Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Options

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    w1nt3r wrote: »
    you mentioned constant AoE in the guide.

how is that done for axe bm and what levels/skills are needed?

Pretty much at level 49 you get all the skills needed to keep a constant AoE, they are: Fan of Flames, Drake Sweep, Highland Cleave and Fissure.

At level 59 you get Heaven's Flame which requires 2 Sparks to be used.
  • ifoxer
    ifoxer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I was wondering if you guys could help me out with fixing my stats. I was going Axe BM but when I found this guide I realised I had messed up the stats, I am now level 10 with 10 free points and the following stats . Here they are (without any equips) :
    14 Vit
    25 Str
    11 Dex
    5 Mag

Skills :
    Tiger Maw, Draw Blood (lvl 2), Drake's Ray and Town Portal.
    I was hoping you could help me out, give me some ideas on how to fix it. Thanks in advance.
  • $lyHealer - Harshlands
    $lyHealer - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    In the paragraph before Building you character you said then "lets begging"
    You i think you mean lets begin?
  • ZephirothX - Sanctuary
    ZephirothX - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Im lvl 39 bm and i messed up my stats when i first started
    Can u tell me what my stats should be? I use axe/hammers and my stats are

vit:41
    dex:41
    mage:16 (messed up)
    str:112
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hi Lyndura, got some questions about gear. What is the end game gear to aim for? Is the TT70 worth getting or is it ok to skip?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ifoxer wrote: »
    I was wondering if you guys could help me out with fixing my stats. I was going Axe BM but when I found this guide I realised I had messed up the stats, I am now level 10 with 10 free points and the following stats . Here they are (without any equips) :
    14 Vit
    25 Str
    11 Dex
    5 Mag

Skills :
    Tiger Maw, Draw Blood (lvl 2), Drake's Ray and Town Portal.
    I was hoping you could help me out, give me some ideas on how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Well, at level 11 your stats should be at least the next:

STR - 35
    DEX - 10

That would leave you with 15 free stat points to use. So, to fix your stats (at level 11) to match the minimum requirements you would have to add 10 points into STR and 1 into DEX, that would leave you with 4 free stat points to use as you want.
    In the paragraph before Building you character you said then "lets begging"
    You i think you mean lets begin?

Yes, thanks.
    Im lvl 39 bm and i messed up my stats when i first started
    Can u tell me what my stats should be? I use axe/hammers and my stats are

vit:41
    dex:41
    mage:16 (messed up)
    str:112

At level 29 the minimum stats required are:

STR - 119
    DEX - 24

That means you need 7 more points into STR and you're good with DEX. Your problem is the points spent into MAG of course, so you will need to fix that, or try to adjust your STR in the next levels.
    Hi Lyndura, got some questions about gear. What is the end game gear to aim for? Is the TT70 worth getting or is it ok to skip?

Well, end game is pretty much level 100~105, which would be HH99 gold set or Lunar Glade set of armors.

HH70 totally depends on how much money you have or how much time you are going to spend from level 70 to high 7x or low 8x.

Worth to get it? Yes...pretty much the better equipment you get the better your character will be. So, it would be the next way:

Low amount of money: Get at least the wrists, they are a must to make HH80 green wrists which are just amazing.

Decent amount of money: Try to get the boots and wrists at least, that would mean that you can get a the whole set of new armors at level 70, because chest can be used at that level so getting a 3 stars one shouldn't be a problem, and there're some pretty good leggings from a quest that could be used to save some money.

Money is not a problem: Then you can get the full set, including the helmet and maybe some ornaments.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hey Lyndura I have 2 questions if you don't mind answering them
    First I'm a Dex Build, capped vit at 50 so should I get 1 misty, 2 mistys, or just not bother with getting one?
    Secondly in order to get GX do most people farm the mats or just buy them? Because I've looked around for a while now and I haven't really seen anybody selling Ancient Devil's Soul. Thanks a lot for the help
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    GX mats are like 30-35M a piece, and you need 2...

Second, with your vit capped at 50 (mine is capped at 30 ;p) you're still going to want at least one misty ring. You might be able to get away with 0 if you're not going to fight archers, but with no vit in your build, you're going to have a hard time fighting mages/clerics...

maybe if devoted released her pro dex build BM secrets, we'd know more b:surrender
  • almightylucifer
    almightylucifer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thanks heaps as im a new user i will be weighing up the pros and cons of each and make a good dcision of which wep to use ( im thinking axe )
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hey Lyndura I have 2 questions if you don't mind answering them
    First I'm a Dex Build, capped vit at 50 so should I get 1 misty, 2 mistys, or just not bother with getting one?
    Secondly in order to get GX do most people farm the mats or just buy them? Because I've looked around for a while now and I haven't really seen anybody selling Ancient Devil's Soul. Thanks a lot for the help

Well, having at least one Misty is always good until you're able to get Ring of Mastadon's Strength or Sign of Frost. But as a DEX build it is not totally necessary, you could still be good using other rings, but usually they are not able to match Misty when it comes to attributes.

For GX most people farm the mats. In PvP servers you will rarely see one selling, but in PvE there can be found people selling them.
  • MrSlash - Harshlands
    MrSlash - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sry if I didnt see this anywhere in this huge thread but im deciding to go for Sword/Blade BM and im wondering:
    1. What add-ons should i look forward to in my heavy gear and wep?
    2. What types of rings should i get? im not sure if blade bms need misties or anything like that.
    3. Should I shard my armor AND my wep with HP shards?

Ty for your help and suggestions!!!
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    damage is always good. strength is not bad either. magic resist, vitality, dex, hp, accuracy, evasion are also good but not as much as plain damage and strength.
    2. What types of rings should i get? im not sure if blade bms need misties or anything like that.
    you don't need these expensive rings to grind. in fact your build requires a lot of dex so you will always have decent accuracy. for pvp it won't make much difference against a cleric or wizard but once you try to pk an archer, you'll notice their high accuracy and evasion are a major disadvantage to you. only then these rings with +% accuracy will make a worthy difference.
    Use garnets on your weapon.

For armoury, HP shards are good but they won't raise your HP high enough to spare you from adding vit points unless you wish to refine your armoury. magic defense shards are the 2nd choice but remember you have alter marrow magic so it's not so important like it is for barbs. i don't recommend phys shards because your phys def is very good already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sry if I didnt see this anywhere in this huge thread but im deciding to go for Sword/Blade BM and im wondering:

Ty for your help and suggestions!!!

1.- It changes depending on the playing style, level range of the player and what piece of equipment it is. You will have to find what suits your playing style. But try to go for +HP and +Stat.

2.- The best you can.

3.- No, weapon is physical attack shards and armor HP.
  • MrSlash - Harshlands
    MrSlash - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    alright cool sounds good. thx for the information you 2

appreciate it!!! b:thanksb:thanks
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Could you possibly add a section on the 79 skills, how they're best utilized. Possibly some tips for obtaining/farming/crafting pages, or any other advice you might be able provide?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Could you possibly add a section on the 79 skills, how they're best utilized. Possibly some tips for obtaining/farming/crafting pages, or any other advice you might be able provide?

To get pages, the only ways are:

HH: I think HH 2-2 is the one that gives the most pages per run.
    FB 89: Better than HH, but the mobs take time to kill if you're solo'ing it as a BM. Also, Brimstone Pit is better if you are going to solo.
    Lost Chests: There're some chests in the second and third map of Old Heavens Tear, which have a chance to give an apocalypse page when digged.

Other than that, you can get money and buy them. They are dropping in price so you can find them for 180~200k in Lost City.

And yes, I'll add those skills.
  • zildjiana
    zildjiana Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hi lyndura, i have a question about what should i get on stat distribution, after i capped my VIT at 65... go with 5 DEX on odd lvl n' 5 STR on even lvl ...OR go with 3 STR n 2 DEX every lvl...

btw.. i'm polearm BM at lvl 63 now... with
    STR 158
    DEX 97
    VIT 65
    MAG 5
    without any equip... n' still have 5 free points

and should i capped my vit at 65 or should i add vit at higher lvl?

is my BM good enough... i'm going for PVP n TW..not as PVE

thx 4 ur help n suggestion... b:thanks
  • AyaBrea - Harshlands
    AyaBrea - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lyndura Im just wondering if getting the skill smack is really worth it in harshlands, where each page is worth around 500k. I heard you need 20 pages so thats 10m. With 10m I can make my HH80 gold set +5s instead of the currents ( all 4socket +4s with G6 citrines) is it more worth to refine them to +5 or get smack. Smack looks amazing but is it better to wait. Also did you get your angder yet and if so, how is it? Sage farstrike + zerk must own XD
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    zildjiana wrote: »
    hi lyndura, i have a question about what should i get on stat distribution, after i capped my VIT at 65... go with 5 DEX on odd lvl n' 5 STR on even lvl ...OR go with 3 STR n 2 DEX every lvl...

btw.. i'm polearm BM at lvl 63 now... with
    STR 158
    DEX 97
    VIT 65
    MAG 5
    without any equip... n' still have 5 free points

and should i capped my vit at 65 or should i add vit at higher lvl?

is my BM good enough... i'm going for PVP n TW..not as PVE

thx 4 ur help n suggestion... b:thanks

If you're going to stop adding VIT, then 3 STR and 2 DEX per level works good.

Adding or not more VIT in the future depends on what kind of equipment you have, specially at level 90+. So I guess you will start judging if you need more or not once you're near level 80.
    Lyndura Im just wondering if getting the skill smack is really worth it in harshlands, where each page is worth around 500k. I heard you need 20 pages so thats 10m. With 10m I can make my HH80 gold set +5s instead of the currents ( all 4socket +4s with G6 citrines) is it more worth to refine them to +5 or get smack. Smack looks amazing but is it better to wait. Also did you get your angder yet and if so, how is it? Sage farstrike + zerk must own XD

I would save those 10m to refine HH90 equipment, lol.

But if pages are that expensive, then you should save the money and wait for the price to drop, or for you to farm the pages. Smack is a nice skill to have, but not a must over more refinement or more important things.

And no, I don't have angder yet, and I'm not heaven either :P
  • AyaBrea - Harshlands
    AyaBrea - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Judging from the amount of free time ill prolly have over the next few months I think I will be 8x for quite a while, thats why i am investing a bit into HH80, I have a +7 with 2G9 Jade Heart : Radiance already.

And since you dont have angder, are you going for Dance of Universe? And youre not sage? how come you went demon? There are not any high level pole bms in my server so no one else to ask lol. Is demon better than sage's bonuses for Pole? Everyone always says sage for pole is best but i was actually considering demon since I might go sword / Pole ( HH99Sword with berserk )

So to put all the questions easily
    Why did you pick demon?
    What are you using for your endgame weap?
  • zildjiana
    zildjiana Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you're going to stop adding VIT, then 3 STR and 2 DEX per level works good.

Adding or not more VIT in the future depends on what kind of equipment you have, specially at level 90+. So I guess you will start judging if you need more or not once you're near level 80.

thx lyndura... 4 ur advice...
    now i'm adding 3 str n 2 dex per lvl... b:thanks
  • senkaku
    senkaku Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hi,
    i need to say that my english is pretty broken so i will try to express myself as i can...(srry for the ort. n the grammar)

ok im wondering about my build
    lvl 33 Blademaster
    maq 5
    vit 37
    dex 37
    str 108

my question is, it is wrong? cause this is my second character, the first one was a barb n i was learning (first MMORPG) so i made the worst build ever XD...before i start this one i checked the forums and this was the recommended build (6 str 2vit 2 dex) every 2 lvls...im trying to confirm that info n it seems like a lot of people build the BMs just with str and dex....(like 6 str 3 dex 1 vit) every 2 lvls...know if thats how i need to build my BM i wasted 33 pts...n i dont want to start over...can anyone help me please...and use numbers im a noob so i dont get the "weapon req whatever and the remaining pts to str XD"i choose the path of axe...i wanna know if from now on i dont need to place vit...well its up to me i know but i wanna reach lvl 60 at least to make my own build...so...

thnx XD
  • zsquall
    zsquall Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Maybe this has been discussed before but is it better to go Sage or Demon for a BM that is going all weps.
  • Decide - Heavens Tear
    Decide - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    zsquall wrote: »
    Maybe this has been discussed before but is it better to go Sage or Demon for a BM that is going all weps.

This is the very struggle that bothers most! Demon would be for weapon-specific attacks, Sage would be for all-weapon skills(pre-29, mostly).

I will not lie, it's a hard choice. I believe fist is benefits mostly from Demon, though. As do axes. However, many warriors in my guild have taken the Sage path, for the defensive buffs and the triple fury. Though others have taken Demon for the offensive skills, because even though Sage benefits defensively, a warrior is already a "tank".

Boosting your offense is very important as a warrior, because you deal some of the lowest damage in the game(aside from Werefoxes, but they have a pet to compensate for the lack of damage). You'll have a very hard time killing people end-game as a sage warrior, but I can guarantee those same people will have a harder time killing you as well.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    can sombody reply my post??? b:cry plzzzzzzz im needing help
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    And since you dont have angder, are you going for Dance of Universe? And youre not sage? how come you went demon? There are not any high level pole bms in my server so no one else to ask lol. Is demon better than sage's bonuses for Pole? Everyone always says sage for pole is best but i was actually considering demon since I might go sword / Pole ( HH99Sword with berserk )

So to put all the questions easily
    Why did you pick demon?
    What are you using for your endgame weap?

What will I use as my end game weapon? Dance of Universe.

Why did I pick demon?

In my personal experience Heaven fails at end game once both sides start getting the advanced skills.

Hell Marrow Magical is way too good to be ignored, it makes a perfect balance between Physical and Magical defenses, amazing for anything, PvP, PvE, TW.

Hell Meteor Rush has a 33% chance to stun for 5 and it is linear AoE, pretty good for PvP and another amazing skill for TW. Using it with the debuff spear you have an attack that has a chance to stun and debuff all the enemies in the AoE range.

Hell Roar of the Pride never misses, another good skill for TW.

Hell Aeolian Blade has reduced cooldown, which at the beggining doesn't sound that great, but once you start using it you will note how much you can stun with it.

Hell Dragon: longer duration vs. 2000 Fire damage (which gets affected by PvP reduction and mdef)...Hell wins.

Hell Glacial Spike: Huge damage, reduced physical defense/magical defense for 10 seconds and a 100% chance for the next 1~2 skills to be criticals. Good for finishing opponents if you have Hell Farstrike.

I never got to use Hell Drake Sweep before, but if it works the way it says, then it is just amazing.

Hell Aura of the Golden Bell is very good for though situations where you need that extra physical defense.

Hell Cyclone Hell increased speed, Hell Atmos reduces evasion, Hell Mage Bane is AoE, Hell Drake Bash increases Stun time, Hell Drakey's Ray/Farstrike have longer range, Hell Vacous Palm has longer duration...almost everything is better.

Usually the reasons to go Heaven are:

1.- Chi: 50 more Chi every 60 seconds is one of the main reasons. In my opinion, it is overrated. As BM's we always have to spam more skills than the other classes, or use attack speed with normal attacks. We are always building Chi. It helps, yeah, but makes a huge difference? Not at all.

2.- Heaven Mastery: Once more, overrated. It just adds 150~300 physical attack over Hell one, depending on how refined your weapon is (+12 gives around 300), which is pretty much nothing since it will get reduced by PvP reduction and physical defense. 20 more damage won't kill the opponent, but critical hits do. On top of that, Axe and Hammer mastery is bugged and it doesn't give anything.

3.- Heaven Aura of Golden Bell...yes, 15% more physical defense helps other classes, but for us is pretty much nothing if the difference is around 1k physical defense.

4.- The level 29 skills have a 25% chance to be cast without using Spark...which in my experience is more like a 10%, one can't really rely on it. So if the spark is already going to be used, it will be better to have more effect than hoping for it to not use an spark.

5.- There're some times when a heaven BM is limited and can't kill an opponent even using triple spark. Where a heaven BM has no chance to kill, a Hell one does because of the more offensive triple spark which increases the attack speed.

5.- Heaven Fissure + Heaven Dragon combo...just lol. But Heaven Fissure + Heaven Drake's Breath Bash is pretty good.

Those are my reasons/experiences, many people will disagree but yeah, everyone will choose whatever they want because it suits them more.

senkaku wrote: »
    hi,
    i need to say that my english is pretty broken so i will try to express myself as i can...(srry for the ort. n the grammar)

ok im wondering about my build
    lvl 33 Blademaster
    maq 5
    vit 37
    dex 37
    str 108

my question is, it is wrong? cause this is my second character, the first one was a barb n i was learning (first MMORPG) so i made the worst build ever XD...before i start this one i checked the forums and this was the recommended build (6 str 2vit 2 dex) every 2 lvls...im trying to confirm that info n it seems like a lot of people build the BMs just with str and dex....(like 6 str 3 dex 1 vit) every 2 lvls...know if thats how i need to build my BM i wasted 33 pts...n i dont want to start over...can anyone help me please...and use numbers im a noob so i dont get the "weapon req whatever and the remaining pts to str XD"i choose the path of axe...i wanna know if from now on i dont need to place vit...well its up to me i know but i wanna reach lvl 60 at least to make my own build...so...

thnx XD

If you're following the 3 STR | 1 DEX | 1 VIT build, then you're good. With that build you will be using mainly Axes, and you have access to use Polearms too.

For the moment you have a balanced build, but if you want to be a DEX build or a VIT build, then you will have to add less of the other stat.

zsquall wrote: »

Either is good for using all the weapons, what will make the difference is what you will use them for.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its another noob question XD

can i play in a pvp server with my character? i mean it looks more fun being on a pvp server...can i somehow use the same character? im currently at santuary server.
    i dont want another character but i wanna know what r my str against barbs, archers, wizards, clerics and venos...
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its another noob question XD

can i play in a pvp server with my character? i mean it looks more fun being on a pvp server...can i somehow use the same character? im currently at santuary server.
    i dont want another character but i wanna know what r my str against barbs, archers, wizards, clerics and venos...

No, you can't transfer characters from one server to another. If you want to play in a PvP server then you will have to make a new character.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    last question for a while...n sorry for ask this much...

when improving my armaor, weapon, helment, whats the best option? and why?...all of them have 2 sockets...
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    last question for a while...n sorry for ask this much...

when improving my armaor, weapon, helment, whats the best option? and why?...all of them have 2 sockets...

When you shard your armors you should use HP (Citrine Shards), because evasion and magic defense shards are useless for low levels.

And depending on your build Accuracy (VIT build) or Physical attack (DEX Build) shards for weapons.