Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    assuming you go for typical LA build, youd have a minimum of 287 magic with a 3 mag 1 str 1 dex build at your level, factor in any +mag they may have, while youre tying to manage to meet the stats, the LA will have more mag. I dont see how 270 = 287+.
    90 * 3 = 270, where'd you get 287?
    Any +magic adds -should be- reset and added into vit to maximize pvp performance. LA is supposed to get enough stats for weapon, enough for armor and rest in Vit, the smart ones restat any left over points.
    mixing LA with robe would get better balance of mdef/pdef too.
    No it wouldnt o.O:

TT90 Full LA
    Pdef: 1877
    Mdef: 2920

TT90 (2 parts HA, 2 parts Robe)
    Pdef: 2378
    Mdef: 3181

Better pdef and mdef! Mixing and matching I can achieve better defences ANY way possible compared to LA.
    150% pdef holds better too than faster running speed,
    40% pdef debuff > 20% for 0
    venomous... well thats debatable xD.

SAGE vs DEMON

Foxform:
    (150% pdef) VS (120% pdef and 60% running speed for 6sec)
    For HA at least, that extra 30% pdef is nearly useless, as you'll be dying to magic attacks. Runnign away ftw.([other builds ala LA it would be more worthwhile I suppose] Though I will say now with the genie Holy path, running IS less usefull)

Ironwood:
    (40% pdef debuff) VS (20% reduce defense to 0)
    preference... but having a 1 out of 5 shot of my pet being able to solo a HA user... quite worthwhile

Venomous:
    ((chance?) extra chi per hit) VS (reduce wood resist)
    Minus wood resist stacks with all our spells.. though chi is nice for building spark(though again with genie skills chi building is less usefull, Essence penetration ftw)
    the build in my opinion isnt as good as the others cept maybe against melees
    I've played all the pvp builds and this ones my favorite, though I'm sure I'm a tad bias.
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Don't mind me interrupting your little argument, but I'm rather curious what your plans are for 99, Obsessed. I've been tempted to experiment with a HA build, but it seems to me one of the keys for it being implemented at 90 are the stat bonuses that the requiem blade gives. From what I've seen, dropping it for a tt99 or equivalent molder would lose you a good 20 or so stats. Do you have any work-arounds planned for it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    90 * 3 = 270, where'd you get 287?
    i said YOUR level. (94 x 3) + 5 the starting stat if someone went and followed typical 3x1x1 build. This is a generalization, not someone straying away from a cookie cutter.
    TT90 Full LA
    Pdef: 1877
    Mdef: 2920

TT90 (2 parts HA, 2 parts Robe)
    Pdef: 2378
    Mdef: 3181
    For those looking at this also,

I said mixing LA with robes not full LA, which you didnt do.
    LA chest + pants, + arcane shoes + sleeves=(citrine or pdef gems optimal here)
    Pdef:73+98+657+563= 1391
    Mdef:655+875+1020+875= 3425

heavy chest + pants + arcane shoes + sleeves = (saphire or citrine gems optimal)
    pdef:73+98+1532+1313=3016
    mdef:655+875+655+565= 2750

I dont know wtf pieces you used, but obviously one can take magic way better, and the other takes melee way better BUT one can still take melee hits and have it not matter too badly. Thats the LA.
    sAGE vs DEMON

Foxform:
    (150% pdef) VS (120% pdef and 60% running speed for 6sec)
    For HA at least, that extra 30% pdef is nearly useless, as you'll be dying to magic attacks. Runnign away ftw.([other builds ala LA it would be more worthwhile I suppose] Though I will say now with the genie Holy path, running IS less usefull)

Ironwood:
    (40% pdef debuff) VS (20% reduce defense to 0)
    preference... but having a 1 out of 5 shot of my pet being able to solo a HA user... quite worthwhile

Venomous:
    ((chance?) extra chi per hit) VS (reduce wood resist)
    Minus wood resist stacks with all our spells.. though chi is nice for building spark(though again with genie skills chi building is less usefull, Essence penetration ftw)
    You forgot the 250% accuracy increase on sage FF, but thats irrelevant lol.

with venomous for getting up to 3 sparks quickly in sage form is wonderful, the magic bonus increase for sages = easy 1 shotting lower hp targets :P. Though -wood resist makes things hurt more too, so still debatable.

the 150% pdef increase = LA's better chance to survive hits while running (holy path etc.) Id imagine it'd make tanking a hit while trying to amp easier too.

ironwood, way too risky in my opinion, i like to use it to give my pet more edge since ya know qqbirds hurt like hell after they land a stun >:). 40% increase is good enough for me. besides:
    but having a 1 out of 5 shot of my pet being able to solo a HA user... quite worthwhile
    you should be able to kill that heavy in a few hits o_o. i 2 shot most BMs and 3-4 most barbs after a spark, dont see how it wouldnt be possible for you to do it in 1-2 more than that :P

i dont know why you take the word gimp to offense so much, i mean one could say robe venos are gimped because tthey have no defense. i just like being a total glass canon, and anything that errs against that is "inferior" in my opinion. but its just an opinion, not false information. because seriously, youll never be as much a machine gun as i am with me -% channel and buttload of mag, and ill never be a tank lol. thats just all there is to it :P.
  • LetheTheCat - Lost City
    LetheTheCat - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    for this build how many points of str, dex, mag, etc should i add per lvl
    edited May 2009
    ***** WARNING : WALL O' TEXT lol ******
    i said YOUR level. (94 x 3) + 5 the starting stat if someone went and followed typical 3x1x1 build. This is a generalization, not someone straying away from a cookie cutter.
    Ok, I misunderstood, but I coulda easily thrown my spare points into Mag, instead of vit... which is 19 vit atm, so +16 to mag.. = 286.. 1 point less.. not to mention I dont have TT90 cape yet....
    For those looking at this also,

I said mixing LA with robes not full LA, which you didnt do.

heavy chest + pants + arcane shoes + sleeves = (saphire or citrine gems optimal)
    pdef:73+98+1532+1313=3016
    mdef:655+875+655+565= 2750
    I know you didnt say that, but I was trying to give LA the most advantage possible, I was using the best balance achievable, which for LA is full, also mixing an matching I can do better than the combo you posted, there's no rule saying you have to use 2 and 2 for mixing, or that the 2 opposing combos have to mix the same 2 pieces.

HA chest + Robe pants/shoes/sleeves
    Pdef: 1532 + 146 + 98 + 73 = 1849
    Mdef: 655 + 1315 + 875 + 655 = 3500
    I dont know wtf pieces you used, but obviously one can take magic way better, and the other takes melee way better BUT one can still take melee hits and have it not matter too badly. Thats the LA.
    You say that like the other combo you posted cant take magic hits at all.(which the combo you used was an extremly bad one nobody would ever use, in order to skew it in favor of LA >_>). Though the difference in mdef is 675 in favor of your LA combo, while the difference in Pdef is 625 in favor of heavy.

Though as I posted theres more combos to consider, and no matter the combination LA uses, There's a better(all around Pdef AND mdef) one to be found from a HA combo. I guarentee for any LA/Robe combo, I can find a better one with higher pdef and higher mdef, from a HA/Robe combo.

Also, Heres the Original I used:(and I acutally miswrote some numbers originally o.O, so its higher than before)
    HA (top + wrist), Robe (pants + boots)
    Pdef: 1532 + 657 + 146 + 98 = 2433
    Mdef: 655 + 280 + 1315 + 975 = 3225
    You forgot the 250% accuracy increase on sage FF, but thats irrelevant lol.
    Sorry b:chuckle
    with venomous for getting up to 3 sparks quickly in sage form is wonderful, the magic bonus increase for sages = easy 1 shotting lower hp targets :P. Though -wood resist makes things hurt more too, so still debatable.
    Demon gets the same damage boost as Sage.
    the 150% pdef increase = LA's better chance to survive hits while running (holy path etc.) Id imagine it'd make tanking a hit while trying to amp easier too.
    Agreed.. as I noted genies kinda ruined the whole point of demon fox.
    ironwood, way too risky in my opinion, i like to use it to give my pet more edge since ya know qqbirds hurt like hell after they land a stun >:). 40% increase is good enough for me. besides:

you should be able to kill that heavy in a few hits o_o. i 2 shot most BMs and 3-4 most barbs after a spark, dont see how it wouldnt be possible for you to do it in 1-2 more than that :P
    reducing to 0 def is godly, even for a 20% only chance.. again this is mostly preference though. Also use it on a tower in TW and watch your phoenix drop it quick lol.
    Sure I can do that if I sneak attack or get first attack in or whatever, but if he sees you coming its usually a little more complicated then hold down venomous. More specifically in instance pvp and 1v1s.
    i dont know why you take the word gimp to offense so much, i mean one could say robe venos are gimped because tthey have no defense. i just like being a total glass canon, and anything that errs against that is "inferior" in my opinion. but its just an opinion, not false information. because seriously, youll never be as much a machine gun as i am with me -% channel and buttload of mag, and ill never be a tank lol. thats just all there is to it :P.
    Not actually takign offence, just trying to explain my side. Also,It's just misleading to new people, and makes it sound inferior, when truth be told its preference in playstyle. I assure you I'm one of the scariest venos on HT. :p

Don't mind me interrupting your little argument, but I'm rather curious what your plans are for 99, Obsessed. I've been tempted to experiment with a HA build, but it seems to me one of the keys for it being implemented at 90 are the stat bonuses that the requiem blade gives. From what I've seen, dropping it for a tt99 or equivalent molder would lose you a good 20 or so stats. Do you have any work-arounds planned for it?
    Well as mentioned I dont have a TT90 cape yet, that would give me 19 more stats than I have currently, I could revert to TT80 wrists again(if desperatly needed to), since Wrists are the weakest defensive piece of armor anyways. I'm sure if I looked I could find higher +stat accessories in the 90's set of accessories. I'll make it work. =P
    edited May 2009
    just uno mas piece of messs to clearrrr:
    Demon gets the same damage boost as Sage.

Spark Eruption (lvl89 0spirit, 0coins)
    Celestial Eruption - Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 900% extra magic attack and 500% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.
    Demonic Eruption - Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 700% extra magic attack and 650% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.

from this thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=233332&highlight=demon

anyone got pics to clear it up :P?
    edited May 2009
    just uno mas piece of messs to clearrrr:

Spark Eruption (lvl89 0spirit, 0coins)
    Celestial Eruption - Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 900% extra magic attack and 500% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.
    Demonic Eruption - Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 700% extra magic attack and 650% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.

from this thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=233332&highlight=demon

anyone got pics to clear it up :P?
    Oh sorry misinterperted again, you said "the magic increase bonus for sages" I assumed you meant sage's venomous skill. (which sage venomous and demon venomous do get the same damage boost >_<)

Now about the sparks.. totally overlooked them, the sparks you posted are correct,(with the exception it says "weapon damage" not weapon attack) but I'm under the impression "weapon damage" incorperates an Matk bonus from the weapon as well. Which if true, would make the sparks pretty close in damage. (I could be totally misinterperting it, from it being poorly worded though)

As all other sparks say xx% Magic attack and xx% physical attack.
    Demon says xx% Maagic attack and xx% weapon damage
    (assuming they normally just copied and pasted everything[because thats how it appears from reading the other sparks], they took note to change that to weapon damage)

Hard to confirm one way or another...

I'm not gonna argue sage/demon anymore though... as it litterally is the embodyment of personal preference lol.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    brentbest wrote: »
    should i learn fox or mage skills?

It depends really, the ideal hybrid heavy armour/ arcane armour build would have both fox and mage skills. I don't really suggest getting fox skills until 60 or higher though as they're better off in pvp, mage skills are better for levelling faster up until you start getting into pvp.

I put up a kinda mini guide on the front page for skills in a list of priorities ranging from the top skills listed being the most important. Hope it helps.

I tend to use my fox skills alot in pvp, only time I really use them in pve is when I get bored of mage and want to switch to melee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    solarraa wrote: »
    I met you last night Rei and thanks for all the great info:) I was wondering would this build be good for people that don't do Pvp or Tw?

Thx,
    Solarraa

Well personally I dont pvp right now unless it's territory war, I don't plan on going open feild pvp unil I hit 90 lol. I had another heavy veno friend in my guild who was level 91 last I saw, she dosen't participate in pvp or TW but she uses the heavy/arcane hybrid for pve. She farms alot and it's great for when mobs sneak up behind you when you're grinding.

The magic and physical defense is execellent, so it's neat for aoe bosses in twilight temple and ect aswell. Not to mention also, it's way more fun than just arcane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    for this build how many points of str, dex, mag, etc should i add per lvl

If you're asking that question then you haven't read the guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LetheTheCat - Lost City
    LetheTheCat - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i have read it but it doesnt exactly say how many to put in per lvl it says that you need the points for your equip, but it doesnt say how many to put in to be able to use your lvl equip
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i have read it but it doesnt exactly say how many to put in per lvl it says that you need the points for your equip, but it doesnt say how many to put in to be able to use your lvl equip
    thats the point >_< read it again.......
    *Semi retired*
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    There is no stat points per level guide. Simply because this build relies on what stats your equipment gives, and the equipment stat bonuses are never the same on
    any two heavy armour venos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woland
    woland Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I want to go heavy fox form on lvl 90, using TT90 green armor. Is it possible to wear both TT90 armor (req: str 227, dex 49) and Requiem Blade (req: mag 267) or at least Glaives of Divinity (req: mag 237) at lvl 90? In pure stats I'll be lacking 81 (51) points, which is a lot, but maybe there's a chance to have these points from equipment? Any suggestions/ideas? Let's say that money isn't a factor here - sooner or later I can get the cash/molds/chips/whatever, even if it takes months.
  • Vulpes - Dreamweaver
    Vulpes - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    81 points short to get both blade and TT armor.

Blade won't add strength, and can't add to your magic to wield it, so we can't count on help there. The armor can't add strength or dex to wear itself, so those are out for strength and dex, AND as far as I know, TT90 heavy armor does not add magic. So that leaves 7 pieces of equipment to contribute 81 points - 11.6 points per item.... hrm. And no higher than level 90 for equiment...

Helm - Heavy Helmet of Ape - +8 Str

Robe - Mantle of the Ghost Lord - +9 Str and +9 Mag

Necklace - Sky Demon's Pearl - +8 Str

Belt - Ghostly Belt - +6 Mag

Rings - Auspicious Ring: Order - +5 Mag each for +10

Taking that stuff gets you +25 strength and +32 magic... that's 57. Not enough. Unless there's lower-level stuff that can get you more.

But... you COULD use the glaive.
  • woland
    edited May 2009
    Could it be possible to do a trick like this?

1) Requiem Blade gives +10 magic and requires 267 magic.
    2) I get 257 magic from stat points + ornaments, helmets, whatever.
    3) I equip some clothes that add +10 to magic for 267 total.
    4) I then equip Requiem Blade and have 277 magic
    5) I unequip the clothes and with Requiem Blade equiped I have 267, which is enough to hold it.

Can it work this way? This could save me 10 stat points to put into str :)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    woland wrote: »
    Could it be possible to do a trick like this?

1) Requiem Blade gives +10 magic and requires 267 magic.
    2) I get 257 magic from stat points + ornaments, helmets, whatever.
    3) I equip some clothes that add +10 to magic for 267 total.
    4) I then equip Requiem Blade and have 277 magic
    5) I unequip the clothes and with Requiem Blade equiped I have 267, which is enough to hold it.

Can it work this way? This could save me 10 stat points to put into str :)

No, an items bonus stats do not count to equipping itself.

I'm playing around and looking at this heavy build as well. Taking into consideration all the factors, I'm just 27 points short of being able to equip TT 90 heavy, arcane, and requiem blade all at once.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited May 2009
    You CAN indeed get 227 str, and 267 magic no problem in your 90's youll have to mess with a few reset scrolls, and see what kind of ornaments, rings, and gear you can get before the resets to make it work though.

obsessed = 94, wears TT90 mountcrasher gear and requiem, only downside is youll have mediocre magic defense, and buffed damage = damage of a unbuffed arcane build in its high 70s low 80s haha
  • woland
    edited May 2009
    Tearvalerin: damage and magic res - that's the risk I'm going to take :)

Vulpes:

Thank you very much for your monus suggestions. I'll add two things:
    1) Requiem blade gives +10 dex, so if I equip it first, I'll save this 10 points.

2) There are lvl. 3 tomes that add +15 to mag, dex or str.

Alltogether it would give me 57 you found and additional 25, which gives us 82 points - almost the exact amount I need :)

The weakness is the price of the tome (around 6-7 mil...), but I think it might be worth it.
    edited May 2009
    Why do people who have no clue what they are talking about answer b:cry

Blade won't add strength, and can't add to your magic to wield it, so we can't count on help there. The armor can't add strength or dex to wear itself, so those are out for strength and dex, AND as far as I know, TT90 heavy armor does not add magic. So that leaves 7 pieces of equipment to contribute 81 points - 11.6 points per item.... hrm. And no higher than level 90 for equiment...

Helm - Heavy Helmet of Ape - +8 Str

Robe - Mantle of the Ghost Lord - +9 Str and +9 Mag

Necklace - Sky Demon's Pearl - +8 Str

Belt - Ghostly Belt - +6 Mag

Rings - Auspicious Ring: Order - +5 Mag each for +10

Taking that stuff gets you +25 strength and +32 magic... that's 57. Not enough. Unless there's lower-level stuff that can get you more.

But... you COULD use the glaive.

There are much better stat items than the ones you listed.

Helm - blue lvl 81 helm can get up to 16 stats (mines 10)

Robe - the one you listed ALSO ADDS 9 dex you didnt account for (hint the armor needs dex so you can use +dex equips)

Necklace - nice necklace you listed, really, but again you can find a blue necklace with up to 16

Belt - level 86 quest reward belt adds 15-18 stats...

Rings - 52 magic legendarys add 12 stats each!

It is ENTIRELY possible to wear both, and quite easily if you look around.
    You CAN indeed get 227 str, and 267 magic no problem in your 90's youll have to mess with a few reset scrolls, and see what kind of ornaments, rings, and gear you can get before the resets to make it work though.

obsessed = 94, wears TT90 mountcrasher gear and requiem, only downside is youll have mediocre magic defense, and buffed damage = damage of a unbuffed arcane build in its high 70s low 80s haha

Why do you bother trolling this thread, stay out. blah blah blah <insert my normal comments here, about it having the same damage as light armor, and can switch to robes for mdef>

btw it is possible to use any of the other TT90 weapons at 90 as well, requiem is the best choice for optimizing vit though.

Go figure arcane build that optimizes for spell dmg over vit/survivablity does more damage then a build that does, god forbid!

/end rant
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Yes for the questions asked having TT90 heavy armour and the requiem or other
    TT90 weapons equipped together is indeed possible. My current stats are:

(Without my current heavy plate which adds Dex+4, without my leggings which add
    Str+5 and magic+5 and without my current weapon which adds magic+13. These
    are taken out as they have to be replaced by new EQs.)

STR: 211
    VIT: 9
    DEX: 59
    MAG: 256

Ok but we need 227 strength and 49 dex
    for the TT90 armour and we also 267 magic for the requiem blade.

This is simple. Take the 15 points i'm yet to gain on reaching level 90,
    and, I may have only 10 extra points in dex to spare but i'm going to take out 12 instead.
    (reset note) So 27 points to make this work.

I put 11 points onto my magic, making it 267.
    I can now equip Requiem.

Now i've got 16 for my strength, which is now 227
    making me able to equip TT90.

Only thing is i'm down on dex by 2 points. Well not really,
    because when I equipped my Requiem blade it bumped my dex up 11
    points making it 58 c:

Guys also remember that with 267 magic (needed for requiem) you're able to wear arcane robes up to level 99, this isn't heavy armour only. Note how the guide reads "Heavy/robe"

You don't lose out on magic defense dammit x__x!

(Starting to wonder if people are actually reading the guide)

Look, these are my unbuffed stats in arcane:

Metal: 5104
    Wood: 5162
    Water: 4650
    Fire: 4650
    Earth: 3201

Physical: 1489

(My current arcane gear is really crappy <.<;)

Unbuffed heavy resistances:

Metal: 2294
    Wood: 2294
    Water: 2577
    Fire: 2294
    Earth: 2294

Physical: 5855 in human form, and 11334 in fox form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    woland wrote: »
    I want to go heavy fox form on lvl 90, using TT90 green armor. Is it possible to wear both TT90 armor (req: str 227, dex 49) and Requiem Blade (req: mag 267) or at least Glaives of Divinity (req: mag 237) at lvl 90? In pure stats I'll be lacking 81 (51) points, which is a lot, but maybe there's a chance to have these points from equipment? Any suggestions/ideas? Let's say that money isn't a factor here - sooner or later I can get the cash/molds/chips/whatever, even if it takes months.

In total I've gained 124 bonus stat points from my armour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HoVulpes - Sanctuary
    HoVulpes - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I tried light too. deleted that veno. Light is good for archers. we dont have skills which push enemy back, stun for longer lke etc. so heavy + arcane is very good think. just made a new veno. (my main is arcane, and very happy of her:) Gotta try heavy/arcane alt now. and at last have fun of fox form XD cause having 34 str on arcane... its not SO funny ;p

Thx for guide ^^ and ye dotn need Vit cause pet tank mostly hihib:laughb:laugh
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In total I've gained 124 bonus stat points from my armour.

I want to thank you Reikara for this guide, and all the work you put into it. I'd also like to thank Obsessed who seemed to help alot in this thread with ideas, and insight into how to play this type of a veno.

I too have went the heavy veno route. I've taken some abuse from a few of my higher level guild mates about using this build. Seems some deem it as /fail. But I've been enjoying it, and I've loved it in the TW's I've been in.

Kudo's to those who choose to walk a different path than the others, and be successful doing it. Anybody can be a lemming and be like all the other veno's out there. I think anybody who dares to be different deserves props.

Even if one of them is meeee, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Any suggestion on a lvl 80 equip for a heavy veno lvl 80??

What weapon? Why? Wheel of fate (HH80) is good idea?

What else should I get? Pls help, I dont have idea on what to get xD
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My veno is heavy, only 67, and already has +56 to str, dex, mag on the non-armor pieces. Aside from two legendary rings and a legendary hat, the rest of the equipment was bought off auction house. One (+12 belt) was 90k, the cape (+4) was 10k I think, and the necklace (+7) I made myself.

The cape and necklace still have room for improvement, and the higher level stuff can have higher +stat bonuses. Add in the extra pieces Obsessed pointed out and +81 is very possible at that level. The two legendary rings were the hardest part (+13 and +11), and I've already run across a regular 1-star ring on AH which gave +12 to those stats (lost the bidding on that one - it was a might ring while the legendaries are magic). I just picked up a L75(?) belt with +13 which I've banked (the +12 belt is elemental, this one is protection). You just have to check the AH frequently.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Rings - 52 magic legendarys add 12 stats each!

I'm really having trouble getting those rings b:cry
    I know they drop off the 2nd boss in FB51, but damn the drop rate is low and i've never seen them in AH.

Can anyone share some light into how they got their Demon Panther Ring molds? I have almost everything i need, just require those 2 rings. b:sad

If anyone have them for sale on HT server, please drop me a PM. But i dont know what the prices are for them b:surrender
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Any suggestion on a lvl 80 equip for a heavy veno lvl 80??

What weapon? Why? Wheel of fate (HH80) is good idea?

What else should I get? Pls help, I dont have idea on what to get xD

On the first page I have a list of all my current armour, equipment and weapons
    if it's of any use. I tend to stick to magic swords, i'm currently using
    TT80 Yaksa: Magic+13 Crit rate+1% and Physical resistance+216
    Which are pretty nice for heavy. My crit rate is 6% with Yaksa,
    I crit alot.. e.e.

It's up to you, but if you're heavy remember that your magic weapon's
    physical attack applies to fox form melee damage,
    not magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I want to thank you Reikara for this guide, and all the work you put into it. I'd also like to thank Obsessed who seemed to help alot in this thread with ideas, and insight into how to play this type of a veno.

I too have went the heavy veno route. I've taken some abuse from a few of my higher level guild mates about using this build. Seems some deem it as /fail. But I've been enjoying it, and I've loved it in the TW's I've been in.

Kudo's to those who choose to walk a different path than the others, and be successful doing it. Anybody can be a lemming and be like all the other veno's out there. I think anybody who dares to be different deserves props.

Even if one of them is meeee, lol.

No worries Foxx_trott :)
    I get alot of abuse too, not really from my guild but random players passing by.
    "Eww heavy lololol u suck"
    "Duel me so i show u how u fail"
    "ur build sucks ur stupid"

My guild eventually got used to the idea because I can act as a second
    tank in dungeons should my pet accidently die, therefore no more party
    wipes, I can take most boss aoes without needing clerics, I can save
    other squishie's butts when they steal aggro, I can take a good beating in
    TW and still stand.. I mean i've come out of 4 BMs on me at one time and lived lol.

The nasty comments I get are usually taken back when I beat them in a
    duel or fully explain what it is. They dont understand anything besides
    the fact that you're not wearing arcane armour, hence it isntantly registers
    as a bad build in ther mind. Just let your guild grow on the idea lol, i've
    made quite a few other venos jealous of my build xD;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    No worries Foxx_trott :)
    I get alot of abuse too, not really from my guild but random players passing by.
    "Eww heavy lololol u suck"
    "Duel me so i show u how u fail"
    "ur build sucks ur stupid"

My guild eventually got used to the idea because I can act as a second
    tank in dungeons should my pet accidently die, therefore no more party
    wipes, I can take most boss aoes without needing clerics, I can save
    other squishie's butts when they steal aggro, I can take a good beating in
    TW and still stand.. I mean i've come out of 4 BMs on me at one time and lived lol.

The nasty comments I get are usually taken back when I beat them in a
    duel or fully explain what it is. They dont understand anything besides
    the fact that you're not wearing arcane armour, hence it isntantly registers
    as a bad build in ther mind. Just let your guild grow on the idea lol, i've
    made quite a few other venos jealous of my build xD;
    QFT, even more-so now that I'm guildless. Then I tell them I'm 95 and they QQ even more.

Tellling me I'm doing something wrong by being able to wear all type of armor(uhh ,what? That's the whole point! they say something about not speciallizing in 1tree and HA = foxform = debuff slave who stays in fox all day bullpoop[tell that to my 5k M.atk bish]), and I'm like hell you dont know me or this build, who are you to say how well it works. However I have tried LA and Vit/Robe so I can comment on those, and this build is far better to those who utilize it correctly, but it's deffinatly not for everyone.

All the common veno pvp builds revolve around minimum Mag for weapon, and optimizing vit, so should have identical M.atks! Where these people come up with the stuff they say,(dare I say, pulling out of thier ****) the world may never know.