Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pfff, 13str/13dex/13mag/12vit/-1chan/+1crit/-0.05attackspeed please.

51total stats ++++ bonuses! *drools*
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pfff, 13str/13dex/13mag/12vit/-1chan/+1crit/-0.05attackspeed please.

51total stats ++++ bonuses! *drools*

have you gotten one yet obsessed? o.o
    edited September 2009
    Nope, and probably wont.. opened a ton of packs and only got normal luck tokens.. woulda made more money selling the gold on gold trader.

My level 5 will have to do =X

I'd die for the heavensrage boots, unicorn helmet, or one of the capes though.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They seems to be super rare.
  • lmaonade1xp
    edited September 2009
    yea, only like low single digit ppl have them on any server :<
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Someone offered 200m for it.. Not sure if it was for real...
    Well the owner wasted 32,300 000 mil to aquire it.
  • Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great guide. ^.~
    I planned going heavy fox, but thought it was a bit too expensive.
    By the way, Obsessed, where'd you get your weapon? o.o Aquadash..
    Because its coooooool... ~drool~
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great guide. ^.~
    I planned going heavy fox, but thought it was a bit too expensive.
    By the way, Obsessed, where'd you get your weapon? o.o Aquadash..
    Because its coooooool... ~drool~

aquadash is lunar weap i believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    edited September 2009
    aquadash is lunar weap i believe.

It's frost, got it from anniversery packs.. I just wear it for looks. I normally wear TT99gold glaive.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dang..... I was hoping to get that one out of a pack..... but no luck...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    It's frost, got it from anniversery packs.. I just wear it for looks. I normally wear TT99gold glaive.

You wear it for look? -.-
  • Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You wear it for look? -.-

Id do that too o.o!
    Its just.. ~drool a bit more~
  • lmaonade1xp
    edited September 2009

oo lol okay xD

and TT99 gold glaive is beast b:laugh
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got 1 question. What foxform skill can be used to hold aggro? If I want to use my veno to tank in HA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Unfortunatly, none. You'd have a better chance stealing aggro in human form (since you'd more damage.) Fox form has no aggro skills what-so-ever, kinda lame. The best i'd say to use would be leech life (with amp) but you'd have no luck taking aggro from your pet or a barb.. or archer >_>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Venos would propably be best tanks in game if we had aggro skill. We could tank magic or physical enemys and leech life from them and debuffb:chuckle
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    BLEH and here I was happily thinking I could tank and hold aggro with my HA veno. LOLz /facepalm

Thanks very much for the replies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    BLEH and here I was happily thinking I could tank and hold aggro with my HA veno. LOLz /facepalm

Thanks very much for the replies.

You can! Alpha Male = Veno Tank. ^^; As long as the other people inyour party know you are tanking and can adjust their attacks as such.

Alpha Male is a Genie Skill, BTW. I use it a lot in TTs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • verse
    verse Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    <-- lvl 90 heavy/robe sage, thanks to rei and others who posted in this thread. ^^
    i can't give exact stats right now, i'll try later. i do have my EQ's ready:

EQ:
    req blade +11dex +11mag +11vit, +5, 1 immac saph

helmet +4dex +5mag
    mountcrasher plate +7vit
    cuisses of sea captain +5str +4mag
    acrobatic armlets +6mag +7vit
    boots of intangibility
    cloak +5str +3mag

neck +9str +4vit
    mogwai belt +6str +5dex +5mag
    ring +9str +4mag
    ring +9mag +4vit

tome +7str +6vit

sum of it all: 227str 280mag 59dex 44vit

when i get the mats and get to 91 i'll be replacing the cuisses with mountcrasher ones, the boots with acrobatic ones. they're not the best but they suffice and i can decompose them if i ever hit 99... b:chuckle

also aiming for the gold TT90 robe...

in general i try to place immac's and flawless citrines and +3 anything that gives hp. maybe i'll + them higher since it will take a while to hit 99... >_<

i'm too lazy to get both full HA and robe sets. or rather it would take too much time and would be too expensive for me. plus i got this build with TW in mind. there's not enough time to switch armors nor situations where i get into 1v1 and not be disturbed by others.

so yah i was wondering... anyone with this build got any TW experience? my summary would be something like: more survival chances (i tanked a lvl 100 archer in TW for quite a while XD but i didn't get to kill him), awesome to switch from human to fox depending on the situation, less of a magic cannon though. probably needs to be said i try to play both the debuffer role and DD role during TW.

and i'm wondering... should i + the req blade as much as possible or aim to get a broken dream at 99 (vit+14-15)? if i don't aim for the broken dream, that will free up magic stat points... and i'm thinking of making a +15str tome out of my current one.

sage skills i got so far: venomous, ironwood, fox form. have a melee mastery waiting till i hit 92. want many more sage skills b:cry

in general, i'm satisfied with this build, it suits my needs in TW. i worked towards it from around lvl 80, that's when i switched from full robe. though i do miss being a magic glass cannon in TT... less damage, run out of mana easy. foxing an FB/BH and TT is pretty neat combined with kowlin lvl 4 debuffs. now that i think of it i should make them lvl 5 XD too bad kowlin can't take damage well >_<

any questions/suggestions? =D
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Ideal for fox veno: ★★ Pataka of Melodic Prophecy..

EDIT: Forum ate my post.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    You can! Alpha Male = Veno Tank. ^^; As long as the other people inyour party know you are tanking and can adjust their attacks as such.

Oh yeah. It uses wood and earth affinity.. I could combine that with Hollow fist, both need strength points.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    edited September 2009

OOOOooooOOooo thanks much!!! I'm going to get that genie skill since my genie has an extra skill slot now thanks to the new patch for the genies. 59/70 genie b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verse
    verse Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    found out how that site works...
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c4aa9dc643280d1e

except that a few things are off >_>

phys att (in sage fox form) = 2141-2894
    mag att = 4115-4739
    accuracy = 1445
    phys res = 9766
    all resistances = 3780

i can't find the mistake or problem... it's not in the amount of dex, nor 1/2** or refining or buffs... >_>
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    OOOOooooOOooo thanks much!!! I'm going to get that genie skill since my genie has an extra skill slot now thanks to the new patch for the genies. 59/70 genie b:victory

Seems that alpha male needs lots of energy:S I should make another genie and put points in magic in order to get aggro more often.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Got the Alpha Male skill to level 7 and did have a chance to try it out when I was helping a friend with a TT3-1 run. It works great when the mobs start heading to the DDs after their crits. Luckily I outfitted my veno as a heavy and survived the mobs' ganking. b:chuckle

It was nearly a party wipe (my veno being the only survivor) at the first boss because the higher level veno tanking it with his herc dc'd. Summoned my veno's herc and tanked it. During the summoning, whole party was wiped except for my veno because she's in heavy gear. I'm very happy with this heavy / arcane set up. Thanks very much Rei and the others for the tips on a heavy / arcane build veno.

Absolutely love it and enjoy playing it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Alpha male eh? I'll have to check it out when my 4 week's worth of patches is done lmao. I was away from PWI for a good month, so i'm guessing "alpha male" was recently added? :-P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Alpha male eh? I'll have to check it out when my 4 week's worth of patches is done lmao. I was away from PWI for a good month, so i'm guessing "alpha male" was recently added? :-P

Alpha male wasn't recently added. I guess I didint remeber there is such a skill.

Talking about veno tank, veno tank is mostly same as battle fox build but little more focused on defense than physical attack?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, guess I missed it in the hundreds of thousands of genie skills when I was going through the lists x__X

I don't think so, terms like "fox build", veno tank", "melee veno", "battle fox" and ect are all thrown around so losley that none really have a specific meaning, they can reffer to quite a few different things depending on the person using the term. When I reffer to a veno tank myself, because venomancers themselves weren't actually designed for tanking, I'm more or less reffering to a venomancer who may have taken a different path with their build and has the capabilities to tank, whether they actually do or not.

Maybe there's an odd one or two venomancers out there who do, (I think Kittennice does? o.o) who actually preffer to tank themselves, but there's no specific build pertaining to a "veno tank". The battle fox build itself is just a pure fox user, since they just focus on str and dex, and wear heavy armour only, with a build like theirs you wouldn't really need to nerf your P.attack for defense, because it'll already be pretty high. Well that's just my take on things anyway xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cashka
    cashka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hellu!:)

Firstly,thanks Rei for such an awesome guide to H/A build :) It seems to be a worth trying build b:victory

I'm lvl 87 at the moment and I want to try this build at 90. However at the 89 there's cultivation and you have to choose between sage and demon. Could you tell me something/advice which cultivation is better for this build? You're yourself a sage veno as I see, but I've seen some heavy build venos going into demon... what are the most important pros and cons? I really don't want to mess up with cultivation cause there's basically no way back heh ^^'

Also, in Pk tactics you've said to wear heavy armor and arcane equipment towards certain classes, sometime to wear fully heavy or fully arcane. What's the optional equipment set towear? Like arcane wristguards and boots, rest heavy? Or perhaps it'd be good to grind mats and make both full HH90 sets and switch them depending on the enemy?

Oh, and side-question (I want to bound my whole equipment on 90, in case I'd make these full sets hh90 (heavy and arcane) and bind them, if I wear full heavy and arcane set will be in backpack - not equipped, may I lose them, even if they're bounded?

Thanks in advance for the answers :)
  • Pewie - Dreamweaver
    Pewie - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got 40 Points. I don't know where i should add them

• Vit
    • Mag
    • Str
    • Dex

Anyone could help me?

I really don't know. what kinda build this Venomancer should be.