Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Options

Comments

• Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just read the guide carefully. He explained the skills really in detail.. What you want depends on you and anyway lvl the skills you need most first(those for pve) then lvl those for pvp like ocean edge is useless in pve and you dont pvp much at the starting so ignore it and leave it at one first and when you are higher and want to pvp you can decide whether to lvl the skill or not. Is really up to you
  • Bushi - Heavens Tear
    Bushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My highest praise to you in your guide. I myself am working on a Polearm BM for PvP just to see how the whole thing works out for me. I do have some questions that went unanswered while I read the guide:
    -If a Polearm BM maxes out the Farstrike skill, would the Smack skill at level 79 be worth investing Spirit/coins into? Would 1600 damage be worth giving up for 2-3 seconds of sealing an opponent? b:puzzled
    -How would AoE grinding work for a Polearm BM? I mean, in what order should the attacks be used for optimal results?b:question

These questions may have already been answered at some point during this thread, and I apologize if you are having to repeat yourself on these subjects. A reply at your earliest convenience when possible. Thank you.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My highest praise to you in your guide. I myself am working on a Polearm BM for PvP just to see how the whole thing works out for me. I do have some questions that went unanswered while I read the guide:
    -If a Polearm BM maxes out the Farstrike skill, would the Smack skill at level 79 be worth investing Spirit/coins into? Would 1600 damage be worth giving up for 2-3 seconds of sealing an opponent? b:puzzled
    -How would AoE grinding work for a Polearm BM? I mean, in what order should the attacks be used for optimal results?b:question

These questions may have already been answered at some point during this thread, and I apologize if you are having to repeat yourself on these subjects. A reply at your earliest convenience when possible. Thank you.

1.- Yes, Smack is a must skill for every BM.

2.- For AoE grinding look here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239391
  • IcouldbeFun - Sanctuary
    IcouldbeFun - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    loved the guide b:kiss ..lvl 8 magic marrow fail b:cry

but... the lvl 59 polearm skill Glacial Spike "not suited for AoE grinding since it requires 2 sparks."
    i'm an axe bm.. and i zhen(AoE) with my polearm bm friend.. and this is how we do it:
    Gather mobs - Aoe Stun - Glacial Spike(polearm) - Heaven's Flame(axe) - spam AoE's
    = stun them - Glacial Spike to lower phys def - Heaven's Flame to increase damage - and then we spam AoE's with about x2 damage
    And they go down in a few seconds.. only a few "increased life" or "increased defence" with 1/4 hp remaining...

but i don't know if you meant solo AoE or squad AoE.. b:cute .. anyway, this is a nice way to grind

b:bye
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    u should switch heaven's flame and glacial spike, you'll get more damage that way (glacial spike's dmg is higher than heaven's flame, assuming they are same lvl)
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Woo first post. Thanks Lyndura for putting so much effort into this guide, I have relied heavily on it since creating my first character for perfect world a couple of weeks ago. I've decided on a Polearm build (although Axe does sound somewhat tempting with more AoEs to spam), but you've sold me on Polearm being able to kick just as much ****.
  • Darktsurugi - Heavens Tear
    Darktsurugi - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    when it comes to sharding our armour, should BMs increase evasion or magic def?

thanks in advance.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    HP all the way up to level 9x, after that (depending on your money) you will use evasion/magic defense/HP.
  • azn123zazn
    azn123zazn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    k basicly no morons.
    its dex = the weapon u chosen,
    str= leftover
    vit= half of str
    thats wat this build is saying,
  • eleasar
    eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have a question about the weapons and when you use it. I am using Axes right, having 80 Agi with EQ, base Str and rest con at level 89. Now that build works very well for me but at lvl 90 i want to restat and put points from Vit into Agi (and maintain min needed str).

So for normal grinding and TW i will for sure keep on using Axes. Most likely also in Duels (i rarely PK/PVP and even rarely duel). But i am most interested into Boss fighting. What is the best weapon choice to Kill Bosses? Got the lvl 88 Moldersword, could farm lvl 90 Spear and _maybe_ i will get 160 Agi to wear lvl 80 fists. So what will deal the most Damage? As i am holy WR i don't have too much problems to spam dragon even with axes but for sure it will be easier with a faster weapon.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    eleasar wrote: »
    I have a question about the weapons and when you use it. I am using Axes right, having 80 Agi with EQ, base Str and rest con at level 89. Now that build works very well for me but at lvl 90 i want to restat and put points from Vit into Agi (and maintain min needed str).

So for normal grinding and TW i will for sure keep on using Axes. Most likely also in Duels (i rarely PK/PVP and even rarely duel). But i am most interested into Boss fighting. What is the best weapon choice to Kill Bosses? Got the lvl 88 Moldersword, could farm lvl 90 Spear and _maybe_ i will get 160 Agi to wear lvl 80 fists. So what will deal the most Damage? As i am holy WR i don't have too much problems to spam dragon even with axes but for sure it will be easier with a faster weapon.

Depending on the Axes you are using/will use, you should be fine. Just use the best Fists you can to build up Chi and then use Dragon.

If you want to deal damage with a faster weapon, you will need to level up the mastery of that weapon. Spear has the highest DPS, then Sword/Blade, and Fists is only if you can wear the best of them and Hell Spark(But 1.- You are Heaven and 2.- You shouldn't have enough DEX to use Fists unless you are very rich).

So pretty much is either:

A) Use fists to build up Chi then use Dragon.
    B) Use Spear/Sword to deal damage while building up Chi then use Dragon.
  • Complicate - Lost City
    Complicate - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lyndura, which of the Spear Linear/AoE skills should I start leveling first?

Fan, Drake Sweep, Piercing Winds, Meteor Rush, or Glacial Spike?

Out of these skill I'm finding Meteor Rush to be most helpful. I usually never have the chi for Glacial Spike or Piercing Winds, so most of my AoE grinding involves Drake Sweep, Meteor Rush, and occasionally Fan.

How should I use Winds and Spike?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lyndura, which of the Spear Linear/AoE skills should I start leveling first?

Fan, Drake Sweep, Piercing Winds, Meteor Rush, or Glacial Spike?

Out of these skill I'm finding Meteor Rush to be most helpful. I usually never have the chi for Glacial Spike or Piercing Winds, so most of my AoE grinding involves Drake Sweep, Meteor Rush, and occasionally Fan.

How should I use Winds and Spike?

Pretty much your main skills to AoE grind with Spear are Meteor Rush, Fan of Flames and Drake Sweep. Glacial Spike and Piercing Winds are just optional.

The sequence is:

Optional: Glacial Spike/Spark Eruption -> Drake Sweep -> Fan of Flames -> Optional: Piercing Winds -> Meteor Rush

If your Piercing Winds/Glacial Spike are not in a good level (5+), then save your Chi for Spark Eruption and Diamond Sutra.

So yeah, first focus on the 3 main skills.
  • eleasar
    eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Depending on the Axes you are using/will use, you should be fine. Just use the best Fists you can to build up Chi and then use Dragon.

If you want to deal damage with a faster weapon, you will need to level up the mastery of that weapon. Spear has the highest DPS, then Sword/Blade, and Fists is only if you can wear the best of them and Hell Spark(But 1.- You are Heaven and 2.- You shouldn't have enough DEX to use Fists unless you are very rich).

So pretty much is either:

A) Use fists to build up Chi then use Dragon.
    B) Use Spear/Sword to deal damage while building up Chi then use Dragon.
    Ok thx - well i did level all my masteries allready to max. Just in case and i had enough SP (getting the other two 89th skillbooks from my nice guildies after my fb89 just to find that i now missearbly lack the SPs ^^)

So yes - most likely i will not have enough money to plus my whole EQ just to get 180 agi and use fists. And yes - i went holy and overall dragon deals more damage than if i use the spark for myself. So most likely i will then farm a spear - thx.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Pretty much your main skills to AoE grind with Spear are Meteor Rush, Fan of Flames and Drake Sweep. Glacial Spike and Piercing Winds are just optional.

The sequence is:

Optional: Glacial Spike/Spark Eruption -> Drake Sweep -> Fan of Flames -> Optional: Piercing Winds -> Meteor Rush

If your Piercing Winds/Glacial Spike are not in a good level (5+), then save your Chi for Spark Eruption and Diamond Sutra.

So yeah, first focus on the 3 main skills.

Ah...answers my question. Thanks Lyndura ( and the person who asked ). The spark skills are a pain to work around.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • DETH_BROKER - Dreamweaver
    DETH_BROKER - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hello, I am a lvl5 sword bm going for a DD. I have done the even lvl 3str 2dex and odd lvl 2str 2vit 1dex.. should I add 2str 2dex 1vit on odd lvls? Then when should I cap my vit?
  • Averian - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I am a sword BM currently well going to be an axe soon and using 2 weapons at higher lvls. But my sword BM capped vit at 50 for the time being. Just follow lyndura's guide on the even and odd lvls till vit is 50 and then continue from there. Cause vit dont really matters in my opinion till higher lvls. Just add them when you are higher lvl like maybe 6-7x??? BTW I dont think sword sucks. I just think higher lvl axes looks pretty good thats why I am going both path.
  • Omniel - Lost City
    Omniel - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Great guide Lyndura. I appreciate the effort you put into it. b:thanks
    I had one quick question about the stat build for the Ax/Hammer Path. Just to make sure I understand correctly, by the time I reach level 25 I should have 77 points in my "Strength" stat right? I want to make sure I did the math right. Also, do you have any recommendations on creating skill combos? Thanks for your time.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hello, I am a lvl5 sword bm going for a DD. I have done the even lvl 3str 2dex and odd lvl 2str 2vit 1dex.. should I add 2str 2dex 1vit on odd lvls? Then when should I cap my vit?

No, you're good for now with 2 STR | 2 VIT | 1 DEX on odd levels. You will a good amount of VIT for your 2x levels. After that you might want to change to 2 STR | DEX | 1 VIT.

And for capping VIT, it really depends on you. Some people cap it at 50, others at 75, others 100, or even 3 VIT. It is based on your playing style/money/etc.
    Great guide Lyndura. I appreciate the effort you put into it. b:thanks
    I had one quick question about the stat build for the Ax/Hammer Path. Just to make sure I understand correctly, by the time I reach level 25 I should have 77 points in my "Strength" stat right? I want to make sure I did the math right. Also, do you have any recommendations on creating skill combos? Thanks for your time.

Yeah, at level 25 your STR should be 77.

The skills combos depend on you, what do you use at what situation, how frequently do you use this skills mixed, etc.

You will be finding out the more you level.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats on 89 lyn. b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Omniel - Lost City
    Omniel - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah, at level 25 your STR should be 77.

The skills combos depend on you, what do you use at what situation, how frequently do you use this skills mixed, etc.

You will be finding out the more you level.

Right on. Thanks again for your help. b:thanks
  • aliglifmar
    aliglifmar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As I said, if you want to debate about it, do it into any of those topics, I'll reply you there about that.

I'll keep "drama" out of this guide, so I'll ignore anything that has to do with that from now. If you want to keep going, reply to those topics or do it by PM's.

@Visiro:

It's not that pricey to restat, depending on how many points you need to change. As for Skill Points, you get more at higher levels, you will have plenty of them to fix any mistake you did before.

If you want you can post your stats, and I can give you the best way to restat or fix them.
    how do u restat cuz i think i really should i spent too much on magic and i guess its affecting my game
  • Averian - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    To restat you need to get restat scrolls from boutique or buy from players. I never used one so I am not so sure about how it works but that is basically how you restat.
  • gyn247
    gyn247 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the post found it most useful. x
  • Keatonium - Heavens Tear
    Keatonium - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thnx, I decided to quit my Barb. because i didnt want to be a tanker, so I switched to a BM. And your guide will definetley help me out!b:pleased
  • Masterbig - Sanctuary
    Masterbig - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hi w like an opinion?b:thanksb

I am bm dual sword.
    vit +59 strenght +260 dex +200 Crit 15% accuracy 2400
    5.7k hp and can have 7k hp w tt90 soonb:dirty

W it be wise if i max all axe skill and use calamity axes?

This decision w be very important for me because itll explore more of way h to be good BM.

Any suggestion w be very appreciated. Thksb:pleased
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hi w like an opinion?b:thanksb

I am bm dual sword.
    vit +59 strenght +260 dex +200 Crit 15% accuracy 2400
    5.7k hp and can have 7k hp w tt90 soonb:dirty

W it be wise if i max all axe skill and use calamity axes?

This decision w be very important for me because itll explore more of way h to be good BM.

Any suggestion w be very appreciated. Thksb:pleased

If you want to use Axes I suggest you to get HH90 Star Axes, they are overall better than Calamity ones.
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hm, 4 months of experience since the last update-anything to add or has this guide been perfected? Perhaps including the genies would be a wise idea?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hm, 4 months of experience since the last update-anything to add or has this guide been perfected? Perhaps including the genies would be a wise idea?

I actually made version 2, but due to some technical problems I lost it, so I started to make it again. Then genies got announced, and I decided to wait for them to come out to see if there would be any major change that would make me rewrite some parts of the guide.

I'm still testing stuff myself with the genie skills, so I'll slowly start changing to guide to the version 2.

But there is not really much to add, just a few tips and improve my grammar/spelling, etc.