Think venomancers are overpowered? Please read.

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Flesh Ream ignores PvP damage reduction unlike any other pet ability.

That being said, I doubt it will ever be changed considering it's always been that way.

... not from what i have noticed with my nix.. like i said in an earlier post.. it does not hit all that hard in pvp. against mobs, hell yea, it's great, but.... i get a fraction of those numbers against players.
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Having done plenty of veno pvp on the MY server I have to say no. The class is just fine without it, its just that players don't know how to use the class.

Yay, finally a good person with good personal experience to talk to. Without flesh ream what would be the new purpose of a veno in pvp may I ask? This is purely curious on my part. If flesh ream was removed, I don't see how a veno can kill a BM/Barb/Archer/ or even beating a cleric that has plume shield on. Would they serve as primary debuffers instead?

As an archer, I can say that I can crit a veno to death if there is no flesh ream. For a cleric they can sleep the veno and deal with them accordingly with no pet's bleed to worry about. A BM/Barb will have an easier time dropping you without having to worry about their health from the bleed. I am seriously curious about the role of a veno in pvp without flesh ream coming from a person who has never played a veno before. Please teach me.
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    ... not from what i have noticed with my nix.. like i said in an earlier post.. it does not hit all that hard in pvp. against mobs, hell yea, it's great, but.... i get a fraction of those numbers against players.

pheonix smacks 500s on me every time it hits, I dunno how often it hits, but it doesn't take many, not to mention the bleed.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I didn't say it's physical attacks, just the damage from the ability itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I didn't say it's physical attacks, just the damage from the ability itself.

yea.. im talking about the ability too. im talking about all of it.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lols. If veno's pets didn't have flesh ream, there would be no point in rolling one in the PvP server. Without flesh ream, venos are the worst class in the game at pvp. I believe I've said this already. Which is why I'm saying that the game needs a skill overhaul, not just for venos perhaps.

You realize what you just said, right? Without Flesh Ream...

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a chance to put this argument to bed.

There is a new PvP server about to be opened, correct? How many of you have video recording software and are willing to do an experiment? Do us all a favor, and record, from the beginning, a PvP veno that never has a pet use Flesh Ream, either by never having a pet with it, or deleting the skill from a pet that has it. And then, dominate everyone. What better way to put this **** about veno's only using the bugged skill to rest for eternity? Prove, once and for all, that venos aren't only good because of a bug. Can someone please accomplish this, so we stop the bickering between both sides with COLD HARD FACTS instead of this arguing back and forth?

That's all we really need. Incontrovertable proof that people are blowing it out of their collective backsides when it comes to this problem. Is anyone here up to the challenge?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The main thing a veno does is debuff in pvp. They are not made to be big killers. However if you have that combo of heavy and arcane armor, you have both huge physical and magical defense. With summer sprint, a veno moves quite fast, at the moment I also have gear to further increase my movement speed which as you know, is a big thing in pvp. If that foxform veno gets close, you are in for some trouble. They'll remove your buffs, stop you from moving, amp you, steal your hp. Oh but before all that odds are they'll cut your defense first with ironwood, so the fox skills hit harder. Anti-stun pots take care of stuns and sleep wears off if you get hit. Lets not forget bramble hood that gives you incredible defense and allowed me to take out archers above my level because they didn't do much damage at all.

In territory war, parasite nova is just plain wicked. Huge range, huge damage, and can seal everyone it hits (67% chance)

There is more to it, but I don't pvp anymore so I won't get into it. We don't need flesh ream.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    You realize what you just said, right? Without Flesh Ream...

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a chance to put this argument to bed.

There is a new PvP server about to be opened, correct? How many of you have video recording software and are willing to do an experiment? Do us all a favor, and record, from the beginning, a PvP veno that never has a pet use Flesh Ream, either by never having a pet with it, or deleting the skill from a pet that has it. And then, dominate everyone. What better way to put this **** about veno's only using the bugged skill to rest for eternity? Prove, once and for all, that venos aren't only good because of a bug. Can someone please accomplish this, so we stop the bickering between both sides with COLD HARD FACTS instead of this arguing back and forth?

That's all we really need. Incontrovertable proof that people are blowing it out of their collective backsides when it comes to this problem. Is anyone here up to the challenge?

TBH, I'm glad that there are certain venos out there that feel they can still PvP comfortably without flesh ream. I'm not trying to make the game worse, but point out what's wrong. If by all means, venos end game can compete with other classes without flesh ream, all the power to you guys. But as of now, I can't see that happening because I have never seen it happen. That is all.
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    The main thing a veno does is debuff in pvp. They are not made to be big killers. However if you have that combo of heavy and arcane armor, you have both huge physical and magical defense. With summer sprint, a veno moves quite fast, at the moment I also have gear to further increase my movement speed which as you know, is a big thing in pvp. If that foxform veno gets close, you are in for some trouble. They'll remove your buffs, stop you from moving, amp you, steal your hp. Oh but before all that odds are they'll cut your defense first with ironwood, so the fox skills hit harder. Anti-stun pots take care of stuns and sleep wears off if you get hit. Lets not forget bramble hood that gives you incredible defense and allowed me to take out archers above my level because they didn't do much damage at all.

In territory war, parasite nova is just plain wicked. Huge range, huge damage, and can seal everyone it hits (67% chance)

There is more to it, but I don't pvp anymore so I won't get into it. We don't need flesh ream.

Ahh, Territory War is hugely different than PvP. I don't even want to go there. At the moment, I'm discussing Non-TW pvp WITHOUT apoc pots. those pots bring in too many different variables that affect not just venos. So, it seems that venos become a main debuffer inside of TW. Sadly, you said that you won't go into the PvP aspect. So as it stands now, I still do not see how venos without flesh ream can succeed in PvP outside of territory war.
    edited February 2009
    Ahh, Territory War is hugely different than PvP. I don't even want to go there. At the moment, I'm discussing Non-TW pvp WITHOUT apoc pots. those pots bring in too many different variables that affect not just venos. So, it seems that venos become a main debuffer inside of TW. Sadly, you said that you won't go into the PvP aspect. So as it stands now, I still do not see how venos without flesh ream can succeed in PvP outside of territory war.

Then do yourself a favor, and roll a veno on a PvP server, never use Flesh Ream, and see how it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Then do yourself a favor, and roll a veno on a PvP server, never use Flesh Ream, and see how it goes.

Oh, such a nice suggestion. There are forums for a reason and that is to discuss ideas. Why do I need to roll one from scratch when I can ask if any veno has done it before? I don't see the point of your posts, except to just post. If you have a purpose behind your post, you are secretly calling all venos sucky players because they don't pvp without flesh ream. I myself believe that there has to be someone out there that has tried pvping without it. If not, then 2 things, you can't pvp outside of TW without it, or it's too good to not use.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009

or a mage

but mages suck -_-
    edited February 2009
    Oh, such a nice suggestion. There are forums for a reason and that is to discuss ideas. Why do I need to roll one from scratch when I can ask if any veno has done it before? I don't see the point of your posts, except to just post. If you have a purpose behind your post, you are secretly calling all venos sucky players because they don't pvp without flesh ream. I myself believe that there has to be someone out there that has tried pvping without it. If not, then 2 things, you can't pvp outside of TW without it, or it's too good to not use.

Ah, and now you start making false accusations because I said to simply do it and see what happens?

You fail, and are simply trolling now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Ah, and now you start making false accusations because I said to simply do it and see what happens?

You fail, and are simply trolling now.

it's not false till you state the purpose of the post.

If you can't see the deeper meaning behind my posts, then sorry. Regardless false accusations or not, I have yet to see you refute my argument except giving pointless side posts.

Edit: And sorry if I seem like I'm trolling. I'm just tired of the constant barrage that "veno haters" are getting. And your tiny inputs are kinda irking me. that is all.

2nd Edit: I fail at what? trolling? of course, I don't like to do it. But if you say I'm failing at my posts against venos, then I'll have to write something up against you.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm just tired of the constant barrage that "veno haters" are getting.
    Dude, it's their own fault for barraging venos in the first place. If you were really tired of this fight, then you'd do better just to shut up.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    Dude, it's their own fault for barraging venos in the first place. If you were really tired of this fight, then you'd do better just to shut up.

Another post of fail.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Another post of fail.

Will you just go away you miserable little excuse of a man. I'm getting more than just a little irked by your childish constant crying, and causing trouble. All your doing is trying to upset people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Will you just go away you miserable little excuse of a man. I'm getting more than just a little irked by your childish constant crying, and causing trouble. All your doing is trying to upset people.

I'm upsetting people? since when was talking about game imbalances upsetting people? If you called out to me away from that main topic, it would be your fault asking for it, not mine.
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My, how this thread has grown since I last checked it.
    I'm going to bed, but keep this in mind:
    1. Why do people keep pointing to the PvP list as if it justifies entirely whether venos are imbalanced or not? Sure, venos [without phoenix] aren't the best PvPers, but that's only one detail. How many venos with phoenixes do you know pk often anyway? Answer me that. If most phoenix venos simply don't like to pk, then you have no leverage.
    2. This is the most annoying part. Quit. Attacking. The. Person. Reason is your greatest friend here. Foxx_trott, all you're doing is flaming. Calling others names makes you sound childish and unable to keep your temper. Who's going to listen to you then?
    I used to think the worst thing was smart-sounding ignorant people. But I've found something worse. Smart-sounding ignorant people calling others ignorant. I leave with this: You accuse me of not leveling a veno to high levels and understanding how they have it. Tell me, have you leveled a bm, cleric, archer, or whatever other class to a high level and known how it felt along that path? Good night.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Two points:

1) Venos are clearly overpowered, and I honestly don't see how anyone can dispute this. With or without herc/nix, they can damage, tank, and heal (their own pet or others') almost as good as any other class that specializes in each category, and they can do it all without any other class (solo). Herc/nix is just adding a flame-thrower to a chainsaw, while your opponent carries a butter knife.

2) It really doesn't matter. So what if this game is off-balance. If all that stuff is important to you, make a veno. If having fun (in a game - keep that in mind, it is a game!) in your own way is more important, make the class of your choice. And, of course, if none of that is acceptable, it might be time to find a different game.

Plain and simple: PWI =/= Balance. What's more, I doubt these devs have any control over any kind of attempts at balance, so complaining about it does no good. In fact, as you've seen here, complaining only makes things worse - fuel to the fire.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Tell me, have you leveled a bm, cleric, archer, or whatever other class to a high level and known how it felt along that path?
    I'll have to agree with this point here. But it goes in reverse too, most of you have not actually played a high level veno, and therefore cannot say much about them either. Just something to think about.
    Another post of fail.
    ...I suppose I'll just interpret this as "I can't find an argument to this post, therefore I'll just insult the person who wrote it".
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    or even beating a cleric that has plume shield on.
    Debuff the shield, cmon. b:shutup
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pot meet kettle. You ran a lvl 20 veno and have no higher experience with the class to base what your saying from. And I'd say it is common enough to be valid. Most veno's I know really are NOT rich, unless they spend hours and hours and hours grinding out DQ and Matts and selling them. You can't even really get rich doing TT runs because solo mode TT drops SUCK. I ran 10 runs solo and got 3 green drops. 10 runs that took me an hour each. 10 hours to make 450k off Chintien edges and broken drums. wow i'm rich I made less doing that than had I went out and ground DQ (which grinding I can make 100k an hour just off NPCing the DQ and drops).

~S

my 2 cents (though I know chipmunk... or chipsing whatever will come and try to invalid everything I say xD)

I can get around 100k by farming DQ around an hour and a half... BUT... (and a really BIG BUT)... I got a life besides this game and I'm not playing 24/7. I might leave my character on trying to sell TT stuff (which I normally dont cause people who'd buy those mats do TT themselves), but I'm not all the time in front of the computer. It'd be great if my veno could grind and do TT's by just pressing an "I'll do it all by myself you just go to work" button. But it ain't possible yet... at least not for me or my class. Other classes might do it... overpower? we'd have to check that b:chuckle

EDIT--- NOPNONNONONONON" IT POSTED THE FIRST PARAGRAPH... D*mn! I wont write everything again... ugh... bye xD
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm upsetting people? since when was talking about game imbalances upsetting people? If you called out to me away from that main topic, it would be your fault asking for it, not mine.
    My, how this thread has grown since I last checked it.
    I'm going to bed, but keep this in mind:
    1. Why do people keep pointing to the PvP list as if it justifies entirely whether venos are imbalanced or not? Sure, venos [without phoenix] aren't the best PvPers, but that's only one detail. How many venos with phoenixes do you know pk often anyway? Answer me that. If most phoenix venos simply don't like to pk, then you have no leverage.
    2. This is the most annoying part. Quit. Attacking. The. Person. Reason is your greatest friend here. Foxx_trott, all you're doing is flaming. Calling others names makes you sound childish and unable to keep your temper. Who's going to listen to you then?
    I used to think the worst thing was smart-sounding ignorant people. But I've found something worse. Smart-sounding ignorant people calling others ignorant. I leave with this: You accuse me of not leveling a veno to high levels and understanding how they have it. Tell me, have you leveled a bm, cleric, archer, or whatever other class to a high level and known how it felt along that path? Good night.

I'm just getting very tired of endless threads, day after day. And trolls who not only don't know what they are talking about because they have never really played one much, spew **** on these forums morning noon and night about how unfair things are. Veno this and veno that. Then to see one of them post soemthing here that veno's are about to have their pets taken out of the game. It just infuriates me. Over and over I have played various games (MMOs) where I rolled a character. Started to have fun, really started to identify with it. Only to have the forum trolls, whiners and misfits yell cry and flame until the MODs finally give in to their childish fits. And nerf the class. Causing the people who now have a heavily nerfed class be pissed, some leaving the game because of this. The remaining ones remain pissed, and they no longer enjoy the game like they once did. And guess what? The people who whined, cried and threw fits on the forums to cause this nerf, just find another target to whine cry and throw fits about, until they get someone else nerfed. And the cycle continues.

The whole point is, there is 2 kinds of people. Those who just enjoy life, and love to just be happy with things how they are. And those people who hate everything, and only have joy when they are upsetting others, and causing havoc until they get their own way.

It's a pity we can't just enjoy games for the marvels they are, and not always have a couple people always trying to ruin things for others.

You really should be ashamed of yourselves. Surely you much have other things to do with yourselves than to sit here on the forums and try to ruin things for other people who did nothing to you. Veno's and what they can and can not do, have no bearing on any of you haters at all. As was said earlier, if you envy what they can do, that you and your present character can not do. Roll a veno then, and quit your whining. Maybe then, you will find peace in your life. Nobody is stopping you from playing any character you want. If you want one roll one, if you don't don't. I just can't fathom why this is such a big deal to a few people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The point of this thread is to come up with a list of advantages and disadvantages that each individual class holds. In a separate thread, there was an argument that the advantages given to venomancers far surpass those of other classes. I'd like to take that argument into its own dedicated thread.

There are two possible outcomes:
    1.) The list shows that every class has an equal balance of advantages and disadvantages. Us, the people who argue that venomancers are overpowered, essentially lose the argument.

2.) The list shows that venomancers do indeed have advantages that outweigh the advantages of all other classes. Us, the people who argue that venomancers are overpowered, essentially win the argument.

If done correctly, this thread will PROVE beyond the shadow of a doubt that venomancers either are or are not overpowered. That will allow the people who argue over this issue (as you all love to do so often) to have a reference to point to, which will stop the arguments and flaming in their tracks.

So, without further ado:

THE LIST

Blademasters
    Advantages:
    - The best class for taking on multiple mobs at once due to heavy armor + loads of AoE spells (?)
    - Can solo mobs 20-30 levels above their own, depending on mob type
    - Fast leveling

Disadvantages:
    - AOE's limited mostly to axes
    - Weak against magical mobs
    - Skill points have to be spread out over atk, dex and vit, so balancing them can be tricky

Wizards
    Advantages:
    - Highest single attacks of any class
    - Possibly the most feared class in TW's

Disadvantages:
    - The weakest physical defense of any class, incredibly hard to solo with - might as well forget about some bosses
    - Long cast times, leaving them vulnerable and defenseless
    - Clerics can heal and buff better than wizards, and have faster-casting spells that do nearly as much damage - why roll a wizard then?
    - Difficult in PVP due to flashy attacks, long cast times and low HP

Archers
    Advantages:
    - Hits criticals more often than any other class, crazy damage as a result
    - Uses both physical and magical attacks
    - Strong against all classes in PVP, backed up by the majority of the top PVPers in every server being archers

Disadvantages:
    - They miss more than they should (?)
    - Completely unable to solo higher-level bosses, at least not without being at a level far above the boss
    - High damage can grab aggro from bosses, thus leading to instant death - this forces archers to hold themselves back on bosses
    - Only class without an HP recovery ability

Clerics
    Advantages:
    - Heals and buffs, oh my
    - Very powerful magic attack
    - Looong stun skill
    - Possible the most sought-after class in the game for parties
    - Both physical and magical attacks, making them flexible against opponents

Disadvantages:
    - Drains mana quickly due to all that casting, buffing, etc., not to mention Plume Shot isn't exactly low-cost
    - Squishy, but ability to heal + buff better than anyone makes this not so bad (?)
    - Responsibility to heal the group makes leveling difficult, might spend most of the time healing instead of nuking that FB boss (thus getting less exp from it)

Barbarians
    Advantages:
    - Usually highest HP, physical defense of any class
    - Tiger form makes this even better, and enables them to run much faster
    - Great versus magical mobs - Alacrity of the Beast cancels channeling of opponent

Disadvantages:
    - Lacking in damage due to focus on vitality over attack, also low dexterity makes this even worse
    - Repair costs through the roof due to soaking up loads of damage on heavy armor

Venomancers
    Advantages:
    - HP and MP-recharging skills
    - Stun skill that does not miss, does not use chi
    - Phoenix = gigantic advantage in PVP that no other class has
    - Pets are able to pull single mobs out of groups, which all other classes are usually forced to avoid
    - Huge money-making potential due to being able to solo TT and more when others cannot, pets make this possible
    - Fast leveling

Disadvantages:
    - Squishy - this can be negated in PVE by simply using a pet, but they can be 2-shotted by an archer in PVP
    - Cost of phoenix and herc is huge
    - Mediocre at PVP - this is proven by statistics showing that most of the top PVPers of each server are not venos, phoenix or not

Here's some tinder for the fire: ONLY VENOMANCERS can solo TT at 70, and tank, both with relative ease. That's not fair. Most other classes would be utterly demolished trying to attempt such a thing. Archers and wizards might as well consider it impossible. The advantage given to venomancers makes them overpowered. PROVE ME WRONG.

Edit: One possible solution has been proposed! One of the biggest complaints about venos is the the phoenix and herc, which can enable venos to PVP like fiends and tank bosses solo, respectively. Instead of altering them (which venos do NOT want to see happen), what if every other class were given a $200 optional item or two which could compare to a phoenix or herc? This way, the venos and their pets would not be altered, players of other classes would have something that could compare and thus would likely stop complaining, AND it would make more money for PWI. If you agree or disagree with this, PLEASE add a comment about it. Thank you!!

Thank you for your long post but you may want to note that end game PvP voice down to who has the very best equipments and refine level.

Anyone that has weapon +12 can 1-2 (Grade 16 is 1 shot) a phoenix and veno can only run, that explain why so many demon veno.

Not sure about here but in CN Phoenix has it damage reduce to 300 per hit in open PvP, guess everyone will be happy. Bramble and hook will not work on pvp (only work in pve and tw) but it absort damage, not even refect so dont worry veno will get the best short end of the stick will come to end game content.

It is too early to judge as PWI not mature yet (we dont even has large number of L105)
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    my 2 cents (though I know chipmunk... or chipsing whatever will come and try to invalid everything I say xD)

I can get around 100k by farming DQ around an hour and a half... BUT... (and a really BIG BUT)... I got a life besides this game and I'm not playing 24/7. I might leave my character on trying to sell TT stuff (which I normally dont cause people who'd buy those mats do TT themselves), but I'm not all the time in front of the computer. It'd be great if my veno could grind and do TT's by just pressing an "I'll do it all by myself you just go to work" button. But it ain't possible yet... at least not for me or my class. Other classes might do it... overpower? we'd have to check that b:chuckle

EDIT--- NOPNONNONONONON" IT POSTED THE FIRST PARAGRAPH... D*mn! I wont write everything again... ugh... bye xD

NO! I need to write it again xD :O

I was saying in my post (which didnt get posted who knows why...) that by making 200k a day (for a person who plays 2 or 3 hours a day) you need at least 3 months, almost 4 to get ur cash shop pet. That's if u dont spend on anything but NPC armor and Weapons... forget about upgrading skills. So, if I have to work my butt off during 4 months and suck at the game during that time... why cant I get a pet that makes up for it?

Pets don't always keep aggro... just go and try ranged mobs... or hit the mob with a crit so they forget about ur pet... U'll know what you're talking about if it happens to u... until it doesn't... ull keep thinking that we always have our HP bar full and we just need lesser healing pots... blah

and that was a summary of what I had written though the original post was much longer and nicer :P
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey ppl.Don't be so glum:)

There is always a way to find a positive in any situation and laugh from it.

The game is how it is. what happens later, we will never know. BUT we can make the best of it:)

Venos get nerfed?=Laugh! cos you get to kill em easier!

Venos don't get nerfed?=Laugh! cos they could only beat you cos they have a pheonix.

Venos get to solo stuff?=Laugh! Cos we get to buy their stuff,they spend loads of time on running instances and such.

Venos don't get to solo stuff?=Laugh! Cos then you actually get to feel the thrill and rush of hunting it yourself!

I could go on and on......Bottom line is,theres an upside to everything. Just find it and don't be bitter either way.

Just lending a machete to your intellectual thicket:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No, just no Devlinne.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i don't think archers miss more than they should. they miss on attacks just like everyone miss on theirs. wut sucks is that their spells r counted as attacks, so those have a chance of missing as well. (yes even the winged and metal spells)

its really embarrassing when deadly shot misses.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Jeez use some common sense,venos are A SOLO CLASS some people prefer SOLO PLAYING the devs made venos with that in mind it is good business sense large part of playerbase are made up of people who can't/won't/hate relying on squads of players,you nerf venos pets any(exclude herc and nix from this)they won't be able to handle normal mobs rofl even one on one.

Nerf the pets and you won't be able to do tt solo runs anymore,and for all who cry about venos being able to do tt solo mode and no one else can,tt solo was designed around the veno and more specifically the pet,that is why the freaking pet does unreduced damage to the bosses so you aren't stood fighting a single boss for 5 hours,so again the devs knew what they were doing by not reducing damage from pets in tt,they are including not excluding the solo type player,all the rest of you can do tt squad runs for more profit than a veno in solo...not to mention the mats from solo mode are going down fast in price anyway so the profit is getting smaller by the day.

All other classes don't need their own little pet or a cash shop item with abilities=to a herc because YOU'RE NOT A SOLO CLASS you're designed to work well in a team and the team can do everything a veno can but better,if you wish to solo pve like a veno,then be a veno that is the designated solo class.

Pvp i can't really say too much i haven't done much of it in pwi yet,except the flesh ream does need fixed,hell i've fought venos and their phoenixes and they ruin tw plain and simple,gutless lil cowards do nothing but run and send their nix to everyone...kill their nix and you'll see them play hide and seek until they can find somewhere to revive it lol.

Now your classes may be harder to level in the short term without using cash shop,and sure you will make less money,but endgame it'll be worth it,read a lot of the other pw forums and venos do not excel in pvp apparently.

Now for herc,he is usefull and he makes venos happy as heck to own one and be able to do your fbs and bosses so much easier,but i don't think it should be allowed into tt squad mode,it should be unsummonable in there i'm sure that wouldn't be hard to program in.

Wish you would all quit crying because nerfing venos to the point where they are gimped at any kinda solo activity will harm the game not help it.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
This discussion has been closed.