Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• Alleyia - Sanctuary
    Alleyia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thank you so much for the guide it helped a lot my blademaster character is now very strong thanks to your indications i'm looking forward to your other guides =^.^=
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    so lyndura, any thoughts on the new genie skill balance?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Oh my god i made axe bm 3str 1vit 1dex but i raised draw blood to lv 3 was that bad or good

It is ok.

so lyndura, any thoughts on the new genie skill balance?

Overpowered. Get it.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Originally Posted by Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    what about the necklaces, rings and belts...should i go for resistance to elements (mag) or phys def or evasion???

Physical defense for low levels, Magic Defense for high levels (can be changed depending on the playing style for Physical defense).

if i need to choose between a belt with 76evasion hp+30 and a belt 156phy res...what should i pick n why? i mean my phy res is 3.2k n my evasion just 594 same goes with rings...etc...

again sorry for all these noob quest n thanx for the help
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • LunarCain - Dreamweaver
    LunarCain - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I need some more info on my current build.
    I'm a BM using kinds of weapons related to swords or blades.
    Care to tell me should I improve my build or just leave it like this?
    My build every 2 lv:
    Str-5 Dex-4 Vit-1
    My current built now:
    Str-142 Dex-85 Vit-50 Mag-20(opps)
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    if i need to choose between a belt with 76evasion hp+30 and a belt 156phy res...what should i pick n why? i mean my phy res is 3.2k n my evasion just 594 same goes with rings...etc...

again sorry for all these noob quest n thanx for the help

For your level go with the physical resistance one, because the evasion will barely make any difference for you, and the +30 HP is not that important compared to physical resistance which can be increases by Golden Bell and Physical Marrow.
    I need some more info on my current build.
    I'm a BM using kinds of weapons related to swords or blades.
    Care to tell me should I improve my build or just leave it like this?
    My build every 2 lv:
    Str-5 Dex-4 Vit-1
    My current built now:
    Str-142 Dex-85 Vit-50 Mag-20(opps)

Well, you really need to get that MAG down to 3~5. Everything else is good, if you are going for a DEX build.
  • AyraArcher - Harshlands
    AyraArcher - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    NOTE: As the name of topic says, this is a guide made by me, and any information included in it comes from my own experience, ideas, thoughts, opinions and suggestions.

The main purpose of this guide is to help out new players on their path to become a Blademaster, and why not, it might even help already experienced players to improve their gameplay. Therefore, I want to keep drama out of this guide. If you disagree with my guide, if you want to flame me, or anything related to ruin the purpose of this topic, I ask you to please use PM
  • RavenRider - Harshlands
    RavenRider - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Typo, lol. I meant 55.

At that level you will add 2 STR, then the next levels you will add 3 STR until you're level 100.
    these stats on bms are confusing
    edited August 2009
    these stats on bms are confusing
    correct right?
    edited August 2009
    correct right?
    i'll try ur quide lyndura tyb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    2.- NEVER add a single point into MAG, you don't need it, you won't need it, you will regret it if you add a single point in there, it's useless.]
    why, i keep runnin out of magic 4 some reason?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    2.- NEVER add a single point into MAG, you don't need it, you won't need it, you will regret it if you add a single point in there, it's useless.]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA b:laugh

yeah but u can buy pots....i kill like 3-5 mobs lvl 48 with out use a single pot, know if im not buffed i dont like to meditate cuz it take 2 long so i always have with me like 15 -20 pots
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Do not buy pots. Its a waste of coin. Learn apothecary skill and get some focus powder(regen 50mp/sec for 10 min.). That will set you straight. Or get a charm.

Last option is to have a cleric buff you. That always helps!!
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Or stop spamming skills on every single mob. Normal attacks work good too.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I think you forgot the charm or the pots. thats why.b:laugh
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Do not buy pots. Its a waste of coin. Learn apothecary skill and get some focus powder(regen 50mp/sec for 10 min.). That will set you straight. Or get a charm.

Last option is to have a cleric buff you. That always helps!!

yeah im lvl 1 at apothecary skill...2morrow im going to work on it
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    That's is great. Get that apothecary up. And farm all herbs whenever you see them. I can aoe grind without charms using apothecary pots, and proper timing of sutra and sparks. b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaveNoShirt - Dreamweaver
    IHaveNoShirt - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Isnt there a blademaster aoe stun skill?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Isnt there a blademaster aoe stun skill?

Roar of the pride.
  • Zerogodruler - Sanctuary
    Zerogodruler - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    what i have to say about this is this guide is garbage and it provides no info for sword bms which beat axe bms by far in duels and pk it shows you have no exprince playing polearm or sword so your guides pure ****b:laughb:chuckle
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    what i have to say about this is this guide is garbage and it provides no info for sword bms which beat axe bms by far in duels and pk it shows you have no exprince playing polearm or sword so your guides pure ****b:laughb:chuckle

Your post shows that you have no reading comprehension skills. Fail.
    I'm a Polearm Blademaster, I like this skill and I always maxed it since the very first level. It helped me a lot during PvE and PvP.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

u r just stupid...
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    He is just seeking attention ignore him.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flashblind
    flashblind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So if I were to go down polearm, would it be possible to still learn sword stance? since the builds for pole and sword are so close it would be no problem stat-wise, and you would only need lv 1 in the skills leading up to sword stance. Is it possible to run in with swords, do sword stance, switch to pole, and continue? or switch in the middle of a fight? or would it be more trouble than it's worth?
  • AlmostEasy - Heavens Tear
    AlmostEasy - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    thanks much i found this useful. Im making a sword BM!
  • Flame_bladez - Heavens Tear
    Flame_bladez - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow, amazing guide, I want to be a polearm BM, it suits me, I want to be a quick far range damage dealer :) but for melee of course :D
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    That's is great. Get that apothecary up. And farm all herbs whenever you see them. I can aoe grind without charms using apothecary pots, and proper timing of sutra and sparks. b:victory

u were so right!!! the lvl2 n the aphotecary pot that gives u 50mag per second for 10 minutes...wow!!! i only have 1k mp...so i can use a lot skills an sutra during those 10 mins n my mp is always full! amazing XD thnx for the adviced
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for writing up this guide. It was very useful in figuring how to build a blademaster.

I did find a few things off about the guide and I have some questions as well.

Based off the in game character sheet, Dex seems to give only 10 Accuracy and Evasion rather than the 15 to each that you mentioned in the guide. I'm using basically a axe/polearm build (3 str, 1 dex, 1 vit per level), but it seems like I miss quite often, something like 1 or 2 skills per monster. Is this normal early on (according to hit rate/evasion when I select a monster, it's usually anywhere from 85% to 96%)?

Based off what you wrote about the skills, it seems like for a blademaster, the first 30 levels or so seems to be very light on putting spirit into skill points. I've pretty sure there's been some discussion on this already, but something I found useful was to combine all those skills that you need as a prereq for later skills into two macros and spamming those skills during combat instead of just relying on normal attacks for damage alone. Unlike other characters like cleric or veno, a blademaster seems to need to use more than just 1 or 2 skills from the very beginning to be able to kill pretty fast.

Drake's Ray + Draw Blood into one macro and Tiger Maw + Stream Strike into another (purpose of separating them out like this is because of cooldowns + tendency to get "interrupted" in combat). Start combat off with the first macro and use the second macro while the first macro cools down. The first macro + Tiger Maw provide the Chi needed for Stream Strike, but eventually, you'll build up enough Chi (mostly because sometimes you kill with a second round of the first macro or because you kill with Tiger Maw) that using the second macro a second time is possible if the timing is right. It doesn't really use that much mp since all the skills are at level 1 and mp potions drop often enough that you can pretty much refill your mana from mp potions that drop either as potions or from lucky notes/cards.

Oh, make sure to pick up a pickaxe and collect all the herbs you can find. Apothecary crafting Life Powder is simply amazing, pretty much allowing a blademaster to fight non-stop for a full 10 minutes without worrying too much about hp early on even with slightly inferior armor (since this guide seems to be written for newbies as the main audience, thought this should be mentioned).

For weapons within each subgroup (ie, axes, polearms, swords/blades), could you give a breakdown of what their damage ranges are like? It seems like Dual Axes are low min, high max damage, while dual hammers have a smaller variance in comparison to dual axes.

I'm almost at level 19, so the FB and the supply stash weapons are going to be available soon for me to use. Which weapon would be better to use for the next 10+ odd levels? It seems like the FB trial scythe has less damage than the supply stash weapon? Thanks for clearing this up for me.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
    edited August 2009
    The fb Spear is better then the stash hammers.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What is the general stats for multi purpose BM those who would use all weapons?

What would those stats be?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.