Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• malinda1
    malinda1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanx, that was really helpful. thanx for taking the time and effort to make it.
    Appreciate it!!! Great guide!!!!!!
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When you shard your armors you should use HP (Citrine Shards), because evasion and magic defense shards are useless for low levels.

And depending on your build Accuracy (VIT build) or Physical attack (DEX Build) shards for weapons.

what about the necklaces, rings and belts...should i go for resistance to elements (mag) or phys def or evasion???
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    what about the necklaces, rings and belts...should i go for resistance to elements (mag) or phys def or evasion???

Physical defense for low levels, Magic Defense for high levels (can be changed depending on the playing style for Physical defense).
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hey Lyndura another question if you don't mind. Comparing dex and vit build, is there any point to going dex build if you can just get 2 misty rings to make up for the accuracy? If a vit build has 2 mistys they wouldn't need to worry about accuracy, and the only advantages that the dex build has would be a couple more crit %, and more evasion (useless against magic classes), and more weapon choices. For pvp so far I haven't had an issue, but I'm wondering in the higher levels will the extra hp I can get from changing to vit build be worth the loss in evasion and crit %?
  • __Leonidas__ - Sanctuary
    __Leonidas__ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    im a lvl 48 POLEARM BM i run my stats a bit differently also ive found out a neat trick with ur linar skills to line therm up quickly and thats to use ur leap skills how ever this WILL NOT WORK WITH RANGED MOBS
    edited July 2009
    Yes, Polearm is more likely going to deal more damage to a single target, though, remember that the equipment has a high importance for the performance of a Blademaster, so the one with better gear will outdamage the other most of the time.

Spear has less AoE but more single target, and Axe has more AoE but less single target.

You won't really be doing solo dungeon runs, since for your level, you will always need an squad to suceed at it, and if you want to solo, then you would need to be higher level and run low level runs, but it's not really worth it.

If you want to only focus on PvE, both are good for it, but I would suggest Axe/Hammer slightly more, since it's easier to attack many enemies at once and higher VIT to tank.

Annoucement: Changed the "Stats" section of the guide.

lmfao linar AoEs are just as good as the radius AoEs u just gotta know how to do it fast ever heard of leap back skill trust me it works and i can take down up to 4 mobs or more
    like **** people stop critizing how crappy Polearm BMs are there just as good as an axe/hammer BM u just gotta learn how to use ur skills as a Polearm BM
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol I think Lyndura knows that...
    Her favorite weapon path is polearm if im not mistaken ^_^
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Hey Lyndura another question if you don't mind. Comparing dex and vit build, is there any point to going dex build if you can just get 2 misty rings to make up for the accuracy? If a vit build has 2 mistys they wouldn't need to worry about accuracy, and the only advantages that the dex build has would be a couple more crit %, and more evasion (useless against magic classes), and more weapon choices. For pvp so far I haven't had an issue, but I'm wondering in the higher levels will the extra hp I can get from changing to vit build be worth the loss in evasion and crit %?

VIT build focus more in surviving.

The loss of evasion, accuracy and critical hit chance will be worth it for the extra HP you will get from VIT if you can use rings with +% accuracy and +% critical, even more if you use a +5% HP necklace.

Of course, you need a weapon that doesn't rely that much on criticals to kill, so Dual Axes or Polearm would be good options, specially if you get ones with Berserker effect.

DEX focus more into offensive, dealing damage.

The loss of HP from VIT will be worth it for the extra accuracy, evasion and critical hit chance that you will get from DEX, as long as you can make it up for your HP with refinement, to avoid being a "one shot".

This build gives more weapons to use, and makes the ones with already high damage even better with the high % to get a critical.

People will have different opinions about both builds and saying that one is better, etc. But in my experience both builds are good, they suit different playing styles and different roles.

So it is up to you to choose what you think will be the best for you.
    unoxx wrote: »

Correct =)
    edited July 2009
    unoxx wrote: »

same here but damn we pole BMs can aoe just the same as Axes/hammers u just gotta know how to use ur skills wisely... ever since i hit 29 took me 2 mins to figure that leap back is really effective for linar aoes Drake sweep and Glacial spike will help even more
    edited July 2009
    To be honest that's pretty much it, unless you're using single blade. Then your move should consist of mainly normal attack, spark, diamond sutra, marrow physical, and the occasional aeolian blade to cancel magic attack. It's true we don't have a lot of combos. I really suggest using aeolian blade first later on because of the mag mob increase; it never hurts to stun first.

well swords are ment for a Single targets so id reccomend Drakes Sweep fast cool dowm and Radius AoE useable by all wepeons
    edited July 2009
    Wow lol i can't get enough of this post.

Of course I don't know ANYTHING about PvP, this is why I'm in a big PvP guild on my server OHHHHH and I also run around red named OHHHHH and I have a good kill ranking WOW I DIDNT KNOW I WAS SO GOOD AT PVP WHAT A SHOCKER. Hence I can post here about PvP. So you can kindly STFU lol

hehe Wyeth ive actually met a fist BM at lvl 42 i was 43 at the time i PvPed hm and he actually won and im pure str / bit of dex Poleblade BM the reason he won is cause of his high Dex had enough str to wear heavy armor rest DEX no VIT he had high envasion/ dodgr and 7% crit rate thats why its like trying to PK a Archer ur own lvl
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    same here but damn we pole BMs can aoe just the same as Axes/hammers u just gotta know how to use ur skills wisely... ever since i hit 29 took me 2 mins to figure that leap back is really effective for linar aoes Drake sweep and Glacial spike will help even more

First off thanks lyndura for answering my question. Secondly leonidas the main difference between axe and polearm aoe is convenience. Axe bms can just gather some mobs and then spam skills, no need for leap back or anything like that.
  • luciusdomitius
    luciusdomitius Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wow thankS for the great guide! IM GONNA DO IT
  • Goldenrawr - Dreamweaver
    Goldenrawr - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is helpful, but for a HUGE noob like me whoes just started playing, I'd love it if someone could tell me where I go to get my skills, or who my job instructor is and who do I talk with to choose my path and all that jazz.

Thanks in advance.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hello there, I'm planning to make a Blademaster for fun.

When I first entered this thread, I was determined to go as a Fist Master, but now, I guess I'm going to be a PoleArm Master.

Just want to see if this is an okay build:

Even Levels: 3 Str | 2 Dex
    Odd Levels: 3 Str| 2 Vit

So, I added a little more Strength than you suggested, but I think I will prefer the extra damage, and I think the 2 Vitality per 2 levels will be sufficient, feed back, please?
    Belligero
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Hello there, I'm planning to make a Blademaster for fun.

When I first entered this thread, I was determined to go as a Fist Master, but now, I guess I'm going to be a PoleArm Master.

Just want to see if this is an okay build:

Even Levels: 3 Str | 2 Dex
    Odd Levels: 3 Str| 2 Vit

So, I added a little more Strength than you suggested, but I think I will prefer the extra damage, and I think the 2 Vitality per 2 levels will be sufficient, feed back, please?

Yes, it is ok. I could give a better feed back if you tell me what you're planning to build your BM for.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Okay, thanks.

I want my BM to be a damage dealer, basically. He's going to be a Poleblade BM, and since I play on sanctuary, I'd probably want him well versed and rounded in both PvE and PvP.

And since it's an ALT, I'll be soloing most of the time, so I want some decent defense, but not so much as to overshadow my offense. I still want to be more offensive oriented.

I would like to be able to take out bosses one on one, quickly and efficiently as well.

Also, for the Leaping Skills, I think I would just choose Leap Back out of the two, and max that. [Less Chi Cost, and if you can just simply turn a 180 and use it if you need to move the other direction.]

Thanks again :D
    Belligero
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    You are doing a 3 STR | 1 VIT | DEX per level build, which is the balanced Axe build.

With that build you will be able to use both weapons paths, Polearm and Axe/Hammer, that means you will have everything needed to solo without problems. The extra STR will give Polearm a good boost in damage (the higher level you get, of course), and DEX will give Axes the boost they need in critical.

You can't really take on high level bosses or the instance bosses one on one, regardless of what build you are.

For the leaps, get level 1 at the beggining, and once you have enough money/spirit to max them, do it. Since it is a PvE server I guess you will be mostly dueling, so Leap Back should be maxed first.
  • Dishmaster - Heavens Tear
    Dishmaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thx for the guide. it Great to have some info. b:victory
  • Meteoric - Harshlands
    Meteoric - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    How would a Dual Axe BM put his stat points every level then? I want to be able to PVP efficiently, and also tank the odd boss here and there...FB19 mostly :D

6 Str/2 Vit/2 Dex every two levels, maybe?

It'd help for a straight answer, no 'options'. Thanks in advance.
  • lucishallelujah
    lucishallelujah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    srry for the noobness but wuts TW? for ur stat builds include pvp, pve, and TW. im guessing TW is balanced for both pve and pvp?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    How would a Dual Axe BM put his stat points every level then? I want to be able to PVP efficiently, and also tank the odd boss here and there...FB19 mostly :D

6 Str/2 Vit/2 Dex every two levels, maybe?

It'd help for a straight answer, no 'options'. Thanks in advance.

Yes.
    srry for the noobness but wuts TW? for ur stat builds include pvp, pve, and TW. im guessing TW is balanced for both pve and pvp?

Territory War.

TW involves mass PvP and specific roles, unlike PvP which can be 1vs1 or group PvP.
  • Mikamis - Harshlands
    Mikamis - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So What Would Be Good Stats For Duel Axe BM Going PvE
    Only The One In Painb:beatup

b:cool________________b:cool
    b:cool[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cool

Are Screaming In Victoryb:victory
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    3 STR | 1 DEX | 1 VIT per level

or

6 STR | 1 DEX | 3 VIT every two levels.
  • Mikamis - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Witch one you perfur

• Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    The first one.
  • Mikamis - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    oh is it because the Dex in it ?

• Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, in case the person using the second build would decide that he/she wants to use another weapon, TW or PvP more, then the restat cost wouldn't be that high.
  • Mikamis - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Omg Your the best i see now ^^ Thanks for awnsering so would i raise Level 3 Draw Blood
    to lv 3 or leave it lv one like the other usless skills not related to BM Duel Axe

• Doom_Flower - Heavens Tear
    Doom_Flower - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What Would A Sword Blade Master Raise? PvE / PvP