the moment and there aren't any better F2P ones, so I'm not headed anywhere.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
This discussion has been closed.