Who's actually quitting?

Options

Comments

• Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well I for one am going to quit. Actually I quit the other day, but just going on a leave of absence until things become more balanced. I loved PWI ever since I joined back in November 08. I have supported PWI by spending hundreds of dollars in the CS. A part of me regrets it but everything must come to an end at one point or another, and a rebirth usually follows suite. A lot of MMORPGS, TCG's and the such have had at one point a major death. PW may not die completley, but alot of players will spread the word on F2P PWI being P2P PWI to be on par with others to make the game balanced, but that is business, and alot of businesses tend to like making money over the satisfaction of their customers.

For now I will be spending 15 bucks a month on a widely popular MMORPG to see the difference in both gameplay and community. For now I bid PWI farewell and I hope to see you in the future, and yes PWI's Birthday event has caused the fates to start cutting the golden thread of life.

Good luck to the GM's and MODS.
  • dandanxp
    dandanxp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I kinda wish there was a third option. I'm probably just going to be playing less. --And it's not just because of the gold rate thing or the anniversary pack thing or whatever. I've just been getting a less than favorable feeling towards PWI this past week. It's just kinda started feeling a little like playing Evony (if you know what that's like). I think with the recent increasing fixation on real money, it's just been tainting what is an otherwise enjoyable game for me....and I don't mean that PWI seems to be turning into a p2p, but just that having so much emphasis on real money in general really takes away from the fun for me. Like, the offers thing. I tried that a couple days ago for the first time and it was more unpleasant than anything else. It's poorly set up with very little information or even direction on where to get information (I'll move on, because I feel a rant coming), and then a few hours after I'd completed two of the "pays in minutes" offers, it started getting really unpleasant because I was getting every indication that I was getting ripped off, and that I pointlessly gave all my information to a marketing agency for fraudulent offers that PWI assured me were legitimate. I checked when I woke up, and I still had nothing. I checked when I got home from work to find I had finally been paid 2772 ZEN and the offer finally showed a finished status. So, yay, I got 27+ dollars worth of free ZEN, but really, the whole situation just felt pointless. To be sitting on my computer signing up for random things online and then cancelling the accounts, for the purpose of getting fake money, didn't really embody the fun I envisioned having playing an F2PMMORPG like PWI. And then the anniversary packs thing just made it feel even more like real money was being too much of a focal point. On top of that, this is happening as I'm hitting lvl 46 as an archer, and things are really slowing down in the fun department (just bad timing, I guess) and it seems like I'm constantly battling a coin-shortage in trying to make my way through the quests and up the levels. I think choosing to do a few dragon quests in a row really killed some of the fun because all of the destinations are spaced out almost as far from the last one as possible so it becomes a game of alt-click-go do something else for 10 or 15 minutes, and repeat. It just seems that more and more (and some of this is to be expected as part of leveling up in an RPG of any kind) that the "story" was vanishing, that the quests were almost intentionally trying to make you feel like you're not going to be able to enjoy it as much if you don't pay for the special stuff, like a fast land mount or whatever. And being constantly reminded of real money's as-of-late increased importance in the game, by my faction chat being filled with messages from Duke indirectly trying to tempt me into buying more anniversary packs at the expense of making squad and faction chat almost unreadable (yeah, i'm sure in the inclusion options, there's probably a checkbox i can uncheck to not show those messages for a given chat, but if you were going to point that out to me, then you're missing the point entirely...). I don't know. I'm actually thinking of starting a new character in one of the new classes or something to make things more enjoyable again. But in response to the poll question, I'll probably be playing significantly less for at least the near future. All the things that have been happening/changing lately, both with PWI in general as well as my character's progression and general entertainment value of the gameplay lately, it's just been a lot less fun to play. I mean, I could go on (obviously) into all sorts of specifics about what makes this game enjoyable, what doesn't, and plenty of other things, but I think I've gone on quite long enough. This is the end of side A. Please flip the tape over to side B when you hear the chime. [chime sound]
  • malator
    malator Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not too shabby, you were certainly entertaining, but I think AndromedaB has you beat. You really can't beat the line, "(certain famous evil German dictator) PROBABLY LOVED THE (certain ethnic group) MORE THAN THE GMS LOVE THEIR PLAYERS". I took a screen-shot.
    b:thanks
    zzz everyone QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ
    i just quit today (1 hour ago) and i'm not QQ-ing it was a nice game, its over now let's move on b:bye

too true b:sad
    Well I for one am going to quit. Actually I quit the other day, but just going on a leave of absence until things become more balanced. I loved PWI ever since I joined back in November 08. I have supported PWI by spending hundreds of dollars in the CS. A part of me regrets it but everything must come to an end at one point or another, and a rebirth usually follows suite. A lot of MMORPGS, TCG's and the such have had at one point a major death. PW may not die completley, but alot of players will spread the word on F2P PWI being P2P PWI to be on par with others to make the game balanced, but that is business, and alot of businesses tend to like making money over the satisfaction of their customers.

For now I will be spending 15 bucks a month on a widely popular MMORPG to see the difference in both gameplay and community. For now I bid PWI farewell and I hope to see you in the future, and yes PWI's Birthday event has caused the fates to start cutting the golden thread of life.

Good luck to the GM's and MODS.But PWE management can go **** themselves
    b:sad
  • Majera - Dreamweaver
    Majera - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well I just started so Im not quitting, but I do understand how some of the older players feel cheated though, cause I've seen the same thing happen on almost every mmorpg ive played in one form or another. I played MS for a long long time and worked hard for the rare weapons not to mention the horrid grindfests to level up, then as time went on those same weapons where given away in their version of lottery, or became buyable off other players without having to even do the quests nessasery to get them. and people could simply buy their way and leech to a high level in no time at all, we're talking from level 1 to level cap in a few days to a week. So in the end all the hard work I put in seemed totally and utterly worthless. So I do understand why some people would feel cheated. But in time and I am assuming that this will be the case here as well, those coveted Items were replaced with better and even more awesome things and thus a new set of Rare items came to pass. So even though it really stinks right now I am sure that the GM's would never purposly self destruct their own game and are planning something to surprise us all somehow, making both new players and old happy. At least I am hoping so XD I really enjoy the community here, which is why I left the other game after 4 years of dealing with rude immature kids who think older players whouldn't be allowed to play these types of games unless your some kind of freak or something, and I am hoping that somehow this will all work out and some sort of salvation will occur with time. Course then again I cant afford to buy any of the annivesary stuffs anyhow so it doesn't effect me as much as it would others, but all good things come to those who wait or so I have learned is offen the case :)
  • dynamite159
    dynamite159 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not quitting, i'm just seriously bored.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'd hate to be a new player joining the game right now to try it out ^^ I mean, when I joined it was 100k gold, 300k charms and an amazing economy, few bugs, nice content player base and I loved the game to bits.
    But being a new player and getting hurled down into 400k gold land with 1,5m charms, endless duke spam, a long list of bugs, unsatisfied player base, cash shop users becoming insanely rich....then being told this is the first few days of the next entire month of this?

Would you stay? b:laugh
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Speaking as a fairly new player, yes, yes I would stay, and yes I will stay. b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Spent alot, didnt get anything worthwhile, but not quitting b:pleased im actually enjoying the QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have to stay, at least long enough to get a pair of Pants of Dark Hades just so I can say I have evil pants. b:laugh
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Half of those who even say they're seriously quiting don't or, instead, lurk.

The main reason why is because exclaiming things like "OMG I quit!" and threats about the player-base vastly declining and the game coming to an end is a subconscious scare tactic to try and make the company grovel and do as they say as a beg for forgiveness. Some of those who do quit come back later anyway, wherever in a few days or after several months. Just because 10% are constantly posting (and from multiple accounts too) they'll quit doesn't mean PWI will lose 10% of the active players. In fact, it's like a cat or dog when they're scared or angry....their hair stands on end to make them look larger and scarier than they really are.

I'm staying with PWI for at least a bit longer. I have no plans to move on any time soon.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Speaking as a fairly new player, yes, yes I would stay, and yes I will stay. b:victory

Well, yea, if you are somehow magically untouched by the economy and never have to buy a charm or an inv extension or anything that's not from an npc, yea i would stay too.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can make do without inventory extensions and charms, if I feel it's absolutely necessary to get a charm or something from the cash shop, I'll just pay $10, well less than I'd pay for a new Wii game or something anyway, heck, I spend more for a night at the theater.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can make do without inventory extensions and charms.

Dude, i really don't mean it in an offensive way but is your lvl actually 32? Cuz if you've never been kicked out of a squad cuz you couldn't bubble in TT then you really have absolutely no clue what you're talking about... Geez, most people in HL did 30 in 2-4 days...
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Half of those who even say they're seriously quiting don't or, instead, lurk.

The main reason why is because exclaiming things like "OMG I quit!" and threats about the player-base vastly declining and the game coming to an end is a subconscious scare tactic to try and make the company grovel and do as they say as a beg for forgiveness. Some of those who do quit come back later anyway, wherever in a few days or after several months. Just because 10% are constantly posting (and from multiple accounts too) they'll quit doesn't mean PWI will lose 10% of the active players. In fact, it's like a cat or dog when they're scared or angry....their hair stands on end to make them look larger and scarier than they really are.

I'm staying with PWI for at least a bit longer. I have no plans to move on any time soon.
    Yes you are exactly right. It's all a conspiracy. /tinfoilhat

You wouldn't understand anything being a low level carebear.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Dude, i really don't mean it in an offensive way but is your lvl actually 32? Cuz if you've never been kicked out of a squad cuz you couldn't bubble in TT then you really have absolutely no clue what you're talking about... Geez, most people in HL did 30 in 2-4 days...

Don't think I've ever fought the Teen Titans in this game, and I don't think I have any spells named bubble.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

*looks down at the low lvl 95*

carebeaPWI.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Don't think I've ever fought the Teen Titans in this game, and I don't think I have any spells named bubble.

ROFLMAOL Checkmate, i'm out. One of the best forum answers i've ever received, i swear i'm not being sarcastic. Yea $10 bucks for a couple of charms... that will tie you over till next month. b:chuckle
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ROFLMAOL Checkmate, i'm out. One of the best forum answers i've ever received, i swear i'm not being sarcastic. Yea $10 bucks for a couple of charms... that will tie you over till next month. b:chuckle

he's a wiz!

well... actually it's even worse to my class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not really, you assume that my gaming experience revolves around whatever the heck TT is supposed to mean. Mostly I just focus on solo work, call in a guildmate or two if there's a boss I need some help with. I don't need charms, and my inventory is quite large enough on it's own.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    he's a wiz!

well... actually it's even worse to my class

I'm a veno dude, that's not the thing... it was just a random example... genius answer, i'm so pwned!

@Rurik; please don't bait me man, there are like 11 mean things i could say based on what you just wrote, please dude, your answer really made me laugh so much i don't wanna start a flame war with you. I really don't think you have seen enough of the game to say anything about it's economy or how the CS works, but i was a bit of a jerk and you turned it on me using wit, i respect that. So, please let it slide cuz i really i'm pissed off about the event.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

*looks down at the low lvl 95*

carebeaPWI.jpg

i also stopped leveling this character 4 months ago :D

and that looks like a blade warrior... enough said.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm a veno dude, that's not the thing... it was just a random example... genius answer, i'm so pwned!

@Rurik; please don't bait me man, there are like 11 mean things i could say based on what you just wrote, please dude, your answer really made me laugh so much i don't wanna start a flame war with you. I really don't think you have seen enough of the game to say anything about it's economy or how the CS works, but i was a bit of a jerk and you turned it on me using wit, i respect that. So, please let it slide cuz i really i'm pissed off about the event.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your meaning, thought when you said checkmate you were implying I was in checkmate. b:chuckle
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood your meaning, thought when you said checkmate you were implying I was in checkmate. b:chuckle

No, mate, i meant me. NP dude.

And Deceptistar, i'm in Sanct and that cartoon ofends even me, please don't.
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This game as the title was called "Perfect" when it first came out. People helping lower levels, 100k or less for gold in the AH. Players selling CS items at equal prices. No QQing in WC. Everything was "Perfect" That is until the Spring event with the first JJ event. Then gold prices and item costs were starting to increase. Slowly but surely. Then PWI realized they were making a fortune so they decided to implement events geared towards the high end players so they would be the gods or goddesses of the game so they could buy CS items for insane amount of $$$$ then reselling them ingame at triple the price and thus the downfall of the game started. Maybe this event is the critical point in the downfall and maybe PWI will realize the mistake they made and get back to what matters most.....To Listen to its members of PWI Community......

I just hope PWI figures it out before its too late.
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Currently on a break and I've been making up my mind to quit. Perfect World is the first MMORPG, I've ever played and I've been lured in by the graphics and Character customization (I like these things).

Now, I don't know guys, I'm not sure if the game is fun anymore. Moving a bit aside of the gold issue, if I'm going to need 923942394 charms later on to do TT runs, Wtf am I going to do? Because, I'm one of these people who can't afford cash shop items, and if I'm going to group with greedy ****, I'm going to be ****ed. Same goes for quests, I'm a cleric and I try to do my own damned quests without help, but there are some quests that I am not able to solo; how the hell am I going to take down Suzerix? Also, once I died because I was helping someone, there were 1000 other clerics around, nobody was willing to rez, what the hell guys?

I might stick around for the new EP, I think it's worth a look. I'm still on the fence, right now and I'll see how things work out, when I go back.

And I've been playing that game (you know...that new game with these two factions trying to one up each other and with a server controlled faction in between), on my bud's pc and account for a while now, he's been in it since the korean beta, and I've been loving it so far! if he says it's okay and if we start sharing an account, I consider it a great alterntive

Oh and yeah, if I'm going to have to listen to a brat who open their mouth at every ****ing item they get handed out to them on a fkin' silver platter by mooshing off their high lvls friends, that also takes the fun out of the game.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I can provide a rational post based on experience and from what I have learnt from a brilliant teacher at college on a theory about why there is so much 'QQ' and why such companies should not and will not act on these threats so much, while all you can post is a couple of cheesy insults?

You don't understand. But that's just me and how I word things. It's very common for everyone to do so regardless of which PK environment they're from. But insulting other players and PWI for the sake of it gets you no where and instead may get you banned and other players will inevitably look down at you.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No one is saying they are leaving as a scare tactic. They are saying they are leaving because the game is now ****ed and they are kind of pissed off that a year was wasted on this expensive 3d chatroom.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't know if any of you thought about this but perfect world is falling apart just like the world we live in lolb:laugh
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Are you serious? This thread got to 25 pages? o_o

^^ b:victory
    OmgPwnage
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Are you serious? This thread got to 25 pages? o_o

^^ b:victory
    ya mostly flamed by ppl saying there quitting too lolb:laugh
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
This discussion has been closed.