Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What is the general stats for multi purpose BM those who would use all weapons?

What would those stats be?

6 STR and 4 DEX will allow you to use every single weapon on their best. But you can always use a lower grade level Fists or Axes and reduce your STR/DEX to 5 STR, 4 DEX, 1 VIT every two levels or 6 STR, 3 DEX, 1 VIT every two levels.
    when should i cap vit?...im 53vit right know n it seems like most bms cap vit at 50 - 70....but i also check the other forums n they all saids like we are pretty easy to kill on higher lvls...so my quest should keep my build n get like 80vit or something? or should i cap at 60?? mmmm im pretty confused...right now while using the focus powder im can grind pretty easy using non stop skills n sutra...also i have tree of protection, so with my 2.4K hp right now im feeling good, however i dont know if i cap it now later on will b a problem...help plz

What weapon will you be using?

For low levels 50 VIT is enough, but past level 90 for PvP you will need more VIT (unless you refine your armors to +8 or higher).
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2009

What weapon will you be using?

For low levels 50 VIT is enough, but past level 90 for PvP you will need more VIT (unless you refine your armors to +8 or higher).

im using axe's....for low lvls like pre 80? lets say that im about to hit 90 how much vit should i have? i mean if cap adding vit when should i star adding it again?....

other question...
    im lvl 50 atm, where should i aoe grind? or should i wait untill 7X lvl?? aoe grinding for me was like killing 3 or 4 mobs at my lvl at the same time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg9Ys0JpN6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-61T4q8MmSs

b:surrenderb:sad....if i wanna aoe grind mobs like that what mobs lvl should i go for? thnx
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • AyaBrea - Harshlands
    AyaBrea - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lyndura, how should a lv 8x pole BM deal with an axe bm/barb of similar level in a NON GENIE DUEL? Currently im experimenting on oceans edge, leaps, etc. but it is futile because of the zerk on their XS. I always get them to very very low hp but their damage output is just much higher than mine. I have 6995 hp unbuffed and a +7 Jade heart. but fighting ppl with XS +7s, etc make it sooo tough.

PS: In a genie duel, they stand no chance, I only wanna know about NON-Genie duels
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    im using axe's....for low lvls like pre 80? lets say that im about to hit 90 how much vit should i have? i mean if cap adding vit when should i star adding it again?....

other question...
    im lvl 50 atm, where should i aoe grind? or should i wait untill 7X lvl?? aoe grinding for me was like killing 3 or 4 mobs at my lvl at the same time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg9Ys0JpN6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-61T4q8MmSs

b:surrenderb:sad....if i wanna aoe grind mobs like that what mobs lvl should i go for? thnx

Using HH90 green set, enough VIT to have around 7~8k HP self buffed, depending on your refinements and shards.

And at your level you will usually be able to take 4~6 mobs on you, past level 70 taking 15+ mobs will be no problem.
    Lyndura, how should a lv 8x pole BM deal with an axe bm/barb of similar level in a NON GENIE DUEL? Currently im experimenting on oceans edge, leaps, etc. but it is futile because of the zerk on their XS. I always get them to very very low hp but their damage output is just much higher than mine. I have 6995 hp unbuffed and a +7 Jade heart. but fighting ppl with XS +7s, etc make it sooo tough.

PS: In a genie duel, they stand no chance, I only wanna know about NON-Genie duels

Constantly use Bleed, slow them with Ocean's Edge, use Leaps, Farstrike, Smack, Drake's Ray. Use Aeolian Blade to keep interrupting them, and Roar here and there. Make sure to always have enough Chi to use your heal.

They key to win a duel is getting hit the less possible, so kiting will be your strenght over them.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    4-6 mobs about what lvl?

THANKS
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Weaponsmith - Harshlands
    Weaponsmith - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    NOTE: 2.- NEVER add a single point into MAG, you don't need it, you won't need it, you will regret it if you add a single point in there, it's useless.

I disagree. I'm new to pw and adding points in MAG. will get you more mp meaning more using skills. If you're like me and use skills every chance you get, an odd point to MAG. never hurts.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    NOTE: 2.- NEVER add a single point into MAG, you don't need it, you won't need it, you will regret it if you add a single point in there, it's useless.

I disagree. I'm new to pw and adding points in MAG. will get you more mp meaning more using skills. If you're like me and use skills every chance you get, an odd point to MAG. never hurts.

MP pots cover you. I've never ever been in a situation where just using mp pots couldn't cover me spamming skills. Magic is the least useful stat to put points into for a BM
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Do not add magic. You will regret later. Start over now. If you want to spam skills learn apothecary, use up your mp pots. But really its unnecessary to spam skills at your level.

If you want to add points to magic play a Cleric.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

right now i have like 1K of mp...with the aphotecary pot i can kill mobs using just skills for 10 mins...i took an adviced here n its working great its like neverending mp XD...thats how u cover the mp lose, adding points to mag its a waiste
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

wow!!....u nailed...im going to read the new one after work
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
    Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lyn, what weapon path do you follow? And what genie skills do you use?

Thanks in advance.
  • pilipinongmaster
    pilipinongmaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    is this stat good for a lvl 40 axe BM?

str 133
    vit 67
    dex 27
    edited August 2009
    I suggest holding off on the vitality for a little while and grab some dex. But that's my opinion.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Supermanx - Lost City
    Supermanx - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Agree with AdvanceZero, you have dex of a barb =/
    Just pour everything into dex and str now

Nice guide Lyndura, and gratz on being first BM with zerk spear.
    b:surrender
  • pilipinongmaster
    edited August 2009
    so i should add

3 str & 2 dex each level up to 50 and then start vit again??
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Lyn, what weapon path do you follow? And what genie skills do you use?

Thanks in advance.

I use polearm and I use all the genie skills that are on the guide, but mostly PvP ones like Occult Ice, Balance, True Emptiness and the last slot is always changing.
    so i should add

3 str & 2 dex each level up to 50 and then start vit again??

Until your DEX is around 60, then start with VIT AND DEX again.
  • pilipinongmaster
    edited August 2009
    Until your DEX is around 60, then start with VIT AND DEX again.[/QUOTE]

so i will add all 5 stat points to my dex each time i lvl til i hit 60 dex?
    edited August 2009
    No. You will add points to strength according to equipment/weapon needs. Rest into dex.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pilipinongmaster
    edited August 2009
    No. You will add points to strength according to equipment/weapon needs. Rest into dex.

so i add 3 str and 2 dex till i hit 60 dex??
    edited August 2009
    so i add 3 str and 2 dex till i hit 60 dex??

........yes........
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pilipinongmaster
    edited August 2009
    ........yes........

thx buddy, i knew theres something wrong with my build
  • MasterFrodo - Heavens Tear
    MasterFrodo - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    http://img5.imageshack.us/i/statsxgf.jpg/

Doesn't look like I followed any of the builds in the guide, is it useless? It was my first character.
    edited August 2009
    Well, you happen to be at a spot were you can correct your str. For right now Add 5 str to your character until you can equip heavy armor. Also, have you decided on a weapon path. That would help determine the correct str requirement you will need.

Hope I helped.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HassanGulzar - Dreamweaver
    HassanGulzar - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    BM Level 32

Hi!

I need to adjust my BM with whom I have been playing without care so far. I may have to reset but I do not want to start over as I have spent much $$$ on this character. It would seem that there is no such thing as a massive reset. I have leveled many skills too and even the genie. Need to revert in order to build correctly, as I am starting to feel the pressure. Any Advice?

Here is the challenge:

Level 32 Blademaster

Vitality: 40
    Magic: 17
    Strength: 77
    Dexterity: 41

I can reset Magic through scrolls but its my skills I'm worried about.
    3838848963_3f64e6b392_o.jpg
    3838849035_82640e8546_o.jpg
    3838849173_65f4f2d58f_o.jpg
    3839638750_a0b7594eb6_o.jpg
    3838849375_b8666d5dc2_o.jpg
    3838849501_35faeceaae_o.jpg
    3838849621_384d3dae25_o.jpg
    3839639184_514a84c3e9_o.jpg
    3838849813_1dc4c1b6b5_o.jpg
    3839639366_9233155b76_o.jpg
    3839639466_ba3a2a8aab_o.jpg
  • ariesgirl89
    ariesgirl89 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Your guide is the greatest b:pleased . b:sad I have a lvl 56 BM. Her stats should be 170 str and the dex should be 32 but its 56 and my vit is at 56 also. All this is attribute points. I am wondering to leave my dex points at 56 until at the lvl when it should be there and increase my vit and strength until then. Or would b best to buy a stone to reset my dex points?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    BM Level 32

Hi!

I need to adjust my BM with whom I have been playing without care so far. I may have to reset but I do not want to start over as I have spent much $$$ on this character. It would seem that there is no such thing as a massive reset. I have leveled many skills too and even the genie. Need to revert in order to build correctly, as I am starting to feel the pressure. Any Advice?

Here is the challenge:

Level 32 Blademaster

Vitality: 40
    Magic: 17
    Strength: 77
    Dexterity: 41

I can reset Magic through scrolls but its my skills I'm worried about.
    3838848963_3f64e6b392_o.jpg
    3838849035_82640e8546_o.jpg
    3838849173_65f4f2d58f_o.jpg
    3839638750_a0b7594eb6_o.jpg
    3838849375_b8666d5dc2_o.jpg
    3838849501_35faeceaae_o.jpg
    3838849621_384d3dae25_o.jpg
    3839639184_514a84c3e9_o.jpg
    3838849813_1dc4c1b6b5_o.jpg
    3839639366_9233155b76_o.jpg
    3839639466_ba3a2a8aab_o.jpg

Well, what weapon path(s) will you follow?

Your skills are fine, except for Tiger Maw and Stream Strike, but you shouldn't worry that much, they are skills that require low Spirit, so it will affect you for only some levels.

Your guide is the greatest b:pleased . b:sad I have a lvl 56 BM. Her stats should be 170 str and the dex should be 32 but its 56 and my vit is at 56 also. All this is attribute points. I am wondering to leave my dex points at 56 until at the lvl when it should be there and increase my vit and strength until then. Or would b best to buy a stone to reset my dex points?

Well, if you follow the requirements for using Axe, then yes, your DEX should be 32.

But remember that you still have free stat points every two levels to add anywhere you want, so it is ok if you put some of those points into DEX. It is all depending on what you want, you can have a VIT build (you add more VIT than DEX), a DEX build (you add more DEX than VIT), an STR build (You add more STR than the required), or a "balanced" build (Same VIT and DEX).

Since you have already a balanced build, I would say you're ok, unless you want to be either DEX or VIT oriented, then you just have to start adding more of that stat.
  • HassanGulzar - Dreamweaver
    HassanGulzar - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, what weapon path(s) will you follow?

Your skills are fine, except for Tiger Maw and Stream Strike, but you shouldn't worry that much, they are skills that require low Spirit, so it will affect you for only some levels.
    That is why I'm worried. I didn't started out with a plan. I just wanted to play. Only now i realized a well built 25 BM could run over me easily.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    That is why I'm worried. I didn't started out with a plan. I just wanted to play. Only now i realized a well built 25 BM could run over me easily.

Well, once you choose a weapon path we can fix your stats to work towards it.
  • MitsuoX - Harshlands
    MitsuoX - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lyn, what would you add to this Genie setup (PvP), from the perspective of an Axe BM?

-Thunderstorm
    -Explosion
    -Balance
    -?

Maybe True Emptiness? And nothing that would require excessive Affinity points, please. IE, adding Ocult Ice.