• /vobunaga - Heavens Tear
    /vobunaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What Would A Sword Blade Master Raise? PvE / PvP
    Wow i was about to ask that >_>
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Omg Your the best i see now ^^ Thanks for awnsering so would i raise Level 3 Draw Blood
    to lv 3 or leave it lv one like the other usless skills not related to BM Duel Axe

It is your personal preference. I personaly like the skill, but if you feel it doesn't suit your playing style, then don't level it.
    What Would A Sword Blade Master Raise? PvE / PvP

5 STR | 3 DEX | 2 VIT every two levels. Stop adding VIT whenever you feel you don't need anymore.
  • /vobunaga - Heavens Tear
    /vobunaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ah i see =D thanks
  • Complicate - Lost City
    Complicate - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lyn, you have convinced me that I should go demon if I get to 89. However, I'm at the point where I need to start working on my ultimates which will require much spirit and money. I have already read a few threads on the debuffs and know that flame has a better debuff, and is more helpful in more situations than Glacial Spike.

Disregarding the effects of demon ultimates, should I level Glacial Spike or work on Heaven's Flame (and the accompanying axe skills)?

Which would be more useful in the end (now and end game)?

What are the advantages of having Glacial Spike as a Pole BM compared to the advantages of having Spike as a general BM (axe/pole/fist/whatever) user? How does Glacial Spike benefit BM as a class?

Why should any Pole BM level this skill if it's more helpful to simply use Flame (as it has been said in other threads)?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Heaven's Flame is the first ultimate you should max.

That skill is always used, during FB's, HH, Rebirth (a must), TW, Group PvP, etc. Because of that, one will never regret leveling it up.

Now, as you know, at level 10 Heaven's Flame will double the damage you deal to an opponent by 6 seconds. Let's assume that this opponent has "xxxxx" physical defense, which is pretty high, and you deal roughly 100 damage to it; if you use Heaven's Flame that will become a 200.

Now, if you use Glacial Spike, you will reduce the physical defense by half, that means the huge physical reduction there is will suffer a huge nerf, and instead of increasing your damage to 200 you got it to 400~500.

Those are the situations when Glacial Spike is better than Heaven's Flame: When the opponent has a huge amount of physical defense, or in case you are in party with a caster class, huge magical defense.

Another use is when using bleeds: physical defense affects the damage each tick of bleed will deal, and dragon won't double the ticks, so the only way to increase the damage is through decreasing the physical defense of the opponent.

And well, yeah, the Hell version gives you 100% chance to crit for the next 5 seconds.
  • Lady_Nouhime - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Nouhime - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well I See if i wanted to go Blade's i do 5str 3dex 2hp per 2lvs but what would u perfur axes r good later on for there AoE's but they miss alot in the 1-29 lv's and swords r good for there 1vs1 and they tend to miss few what would u perfur!
    And R Swords Worth Using in Pve
  • Complicate - Lost City
    Complicate - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    And well, yeah, the Hell version gives you 100% chance to crit for the next 5 seconds.

But it's at a 50% rate right?

Anyway I want to work with fists for HH bosses to build Chi at a rate where I will always have dragons every 30 seconds. How can I get my atk rate up to 3+ hits per second with a fist?

Do you recommend doing this, or should I not bother with fists at all?
  • Lady_Nouhime - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Nouhime - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well I See if i wanted to go Blade's i do 5str 3dex 2hp per 2lvs but what would u perfur axes r good later on for there AoE's but they miss alot in the 1-29 lv's and swords r good for there 1vs1 and they tend to miss few what would u perfur!
    And R Swords Worth Using in Pve
    Well i was reading alot of the fourms and 15% like the swords on pvp and 5% like em on pve and axes.....lets says alot on pvp and pve But They Miss too much and after u reach 50vit and cap at there what else do you raise 3str and 2dex every lv
  • voodoomalle666
    voodoomalle666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i started playing like 2 days ago.... i'm lvl 20....
    i wasn't sure what build to take but i'll go for polearms...
    so... every lvl i put 2 str, 2 dex, 1 vit........ but then i saw this build where i put 5 str, 4 dex and 1 vit for 2 lvls.... i'm planing on fixing that.....
    but.. the problem is that even with that build i lack str for equiping weapons that r the same lvl as me....
    should i change build or go for 5 str, 4 dex, 1 vit every 2 lvls??
  • cupcakelaady
    cupcakelaady Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just got some dual blades and I really want to use them but they require that you have 18 DEX. I'm only at 12 and have been following the Axe/Hammer build which I know doesn't include dual blades. But when do I get a new weapon? I can't seem to find anything good. Then again, I'm a new player so maybe I'm not looking in the right places. I've been using the level 5 weapon I got from the supply stash coupon and I'm almost level 17 now. >.<
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    But it's at a 50% rate right?

Anyway I want to work with fists for HH bosses to build Chi at a rate where I will always have dragons every 30 seconds. How can I get my atk rate up to 3+ hits per second with a fist?

Do you recommend doing this, or should I not bother with fists at all?

You have to get -interval between hits equipment and cyclone heel or/and using Relentless Courage.

And yes, using Fists to build Chi on bosses is always good, as long as you have a good weapon to use, otherwise using Spear would be better.
    Well i was reading alot of the fourms and 15% like the swords on pvp and 5% like em on pve and axes.....lets says alot on pvp and pve But They Miss too much and after u reach 50vit and cap at there what else do you raise 3str and 2dex every lv

Yes, if you cap VIT at 50 then you go with 3 STR and 2 DEX per level.
    i started playing like 2 days ago.... i'm lvl 20....
    i wasn't sure what build to take but i'll go for polearms...
    so... every lvl i put 2 str, 2 dex, 1 vit........ but then i saw this build where i put 5 str, 4 dex and 1 vit for 2 lvls.... i'm planing on fixing that.....
    but.. the problem is that even with that build i lack str for equiping weapons that r the same lvl as me....
    should i change build or go for 5 str, 4 dex, 1 vit every 2 lvls??

Yes, you need 5 STR every two levels to be able to wear Heavy Armor and Polearm weapons.
    I just got some dual blades and I really want to use them but they require that you have 18 DEX. I'm only at 12 and have been following the Axe/Hammer build which I know doesn't include dual blades. But when do I get a new weapon? I can't seem to find anything good. Then again, I'm a new player so maybe I'm not looking in the right places. I've been using the level 5 weapon I got from the supply stash coupon and I'm almost level 17 now. >.<

You will get a good Polearm as a reward from the FB19 (Level 19 dungeon), which you will use until around level 30 or so.
  • Obilist - Sanctuary
    Obilist - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hey Lyndura.....would just like to say thank you first of all, your guide has been a lot of help the last 87 levels.

I've been doing a lot of searching lately and i see benefits to both sage and demon. But my question is, how do you get the skills? There are only a handful that drop in FB89s...looks like just tiger maw and stream strike...neither of which i would use, what about all the others? Been searching and searching...haven't found much other than you can use some pages that i don't know how to obtain...and randomly get a skill or something like that. Also see that there is a slim chance from the FB99 bosses...but are those even available skills to use at 89?

Also i was wondering, can Demons go to Heaven? and vice versa.

Thank you for your time, appreciate that you still stick with this thread ^_^
  • Casa - Dreamweaver
    Casa - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Great guide it helped a lot for a beginner (lvl 20) BladeMaster i wish i hadnt of lvled up my tigermaw though is there anyway i could down grade it and get back my sp?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Hey Lyndura.....would just like to say thank you first of all, your guide has been a lot of help the last 87 levels.

I've been doing a lot of searching lately and i see benefits to both sage and demon. But my question is, how do you get the skills? There are only a handful that drop in FB89s...looks like just tiger maw and stream strike...neither of which i would use, what about all the others? Been searching and searching...haven't found much other than you can use some pages that i don't know how to obtain...and randomly get a skill or something like that. Also see that there is a slim chance from the FB99 bosses...but are those even available skills to use at 89?

Also i was wondering, can Demons go to Heaven? and vice versa.

Thank you for your time, appreciate that you still stick with this thread ^_^

Some skill books drop from FB89, others drop from FB99.

When you do Rebirth, bosses have a chance to drop "Old Book Pages", with 20 of them you will be able to craft a random book, which can be any skill for level 89 or level 92.

To get the level 99 skills, you have to get "Pages of Fate", which you obtain by completing cube, past level 90~91 I think. 30 of them are used to craft a random book for level 92 or level 99 skills.

Also, you can get "Book Credit Cards" from cube, 10 of them will craft one Page of Fate.

And yes, regardless of what path you choose, you can go to both worlds.
    Great guide it helped a lot for a beginner (lvl 20) BladeMaster i wish i hadnt of lvled up my tigermaw though is there anyway i could down grade it and get back my sp?

No, there is no way to delevel an skill. But don't worry, Tiger Maw doesn't consume much spirit, so you will be fine.
  • dazzlezazzle
    dazzlezazzle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This guide RULES!!!

i have been using it since i have started this game, 2 days ago and it is awesome, i spend most of my time reading the guide then playing the game, there is so much info and easy to understand

thank you soo much lyndura for this guideee b:dirtyb:dirtyb:laugh
  • deaddemorid
    deaddemorid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This guide saved my day ^^
    thanks!
  • Tkd - Lost City
    Tkd - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My build now is

Str:165
    dex: 54
    vit:26

They told me to put in Str until lvl 70, is right? My lvl is 47
    I want a PVP/PK/DD blademaster. I want KILL BARBARIANS !!b:angry

Suggestions? Is Good? Bad?
  • Megido - Dreamweaver
    Megido - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Is it only the ultimate skill of BladeMaster(Sword) the only advantage of them? compared to the others?
  • hairysquidward
    hairysquidward Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I heard somewhere that I should stop leveling my vitality at 50 for my axe bm, Is this a good idea?

Also are there specific genies skills and stuff that will benefit my bm more than others?
  • Hayato - Harshlands
    Hayato - Harshlands Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Your genie should reflect your playing style. Instance if you have trouble with venos go get blood clot, if you have trouble with other bms how about something that destroys their accuracy or does high metal damage? See where i am going?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    My build now is

Str:165
    dex: 54
    vit:26

They told me to put in Str until lvl 70, is right? My lvl is 47
    I want a PVP/PK/DD blademaster. I want KILL BARBARIANS !!b:angry

Suggestions? Is Good? Bad?

Stop adding STR until level 55, then you will add 2 STR and you will be in the exact amount of STR needed to wear Axes.
    Is it only the ultimate skill of BladeMaster(Sword) the only advantage of them? compared to the others?

Yeah, and pretty much only in PvE.
    I heard somewhere that I should stop leveling my vitality at 50 for my axe bm, Is this a good idea?

Also are there specific genies skills and stuff that will benefit my bm more than others?

The amount of VIT you will have totally depends on your preference and the money you have. It is more about the amount of HP rather than the amount of VIT. This are some numbers I suggest:

Level 70: 5k+ HP
    Level 80: 6k+ HP
    Level 90: 7k+ HP

Genie skills depend on what your playing style is too.
  • Tkd - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Stop adding STR until level 44, then you will add 2 STR and you will be in the exact amount of STR needed to wear Axes.

But i am lvl47..

You say.. lvl 44

Should I stop now?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    But i am lvl47..

You say.. lvl 44

Should I stop now?

Typo, lol. I meant 55.

At that level you will add 2 STR, then the next levels you will add 3 STR until you're level 100.
  • striderhiro
    striderhiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just started playing PW today and I can't thank you enough for making this guide, Lyndura.

I kind of found this guide late though and was wondering if you can help point me in the right direction in after **** up my stat allocating. >.<

Vit-14
    Str-16
    Dex-16
    Mag-11

Current Lvl-8
  • Tkd - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Typo, lol. I meant 55.

At that level you will add 2 STR, then the next levels you will add 3 STR until you're level 100.

i only read the post now..

I am now

STR: 180
    DEX: 57
    VIT: 29

Stop now to put in STR until lvl 56,57??
    So I put where?

I want BEST PVP BM !!! xD
  • Sol_Strider - Dreamweaver
    Sol_Strider - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just started playing PW today and I can't thank you enough for making this guide, Lyndura.

I kind of found this guide late though and was wondering if you can help point me in the right direction in after **** up my stat allocating. >.<

Vit-14
    Str-16
    Dex-16
    Mag-11

Current Lvl-8

Forgot to mention I'm an Axe BM
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009

Vit-14
    Str-16
    Dex-16
    Mag-11

Current Lvl-8

Just start a new character and follow the 3 STR |1 DEX | 1 VIT per level build.
    i only read the post now..

I am now

STR: 180
    DEX: 57
    VIT: 29

Stop now to put in STR until lvl 56,57??
    So I put where?

I want BEST PVP BM !!! xD

Until level 55, at this level you will add 2 STR. Then all the next levels you will add 3 STR.

That means:

55: 2 STR | 3 free stat points
    56: 3 STR | 2 free stat points
    57: 3 STR | 2 free stat points
    etc until level 99

Use your stat points the way you want to build your character, which will depend also on how much money you have, etc.
  • Tkd - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I want a Axe BM.. i think

I want DEFEAT ALL BARBARIANS b:angry
    And defeat others class in PVP/PK/DUEL with out problem
    Making the most of the Blademaster..

What you recomend
  • Buono - Heavens Tear
    Buono - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Oh my god i made axe bm 3str 1vit 1dex but i raised draw blood to lv 3 was that bad or good