Reduce Primal Mighty Swing mass pvp efficiency

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Can primal mighty be used on tiger form? Never seen it still.
    I think its fine. Because from this angle:

With primal mighty: Oh **** a barb in my *** gotta waste him down daym.

without: Oh a barb? Just ignore it, let's see... There, a veno.

The first barb is more tanky than the second one, he's able to effectively draw player attention to him. Now the broken thing about this is overlapping debuffs (and/or 100% accuracy with 100% chance CC), this should not happen its really unbalanced at this point.

The other 100% accuracy CC skills (from casters) are mostly 80~95% chances only, I think the only 100% CC was Demon Roar of the Pride, which is in my opinion inferior to the new primal swing.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    WIth BMs (A Full-On CC class) getting a similar, i think its only fair that barbs do too, however i don't think they Should be given the ability to use the skill on Tiger/Panda Form. assuming they could spam it to lock on Debuffs and remain in a tank state.

that human form skill and in tiger form they would use Alacrity of the Beast what isn't 100% chance for paralyze and can miss too
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I think its fine. Because from this angle:

With primal mighty: Oh **** a barb in my *** gotta waste him down daym.

without: Oh a barb? Just ignore it, let's see... There, a veno. What? The barb used a skill to force me to target him? Well **** I can't just stand here and do nothing.

Fixed that for you. Just because people don't realize the usefulness of that skill doesn't mean it can be ignored. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I did answer neutral for the fact that I'm not against the skill, but I don't think it should have been give to barbs. In my opinion barbs shouldn't be able to lock someone, they are not sin or bm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. Just because people don't realize the usefulness of that skill doesn't mean it can be ignored. b:chuckle

"Oh damn raging slap, how annoying having to kite for 8 seconds... And there you go, Cleric meet Stunning Arrow -> auto attack! b:sin"

I don't see raging slap as a serious reason to focus the barb, as a sin I can probably just tackling slash him and ignore. But yeah its a very pissing-off skill which, almost no barbs seem to have/use.

Well it distracts 1 person 8 seconds from focusing anyone else, this might for example save a cleric/veno (for that person can't retaliate to their attacks) or in the worst case reduce the pressure from someone being focus-fired.

Now, 8s duration for 20 seconds cooldown, 1 target, 35 chi. Makes a little difficult to be a real focus on PvP. I understand what the devs wanted to do: Give barbs an assured crowd control. But they should think about assured crowd control being spammable, a 100% CC effect should have at least 8 to 12 seconds cooldown.

But once again, this "annoyance" from spammable mighty swing leaves the target with no other choice than really focus the barb and spend some chi/apos/genie with him, making the barb a little bit more expendable, making people spend their skills on the barb instead of just ignoring him.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    But once again, this "annoyance" from spammable mighty swing leaves the target with no other choice than really focus the barb and spend some chi/apos/genie with him

thats why a mini chi cost could be ok but anyway if u use Deep Sting/headhunt/etc what longer than 5 sec then u can jump away, i guess 1vs1 isn't too annoying
    edited May 2014
    Options
    thats why a mini chi cost could be ok but anyway if u use Deep Sting/headhunt/etc what longer than 5 sec then u can jump away, i guess 1vs1 isn't too annoying

I believe the chances of devs adding chi cost is negligible compared to the chances they'll add some cooldown time OR leave as is.

Id personally agree more with add cooldown than add chi cost, but, I'd agree even more with Zanryu's suggestion instead.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I believe the chances of devs adding chi cost is negligible compared to the chances they'll add some cooldown time OR leave as is.

Id personally agree more with add cooldown than add chi cost, but, I'd agree even more with Zanryu's suggestion instead.

i dont see too much problem now in cooldown if duration not cover the cooldown time, barb not like insta kill the peoples, normally didn't got fast attack speed and casting skills not too fast aswell and stacking their amplify is hard i think dev maybe thougth this skill would combo with amplify for help stack more than 1-2 stack on target, abuseable only with 2 barb i think, else just annoying but still not harmfull to gameplay.