Reduce Primal Mighty Swing mass pvp efficiency

Options
XXHotXx - Morai
XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Suggestion Box
So couple of days ago i could finally experience some wild mass pk on our server...

I really underestimated so far how broken is the new Mighty Swing proc in mass pvp scenario...

here is the record: (consider that i heavily outgear 75% of the players there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zht4mmVx4is

when the 2 barbs started to spam the mighty swing on me i could do nothing, and i've been lucky those barbs were not assisted by focus fire or i would've been dead in matter of seconds (when i got the proc and few AA on me i died indeed)

but seriously 5-6 entire minutes of pure you-can-do-nothing-CCs

Imo devs have to nerf the proc Mass-pvp wise, like giving it a major cooldown or a major chi cost...

Cause yes, this proc in 1on1 is negligible, in mass pvp just look at the video... its pure nonsense

the disable goes way beyond the game mechanics of any class
mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
Post edited by XXHotXx - Morai on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'd say you got a point if they also fix the gear imbalance and overall class imbalances. Personally I don't mind to see this skill spammed on key players - if you need 2 players to lock down (but not kill) one overgeared character, more if you actually kill one, that's not at all unbalanced imho. You have at least 3 characters dealing with 1. Leaves 2 on your own team free to gang up on someone else.

Tactically, a BM or cler should just disable one of those barbs if they're that much of a hassle. As far as I know barbs don't get the puri proc, so they can't easily clear a standard stun, slow or freeze.

Guess the other side knew you were a big threat and dealt with you accordingly. See it as a compliment.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

I, too, think that Mighty Swing should have a drawback such as longer cooldown or chi cost. Usually, classes that have a really good skill, said skill requires chi or has a longer cooldown or both.

For instance, Venomancer's Bewitch costs 50 chi and has a 60 second cooldown. Cleric's Seal of God costs a spark and reduces the target's incoming damage so you can't easily kill them.

..or even better...BM's Paralyze costs chi (a spark I think?) and Venomancer Paralyze costs a spark and has a 180sec cooldown and it's only 2sec and requires Fox Form (and it's the proc-rate is soulforce based).

Elimination (and Cursed Jail?) should also have some kind of drawback, it's strong, has a short cooldown and doesn't cost any chi if i'm not mistaken.

Mind you, I'm not an advocate of Purify proc, I was among the ones supporting a nerf/change on it (but since it's here I obviously used/use it for my advantage) but it's generally bad when you have classes that have to consume chi or resources to set up combos and skills while other classes just throw them around left and right.

At this point however, there are so many imbalances and problems that I don't even know if fixing something is worth it. Maybe I'm just not that optimistic about the game anymore >.>
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'd say you got a point if they also fix the gear imbalance and overall class imbalances. Personally I don't mind to see this skill spammed on key players - if you need 2 players to lock down (but not kill) one overgeared character, more if you actually kill one, that's not at all unbalanced imho. You have at least 3 characters dealing with 1. Leaves 2 on your own team free to gang up on someone else.

Tactically, a BM or cler should just disable one of those barbs if they're that much of a hassle. As far as I know barbs don't get the puri proc, so they can't easily clear a standard stun, slow or freeze.

Guess the other side knew you were a big threat and dealt with you accordingly. See it as a compliment.

main point is that barbs have the best survivability in game, and in a hypotetical equal endgame geared mass pvp scenario they can sustain minutes of uncounterable CCs, also they steal aggro and disrupt team-fight mechanics aswell
    and then if their team is clever they just AA the paralyzed target to kill it in few seconds

(ofc this wont apply to sage sins anyways but that's another kettle of fish)

after this pk session i really believe New Horizons gave the edge to barbs on pair with sins
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Barbarians and Assassins are a whole mess of unbalanced right now.

Mighteh swungz should cost a good 30-50 chi per cast or have the cooldown increased to be twice as long. It's nearly spammable with no possible way to evade unless you get lucky and it fails, but wait! A few seconds later and BAM you're paralyzed. Barbarians have a little too much damage output for the amount of damage they can actually sustain, the fact that virtually nobody will 1v1 a good barb because of just how pointless it seems is a testament to this.

This game's never been known for balance though, and rather than want changes people will probably just say it's balanced around group fights and everything is okay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options

I, too, think that Mighty Swing should have a drawback such as longer cooldown or chi cost. Usually, classes that have a really good skill, said skill requires chi or has a longer cooldown or both.

For instance, Venomancer's Bewitch costs 50 chi and has a 60 second cooldown. Cleric's Seal of God costs a spark and reduces the target's incoming damage so you can't easily kill them.

..or even better...BM's Paralyze costs chi (a spark I think?) and Venomancer Paralyze costs a spark and has a 180sec cooldown and it's only 2sec and requires Fox Form (and it's the proc-rate is soulforce based).

Elimination (and Cursed Jail?) should also have some kind of drawback, it's strong, has a short cooldown and doesn't cost any chi if i'm not mistaken.

Mind you, I'm not an advocate of Purify proc, I was among the ones supporting a nerf/change on it (but since it's here I obviously used/use it for my advantage) but it's generally bad when you have classes that have to consume chi or resources to set up combos and skills while other classes just throw them around left and right.

At this point however, there are so many imbalances and problems that I don't even know if fixing something is worth it. Maybe I'm just not that optimistic about the game anymore >.>

^exactly, they once did a major skill rebalance at the time they introduced zerkcrit for Seeker's metal skills, cd redux for archers etch, they should move toward this direction once again

BM paralyze is legit imo aswell, its a long CC period but it cost chi and it has like 30 secs cooldown, so its fine...

barb spammable one is just way too OP mass-pvp wise and for a tank class having this kind of CC makes that class a godlike support, and this breaks all classes game mechanics (except for sage sins)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ^exactly, they once did a major skill rebalance at the time they introduced zerkcrit for Seeker's metal skills, cd redux for archers etch, they should move toward this direction once again

BM paralyze is legit imo aswell, its a long CC period but it cost chi and it has like 30 secs cooldown, so its fine...

barb spammable one is just way too OP mass-pvp wise and for a tank class having this kind of CC makes that class a godlike support, and this breaks all classes game mechanics (except for sage sins)

Dragon Rising has a 15 second cooldown. Sir please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Barbarians and Assassins are a whole mess of unbalanced right now.

Mighteh swungz should cost a good 30-50 chi per cast or have the cooldown increased to be twice as long. It's nearly spammable with no possible way to evade unless you get lucky and it fails, but wait! A few seconds later and BAM you're paralyzed. Barbarians have a little too much damage output for the amount of damage they can actually sustain, the fact that virtually nobody will 1v1 a good barb because of just how pointless it seems is a testament to this.

This game's never been known for balance though, and rather than want changes people will probably just say it's balanced around group fights and everything is okay.

So we have a BM complaining about a barb and sin stuns.

What must come of this world....

As a barb, i feel like we are kinda screwed on the stun department actually. We have only 1 and it lasts just long enough that you can make 1 max 2 more hits before they are gone again. Other players have stuns that can be chained and might alow them to kill me before i can retaliate.

Sure, i know, you cant break the stun of some of the new skills including mighty swing. Hardly a reason to scream imo. The other stuns can also only be broken until your anti stun skills are on cooldown while surely there are always more stuns to come.

I as a barb would be pretty damn happy if mighty swing as well as all other stun skills were removed from the game. (I actually think PWI PvP sucks balls because it is way to much focused on stuns. Not being able to do anything so often sucks. No stun in the game should last longer than 3s)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I don't mind the two having Paralyze so much as Paralyze itself.

Its fine that the effect cannot be purified, but the biggest issue imo is that there's nothing you can do to resist it when you see it coming outside of flat-out immunity. What sort of sense does it make to be able to Paralyze someone who's under the effect of an anti-stun, be it Purify Spell's, a skill specific to their class, or a well timed genie skill?

If Paralyze is supposed to be a "better" stun, then just leave it as "unable to be purified/broken" so that it keeps the guaranteed follow-up should it land, but still allow it to be resisted like other movement-based negative status so that it can be properly managed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Mighty swing is really annoying on a class that can take so much damage. I seriously dislike skills that isolate someone from the battle, but for me it's the least annoying of the almost impossible to avoid cc skills. It requires 2 or more barbs to lock down, they have to get in melee range and not be exclusively on you. I mean, you can get someone to attack/stun the barbs. On that side, godseal is way more OP thanks to it's range, duration and the number of skills that bypass bless buff these days.

For me, skills that totally suppress someone from a battle shouldn't exist, even less when performed by a way weaker person. It's annoying and serves only to kill someone's fun. Imo, all cc should be able to be purified by an outside active skill purify (cleric, mystic and sage psychic) and only resist weapon proc/genie skills.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So we have a BM complaining about a barb and sin stuns.

What must come of this world....

As a barb, i feel like we are kinda screwed on the stun department actually. We have only 1 and it lasts just long enough that you can make 1 max 2 more hits before they are gone again. Other players have stuns that can be chained and might alow them to kill me before i can retaliate.

Sure, i know, you cant break the stun of some of the new skills including mighty swing. Hardly a reason to scream imo. The other stuns can also only be broken until your anti stun skills are on cooldown while surely there are always more stuns to come.

I as a barb would be pretty damn happy if mighty swing as well as all other stun skills were removed from the game. (I actually think PWI PvP sucks balls because it is way to much focused on stuns. Not being able to do anything so often sucks. No stun in the game should last longer than 3s)

I wouldn't say you're screwed on it. Mighty Swing is a 4 second Paralyze on a 5 or 6 second cooldown depending on cultivation. It has at least a 50% success rate. It is by far the most broken of all paralyzes, having a low cooldown, no cost, and its effect lasts nearly the entirety of its cooldown whereas the best any other stun gets is a duration that is roughly half of its cooldown. You aren't going to straight up lock someone with that one skill alone, but with how easily it disrupts a fight it allows you A LOT of options. Especially consider the fact that it's on a Barbarian, the class that is near impossible to bring down 1v1 if it's played properly.

It isn't stuns that are the issue, it's Paralyze. Even having one for myself (well, soon to have one) I have to admit the status is broken. Nothing good comes of implementing things that have no counters, for balance to exist things need hard and soft counters, paralysis has but one. Full immunity. Which isn't much of a counter as it costs so much to actually use. Tell me how having a skill that requires no chi, has a low cooldown, and has an effect that is only countered by expending the most costly resource in the game is at all balanced? Even if it's only got roughly a 50% chance to work. Let me make it easy for you, you can't. What's worse is that not only Barbarians have access to this status, many classes do. They cost more, and are harder to use requiring chi and being careful not to waste your cooldown when the opponent may break it, but it's still broken. Barbarians just happen to be the worst offenders given that they, well.. don't have to worry about cooldowns or wasting the skill or their chi, as it requires no chi and has a low cooldown.

Honestly without stuns nobody would die. People would simply kite endlessly and fights would never end. Being able to disable someone is important to the game, as it allows fights that could otherwise never end to be decided. It gives the players options in PvP they have to think about, and forces them to expend resources in order to evade the other person's CC or to use their own. However when you put things in the game like Mighty Swing or Purify Spell, and yes, Tidal Protection that require zero thought to use and have no cost effective counters? That's just counter productive when it comes to creating balance. While Paralyze is good to combat Purify Spell, it's bad for just about everything else. The answer to imbalance is not to add something more imbalanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Honestly without stuns nobody would die.

What a limited way of thinking. Of course there are other ideas to make a fight interesting..

On all the rest. I still think its laughable, BMs complaining about barbs stuns.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What a limited way of thinking. Of course there are other ideas to make a fight interesting.

Do tell. Because with how the game is now, between leaps, speed skills, and charms I'm interested to hear your idea of how fights could be made interesting without some method of forcing the opponent to stick around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Do tell. Because with how the game is now, between leaps, speed skills, and charms I'm interested to hear your idea of how fights could be made interesting without some method of forcing the opponent to stick around.

This is just another show of very limitted thinking. Why the **** should i tell you. There are tons of games around, smart and not so smart developers who have explored a tiny bit of the endless possibilities. And your mind is stuck to stuns.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This is just another show of very limitted thinking. Why the **** should i tell you. There are tons of games around, smart and not so smart developers who have explored a tiny bit of the endless possibilities. And your mind is stuck to stuns.

I'm not talking about other games, I'm talking about PWI. Other games may have been built without a dependence on CC but PWI very heavily relies on it. We have stuns, we have anti stuns, we have a variety of things that are meant to either inflict some sort of disable or resist it. PWI is very heavily based around the ability to lock down opponents and take them down, and given the fact we have charms, pots, and defence charms I can see the need for it. It's not limited thinking on my part, I just realize the importance of it in a game like this which is something you seem incapable of. If I'm the one with a limited ability to think, why aren't you able to actually suggest some method to make combat more interesting without mention other games? Why can't you actually give an idea?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The point lovely Zan is that i dont need to give you an alternative in order to say i dont like something and i think better solutions should be possible.

If i as an atheist am telling you i think it is stupid to believe in god as the bible described him, i dont need to tell you exactly what are the real answers to all the questions in life. To explain you the alternative. I can have my opinion about believing in god without knowing all the alternative answers just as i can have my opinion about having so many stuns in a game without explaining you all the alternatives.

The way you answer to my opinion about stuns is very similar to religious peoples thinking imo. "If you cant prove me wrong, then i am right"
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The point lovely Zan is that i dont need to give you an alternative in order to say i dont like something and i think better solutions should be possible.

If i as an atheist am telling you i think it is stupid to believe in god as the bible described him, i dont need to tell you exactly what are the real answers to all the questions in life. To explain you the alternative. I can have my opinion about believing in god without knowing all the alternative answers just as i can have my opinion about having so many stuns in a game without explaining you all the alternatives.

The way you answer to my opinion about stuns is very similar to religious peoples thinking imo. "If you cant prove me wrong, then i am right"

You do. You're defending the position that there's a viable alternative to stuns and anti stuns for PWI's PvP. You stated it, I'm calling you on it, it's up to you to defend the position or to admit that it isn't actually viable. You don't get to come in, claim something, offer no evidence, then walk out with a smile on your face saying "Boy I sure showed them". That isn't how it works, well you know, unless you want to make an *** out of yourself.

In this analogy I'm the religious person asking for the alternative to god, correct? If that's the case, then what I'm asking for isn't solely an alternative, but why you believe one exists. I offer the reasoning for why my "god" in this case is correct, whereas you claim it does not exist and offer no reason as to why there is an alternative, and in fact go on to claim that you don't have to offer one. Even with no proof against my own. If you want to claim what I say isn't valid, you need to be willing to defend your claim in the same way I defend mine, but you have yet to do that.

The way I approach stuns is more akin to someone who actually has a brain. "If you think I'm wrong, tell me why. If you're unwilling to do so, kindly pollute someone else's space with your nonsense."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I dont need to give you an alternative because the universe of possibilities is endless. Developing a game isnt easy enough that a bunch or ****** nerds like us are gonna give all the answers here on the forum so i wont try. (sure sometimes i might try to answer things that are way too complicated, but usually thats because i deem it interesting or educational in some way. This case i dont)

That does not mean however that i cannot dislike the chosen path.

Neither do i need to prove anyone right or wrong. I am of the opinion that PWI pvp sucks because its all focused on stuns. You dont agree, you go into a discussion within the existing pwi framework. I dont care about the existing PWI framework. I only see that there must be a million ways to design a game and that relying on stuns is not a necessity. What is the problem ? why would i need to prove anything to you ? Why do we need to think the same ? If you are the one who has a brain, you should understand that is not always about being right or wrong but that people can have different opinions without either of them being right or wrong. The only way to be surely wrong is by saying your opinion is the only right one (and challenging others to prove you wrong)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I dont need to give you an alternative because the universe of possibilities is endless. Developing a game isnt easy enough that a bunch or ****** nerds like us are gonna give all the answers here on the forum so i wont try. (sure sometimes i might try to answer things that are way too complicated, but usually thats because i deem it interesting or educational in some way. This case i dont)

That does not mean however that i cannot dislike the chosen path.

Neither do i need to prove anyone right or wrong. I am of the opinion that PWI pvp sucks because its all focused on stuns. You dont agree, you go into a discussion within the existing pwi framework. I dont care about the existing PWI framework. I only see that there must be a million ways to design a game and that relying on stuns is not a necessity. What is the problem ? why would i need to prove anything to you ? Why do we need to think the same ? If you are the one who has a brain, you should understand that is not always about being right or wrong but that people can have different opinions without either of them being right or wrong. The only way to be surely wrong is by saying your opinion is the only right one (and challenging others to prove you wrong)

That's nothing but an excuse. What you say amounts to "You're wrong, but I can't tell you why." Regardless of what you like or dislike, if you take a position, defend it.

If you don't care about the PWI framework then why are you posting? You can't expect PWI to change based around the mechanics of other games. If you dislike how the system is then make suggestions that could change it for the better. I never said I liked the fact that the game is cc reliant, but that's how it is. I can see why that is, and rather than working on some new method of combat I'm focusing on the flaws in the current one and what needs to be done to make it more balanced.

If you have suggestions, then list them. Don't just come in, say you don't like the current system and that other games do it better, then leave. That's not beneficial to anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That's nothing but an excuse. What you say amounts to "You're wrong, but I can't tell you why." Regardless of what you like or dislike, if you take a position, defend it.

If you don't care about the PWI framework then why are you posting? You can't expect PWI to change based around the mechanics of other games. If you dislike how the system is then make suggestions that could change it for the better. I never said I liked the fact that the game is cc reliant, but that's how it is. I can see why that is, and rather than working on some new method of combat I'm focusing on the flaws in the current one and what needs to be done to make it more balanced.

If you have suggestions, then list them. Don't just come in, say you don't like the current system and that other games do it better, then leave. That's not beneficial to anyone.

I am not saying you are wrong except for not admitting there must be countless of other options and challenging my OPINION. And yes it is pretty normal in this world to state your opinion without being herrased by trolls like you forever. But ye why am i even reacting to your trolling. Even if i try to explain you that i dont want to convince you from my being right because it is only an opinion not about right or wrong, you just wont give up till you "win".

I like PWI PvE a lot. Unfortunately i have come to the end of what PvE has to offer so it is indeed probably time to leave soon.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I am not saying you are wrong except for not admitting there must be countless of other options and challenging my OPINION. And yes it is pretty normal in this world to state your opinion without being herrased by trolls like you forever. But ye why am i even reacting to your trolling. Even if i try to explain you that i dont want to convince you from my being right because it is only an opinion not about right or wrong, you just wont give up till you "win".

I like PWI PvE a lot. Unfortunately i have come to the end of what PvE has to offer so it is indeed probably time to leave soon.

Challenging your opinion does not make me a troll. This is the reason it's so hard to have real discussions these days, because the moment you challenge someone's opinion or ask them to defend theirs, you're a troll. They refuse to engage you in a discussion or debate that could actually end up being healthy for both sides.

Oh well, leave PWI. It's not really worth sticking around for anyway quite honestly. I had to be dragged back here hard and even now I'm bored and wishing I wasn't on half the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Challenging your opinion does not make me a troll. This is the reason it's so hard to have real discussions these days, because the moment you challenge someone's opinion or ask them to defend theirs, you're a troll. They refuse to engage you in a discussion or debate that could actually end up being healthy for both sides.

Oh well, leave PWI. It's not really worth sticking around for anyway quite honestly. I had to be dragged back here hard and even now I'm bored and wishing I wasn't on half the time.

nuu justy :( (btw poke me on skype when you restart to stream i promise i wont Kappa b:laugh )

well i read somewhere "make paralyze work like cant be purified but cant be landed on anti-stun" yes this is good

that would make it as good as it is but also it wouldnt disrupt completely a team-fight mechanic
    cause, still, in the period of a single mighty swing proc, you can land enough AA to take down anyone @ endgame

but making this "Paralyzed" period last like undefinetly due to current spammability, its mere broken. and cuts the target off any thing he could do in the team-fight (unless he is a sage sin)

nerf pls b:thanks
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So couple of days ago i could finally experience some wild mass pk on our server...

I really underestimated so far how broken is the new Mighty Swing proc in mass pvp scenario...

here is the record: (consider that i heavily outgear 75% of the players there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zht4mmVx4is

when the 2 barbs started to spam the mighty swing on me i could do nothing, and i've been lucky those barbs were not assisted by focus fire or i would've been dead in matter of seconds (when i got the proc and few AA on me i died indeed)

but seriously 5-6 entire minutes of pure you-can-do-nothing-CCs

Imo devs have to nerf the proc Mass-pvp wise, like giving it a major cooldown or a major chi cost...

Cause yes, this proc in 1on1 is negligible, in mass pvp just look at the video... its pure nonsense

the disable goes way beyond the game mechanics of any class

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    have one step back, or hit ocult ice....and then kite. problem solved

P.S. you can't consider a single target skill a Mass PVP wow disbalance, as it took 2 chars to lock one char WITHOUT them being able to kill u even with perma CC. U call that balance?
  • DevilAxes - Lost City
    DevilAxes - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Touch luck that your against loads of barbs but the skill is the only best skill a barb has.

If the barb gets nerfed i'm sure there's gonna be uproar since barbs don't have any good controlling skills whatsoever.

Barbs always had good defensive/survivability skills but never skills that actually help alot in Mass/PvP(in my honest opinion) . It was good that they invented it for barbs.

I'm actually surprised that no one is complaining about the blademaster version since they have like inifinite supply of controlling skills.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Touch luck that your against loads of barbs but the skill is the only best skill a barb has.

If the barb gets nerfed i'm sure there's gonna be uproar since barbs don't have any good controlling skills whatsoever.

Barbs always had good defensive/survivability skills but never skills that actually help alot in Mass/PvP(in my honest opinion) . It was good that they invented it for barbs.

I'm actually surprised that no one is complaining about the blademaster version since they have like inifinite supply of controlling skills.

That's probably because ours costs a spark, is on a 15 second cooldown, and we don't (can't) spam it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

"You are wrong but I won't prove why", BM? Seriously? I'm with Zan on this one. The classes who have unbreakable stuns are the two classes who lack almost any form of ranged attacks, and need to be at melee distance with their opponent to do any damage. Sin, BM, Barb. In PVP folk tend to holypath/leap/teleport clear and out of range, forcing them to move back to their opponent continuously. As a noobie BM I've found having to chase your target around continuously quite frustrating.

Heavy stuns are the counter to kiting. Plain and simple. A wizzie (like most ranged chars) needs to kite to live, plain and simple. With the amount of defenses and hitpoints these classes have these days, they've grown accustomed to having their R9 auto puri proc to clear stuns before they keel over (I doubt it's possible to kill a charmed full R9RR +12 JOSD'd arcane char under the effects of a normal stun as a BM in few enough hits that the puri would -not- proc). This, imho unbalanced perk is broken by this unpurgable stun, returning to the rock-paper-scissors mechanic of:
    - Ranged: Weak endurance, high mobility, high damage
    - Melee: High endurance, stun/freeze to counter mobility, low damage

So now a team of players cooperating well can indeed isolate and lock down a target, then use ranged DDs to kill it. To counter this the opposing team should use standard control skills on enemy barbs and BMs before they can lock down one of the "squishies". Which in turn can be countered by cleric puri's.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • lavianultima
    lavianultima Posts: 28
    edited May 2014
    Options
    barbs will become weak if mighty swing has a longer cooldown. most of the time it doesnt even work. bms has more stun and disables.

to be fair why not just remove all skills that have stuns and disables from all classes and only genie has stuns.
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    barbs will become weak if mighty swing has a longer cooldown. most of the time it doesnt even work. bms has more stun and disables.

I didn't know removing mighty swing makes barbs squishy.

BMs have more stuns yeah..but anti-stuns can counter them and BM stuns cost chi. BMs have paralyze too but it costs a spark and has a longer cooldown.

Venos? People don't even know they have paralyze because it's almost not even worth using..2sec, soul-force based proc, fox form (aka melee range) and 180sec cd..

Mighty Swing? doesn't cost chi, GIVES chi, really low cooldown, paralyze that ignores anti-stuns. This is just as stupid as purify proc itself but that's how the devs do it..instead of nerfing and balancing things, they slap more broken things over broken things and then break more things.

Just admit you love it and don't want it removed or nerfed just like most casters want purify proc to stay and sins insist (sage) tidal resisting all kinds of effects is perfectly ok. I don't blame them lol.

@ - I like paralyze but i don't think its right for a skill to have no drawbacks like mighty swing. just add a chi req. or increase cd or something. it's a pretty simple and easy balancing fix.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    slamstone wrote: »
    have one step back, or hit ocult ice....and then kite. problem solved

P.S. you can't consider a single target skill a Mass PVP wow disbalance, as it took 2 chars to lock one char WITHOUT them being able to kill u even with perma CC. U call that balance?

and without me being able to kill them aswell... u call that balance? forcing your team to focus the tank, cause the tank is completely taunting and disrupting the team 1by1 w\o being able to do anything?

"you cant consider single target skill broken in mass pvp..." you serious? do you even play the same game we do?

you have to be a fool if you can't recognize how broken that proc is if spammed in mass pvp

and its even more broken that the only way to resist it its sage tidal...
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Barb without mighty swing= some indestructible object sitting in the battlefield with:

close to 0 cc
    close to 0 counter cc
    dmg that can be easily avoided

Mass PVP can just ignore it, or make fun of him by kitting, or even more laughing when their strongest cc is overwritten by purify in a blink..... so in all regards a buff meat bag.

You don't want to get cc'ed? stay away from barbs...or assign other barbs/clases to cc them and let u just sit and do dmg.

Is as simple as this: u got to laugh with puri, we get to laugh with paralyze. end of story.

Does purify have any costs? So why should paralyze have?(idc about bms they can QQ for lower chi consumption....)

and to continue with my noobness: yes GoF has its costs, that 5% is big on barbs, what does puri balance?

you don't like it? reroll a sin, it's in the trends anyway.

btw did your beloved devs nerf purify Mass PVP wise? then why ask for paralyze? (want me to dig up the purify threads?)

P.S. for your knowledge that tank lowers its defenses/hp/mobility to a great extent just to keep slaming you with mighty swing...so he actually exposes himself to physical dmg and reduced HP.(just ask an archer how much he hits a barb in human compared to tiger)