Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Comments

• meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol heavy suxb:cute
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    meaangirl wrote: »
    lol Heavy Suxb:cute

Alt Alarm Alarm!
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    On the first page I have a list of all my current armour, equipment and weapons
    if it's of any use. I tend to stick to magic swords, i'm currently using
    TT80 Yaksa: Magic+13 Crit rate+1% and Physical resistance+216
    Which are pretty nice for heavy. My crit rate is 6% with Yaksa,
    I crit alot.. e.e.

It's up to you, but if you're heavy remember that your magic weapon's
    physical attack applies to fox form melee damage,
    not magic attack.

Thx!! I try to check your equip and get some of those items xD It seems pretty hard and I dont have herc yet, so making money is even harde b:sad
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    a good substitute for yaksa is the TT 80 glaive which ive seen LA and HA use because of the 12-13 mag and dex it adds cutting off a large need for it in your build, and has highest attack our of all 80 weapons
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I realise my guide probably wasn't wirtten in the best way possible, there's
    still alot of confusion over it so i'm in the process of re-writing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    I realise my guide probably wasn't wirtten in the best way possible, there's
    still alot of confusion over it so i'm in the process of re-writing it.

The major problem is that is not really a specif list of items xD

You should make brakets, stating like
    "from 80-85 you will need an extra of X stats from equip in order to use Y"

Also list molds that are good for Heavy Venos or the kind of equip we should use. Ie. HH70 armor is a must, but when should we change to HH80 armor. Which equip should be arcane and which should be heavy in order to maximize our mag and phy def as well.

Those are the things I can think of. Overall its an excellent guide, very useful and with a lot of ideas xD
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Almost the whole first page is re-done, added in a list of ideal weapons from
    level 70-90. Just gotta put in some armour.
    To be honest though, i'm only going to be putting in EQs level 70+
    since this build really should only be done around these levels :C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I just read your guide and it's great. Currently I am purely melee fox but realized that my stats are misplaced badly. I have to restat soon because i want to use General Summer's Magicsword.
  • woland
    woland Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have another question.

How impaired is veno in this build when it comes to pet heal? I make my money mostly in TT, probably as almost all of us.

Will i be able to heal my hercules effectively enough to tank TT? At lvl 83 I have no problems soloing the whole 1-3. After the reset I'll have significantly less magic... Will I need a second veno for heal support?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    I can tank TT pretty easy. Of course, my heal isn't as pro as a full arcane's heal, but TT is certainly do-able. I can tank 1-1 up to 3-1 so far. Cept of course for Wurlord, Giant ape in 2-2, 2-3 I think thats all e_e

Edit: 1-3 and higher you may need another veno to help heal sometimes though. Drum boss's
    lightning in 1-3 is insane, cant heal over it so I have another veno heal. Usually means a cleric
    with BB to come along too since the other veno cant handle the aoes.

Erhm so yeah... we can still do what arcane venos do :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woland
    woland Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Cool. I'm sold then:) I already have 2 rings that give me +10 to magic and +10 to str. Now I only need TT90 cape for the +27 stats bonus and I'll be almost ready for my lvl 90 big reset :) If I have any experience I could add to this guide in the future, I'll share it with you all for sure.

For now - great work, Rei! Rock on :)
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Oh, sweet :D

I also decided, even though i'm against melee veno who use melee weapons in human
    form~ I did come to posess the general summer level 50 hammers. They have a much higher attack than my level 80 sword and against my better judgement, i'm going to try them out on squishies in Territory war :D

They tend to recover my HP alot (5%) and i've tried them out in duels against my guild mates. I'd have my two weapons on hot keys, and when faced against a wizard or arcane veno i'll kill em in 3-4hits O.o.

Just to try something different lol. Still magic weapons FTW C:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just bought one Inter. reset-all note. Now my magic and melee attacks' damage is greatly increased even though my str is decreased.
    My current stats(including bonuses from eq) are:
    vita 30, str 63 magic 152 and dex 20
    This my first character so i didint know what i were doing when i put points to vita..b:surrender I considered to reset my vita one more time when i have some spare money.

Effects of my stats reseting: 1. melee & magic damage increased (because i got enough magic to new weapon)
    2. Better Heal pet skill - I dont have to spam it anymore
    3. More magic -> More mana -> now I can focus on using attack skills, not saving mana to healing pet
    4. Decreased Hp

Overally I think I did good when I bought that reset noteb:victory
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Looks like you'll need to take some points from your vit and put some points into dex instead sometime Kitsuneh when you've got the coins for it, if you're trying to build heavy/robe. o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Element - Heavens Tear
    Element - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    a real heavy veno should add vit
    [SIGPIC]b:angry[/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Where do you plan to pull the points out for vit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    a real heavy veno should add vit

Don't make me Pewpew you, Element. Though I do have about 50 base vit now. b:pleased
  • LILnasttiie - Heavens Tear
    LILnasttiie - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Rei is famous =O . omg omg i know a famous person. lolz and that is not how i look in game o.O
    Avengers!
  • xdustinsoweirdx
    xdustinsoweirdx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    DD: ok so i got the fox skill for venomancer... and like everytime i click it.. it will like just drain my magic D: but my person wont become a fox. and i did all the stuff i needed to the adept thingy an all the quests im lvl 9 and i did everrything i needed too. except :l i wont transform v.v can someone help me figure out a way to become a fox or fix this evillll problemmm D: send an email to breezy995@gmail.com if u can help me D: or just reply on here sept i dont know what this is o.o i just clicked on it from google search.. so itd b better if u just went to the email... DDDD: please someone help meh.. :[[ b:cry
    edited June 2009
    DD: ok so i got the fox skill for venomancer... and like everytime i click it.. it will like just drain my magic D: but my person wont become a fox. and i did all the stuff i needed to the adept thingy an all the quests im lvl 9 and i did everrything i needed too. except :l i wont transform v.v can someone help me figure out a way to become a fox or fix this evillll problemmm D: send an email to --edited out email-- if u can help me D: or just reply on here sept i dont know what this is o.o i just clicked on it from google search.. so itd b better if u just went to the email... DDDD: please someone help meh.. :[[ b:cry
    You shouldnt put emails on forums, and you probably arent using a magic weapon.
    edited June 2009
    Yay updated gear for you Rei, start drooling. Still need to +6 my wristguard, then I'll start upgrading to flawless shards. 6300~ hp and over 8k with barb. :P
    Also at 97 I got legend physical ring mold to switch to.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f79538f27aaa6440
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Yay updated gear for you Rei, start drooling. Still need to +6 my wristguard, then I'll start upgrading to flawless shards. 6300~ hp and over 8k with barb. :P
    Also at 97 I got legend physical ring mold to switch to.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f79538f27aaa6440

Omg b:faint
    That's so awesome Obsessed @__@!
    One thing though~I thought 14k.pdef was a bit too much so I checked your skills and it shows
    your fox form as sage, thought you were demon u.u
    Not sure if I talked to you about it yet~ but I saw a level 97 Pataka mould called "Midnight black" adds Crit rate+1% Maximum magic attack +106 Magic +10-11
    ~Unrefined the magic attack is: 635~1178 and the physical attack is: 525~642.
    Looks decent, but I couldn't find it on the Pwdatabase. It was selling for 5mil in a cat shop :C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Omg b:faint
    That's so awesome Obsessed @__@!
    One thing though~I thought 14k.pdef was a bit too much so I checked your skills and it shows
    your fox form as sage, thought you were demon u.u
    Not sure if I talked to you about it yet~ but I saw a level 97 Pataka mould called "Midnight black" adds Crit rate+1% Maximum magic attack +106 Magic +10-11
    ~Unrefined the magic attack is: 635~1178 and the physical attack is: 525~642.
    Looks decent, but I couldn't find it on the Pwdatabase. It was selling for 5mil in a cat shop :C

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8315
    Seen it, though I dont like patakas random damage. Cant use the magic to equip itself either.

and yeah I'm demon... didnt know how to work the skills part.
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hmm at lvl 90+ this seem to be the ideal build for end game
    but ecatomb's character simulator shows:
    at lvl 90, after putting
    270 mag for wheel of denied fate
    177 str for TT70 heavy plate (damn, 2 whole grades lower
    I am left with enough points to bump dex to 15, and i need 39 dex to add them
    so i'm guess i need to get +24 dex out of ornaments, robe(cape), hat, amd tome

now my question is, will TT70 + foxform buff gimme enough pdef?
    or do need to find ways to get another +50 str and +10 dex for TT90? xD
    cos the bonus of TT80 and TT90 looks wwaaaaayyy nicer lol

EDIT: lol i saw obsessed's gear xD
    omfg the added attributes are insane O_O
    but yeah...I think i will have some fun time finding all these hardcore EQ's, but i'm sure its worth the effort and coin
    edited June 2009
    If anyone needs me/has questions contact me ingame, I'm done with the forums/trolls.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    @LhRag, the whole goal of this build is to use armour and weapon both for your level. If you go 267 magic for the 89 Req blade, it would give you a nice +10-11 dex already to help wear TT90.

Ideally you need to work up STR and DEX for TT90 heavy armour, wearing TT70 in fox form would just be like wearing light armour instead. Check auction house and catshops frequently for +str, +dex and +mag gear. Half of the time people dont realise how important +stat attributes can be so they sell kinda cheap :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I actually found a HA guide on the forum of another PW version (PW-TW) and it seems pretty simple
    base stats 190str 235vit 35 dex

necklace: sky demon's pearl
    cape: TT90 gold
    belt: mogwai's belt
    head: chietien helm
    tome: mag+15
    arm: TT80 HA green
    rings: need to search AH for total of +6 mag and +6 str

the first 2 equip is going to rough to my wallet, but when i grind my way to 90 they should be rather affordable
    for some reason all the rings i see in AH atm are all crit rings, as u said ppl prolly dun appreciate the stat add on's and npc'ed them....

but ya, if i can get this build to work its gonna be really versatile :P
    from the reaction of my guildies when i tell them i'm going heavy after 90, HA veno = fail and foxform veno = fail is still the general belief
    i think i will give them a shock when they see how effective it is b:chuckle

edit: i saw u wrote something about solo'ing aoe bosses in 1-3, would it work if u change the arm to sea captain, wear the -3% military chest and use wraith conquere/wheel of denied fate, giving u -12~-15% channeling while still have the def from boots and legs and foxfowm buff?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    @LhRag
    My guild stopped complaining about my build and appreciated it when they realised I could beat alot of them quite easily, and repeatedly in PvP. I also made the robe venos jealous when they realised I didn't die as easily as they did either. Just show 'em what you're made of lol.

Money shouldn't really worry you at all, if you have a herc at least. Staying robe till 90 and farming all your stuff which I didn't, would be smart. I can't remember what I said back a couple pages and my net is currently too slow to go back but I think I was talking about the tentacle boss in TT1-2. He's easily soloable with a HP charm, usually a blademaster is nice to help out, they dont die and they can give you a phys def buff.

The only reason you can solo him though is because you're wearing full heavy armour. I have -6% chann and the -3% chann level 60 rank top too but if I were to switch to mage gear, my HP drops considerably. I know, my fault for having bad mage gear but the difference between you and robe venos being able to do the tent boss is your heavy gear. You could try it, but assuming your armour sets are +'ed, you'd have less HP and be taking more damage, even in my heavy gear near the end he can start hitting 1ks o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what would be the best weapon for heavy fox? you cant always wear phys weapons cuz you need to heal you pet... so..can someone plz tell me what the best weapon is?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    We use magic weapons, never physical weapons. You use magic weapons in fox and human form for physical and magical skills. If you're still confused up to this point go read the first page on my guide.

Typically we tend to stick to magic swords, for me they seem to have the higher physical attack. You can use any, but their magical and physical attack varies depending on the type. Some will have higher max and min attacks while others will give you more steady damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]