edited May 2009
    Options
    huh thanks .. but after i did wrong way lol i ill fix it
  • expolosive
    expolosive Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thanx a bunch man this guide helped me a lot.^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]bleach rules over all anime, if you disagree your stupid and ****.
  • Suchda - Sanctuary
    Suchda - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hi. Great guide you got here.

So after my fb19 I got my trial scythe. The stats are:

Physical Attack 110-239
    Quicken
    Physical attack +10
    Strength +5
    Range 4.5m
    Rate: 1 att/s
    2 Sockets

at the same time I got my Supply Splash weapon:

Physical attack 166-249
    Physical attack +10
    Hp+45
    Range 3.5m
    Rate 0.83 att/s
    1 Socket

Im in a dillema on which one to use. What's your opinion

Thanks
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Go with Trial Scythe because of the attack speed.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And it has quicken!! Woot!
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juboforce
    juboforce Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Fists/Claws are not entirely useless. Same with light armor. I'm not sure if this has been posted already; I don't care either way. I realize that this is my first post, so my credibility may be questionable. However, the reason this is my first is because when I read this guide and came upon these points I felt that you were leaving newbies in the dark. I made a forum account here on PWI just to post against your points. I feel that you should add a Fist section because newbies may believe that Fists are completely useless. After leveling to, say, 100 or so, all the while believing fists suck, they won't acknowledge Fists even if they see the awesome power of Fists.

In PvE: Fists are INCREDIBLY useful. DPS is based on balancing damage and speed. For example: if person A deals 500 damage, and person B deals 100, person A seems to be 5x better, right?

Well, let's say that A hits once every two seconds and B hits once every half second. 250 DPS vs. 200 DPS. A is still better, right?

Now, let's add 100 damage to both of their attacks. A's DPS suddenly becomes 300 while B's DPS becomes 400. See what I mean by balancing?

Anyways, onto the main point.
    Note: this is VERY high level play, and assuming you have ZOMFGWTFLULWUTIMBA items.
    Second note: I use PW-MY names.

Decadal God: 1.43 attacks per second, with -0.10 attack interval. 1548-1723 damage at +12 (1635.5 average). http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/items/16104
    Ashura Wristlet: -0.10 attack interval.
    Ashura (2) Set: -0.05 attack interval.
    LionRex (2) Set: -0.05 attack interval.

All that comes together for a very nice 2.5 attacks per second (one attack every 0.4 seconds). You don't need to sacrifice STR for DEX in order to use armors because, well, Decadal requires 193 DEX. The Ashura pieces will boost you over 200, which is a nice 10% crit.

Add in Hell Spark, and you can see that it is an incredibly attack speed with fairly decent damage.

I'll use another comparison (level 100): Zephyrus Dance (http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/items/20303) vs. Heart Deracinate (http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/items/20320). At +12 and a pure STR build, a BM using Zephyrus Dance will have their character screen show ~7-13k damage. At +12 with just enough DEX for Heart Deracinate and the rest into STR, your character screen damage is ~6-7k.

I'll be lenient on the Zephyrus, and allow them to keep the 10k average damage AND have the -attack interval from all the armors. They will have 1.00 attacks per second. That's 10k DPS.

On the other hand, the Heart will be doing 6.5k average and have 2 attacks per second (2.22 with level 10 Cyclone Kick). That'd 13k DPS, 14430 DPS with Cyclone.

As you can see, the Heart user will be doing more DPS than the Zephyrus user. That's also BEFORE crits, which will naturally be higher due to higher DEX.

So, single target DPS, Fist wins. Multi-target, Axe. So, when you're all +12'd, 4 socketed, GodStoned, and solo'ing FB 109, using a Fist will be your fastest method. Therefore, Fists are NOT completely useless-same with Light Armor.

PvP: BMs suck at PvP. Period. The only thing they're good for is their Dragon to set up a Barb for massive Perditions, so I'm going to agree with you in the PvP aspect. Axes/Maces or another class, no exceptions.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    juboforce wrote: »
    Huge wall of text.

I'm assuming you have tested all that you wrote, because I have.

Then I'll assume too that you know about the attack speed caps, that it is not easy to get +12 in PWI, that we don't have FB 109, that we don't have Emperor Stones, that any weapon can use Cyclone Heel, that not everyone gets to level 100, and of course, we have Genies.

Even your post says that the true potential of Fists is not seen until 100+ level and with highly refnied equipment (+12, lol). Even then other weapons are still much better.

This is a guide for new players, said that, a weapon that gives them less performance at PvE and PvP is not recomended, reason why it is suggested to avoid using that weapon. However, I've said in many posts through this forums that Fists are good for damaging bosses at high levels and for building up Chi.

In my opinion any player that is 80+ doesn't need my advices, and that player should be able to choose what he/she wants for his/her character. So any player past that level is able to use and test by themselves and choose whatever they want to choose...in the end 90% of the BM's end up using all the weapons.

I don't know where you came from (maybe a private server?), but PWI is different from any other version out there, things are not the same over here, specially since Genies came out.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle I laughed so hard at lyns quote...."huge wall of text"....rofl....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eleasar
    eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what genie skills do you use Lyndura? And in which situations if you have e.g. more than one genie?
  • juboforce
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm assuming you have tested all that you wrote, because I have.

Then I'll assume too that you know about the attack speed caps, that it is not easy to get +12 in PWI, that we don't have FB 109, that we don't have Emperor Stones, that any weapon can use Cyclone Heel, that not everyone gets to level 100, and of course, we have Genies.

Even your post says that the true potential of Fists is not seen until 100+ level and with highly refnied equipment (+12, lol). Even then other weapons are still much better.

This is a guide for new players, said that, a weapon that gives them less performance at PvE and PvP is not recomended, reason why it is suggested to avoid using that weapon. However, I've said in many posts through this forums that Fists are good for damaging bosses at high levels and for building up Chi.

In my opinion any player that is 80+ doesn't need my advices, and that player should be able to choose what he/she wants for his/her character. So any player past that level is able to use and test by themselves and choose whatever they want to choose...in the end 90% of the BM's end up using all the weapons.

I don't know where you came from (maybe a private server?), but PWI is different from any other version out there, things are not the same over here, specially since Genies came out.

I know that it's not easy to get +12 gear and incredibly high levels. However, you need to realize the fact that after enough time, people will achieve these things.

The fact that +12 is INCREDIBLY hard to get only serves to prove my point; no one is going to +12 a Fist just to 'test' it out. As I have also stated, people whom follow your guide until they are high level (ie. 80+) will believe that Fists do indeed suck and therefore not test them out at all. You have recognized that I have said that you need a very high + on your Fists to realize their potential, which means that you know that no one is going to get every weapon to a high + just to test it out. They're going to look on the forum, see what people think is best, and stick with that ONE weapon. I've pointed out in my example that the key to DPS is finding a balance. Fists scale so much better with + than other weapons due to the universal +damage on +'d weapons, which is why no one will realize just how good Fists are.

Besides that, ever heard of Paypallers? They simply buy an incredibly high level account without the slightest clue on how to use it. They'll turn to guides such as yours to aid them, and, them, being the rich, clueless newbies that they are, will think "Oh my god. This guide is stickied and it says Fists suck. Fists must therefore suck". They won't even try out a NPC Fist.

To address your point on what PWI doesn't have: the key word is 'yet'. Those things will eventually come.

As for where I come from: I used to play PW-MY-EN. Quit for a bit, then started up PW again recently when one of my friends started playing.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would "counter" all your points, but it is much easier if you play PWI and see by yourself why things are different here.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    juboforce wrote: »
    I
    Besides that, ever heard of Paypallers? They simply buy an incredibly high level account without the slightest clue on how to use it. They'll turn to guides such as yours to aid them, and, them, being the rich, clueless newbies that they are, will think "Oh my god. This guide is stickied and it says Fists suck. Fists must therefore suck". They won't even try out a NPC Fist.

Isn't buying/selling accounts bannable.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Isn't buying/selling accounts bannable.

Yes, but why would that stop them..?
  • juboforce
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would "counter" all your points, but it is much easier if you play PWI and see by yourself why things are different here.

I know things are different here. Since it appears you've missed my entire point, I'll make it nice and clear:

Given enough time, people will achieve full +12 etc. FB 109 and GS's will be implemented. However, if all the 'pros' have been playing for years and been under the impression that Fists suck, by the time people are finally able to get +12's without too much difficulty, they still won't waste it on Fists. All the newbies will listen to the 'pros' because they've been playing for years.

In this day and age, how many young minds out there are truly revolutionary? How many will actually go against the well-acknowledged, seemingly flawless system because they believe there is still something better? Answer that, and you'll see why I want you to change your post to not bash Fists.
  • rocker24
    rocker24 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hey Lyndura. So after getting bored of tanking with my barb b:surrender I decided to make a blademaster. Im in a pve world so my focus is obviously pve and some territory wars. I might pvp but for fun against friends and I probably wont do that well so it doesnt matter. But anyways I decided to make my stats every even level +3 str +2 vit and every odd level +3 str +1 vit +1 dex. Im of course using heavy armour and plan to use dual axes because I like their high hits and the axe stuns are great. If you can comment on my build or suggest anything that would be much appreciated! Thanks b:laugh
  • susurs
    susurs Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hi. Nice guide. After reading it i decided to go pve Axes ( im new to this game b:cute ) Im lvl 29 and my stats right now are 80 Str, 42 Agi, 30 Con and 5 Int and some points i left unspended.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    eleasar wrote: »
    what genie skills do you use Lyndura? And in which situations if you have e.g. more than one genie?

I have more than one genie, yes, for different situations like PvP, mob controlling, etc.

The skills depend on my needs, for example for overall PvE mob controlling I have skills like Alpha Male, that lets me hold the aggro of all the mobs, good for saving casters in dangerous situations.

For some bosses I used Shadowless Kick before (to cancel some strong skills), but now my Genie can do it much better, faster and with less cooldown, letting me keep damaging without having to waste time.

Tree of Protection is a saving skill, since it will heal you quick in case you need it, good when you know you will die before your charm ticks again.

For damage dealing skills like Tangling Mire or Extreme Poison are pretty useful, specially since they stack with our negative buff skills, or of another classes.

There're many skills that I use, but they fit my playing style/needs. So you have to find which ones you will be using (because level matters a lot too) and choose them properly.
    rocker24 wrote: »
    Hey Lyndura. So after getting bored of tanking with my barb b:surrender I decided to make a blademaster. Im in a pve world so my focus is obviously pve and some territory wars. I might pvp but for fun against friends and I probably wont do that well so it doesnt matter. But anyways I decided to make my stats every even level +3 str +2 vit and every odd level +3 str +1 vit +1 dex. Im of course using heavy armour and plan to use dual axes because I like their high hits and the axe stuns are great. If you can comment on my build or suggest anything that would be much appreciated! Thanks b:laugh

If you want a pure Axe/Hammer PvE build, then yours is perfect.

During TW your main job is to Stun, and since Roar of the Pride is not really based on your DEX, that won't be a problem. But sometimes you will be asked to use Heaven's Flame, so you could miss on DEX users, due to your low accuracy.

Also take into consideration that if you plan to use another weapon in a future, then you will have to restat due to the low DEX.

So think about what you want and choose.
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes, but why would that stop them..?
    Meh, Never stopped Nova_ :P. (DAMN $3000 :( I wish i had that money)
    And u need to change your sig. Sword BMs are like wine AND Bourbon :) ancient aged bourbon is AMAZINGLY good :)

And Lyndura, Thx for the guide :).. I'm trying out a fist-build sword BM. So far so good. 1x swords **** PvE so far.
  • eleasar
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have more than one genie, yes, for different situations like PvP, mob controlling, etc.

The skills depend on my needs, for example for overall PvE mob controlling I have skills like Alpha Male, that lets me hold the aggro of all the mobs, good for saving casters in dangerous situations.

For some bosses I used Shadowless Kick before (to cancel some strong skills), but now my Genie can do it much better, faster and with less cooldown, letting me keep damaging without having to waste time.

Tree of Protection is a saving skill, since it will heal you quick in case you need it, good when you know you will die before your charm ticks again.

For damage dealing skills like Tangling Mire or Extreme Poison are pretty useful, specially since they stack with our negative buff skills, or of another classes.

There're many skills that I use, but they fit my playing style/needs. So you have to find which ones you will be using (because level matters a lot too) and choose them properly.

lvl 91 here so almost same...
    also using on one genie tree of protection, tangling mire, holy path and alhpa male. This genie is my PVE genie (good for dungeons, solo aoe, godless valley and so on). Other small genie has the skill interrupt (but **** lucky points so i will keep her low).
    What genie skills do you use for TW if you have any specific genie there?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I use the same Genie that I use for PvP, that includes Heal, debuffs, skills to extend the Stun-lock even more, etc.
  • eleasar
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ok thx - when i have again spare SPs i will also get a real second one (except my main and the lvl 30 **** one)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree with everything except your idea on fists in pvp. At endgame they are the main weapon used for pvp.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree with everything except your idea on fists in pvp. At endgame they are the main weapon used for pvp.

Actually no, it is/was Poleblade.

What made Fists decent before (at very high levels and with very good equipment) won't really work anymore now, Genies pretty much nerfed what used to make Fist users decent.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Actually no, it is/was Poleblade.

What made Fists decent before (at very high levels and with very good equipment) won't really work anymore now, Genies pretty much nerfed what used to make Fist users decent.

I actually think fists are even better now with genies
  • MysticalZero - Sanctuary
    MysticalZero - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm considering making a polearm BM for general PVE, however I has a few questions. Is VIT really important to be dumping the 3 extra points into VIT every 2 levels? Or is dumping extra points into STR pointless? I was considering being lazy and just add 3 STR, 1 VIT, and 1 DEX every level.

Quick edit: Considering both single target killing and AOE killing. Will be training lonewolf for majority of the time.
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hey, I would like some advice on this, I'm not completely sure if I should do this...let's see how it goes.

In my PvP experience so far with a Dex. build, I can easily one-shot/two-shot Arcane and Light Armor users and oftenly hit my targets and make them miss a lor also. Things is, if I get ganked I die easily due to my low HP, or 7x-8x Elf Archers are able to take me down before I do, even with Heiro. Not even need to mention Nixes get me pretty quick, before I get to kill them or the user. So..

I was thinking about reseting to Vit. build. Why? Well, for what stated above and because I don't really PK a lot, mostly only to protect my faction when they get attacked. Also, having more Vit. would me me more effective helping with bosses and such.

So..

If I reset to Vit. build I was thinking about making Thunderdeath Edges and ornaments to compensate the loss of critical % and buying Misty Forest Ring for accuracy. And question about this...let's say I have enough money for two Misty's, would that make me have 100% accuracy and never miss a hit? Not sure about this matter.

That would be all, thanks in advance.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

If I reset to Vit. build I was thinking about making Thunderdeath Edges and ornaments to compensate the loss of critical % and buying Misty Forest Ring for accuracy. And question about this...let's say I have enough money for two Misty's, would that make me have 100% accuracy and never miss a hit? Not sure about this matter.

It won't. It will just double your accuracy. If you have, say, 600 accuracy, after 2 misty you'll have 1200.
  • Goblox - Harshlands
    Goblox - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but why exactly is spear the best choice for PvP?

Is it due to people moving around and the casting/channel time for short-range melee skills, or is there some other subtlety I'm not yet aware of?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm considering making a polearm BM for general PVE, however I has a few questions. Is VIT really important to be dumping the 3 extra points into VIT every 2 levels? Or is dumping extra points into STR pointless? I was considering being lazy and just add 3 STR, 1 VIT, and 1 DEX every level.

Quick edit: Considering both single target killing and AOE killing. Will be training lonewolf for majority of the time.

Well, if you're planning on just PvE then VIT is not that important, and you could live with low or none of it; however, at higher levels you will want to get more VIT so you don't get one-shot by some bosses or high level mobs during instances.

STR is not needed if you're planning to be using just Polearm, but if you want to use Axes too (even one grade lower) you will need to add more STR, which not only will give you another weapon to use, but increase the physical attack of your main one. So, if you're planing to just do PvE, then it won't be that useless.

So even when 3 STR | 1 DEX | 1 VIT per level is more an Axe/Hammer build, it might suit what you're looking for, that is only if you want to use both weapon paths to their fullest.
    Hey, I would like some advice on this, I'm not completely sure if I should do this...let's see how it goes.

In my PvP experience so far with a Dex. build, I can easily one-shot/two-shot Arcane and Light Armor users and oftenly hit my targets and make them miss a lor also. Things is, if I get ganked I die easily due to my low HP, or 7x-8x Elf Archers are able to take me down before I do, even with Heiro. Not even need to mention Nixes get me pretty quick, before I get to kill them or the user. So..

I was thinking about reseting to Vit. build. Why? Well, for what stated above and because I don't really PK a lot, mostly only to protect my faction when they get attacked. Also, having more Vit. would me me more effective helping with bosses and such.

So..

That would be all, thanks in advance.

As Seablue said, it will only give you 100% of your accuracy, it won't give you 100% hit.

Said that, one will never be able to get 100% hit, regardless of how much Accuracy we have, there is always around 10% chance to miss to anyone, reason why we can even miss against Wizards or Clerics.

Pardon my ignorance, but why exactly is spear the best choice for PvP?

Is it due to people moving around and the casting/channel time for short-range melee skills, or is there some other subtlety I'm not yet aware of?

It is not exactly the best choice for PvP until level 95. Pretty much because of the end-game weapons available in the game.

Before that it is still a good choice for PvP because even without Berserker it is able to deal nice damage, without using that many stat points into STR for it.

Leaving many points to use into VIT/DEX making the possibility to get a pretty balanced build where you can hit, you can dodge, you can survive, you can hit hard, you have good critical hit chance, etc.

Another big factor is the skill Farstrike, which is the first/second (after level 92 it is the strongest) highest non-spark consuming skill that a BM has, with 6 seconds cooldown and is ranged.
  • w1nt3r
    w1nt3r Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you mentioned constant AoE in the guide.

how is that done for axe bm and what levels/skills are needed?