Think venomancers are overpowered? Please read.

Comments

• chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dieseasily wrote: »
    The whole problem with your statment is... well everthing. 'How many Venos with nixs like to pvp?' have you not been reading where everyone is complaing that the veno's with nix's are uber because they pvp? The way everyone else is complaining, and you are complaining, it suggests all venos with nix's like to pvp. Hell, according to most of you complainers, the whole reason Venos get Nixs is to pvp. Otherwise venos would go with Hercs.

Secondly, those stats are for BOTH pvp and PVE! Cold hard fact. Venos are out done on both by archers. And the total of both PVP and PVE showing that while Venos are in second place among all standings combined, Archer nearly DOUBLE venos.

Thirdly this whole thread was about Venos as a whole, not just the ones with Nixs. So the person who posted the stats for Venos as a whole was ON TOPIC with this thread.

No, not according to us. We "complainers" talk about PvP nix venos because their flesh ream is bugged to do normal damage, and nix venos are unashamed to still spam it. And that is what makes them "uber at PvP." Perhaps my question should be rephrased: "how many venos do you know are hardcore PvPers that try to keep their ranking?"
    Plus, I'd like to think venos get phoenix to better PvE. Grinding becomes a piece of cake.
    Yeah, archers do grind pretty easily at higher levels. They didn't have that luxury in beginning or even mid-game. They can't solo TT, nor even come close to soloing bosses. I'd go on and on, but I'll stop there.
    It's too bad there arent charts for monetary gain compared to time played.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No, not according to us. We "complainers" talk about PvP nix venos because their flesh ream is bugged to do normal damage, and nix venos are unashamed to still spam it. And that is what makes them "uber at PvP." Perhaps my question should be rephrased: "how many venos do you know are hardcore PvPers that try to keep their ranking?"
    Plus, I'd like to think venos get phoenix to better PvE. Grinding becomes a piece of cake.
    Yeah, archers do grind pretty easily at higher levels. They didn't have that luxury in beginning or even mid-game. They can't solo TT, nor even come close to soloing bosses. I'd go on and on, but I'll stop there.

bleed is not bugged..most of ppl will attack always to pet...and veno sux so hard in pvp anyways... so u want just that u can pk every white named veno cuz no need use skills etc but oh my god if veno has nix and u die cuz veno was 2 lvls lower than u i think thats why ur complaining ..im not complaining if i get pked by lvl 60 players :)
  • Jitora - Lost City
    Jitora - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bleed is not bugged..most of ppl will attack always to pet...and veno sux so hard in pvp anyways... so u want just that u can pk every white named veno cuz no need use skills etc but oh my god if veno has nix and u die cuz veno was 2 lvls lower than u i think thats why ur complaining ..im not complaining if i get pked by lvl 60 players :)

Are you seriously claiming Bleed isn't bugged....Wow..just wow.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009

As for making money, veno skills are expensive. Do you have to pay 200k each time you want to upgrade skills starting at lvl 1? Or 300k to get a new skill? A veno has to pay that each time they want to upgrade their pets skills. And it is necessary to upgrade their pets skills otherwise the pet loses the ability to hold an attacker and the mob goes after the veno. And when mobs go after venos, they have the worst stun in the game to try stop it long enought to run away. Mix into that the cost of their own skill and they are not as rich as you make them seem.

As a Wizard, in 8 hours I made 1.5 million and I am only level 35. I did it by manufacturing equipment and selling it on the auction system. Dring that 8 hours I was able to farm enough materials that I was able to make more equipment to sell. Granted I did make 4 3* weapons that were lvl 39 to 49 that I sold all but the best one, which I kept for myself. And of the 2 the new equipment pieces I made, I was only able to sell 1 piece for 60k. So At level 35 I have made enough money to keep me repaired, and in pots for quite some time. And then there is also the other money/equips/pots/DQ items I found while grinding for the materials to manufacture more stuffs. I'd say that I did pretty well for myself. And I did not have to spend 500k to get a new skill up to lvl 2 so I think I am ahead of your average veno, unless some veno wants to prove me wrong on that.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As a Wizard, in 8 hours I made 1.5 million and I am only level 35. I did it by manufacturing equipment and selling it on the auction system. Dring that 8 hours I was able to farm enough materials that I was able to make more equipment to sell. Granted I did make 4 3* weapons that were lvl 39 to 49 that I sold all but the best one, which I kept for myself. And of the 2 the new equipment pieces I made, I was only able to sell 1 piece for 60k. So At level 35 I have made enough money to keep me repaired, and in pots for quite some time. And then there is also the other money/equips/pots/DQ items I found while grinding for the materials to manufacture more stuffs. I'd say that I did pretty well for myself. And I did not have to spend 500k to get a new skill up to lvl 2 so I think I am ahead of your average veno, unless some veno wants to prove me wrong on that.

None of the methods you listed are class specific though.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    As for making money, veno skills are expensive. Do you have to pay 200k each time you want to upgrade skills starting at lvl 1? Or 300k to get a new skill? A veno has to pay that each time they want to upgrade their pets skills. And it is necessary to upgrade their pets skills otherwise the pet loses the ability to hold an attacker and the mob goes after the veno. And when mobs go after venos, they have the worst stun in the game to try stop it long enought to run away. Mix into that the cost of their own skill and they are not as rich as you make them seem.

Do you notice that your story of making money as a wiz had nothing to do with being a wizard? But rather, the luck of your crafting. And i highly doubt even 3*s would sell for that much now.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yes cuz otherwise it would be fixed ages ago...u are barbi and just hate cuz veno's can solo everything which is not true but u also want that veno's only hope in pk/pvp will be nerfed and if bleed get nerfed next topic will be like why veno can solo fb/tt and others cant....ppls has said it in topics that veno is solo class...noone want/need em for like zhen party...1-60 is easy.. other classes lil bit harder at those lvls but when others hit lvl60 they pass veno like 100-0 while veno is still trying make lvl61 so please shh :)
  • dieseasily
    edited February 2009

No more bugged then the arches AOE skill used in Zhen parties. If the skill is working the way it is written, then it is not bugged. And since other pets get Bleed as well, and you are not complaining about those pets, it means that the skill is not bugged. It is just overpowered when mixed with this pet because this pet has an abnormally high damage to begin with.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • dieseasily
    edited February 2009
    Do you notice that your story of making money as a wiz had nothing to do with being a wizard? But rather, the luck of your crafting. And i highly doubt even 3*s would sell for that much now.

That was this past saturday, it was several 3* weapons and other items I found or crafter, and how does it not pertain to me being a wizard??? Oh waite, I see, its because a veno can do it too right? Well so can a barb, cleric, BM, and archer. That was my point. Regardless of what class you are, you can do it.

And what about your skills? why did you completely ignore that part of my statement? Did you have to pay 500k at level 20 to get a new skill and up it to level 2? Or at lvl 50? At what level do you finally have to pay 500k to get 1 new skill and upgrade it to level 2?
  • damani
    damani Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Def was not thrilled to see a veno soloing 8 seapray bloodwulfs yesterday.

Normally it takes this thing called a "zhen party" (...) to be able to take on 7-8 of these things when they are levels higher than you.

Veno did it alone with a herc......balanced? When one char can do alone what it takes a group of 4-6 others to do........

Also watching the veno scooping mats while the herc was killing a mob was....well, i wanted either the mob OR the mat, so......

I dunno how it works out with them having to pay a ton for skills, but I'm pretty sure if you just nerfed the megapetz then things would balance out and Venos would probably STILL be the best class 0_o
  • Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
    Vixentriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Does anyone actually who is supporting this complaint on veno''s not thinking about that Venos need to have a pet the majory of the time?????

Venos rely on pets for a major reason, And thats to be able to survive, wether its an bought pet or a tamed pet. Its both for the same things... and tw's dont allow nixs because its ainstance...

Venos do not got good nukes like wizzard or aoes like archers, nor do they have physicall godness like bm/barbs

Neither do they have buffs etc like clerics...

Also the majority of venos dont even have ahercule/ nix so I do not understand at all why you are complaining.

You want to have a super easy pk? or want a challange? Your on a pve server, go find other venos if you dont like to fight nixs or go pk mode like most high level do in secret passage.
  • Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
    Vixentriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    damani wrote: »
    Def was not thrilled to see a veno soloing 8 seapray bloodwulfs yesterday.

Normally it takes this thing called a "zhen party" (...) to be able to take on 7-8 of these things when they are levels higher than you.

Veno did it alone with a herc......balanced? When one char can do alone what it takes a group of 4-6 others to do........

Also watching the veno scooping mats while the herc was killing a mob was....well, i wanted either the mob OR the mat, so......

I dunno how it works out with them having to pay a ton for skills, but I'm pretty sure if you just nerfed the megapetz then things would balance out and Venos would probably STILL be the best class 0_o

Since when are venos WANTED for zhens? Never. Zhen contain of 2 archers, , cleric, 2 wizzards...
  • godheadslament
    godheadslament Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yes cuz otherwise it would be fixed ages ago...u are barbi and just hate cuz veno's can solo everything which is not true but u also want that veno's only hope in pk/pvp will be nerfed and if bleed get nerfed next topic will be like why veno can solo fb/tt and others cant....ppls has said it in topics that veno is solo class...noone want/need em for like zhen party...1-60 is easy.. other classes lil bit harder at those lvls but when others hit lvl60 they pass veno like 100-0 while veno is still trying make lvl61 so please shh :)

Phoenix isn't a venos only hope in pk. You can do fine without it. At least thats what many good venos claimed.

And the argument that over lvl 60-75 a venos leveling would be soooo hard is fragile, since zhening isn't by far as effective as you think. Just grab a training esoterica and grind air mobs for an hour and you get about 75% of the exp you'd get from 1 hour zhening.
    Furthermore only 5% of the player that could zhen are doing it actually since it is too expensive.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    That was this past saturday, it was several 3* weapons and other items I found or crafter, and how does it not pertain to me being a wizard??? Oh waite, I see, its because a veno can do it too right? Well so can a barb, cleric, BM, and archer. That was my point. Regardless of what class you are, you can do it.

And what about your skills? why did you completely ignore that part of my statement? Did you have to pay 500k at level 20 to get a new skill and up it to level 2? Or at lvl 50? At what level do you finally have to pay 500k to get 1 new skill and upgrade it to level 2?

Precisely. Anyone can do that. We're discussing ways only venos can make money. Else you might say anyone can mine a herb and sell it for 400 coin each. But the primary ways don't rely on luck. Primary ways of making money are getting drops, which venos get faster due to faster mob killing, or spending rl money and selling boutique items. Fact is venos have the further option of soloing TT, which potentially brings in far more money than the first method. Trust me, venos in my guild do it all the time. Why would they if it didn't work?
    It's like pet skills are the most expensive things in the world. When you reach 6x, for melees it reaches hundreds of thousands for repairs too. And mind you, repairs are needed on a weekly basis due to the very nature of our class. Archers need arrows, mages and clerics gobble mp up. Oh sure venos need repairs too. What's the time interval between them, and how much does it cost? 15k for everything? It cost over 30k to repair my weapon alone.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    @godheadslament
    Disregarding phoenix, sawfly is a 1 shot. Some venos who have claimed they can PK just fine wound up messing up their arguments and becoming laughing stocks.

@Vixentriel
    Phoenix is allowed in TW because of the implementation of flying. But unless you're in the air, I'm betting most of the time you can get it stuck in the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godheadslament
    edited February 2009
    @godheadslament
    Disregarding phoenix, sawfly is a 1 shot. Some venos who have claimed they can PK just fine wound up messing up their arguments and becoming laughing stocks.

I don't want the phoenix to be removed but the bleed bug - and it IS a bug - to be fixed.
  • dieseasily
    edited February 2009
    I don't want the phoenix to be removed but the bleed bug - and it IS a bug - to be fixed.

Qouting the gms here, if the skill works the way it is written to then it is not "bugged". But then again the GMs were talking about the Never Ending Archer AOE skill. The same holds true here. If you are not complaining about a wolf or torgirn with the same skill doing the same thing, then the skill is not bugged, its just an overpowering combination. If you nerf that then the next skill to be nerfed will be the archer's aoe skill. Im not an archer so I don't know the proper name of that skill. But there has been a heated debates about that as well.

I personally do not want to see either nerfed because I know if we start nerfing skills because some people complained, then the complaints will start rolling in about other skills and it will not stop.
  • dieseasily
    edited February 2009
    Precisely. Anyone can do that. We're discussing ways only venos can make money. Else you might say anyone can mine a herb and sell it for 400 coin each. But the primary ways don't rely on luck. Primary ways of making money are getting drops, which venos get faster due to faster mob killing, or spending rl money and selling boutique items. Fact is venos have the further option of soloing TT, which potentially brings in far more money than the first method. Trust me, venos in my guild do it all the time. Why would they if it didn't work?
    It's like pet skills are the most expensive things in the world. When you reach 6x, for melees it reaches hundreds of thousands for repairs too. And mind you, repairs are needed on a weekly basis due to the very nature of our class. Archers need arrows, mages and clerics gobble mp up. Oh sure venos need repairs too. What's the time interval between them, and how much does it cost? 15k for everything? It cost over 30k to repair my weapon alone.

Your arguement is that venos can make more money faster then every other class. But when I show that I can do it quite easily as a wizard my arguement is invalid? Your arguement is now just a lynch the veno because how dare anyone say that other classes can make money. So what if a veno can do it a little faster. At what level does it really become a huge differance? And again WHAT LEVEL DID YOU HAVE TO PAY $300K FOR A NEW SKILL OR $200K TO UPGRADE A SKILL TO LVL 2? I know it starts at latest lvl 20 for a veno. Im sure a veno player can correct this for me if I am off, but I doubt I am off by much.

And by your own admission, venos do have to repair their equipment as well. It may not be as often, but then again they have huge expenses for skills to offset that. And I suspect that the repair costs for a veno are the same as for a wizard or cleric when it comes to repairing their weapons, as they are all using the weapons the same way. And while they may not need to repair their armors as often as a cleric or wizard because of the pet, I bet that the cleric and wizard did not have to pay 300k for a new level 1 skill at level 20.

Your arguement is purposely misleading because you refuse to acknowledge these additional expenses that no other class has.
  • godheadslament
    edited February 2009
    Qouting the gms here, if the skill works the way it is written to then it is not "bugged". But then again the GMs were talking about the Never Ending Archer AOE skill. The same holds true here. If you are not complaining about a wolf or torgirn with the same skill doing the same thing, then the skill is not bugged, its just an overpowering combination. If you nerf that then the next skill to be nerfed will be the archer's aoe skill. Im not an archer so I don't know the proper name of that skill. But there has been a heated debates about that as well.

There is a common damage reduction in PvP which doesn't affect pets bleed. Since the damage reduction is the 'written' rule in this case the skill IS bugged.
    According to your comparison to Barrage of Arrows the 75% damage reduction is the bug, since it is not mentioned in the description of any skill and all the player skills would suffer from it. But you know as good as i do that this isn't true.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Your arguement is that venos can make more money faster then every other class. But when I show that I can do it quite easily as a wizard my arguement is invalid? Your arguement is now just a lynch the veno because how dare anyone say that other classes can make money. So what if a veno can do it a little faster. At what level does it really become a huge differance? And again WHAT LEVEL DID YOU HAVE TO PAY $300K FOR A NEW SKILL OR $200K TO UPGRADE A SKILL TO LVL 2? I know it starts at latest lvl 20 for a veno. Im sure a veno player can correct this for me if I am off, but I doubt I am off by much.

And by your own admission, venos do have to repair their equipment as well. It may not be as often, but then again they have huge expenses for skills to offset that. And I suspect that the repair costs for a veno are the same as for a wizard or cleric when it comes to repairing their weapons, as they are all using the weapons the same way. And while they may not need to repair their armors as often as a cleric or wizard because of the pet, I bet that the cleric and wizard did not have to pay 300k for a new level 1 skill at level 20.

Your arguement is purposely misleading because you refuse to acknowledge these additional expenses that no other class has.

My point was, that you were using methods any class could use. That ANYone could do. Obviously, anyone can make 3* weapons. It's all up to luck. We're not talking about that.
    We're talking about other ways only venos can make money. Added onto the fact they already make money faster, in general, than other classes. Sure I wouldn't mind if they could solo, say a miniboss or something, but TT? Why must every other class be forced to get a squad? And thereafter split the drops?
    Yes repair costs for a veno may be the same for a wiz or cleric. But you forgot the giant mp consumption difference between the veno and the other two.
    You say venos must upgrade pet skills at lvl 20. I have a veno at lvl 20, and she kills mobs without a sweat.
    It seems your argument has "refuse to acknowledge" additional expenses other classes have as well.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My point was, that you were using methods any class could use. That ANYone could do. Obviously, anyone can make 3* weapons. It's all up to luck. We're not talking about that.
    We're talking about other ways only venos can make money. Added onto the fact they already make money faster, in general, than other classes. Sure I wouldn't mind if they could solo, say a miniboss or something, but TT? Why must every other class be forced to get a squad? And thereafter split the drops?
    Yes repair costs for a veno may be the same for a wiz or cleric. But you forgot the giant mp consumption difference between the veno and the other two.
    You say venos must upgrade pet skills at lvl 20. I have a veno at lvl 20, and she kills mobs without a sweat.
    It seems your argument has "refuse to acknowledge" additional expenses other classes have as well.

Anyone can create a veno to farm with, and still use their main character class for actually playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Anyone can create a veno to farm with, and still use their main character class for actually playing.

There we go. "Anyone can create a veno to farm with." Why would people do that? Because venos simply farm faster to begin with.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    damani wrote: »

I'd like to see you break through a werebeast's hp heiro or a bm without bugged bleed and without functional bramble (oh wait, they already foolishly deleted bramble's effect).

BM = constant stun = his heiro regens. Zerk weapons give him every bit as much dps as your steriotypical "glass cannon".... exept he's an adamantium cannon

Barb = same as above but with less mass stun/aoes, and a truckload more of hp. someone tell me why is a tank a damage dealer? in real games like L2 they give tanks skills to force people to target them... not instantly kill anything with under 6k hp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Solbrio - Sanctuary
    Solbrio - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:cry

give it up already, took me 2 days to read all thru this bs

from all this advantages and disadvantages, each class has its own +'s and -'s.

seems pretty even all broke down like this.

now b:shutup stop b:cry and go back to the game already.

b:scorn
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Umm..do you really honestly know what your talking about? the xp from an FB boss is constant..you could not raise a finger and still get the xp from it..its a quest... And your telling people that you get less xp for healing, thats just idiotic. Because its bound to make some clerics not want to heal when this is totally untrue.

Completely true... I was in a FB29 yesterday and no cleric in the party... (no comments plz xD) and I got ambushed by these ghouls and exploding lantern and died in the room where u kill this biggie to open the door to kill Quinzi... Since there was no cleric I stayed there... dead, and got my exp anyway. xD
    And My "QQing" About Venos is due to one little fact..I have lost FB runs, HH runs, and various other things because they had a herc in the pt and said they had no need for a barbarian. My role as a tank is becoming less and less.

I don't have a herc myself but I'd never replace a tank who's got real intelligence and control over his char with a pet. My point of view... I still go for barbs :)
    No, not according to us.

haha you make me laugh... just that. No insults, no nothing... I just pity you and they way you try to turn things around so they fit your purpose and thinking.

Said that, I'm off to live a life where no Phoenix will PK no other with a bugged Flesh Ream.

Btw, you don't want to die against a phoenix? Work your butt off and get 20 milliions and buy the best armor around... you just don't wanna do so and you come here to complain about others that work their butts off to get a pet that will pwn u 20 times in a minute. If you're lazy or so incompetent not to find a way to survive a Phoenix then go play Barbie in the Ocean. I'm sure a clothing game would suit you perfectly.

I go melee sometimes and I see how the endurance goes down and down every minute and I end up paying around 40-50k after a couple of killings.

And as for the skills, you don't pay less than 50k to upgrade them. I've been paying around 90-100k each in around lvl5/6... In lvl 59 I have to pay 120k for nova and I think the same amount goes for Hood... and the spirit... well, no less than 70/80k each skill.

Pet's skills are over 500k each (just a few are 250k) and upgrades are 200k. If you want to forget a skill, you need another 100k and don't forget that you have to upgrade healing... and don't we forget about feeding... and let's not forget about charms and pots... and let's not forget about shards to increase HP (Vit pts suck for Venos)... there are a lot of things that we can't forget about if we're rolling a veno... unfortunately, some "personajes" posting in here speak without proof... they should try and level a veno and we'll see if they complain later... ALSO, don't forget that you have to level your pets... by fighting... ONLY by fighting. Unfortunately, my pets wont get exp when I hand in quests... and they get up to 15 exp points per killing if they got over 50/60% loyalty... so, If I quest a lot and lvl up fast... I'll end up with a pet 10 lvls below, which totally sux cuz it's kind of an obstacle.. it doesn't even work as a tank. Don't forget Phoenixes and Hercs are lvl1 when u get them... wow, so many things we shouldn't forget that I already forgot them all...

gosh
    edited February 2009
    No, not according to us.

haha you make me laugh... just that. No insults, no nothing... I just pity you and they way you try to turn things around so they fit your purpose and thinking.

Said that, I'm off to live a life where no Phoenix will PK no other with a bugged Flesh Ream.

Btw, you don't want to die against a phoenix? Work your butt off and get 20 milliions and buy the best armor around... you just don't wanna do so and you come here to complain about others that work their butts off to get a pet that will pwn u 20 times in a minute. If you're lazy or so incompetent not to find a way to survive a Phoenix then go play Barbie in the Ocean. I'm sure a clothing game would suit you perfectly.
    edited February 2009
    please delete this and post number 417 too xD

thanks
  • dieseasily
    edited February 2009
    There is a common damage reduction in PvP which doesn't affect pets bleed. Since the damage reduction is the 'written' rule in this case the skill IS bugged.
    According to your comparison to Barrage of Arrows the 75% damage reduction is the bug, since it is not mentioned in the description of any skill and all the player skills would suffer from it. But you know as good as i do that this isn't true.

Thank you~ as you will note I was only saying taht to complain that a nix can do it and no other it would be an invalid arguement. You actually show where it is not the Nix's fault it really is a bug in the skill. At least now I can assume so unless the skill states that it delivers bleed damage a set amount of bleed damage.

And the "bug" that is not a bug with Barrage of Arrows is that it is sapposed to end when the mob dies so since an archer can start a duel, at the near end of the dual they start the spell, which does not ever end because the opponent does not die in a duel. Now the reason this is not a bug is because the skill does not say it is sapposed to end when the opponent dies. This is how those famous zen parties are soo powerful. You get 2 archers casting on the same spot and the rest of the party leads mobs to it. AGAIN THIS IS NOT A BUG, but it is extremely unfair to others that are not allowed into the party, like venos. So I see venos being able to solo as a balance to this skill. If they could not solo, and they are not wanted in parties like this, then you effectively kill the class.
  • Solbrio - Sanctuary
    Solbrio - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I put around $200 into the game in the last month...but I didn't buy a Nix, or a Herc b:surrender

cuz I thought this was like that Barbie game and bought all kinda fashion stuff for my cute lil kitty veno b:cute

some of you take this GAME really to seriously. What ever happened to playing to just have some fun? b:question
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're using the same flawed logic they do. They try to prove venos aren't overpowered with PvP rankings. I simply countered that you have to take into account other factors that make up the ranking itself. Just as citing a theory does not discredit their statistic, citing a statistic so variable such as PvP ranking does not prove a point.

They are citing a theory (that venos are not the best at PvP) and providing a statistic which backs it up.

You are citing a theory (that venos are overpowered, but don't top the PvP charts because PvPers like to play archers more) and providing nothing to back it up.

See the difference? I can sit on my chair all day and come up with theories why anything everyone says is flawed. But it all means jack squat unless I provide some evidence to back up what I say. It's impossible to prove a negative. If you theorize that reindeer can fly, I can collect every reindeer alive and push them off a cliff. I will not have proven that reindeer can't fly - maybe they chose not to fly for some reason. The burden of proof is on you, as the one advocating the theory that reindeer can fly (or in this case that PvPers prefer playing archers rather than overpowered venos), to come up with evidence to support your theory. It is not up to others to disprove your theory.
This discussion has been closed.