Think venomancers are overpowered? Please read.

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Jeez use some common sense,venos are A SOLO CLASS some people prefer SOLO PLAYING the devs made venos with that in mind it is good business sense large part of playerbase are made up of people who can't/won't/hate relying on squads of players,you nerf venos pets any(exclude herc and nix from this)they won't be able to handle normal mobs rofl even one on one.

Nerf the pets and you won't be able to do tt solo runs anymore,and for all who cry about venos being able to do tt solo mode and no one else can,tt solo was designed around the veno and more specifically the pet,that is why the freaking pet does unreduced damage to the bosses so you aren't stood fighting a single boss for 5 hours,so again the devs knew what they were doing by not reducing damage from pets in tt,they are including not excluding the solo type player,all the rest of you can do tt squad runs for more profit than a veno in solo...not to mention the mats from solo mode are going down fast in price anyway so the profit is getting smaller by the day.

All other classes don't need their own little pet or a cash shop item with abilities=to a herc because YOU'RE NOT A SOLO CLASS you're designed to work well in a team and the team can do everything a veno can but better,if you wish to solo pve like a veno,then be a veno that is the designated solo class.

Pvp i can't really say too much i haven't done much of it in pwi yet,except the flesh ream does need fixed,hell i've fought venos and their phoenixes and they ruin tw plain and simple,gutless lil cowards do nothing but run and send their nix to everyone...kill their nix and you'll see them play hide and seek until they can find somewhere to revive it lol.

Now your classes may be harder to level in the short term without using cash shop,and sure you will make less money,but endgame it'll be worth it,read a lot of the other pw forums and venos do not excel in pvp apparently.

Now for herc,he is usefull and he makes venos happy as heck to own one and be able to do your fbs and bosses so much easier,but i don't think it should be allowed into tt squad mode,it should be unsummonable in there i'm sure that wouldn't be hard to program in.

Wish you would all quit crying because nerfing venos to the point where they are gimped at any kinda solo activity will harm the game not help it.

Sadly what these nerf veno people want is to kill the class. If they take the veno's ability to solo away. They kill the Veno. Veno's, as you stated, were designed to be THE solo class in the game. None of these people crying out about it can get that past their QQ about the class, even when hard facts like when the top 50 level and PvP stats are thrown out. If we were so Dang Blasted strong we would rule the top. We don't. We sit squarely in the middle. Their just QQ because they didn't roll the class in the game that is designed to SOLO the majority of the game content and feel it's somehow unfair that we (the class designed to solo) Solo the game like we are designed to do.

*points out once again the top levels in the game on all servers. If Veno's were so easy, those top levels would be filled by Veno's.. but {omg facts eeeek run from them} we don't fill those slots. The top players are Clerics and Archers for the most part.*

Whats this mean? It means even FACTS won't stop these whining little puke stains from whining about how overpowered the [middle ranked] Veno's are.

~Saitada
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As I've posted smth like this already in another of this guy's threads I'll say it here also: You can't possibly say that all the ppl that play the 5 other classes are just making stuff up,there are other 5 classes who say you are wrong ,and even a part of your class agrees that you/they are OP in all aspects,just who the hell do you think you are? Is your way of thinking "100 ppl are wrong,but me as 1 person will always be right!" ? You will find discussions about classes being OP in all games but not a single one of them has had all other classes complain about the same class over and over again over a long period of time both pvp and pve wise.
    Ever figured in that selfish head of yours that those ppl might actually have a point?
    It's ppl like you who think the majority is wrong but they'r right,that make me sick.
  • Powermind - Lost City
    Powermind - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Whats this mean? It means even FACTS won't stop these whining little puke stains from whining about how overpowered the [middle ranked] Veno's are.

~Saitada

Veno's are OP, QQ b:victory
  • Pixydust - Heavens Tear
    Pixydust - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The thing i see most, is ppl just complain of the pets..The easiest way is just give ever class a pet option and that way they can deal with the up keep on the pets ,like the venos do. No offence to any class or play type but everyone seems to think the pets are the venos greatest asset and i agree with that point , so just let everyone get a pet would saeve on a headach.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1. Why do people keep pointing to the PvP list as if it justifies entirely whether venos are imbalanced or not? Sure, venos [without phoenix] aren't the best PvPers, but that's only one detail. How many venos with phoenixes do you know pk often anyway? Answer me that. If most phoenix venos simply don't like to pk, then you have no leverage.
    You have the theory that the reason venos don't top the PvP list is because PvPers don't like playing venos. It is your responsibility to provide evidence to back up that theory. Until such evidence is produced, the null hypothesis (that PvPers like to play all classes equally, or at least in accordance to their capability in PvP) must be assumed to be true.

The folks arguing that venos aren't overpowered provided a statistic backing up their claim. If you want to challenge that, you need to provide a statistic which shows otherwise. Simply citing a theory as to why their statistic may be wrong does not discredit their statistic. You need to prove it.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    As I've posted smth like this already in another of this guy's threads I'll say it here also: You can't possibly say that all the ppl that play the 5 other classes are just making stuff up,there are other 5 classes who say you are wrong ,and even a part of your class agrees that you/they are OP in all aspects,just who the hell do you think you are? Is your way of thinking "100 ppl are wrong,but me as 1 person will always be right!" ? You will find discussions about classes being OP in all games but not a single one of them has had all other classes complain about the same class over and over again over a long period of time both pvp and pve wise.
    Ever figured in that selfish head of yours that those ppl might actually have a point?
    It's ppl like you who think the majority is wrong but they'r right,that make me sick.

*points out ALL the servers top 50 characters in LEVEL and; top 50 characters in PVP standings once again* Refute those facts. Veno's sit in the middle of those standings. SQUARE in the middle. Refute it. Deny it. Prove me wrong. If we are so damned strong, why ain't we at the VERY top all across the boards? Why are Archers and Clerics on ALL but sanctuary server, ranking out higher than we do in the top 50?

Except on Sanctuary where Veno's have more in the top 50 level than other classes (3 characters more than archers and 5 more than clerics).

Veno: 14
    Archer: 11
    Cleric: 9
    Blademaster: 7
    Wizard: 6
    Barb: 3

And are ranked second against other classes in PVP (with archers doubling our rank btw)

Archer: 20
    Veno: 10
    Wizard: 9
    Cleric: 5
    Blademaster: 4
    Barbarian: 2

~S
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    *points out ALL the servers top 50 characters in LEVEL and; top 50 characters in PVP standings once again* Refute those facts. Veno's sit in the middle of those standings. SQUARE in the middle. Refute it. Deny it. Prove me wrong. If we are so damned strong, why ain't we at the VERY top all across the boards? Why are Archers and Clerics on ALL servers ranking out higher than we do in the top 50?

~S

Facts are facts, they can't be denied.

If the veno haters were correct, as they all are so sure they are. The veno's should be laying waste to entire servers, and everyone they see, and should be solidly on top of the ranking lists.

But the hard facts prove them wrong, and they choose to just ignore what they can not argue against. If veno's were god mode. Why are so many other classes getting so many more kills? lol

End of debate.

Can this really be so hard to understand?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
    edited February 2009
    *points out ALL the servers top 50 characters in LEVEL and; top 50 characters in PVP standings once again* Refute those facts. Veno's sit in the middle of those standings. SQUARE in the middle. Refute it. Deny it. Prove me wrong. If we are so damned strong, why ain't we at the VERY top all across the boards? Why are Archers and Clerics on ALL servers ranking out higher than we do in the top 50?

Except on Sanctuary where Veno's have more in the top 50 than other classes.

~S

I had only counted Lost City's stats yesterday when I first brought up the ranking arguement. As they were to this point, our only true pvp server. I thought that was the best example to use, because of this fact.

So Sanc has a few more veno's than archers on that server eh? Cool! I'd hardly say this is overwhelmingly dominant 14 to 11. We all know if they ever do nerf veno's, it will be archers that will be next for the whiners to try and get nerfed. They always have to be crying about somebody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Venomancers
    Advantages:
    - Huge money-making potential due to being able to solo TT and more when others cannot, pets make this possible
    I'm going to dispute this point. I didn't want to because I didn't want the competition, but what the heck, it's only play-money.

All the classes have equally huge money-making potential.

The best way to make money in this game is by merchanting. Either with a cat shop or via the auction house. I stumbled onto this a little over a week ago. My cat shop pulls in about half a million in profit a day. And I don't even have to play the game to make that money. I was out of the house every day that first weekend - I only came home to sleep. Checked and reset the cat shop in 5-10 minutes before going to bed each night. By Monday I'd made 1.5 million.

It's gotten to where I leave the cat shop running on my laptop earning money, and I play on my desktop spending that money. I don't even bother farming or grinding for stuff to sell. I run a cat shop which buys the stuff I'm going to sell. When I have enough stuff, I switch to a cat shop which sells it. If I put more time into it, I have no doubt I could tweak my prices and selection so I could make over a million a day. But it makes enough money right now and I don't want to invest more time into improving it yet. I have other things in life I need to do.

Anyone can do this. Doesn't matter what class you play. So yes the veno can make more money than the other classes via grinding. But frankly that's a time-consuming and boring way to spend your play time. Set up a cat shop when you don't play, and spend your play time doing things that are actually fun.

Just checked and I made about 8k while typing this message. ;) All the classes have equally huge money-making potential.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well my friend play on my-en and here is msn convo between me and her today i dunno what to say :)

(11:55) nuuh: ppl still cry that nix's bleed is bugged lol
    (11:56) Carina: lol
    (11:57) nuuh: if it was bugged wonder why it hasnt been fixed :o
    (11:57) Carina: well of wat i heard its not bugged
    (11:58) Carina: phoenix makes that crazy dmg
    (11:58) Carina: but in china server
    (11:58) Carina: they reduced the dmg with some update
    (12:01) Carina: pwi a bunch of crybabies
    (12:01) nuuh: yea 90% from ur server so no wonder
    (12:02) Carina: ya all thre crybabies went there so we can play in peace now
    (12:08) nuuh: Originally Posted by Asgenar - Lost City View Post
    I'm saying that flesh ream isn't the problem, it's the whole class. And flesh ream and pheonixes are part of the class. Now go away.
    (12:08) nuuh: oh my
    (12:08) Carina: wtf lol
    (12:09) Carina: wf can be owned so easily
    (12:09) Carina: even with phoenix
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Hard Facts. Can't be Disputed as I pulled them straight from PWI's own ranking system.

Lost City Level Rankings:

Archer:20
    Cleric:5
    Wizard:6
    Venomancer:9
    Blademaster:5
    Barbarian:5

Heaven's Tear Level Rankings:

Archer:13
    Cleric:9
    Wizard:7
    Venomancer:9
    Blademaster:3
    Barbarian:9

Sanctuary Level Rankings:

Venomancer: 14
    Barbarian: 3

Lost City PVP Rankings:

Archer:22
    Cleric:2
    Wizard:7
    Venomancer:7
    Blademaster:5
    Barbarian:7

Heaven's Tear PVP Rankings:

Archer:16
    Cleric:8
    Wizard:8
    Venomancer:7
    Blademaster:8
    Barbarian:3

Sanctuary PVP Rankings:

Archer:20
    Cleric:5
    Wizard:9
    Venomancer:10
    Blademaster:4
    Barbarian:2

CROSS SERVER LEVEL RANKINGS BY CLASS (all three servers combined):

Archer:44
    Venomancer:32
    Cleric:23
    Wizard:19
    Barbarian:17
    Blademaster:15

CROSS SERVER PVP RANKINGS BY CLASS (all three servers combined):

Archer:58
    Wizard:24
    Venomancer:24
    Blademaster:17
    Cleric:15
    Barbarian:12

If we were so overpowered. There would be far more of us there than you see. You can't argue facts. We rank at best, SECOND with archers ranking first when all servers are taken into consideration.

COMBINE both LEVEL and PVP rankings and this is what you get:

Archer:102
    Venomancer:56
    Wizard:43
    Cleric:38
    Blademaster:32
    Barbarian:29

Veno's ranking a distant second. So much for our overpowered class.

~S
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to dispute this point. I didn't want to because I didn't want the competition, but what the heck, it's only play-money.

The best way to make money in this game is by merchanting. Either with a cat shop or via the auction house. I stumbled onto this a little over a week ago. My cat shop pulls in about half a million in profit a day. And I don't even have to play the game to make that money. I was out of the house every day that first weekend - I only came home to sleep. Checked and reset the cat shop in 5-10 minutes before going to bed each night. By Monday I'd made 1.5 million.

It's gotten to where I leave the cat shop running on my laptop earning money, and I play on my desktop spending that money. I don't even bother farming or grinding for stuff to sell. I run a cat shop which buys the stuff I'm going to sell. When I have enough stuff, I switch to a cat shop which sells it. If I put more time into it, I have no doubt I could tweak my prices and selection so I could make over a million a day. But it makes enough money right now and I don't want to invest more time into improving it yet. I have other things in life I need to do.

Anyone can do this. Doesn't matter what class you play. So yes the veno can make more money than the other classes via grinding. But frankly that's a time-consuming and boring way to spend your play time. Set up a cat shop when you don't play, and spend your play time doing things that are actually fun.

Just checked and I made about 8k while typing this message. ;) All the classes have equally huge money-making potential.

Merchanters in another game i played were as hated there as venos seem to be here lol
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Merchanters in another game i played were as hated there as venos seem to be here lol

Well, they ruin things by driving up all the prices. How can they NOT be hated?

I never had any trouble making money on any class on any mmo including this one and I don't do that merchant ****. Clearly people need to learn how to play without ruining the games economy.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, they ruin things by driving up all the prices. How can they NOT be hated?

I never had any trouble making money on any class on any mmo including this one and I don't do that merchant ****. Clearly people need to learn how to play without ruining the games economy.

They can also help keep prices stable and stop them free falling.

You mention your previous game a lot,i just think it was a crappy game run by crappy lazy incompetent devs.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    They can also help keep prices stable and stop them free falling.

You mention your previous game a lot,i just think it was a crappy game run by crappy lazy incompetent devs.

Actually the last game I played was exactly that. Run by crappy lazy incompetent devs. Even the GMs said so.b:chuckle That's not the only other game I've played however.
    Main characters
  • Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    *points out ALL the servers top 50 characters in LEVEL and; top 50 characters in PVP standings once again* Refute those facts. Veno's sit in the middle of those standings. SQUARE in the middle. Refute it. Deny it. Prove me wrong. If we are so damned strong, why ain't we at the VERY top all across the boards? Why are Archers and Clerics on ALL but sanctuary server, ranking out higher than we do in the top 50?

Except on Sanctuary where Veno's have more in the top 50 level than other classes (3 characters more than archers and 5 more than clerics).

And are ranked second against other classes in PVP (with archers doubling our rank btw)

Archer: 20
    Veno: 10
    Wizard: 9
    Cleric: 5
    Blademaster: 4
    Barbarian: 2

~S

I completely agree with you! I posted these stats yesterday sometime and the veno haters just don't pay attention. They are just unwilling to listen to facts and would rather just stick with their own opinions. It's rather Ridonkulous if you ask me. You can't dispute cold hard facts!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ugh...sorry for the loss of composure, but you people never seem to remember old posts and how it was addressed already.
    PvP rankings. Do. Not. Mean. $hit. Sure they show which classes have more kills. Does that mean because Verticoli is high on the list that barbs are uber? No. Have you ever considered that the reason archers are high on the list is because more archers like to pk? How many phoenix venos do you know like to pk? Because whenever we are addressing PvP with venos, we are addressing PvP with phoenix venos. You keep broadening it to the whole field of venos.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Ugh...sorry for the loss of composure, but you people never seem to remember old posts and how it was addressed already.
    PvP rankings. Do. Not. Mean. $hit. Sure they show which classes have more kills. Does that mean because Verticoli is high on the list that barbs are uber? No. Have you ever considered that the reason archers are high on the list is because more archers like to pk? How many phoenix venos do you know like to pk? Because whenever we are addressing PvP with venos, we are addressing PvP with phoenix venos. You keep broadening it to the whole field of venos.

It's already been stated, and is a simple fact that humans will always want the easy way out to do things. They want the easiest class to level they want the easiest class to pvp. They don't like doing work. Yet venos are just mid on the lists as keeps being shown. So just get the heck out of here with your trash. Learn about the game and how things work before you speak.b:shutup
    Main characters
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    You have the theory that the reason venos don't top the PvP list is because PvPers don't like playing venos. It is your responsibility to provide evidence to back up that theory. Until such evidence is produced, the null hypothesis (that PvPers like to play all classes equally, or at least in accordance to their capability in PvP) must be assumed to be true.

The folks arguing that venos aren't overpowered provided a statistic backing up their claim. If you want to challenge that, you need to provide a statistic which shows otherwise. Simply citing a theory as to why their statistic may be wrong does not discredit their statistic. You need to prove it.

You're using the same flawed logic they do. They try to prove venos aren't overpowered with PvP rankings. I simply countered that you have to take into account other factors that make up the ranking itself. Just as citing a theory does not discredit their statistic, citing a statistic so variable such as PvP ranking does not prove a point.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    It's already been stated, and is a simple fact that humans will always want the easy way out to do things. They want the easiest class to level they want the easiest class to pvp. They don't like doing work. Yet venos are just mid on the lists as keeps being shown. So just get the heck out of here with your trash. Learn about the game and how things work before you speak.b:shutup

Yay for attacking the person. This post has no argument.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    You're using the same flawed logic they do. They try to prove venos aren't overpowered with PvP rankings. I simply countered that you have to take into account other factors that make up the ranking itself. Just as citing a theory does not discredit their statistic, citing a statistic so variable such as PvP ranking does not prove a point.

YOU have yet to prove a point other than the fact that you're a moron that hates venos for no good reason. I have every class to a good level, I find no problems with them.
    Main characters
    edited February 2009

Yet it should not just be ignored either. Just because you don't like what the stats say, does not mean your ignorance outweighs the stats and somehow makes you correct vs those who actually do have valid points to make.

Many if not most of the people here QQ about Veno's and their pets are doing so because of their PVP experience's so that stats are a valid thing to bring into the argument. I don't care if you like it or not, your thoughts on all this became moot to me a while back, when you proved just how idiotic you could be. And are still proving so.

Why don't you go play the game or something instead of pissing off people on the forums, and crying for days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009

I'm afraid there are a few points you left out.
    Sure anyone can grind to make money. You didn't mention killing speed nor repair costs. And as a barb, you should know the repair costs. Also, it's rather convenient how venos can farm while their pet does all the attacking work.
    You'll have to be more detailed as to what you sold or how you made that money; simply saying you made that money without playing, well, isn't that convincing.
    And thus far all you've basically said is: "I was a cat shop selling (unknown) items and made money without playing, therefore all classes have equal money making potential."
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Yet it should not just be ignored either. Just because you don't like what the stats say, does not mean your ignorance outweighs the stats.

Many if not most of the people here QQ about Veno's and their pets are doing so because of their PVP experience's so that stats are a valid thing to bring into the argument. I don't care if you like it or not, your thoughts on all this became moot to be a while back, when you proved just how idiotic you could be. And are still proving so.

Why don't you go play the game or something instead of pissing off people on the forums, and crying for days.

Okay, what did "their PVP experience's" consist of? I think, most of the time, encountering a veno with phoenix. So stop broadening the field.
    I'm afraid most of the people I'm "pissing off" are venos, which is fairly expected.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Taming classes always have advantages, always able to do what other classes might not be able to. that does NOT make them overpowered that is a quality of the class.
    that said, i do fine on my cleric, i grinded up 20 mil coins on a CLERIC for my lowbie veno's herc. I pay for most all my charm costs and such with in game coin and can solo grind with ease. all that said i know veno's who dont have a penny to thier names & they die alot more then I do.. so does that make the cleric overpowered too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Okay, what did "their PVP experience's" consist of? I think, most of the time, encountering a veno with phoenix. So stop broadening the field.
    I'm afraid most of the people I'm "pissing off" are venos, which is fairly expected.

I asked you yesterday and I'll do it again. Quit hiding behind a anonymous identity. Show who you truly are, and quit being a coward. And what is really your stake in ruining things for the veno's of this game? Surely you must have a reason to dedicate so much time here crying for days. Pissing off others, and just being troll at best. I'm still questioning if you actually still play this game.

The only thing I can come up with, is you want to be known game wide as the biggest trouble maker on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    I asked you yesterday and I'll do it again. Quit hiding behind a anonymous identity. Show who you truly are, and quit being a coward. And what is really your stake in ruining things for the veno's of this game? Surely you must have a reason to dedicate so much time here crying for days. Pissing off others, and just being troll at best. I'm still questioning if you actually still play this game.

The only thing I can come up with, is you want to be known game wide as the biggest trouble maker on the forums.

Well, clearly you didn't read the post where I hinted at my level by saying I had quested at Sanctuary. The PW location, not the server.
    What is my stake? I'm simply getting my thoughts out there, and expressing them more logically than most threads which turn into strings of flames. You may say "crying," but I'm using logic and forcing you to come up with ways to try to disprove them.
    I see through your common tactic at belittling someone and adding insults instead of showing I'm wrong.
  • Jitora - Lost City
    Jitora - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Clerics
    Advantages:
    - Heals and buffs, oh my
    - Very powerful magic attack
    - Looong stun skill
    - Possible the most sought-after class in the game for parties
    - Both physical and magical attacks, making them flexible against opponents

Disadvantages:
    - Drains mana quickly due to all that casting, buffing, etc., not to mention Plume Shot isn't exactly low-cost
    - Squishy, but ability to heal + buff better than anyone makes this not so bad (?)
    - Responsibility to heal the group makes leveling difficult, might spend most of the time healing instead of nuking that FB boss (thus getting less exp from it)

Umm..do you really honestly know what your talking about? the xp from an FB boss is constant..you could not raise a finger and still get the xp from it..its a quest... And your telling people that you get less xp for healing, thats just idiotic. Because its bound to make some clerics not want to heal when this is totally untrue.

And My "QQing" About Venos is due to one little fact..I have lost FB runs, HH runs, and various other things because they had a herc in the pt and said they had no need for a barbarian. My role as a tank is becoming less and less.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well I said it on the other topic and I'll say it again...
    You can't use the pvp rankings as a valid reason to defend Venos.
    Nor can we.

Why? Because in Lost city, many players who've gotten recognition for pvp rankings have created their characters way before the phoenixes were even released.
    The reason archers are so popular for pvp rankings is because they're known to be the strongest pvp wise. That's why many people rolled an archer on HT and Lost City (The earliest servers). After months of work and leveling, do you think they'd all roll a veno again just because they think its going to raise their pvp rankings even more?

If anything, venos who have a phoenix doesn't automatically mean they can catch up to the server's pvp rankings within a short amount of time. A phoenix doesn't mean you'll be in the top 50 rankings with several hours, days or weeks of pvping.
    The time spent on pvping from those in the rankings are enormous.

On the other hand, Sanctuary a younger server has more venos (if you still consider pvp rankings a valid debate factor) does support the fact that phoenixes are driving the pvp more, since there's less high levels, and more people willing to "start over" (since they're lower level when phoenixes were released anyways) to roll a veno.

No one in their right mind who've spent lots of time and money on their current chars pvping and raising their ranks would even consider rerolling a whole new veno, spending another few months to raise their pvp ranking AND leveling, just to move up the ladder.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009

The whole problem with your statment is... well everthing. 'How many Venos with nixs like to pvp?' have you not been reading where everyone is complaing that the veno's with nix's are uber because they pvp? The way everyone else is complaining, and you are complaining, it suggests all venos with nix's like to pvp. Hell, according to most of you complainers, the whole reason Venos get Nixs is to pvp. Otherwise venos would go with Hercs.

Secondly, those stats are for BOTH pvp and PVE! Cold hard fact. Venos are out done on both by archers. And the total of both PVP and PVE showing that while Venos are in second place among all standings combined, Archer nearly DOUBLE venos.

Thirdly this whole thread was about Venos as a whole, not just the ones with Nixs. So the person who posted the stats for Venos as a whole was ON TOPIC with this thread.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
This discussion has been closed.