Who's actually quitting?

Comments

• RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Last time I checked, there is no mandatory requirement to have TT/Lunar/Legendary/whatever equipment. Believe it or not, it IS possible to play the game without them.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Last time I checked, there is no mandatory requirement to have TT/Lunar/Legendary/whatever equipment. Believe it or not, it IS possible to play the game without them.

Carebear reply. Anyone playing this game for pvp might as well leave. They got hit the hardest imo.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Sure... If you happen to be a person who likes being pathetic compared to most others. There's a reason why people aren't usually wearing storebought, white, unsharded gear past level 70. What you CAN do and what is PRACTICAL to do are two entirely different things. There is no mandatory requirement to level past level 1 either...

The problem is not that there is some sort of requirement, or even that some people happen to have that shiny gear for spending almost no effort, but instead that making that gear more available to others who spent no effort, while there are those who have put months of playing into earning their equipment, or getting close is just an absolute insult to the player. It basically says that all effort spent is meaningless if you can borrow your parent's credit card. This is why other f2p games go to ****, and why this one is quickly turning into ****. Once you get to higher levels, the only point of playing is to be working toward some goal, you remove that goal, or make it meaningless, and you make playing meaningless. Why go in TT or do raids when you end up having to spend 2-4 times for that raid than you make? Although giving away these items to people who havn't earned them is a slap in the face to those who have, or were getting close, the real loss is that it ends up making it where the item is not a sign of work, or ability, but instead a sign that you have money.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Carebear reply. Anyone playing this game for pvp might as well leave. They got hit the hardest imo.

Seconding this.

And anyone who worked hard to obtain their gear because mats like this would "never be available for purchase from the botique" basically just got slapped in the face and spit on.

Now, though? EXP is getting sold pretty much directly (90k exp per gold via oracle 2s), "Rare" tones and gears that were only available through hard work are being given like candy if the random number generator smiles in your favor. Anyone who used to want to try grinding for gold is getting the shaft. Oh and Duke's gone nuts and now everyone just wants him dead.

The game's free to play if you're below level 50 and you're on a PvP server. Past that, though... well.... this is some pretty expensive looking "free".
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    Sure... If you happen to be a person who likes being pathetic compared to most others. There's a reason why people aren't usually wearing storebought, white, unsharded gear past level 70. What you CAN do and what is PRACTICAL to do are two entirely different things. There is no mandatory requirement to level past level 1 either...

The problem is not that there is some sort of requirement, or even that some people happen to have that shiny gear for spending almost no effort, but instead that making that gear more available to others who spent no effort, while there are those who have put months of playing into earning their equipment, or getting close is just an absolute insult to the player. It basically says that all effort spent is meaningless if you can borrow your parent's credit card. This is why other f2p games go to ****, and why this one is quickly turning into ****. Once you get to higher levels, the only point of playing is to be working toward some goal, you remove that goal, or make it meaningless, and you make playing meaningless. Why go in TT or do raids when you end up having to spend 2-4 times for that raid than you make? Although giving away these items to people who havn't earned them is a slap in the face to those who have, or were getting close, the real loss is that it ends up making it where the item is not a sign of work, or ability, but instead a sign that you have money.
    Quoting just in case the mods delete probably the best post on these forums.
  • lumpkin
    lumpkin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes FooFooKity is quitting the game LVL 91 barb played since last sept faithfully on a daily basis...so long to all my friends ive met ingame hope to meet up with u where ever we go..look for FooFooKity in the other games and with any luck u will see me there
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Nobody I know is quitting so far.

Or at least, noone I care about b:chuckle
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Devoted, please tell me what game you're playing. I might try, but probably won't be satisfied because PVP in MMOs are dead. The era of MMOs with good PVP system is over. Almost all have been discontinue, or had updates that affected it drastically.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Although giving away these items to people who havn't earned them is a slap in the face to those who have, or were getting close, the real loss is that it ends up making it where the item is not a sign of work, or ability, but instead a sign that you have money.
    b:sad So true....

Oh if anyone from sanc is quitting... Can I have your stuff? b:cute
    Support the poor!
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Just a game that gives a level playing field. It's overhyped and currently won't live up to it's potential unless more things are added. The pvp feels the closest to **** than any other game and as long as the pvp is balanced i'm good.

wow.. they filtered out dark age of camelot? the game is over9000 years old - there is no competition to be worried about ... wow.
  • Vezz - Heavens Tear
    Vezz - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A guild filled with players thinking this way will never win in TW.
  • elvensit
    elvensit Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It is Kinda sad, but u know its time to quit when lvl 19 players walk around with tt100 weapons in their invy and u have to farm it at 0.005 percent drop rate.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm still trying to reach 100, that's probably when I'll quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm still trying to reach 100, that's probably when I'll quit.

Can I have your stuff when you do? b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I joined a few weeks ago, I'm level 30 and I'm proud to say I earned it the hard way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashera - Harshlands
    Ashera - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Many people who are actually quitting do not read the forums anymore, for the obvious reason that they are GONE from the game.
  • kaka3hi
    kaka3hi Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I joined a few weeks ago, I'm level 30 and I'm proud to say I earned it the hard way

that is not even the beginning of the game yet....
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm quiting, this game has been ruined by the gms. What did you gms think was going to happen? the cash shoppers now have impossible items. gold lunar gear. items stacked with 4 g11 shards. This agme is now a joke to 75% of the player base.

Gms you really messed up now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm quiting, this game has been ruined by the gms. What did you gms think was going to happen? the cash shoppers now have impossible items. gold lunar gear. items stacked with 4 g11 shards. This agme is now a joke to 75% of the player base.

Gms you really messed up now.

Touche. 10 char.
  • boobuddy
    boobuddy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Boobuddy (81 cleric) and Rosebuddy (73 veno w/herc and phoenix) are no longer in the game. Its too bad all the time and money I spent in the game and now my stuff is worthless and just going to sit and rot so gms can line their pockets but not with my money anymore.
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I just wish all the high level people who made attention seeking posts about quitting would actually do it.

Newsflash: Logging on everyday to one-shot low/mid levels is NOT quiting.

I can name (but won't) at least two players who after posting that they are quitting are still very active griefers. Ok, your're bored with the game, I get it. You can't wait for whatever its called to be released. I get it. Stop talking about quiting and QUIT so those of us who still enjoy the game can play in peace.

Ohh by the way outside of your inner circle uber high level click the other 99% of PW DOESNT CARE!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adawehi
    adawehi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes, it "was" the best "free" mmo out there, but greed from the devs on down, have totally trashed it for me and hundreds (most likely thousands) more. My whole guild is leaving. PWI is not player oriented like other good games, just wallet oriented. yes they have to make money, but, they have caused massive inflation due to sale after sale and driving up gold prices, plus adding buy it now things that people have worked so hard for and gave no compensation to them. Now their items are not worth spit. Giving the players perks that do not cost money, will encourage players to spend money. Thats basic mmo strategy they forgot, or never knew. The expansion will fail due to the new class being a waterborn class, which makes me believe they will start in water at noob town, and I have never met anyone that likes to play/grind in water here. Today marks one year for me. I quit, and deleted the game from my pc. GL to you all, cya in another game :)
  • SnowFalling - Dreamweaver
    SnowFalling - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Im playing this game until I'm able to afford a P2P game.

I'm tired of F2P games where the sole focus of every single update is the cash shop, and they actually have some customer service.

I agree. Sadly, I think PWI is turning into [removed] <---- Just like aforementioned game.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There should be a "maybe" option.

I'm not "Quitting" but I sure as heck am not "loving" PWI the way I used to.

Well on the positive side this is a Free to Play Game in the sense that you can just log in from time to time do CS etc without a monthly fee.

From PWE's standpoint I think they expect a certain percentage of people to leave.

The only ones who they really prefer not to leave are the heavy Cash shop spenders. Those are loving the spike in Gold prices and all the cheap stuff they can now buy.
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am not quitting. I see no reason to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Moonieyue - Dreamweaver
    Moonieyue - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:chuckle im semi-quit atm and thinking of quiting completely.

when i just on and see gold at 425k my heart sink. i still can afford some if the gold around 200k but 400k-450k just too much for me. just grind and wondering around west archo while reading system announce of the ppl who acquire things from anniversary gift which i cant afford and the other guild mates chit chat happily about things they got, is not the way i enjoy playing games, i feel so left out.
    for some ppl just said "get lost u non cash player go play chess" true, i take this comment. and i wont QQ-ing or bashing those who can afford zhen (they spent money they deserve the best things in PWI) just tell what im feeling about this game.

i used to like this game, but im a non cash player, i cant afford zhen (yes this is true) maybe i just on to do my dailys until i really forget to play PWI. b:cry
    I'm a cleric.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gee, all the people claiming that Perfect World is going to die because most of the players will be quitting sure don't seem to be supported by numbers. Judging from this poll over 50% of the fanbase will continue playing, and the portion leaving will be replaced soon enough by new players. b:chuckle
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gee, all the people claiming that Perfect World is going to die because most of the players will be quitting sure don't seem to be supported by numbers. Judging from this poll over 50% of the fanbase will continue playing, and the portion leaving will be replaced soon enough by new players. b:chuckle

So true. I see new players flooding the newbie cities every day and those players have no clue as to the history of Gold prices. It won't be long before 500K per gold is just considered normal. Just like a Silvermane is now just a common horse.

Much as some of the new things really annoy me, I still haven't found a better MMO, F2P or P2P ... yet.

Oh and the players that delete their accounts with tons of great gear and coin. That's a great way to remove coin from the economy quickly. Maybe thats what PWI has up their sleeve ROFLMAO.
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I stood up for PWI a lot but honestly this event thing is stupid. I am quitting
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well I cant get back into Legendary and all this **** is happening but I still have friends on pw. I will still play but I will by no means be obsessing over pw anymore since I will never stand a chance against the rich players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
This discussion has been closed.