Reduce Primal Mighty Swing mass pvp efficiency

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    slamstone wrote: »
    Barb without mighty swing= some indestructible object sitting in the battlefield with:

close to 0 cc
    close to 0 counter cc
    dmg that can be easily avoided

Mass PVP can just ignore it, or make fun of him by kitting, or even more laughing when their strongest cc is overwritten by purify in a blink..... so in all regards a buff meat bag.

You don't want to get cc'ed? stay away from barbs...or assign other barbs/clases to cc them and let u just sit and do dmg.

Is as simple as this: u got to laugh with puri, we get to laugh with paralyze. end of story.

Does purify have any costs? So why should paralyze have?(idc about bms they can QQ for lower chi consumption....)

and to continue with my noobness: yes GoF has its costs, that 5% is big on barbs, what does puri balance?

you don't like it? reroll a sin, it's in the trends anyway.

btw did your beloved devs nerf purify Mass PVP wise? then why ask for paralyze? (want me to dig up the purify threads?)

P.S. for your knowledge that tank lowers its defenses/hp/mobility to a great extent just to keep slaming you with mighty swing...so he actually exposes himself to physical dmg and reduced HP.(just ask an archer how much he hits a barb in human compared to tiger)

wtf you talking about barbs have few nice CCs

and i didnt ask to remove it, but to just nerf its efficiency mass-pvp wise, giving it a major cooldown or a chi cost

purify is a ******n 8% chance, and you have to actually receive damage to proc it...

not a plain free 60% chance...

in the time we proc a purify, you proced mighty swing 6 times ....

and how do you stay away from barbs since they have a natural gap closer (11ms speed)

your logic is: it's ok to spam the proc, instead of fighting you just have to run around

gg logic rofl b:laugh
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Barb without mighty swing= some indestructible object sitting in the battlefield with:

Raging slap
    Could mention some other things like clean sweap, but mainly wanted to point out the skill nearly no barb uses. Barbs got a great morai skill exactly to make use of their indestructible side when there is no real tanking role. On my server, there is only 1 barb that actually uses this for every 100 barbs that say exactly what you did.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While everyone forgot that barb is a lot more vulnerable in human form... b:sweat
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    and without me being able to kill them aswell... u call that balance? forcing your team to focus the tank, cause the tank is completely taunting and disrupting the team 1by1 w\o being able to do anything?

Keeping what is likely the strongest damage dealer on the opposing team from doing (much) harm isn't taunting. It's tactically removing an enemy asset, probably a strong one even. You seem to be of the mindset that you can defeat someone only by killing... especially in TWs, that's not the case. One casting of Chromatic Seal or Silent Seal on the barb effectively locks that barb in place for a bit, as to my knowledge barbs don't get the purify proc item.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wtf you talking about barbs have few nice CCs

and i didnt ask to remove it, but to just nerf its efficiency mass-pvp wise, giving it a major cooldown or a chi cost

purify is a ******n 8% chance, and you have to actually receive damage to proc it...
    R9rr has double the chance of the R8r purify proc, and you just stated the R8r rate.

not a plain free 60% chance...

in the time we proc a purify, you proced mighty swing 6 times ....
    It's 50/50 chance between paralyze and freeze, if it's freeze you can distance shrink, they will have to catch up to you, if you are unable to do anything at all in the time you are not paralyzed, what are you doing, sleeping?

and how do you stay away from barbs since they have a natural gap closer (11ms speed)
    They need to be in human form to use the skill

your logic is: it's ok to spam the proc, instead of fighting you just have to run around

Like I stated before in a different post, as you won't argue with a "fake alt", your posts are full of incorrect and false statements, just stop and get your facts right already, you're making yourself look like an uninformed QQ'er.

Ofcourse you're going to be locked down if you get locked by multiple people, just like how a barb would be locked down if he encountered multiple wizards. Granted they know what they're doing.

Making paralyze not work through anti-stun and what not would just be... a normal stun.

If you can't handle human form barbs, learn to play.
    or as the people would say
    "Git Gud"
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The real problem with the new mighty swing is it being 100% accuracy.

Maybe its cooldown is a bit short enough, but the most OP thing on that skill is being 100% accuracy, even an archer with 30k+ evasion won't ever evade that ****.

I agree with how the things went, barbs are meant to "Tank", if they can't do damage on PvP they must: Be focused OR have anything to disturb enemies.

But I really disagree on the 100% accuracy thing, maybe they could give 100% accuracy for a Primal Bestial Onslaught, but 100% accuracy CC is bullsheet.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trands
    edited May 2014
    Keeping what is likely the strongest damage dealer on the opposing team from doing (much) harm isn't taunting. It's tactically removing an enemy asset, probably a strong one even.

Of course it's a strategy, but the point is : should a game allow that kind of strategy, and if yes, to what extend?

Imo, the game shouldn't allow that kind of strategy in a prolonged and indefinate way. It's a mechanism that has no other goal then pissing the target off and kill the fun for a specific person. Considering the case here, with the others in Hot's squad, locking him is not a strategic purpose. At least not entirely.

Only once in a blue moon it will be really be done in a strategic purpose that actually gets the using party a win. For me, any form of control should be able to be purified by purify from cleric/mystic/sage psychic. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that weapon proc or genie can't break it. The way it is now, some control skills are to often game killing.
    edited May 2014
    By the other hand, a barb can easily be stopped and kited if you freeze him with Silent Seal/Tackling slash, easily out-ranged by each and every class in the game.

Wizards were always meant to kite melee classes, if you didn't learn this yet, it's about damn time you did.

Thats why Distance Shrink, Arcane Defense, Purify Spell, Slow from Gush and freeze from Hailsotrm exist in first place
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    do you actually know that it takes way way more than a gush or hailstorm to take down an endgame barb right?
    you cant land anything on anyone if you have a 1-2 seconds mirror between the first paralyze proc and the next one

and how about the classes that cant leap?

gg?

a permanent stunlock with no counter (cept tidal) is that legit now?

if those barbs wanted to get more than just annoy me they should've called AA and in that case i would've been dead in matter of seconds...

but i wasnt the primary target, cause my other squadmates have deftly better DD output than me (deity archers, sin)

tho that kind of "asset removal" could've been performed by any-geared barbs... the effectiveness would've been the same... and the trade would've been 2 undergeared non-threats to take out an endgame primary threat

is that legit?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited May 2014
    do you actually know that it takes way way more than a gush or hailstorm to take down an endgame barb right?
    you cant land anything on anyone if you have a 1-2 seconds mirror between the first paralyze proc and the next one

gg?

if those barbs wanted to get more than just annoy me they should've called AA and in that case i would've been dead in matter of seconds...

but i wasnt the primary target, cause my other squadmates have deftly better DD output than me (deity archers, sin)

tho that kind of "asset removal" could've been performed by any-geared barbs... the effectiveness would've been the same... and the trade would've been 2 undergeared non-threats to take out an endgame primary threat

is that legit?

If you have 1~2 seconds reaction time you can easily distance shrink away to Sutra->Hail->Divine Pyrogram->Glacial Snare-> (sutra ends... maybe) Frozen Flame (maybe stuns?) -> Sandstrom -> Stone rain (if you're demon maybe stuns... rarely tho) -> OMG barb is almost near -> Force of Will -> To Distance Shrink again -> To spatial reversion -> More damage -> Ops more distance shrink there you go! -> Can't you do that?

I see your ranting is about having to focus a barb... But that's his job... be focused. Duh.

I agree, Primal Mighy swing should have 8s cooldown instead of 6s.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    trands wrote: »
    Raging slap
    Could mention some other things like clean sweap, but mainly wanted to point out the skill nearly no barb uses. Barbs got a great morai skill exactly to make use of their indestructible side when there is no real tanking role. On my server, there is only 1 barb that actually uses this for every 100 barbs that say exactly what you did.

Raging slap - disrupts the target and makes you aware of the "object's" presence in the battlefield, it doesn't cc or debuff or damage or anything, it just yells "hey where did my target go", those 8 seconds the target is able to do everything, only on a different target. But firstly u need to get melee range to do that...which a DD should be able to stop that easy.

Clean sweap is a luck based skill, that can either give u a great advantage or make u go human just for the lolz(i preffer the r8rr for that purpose tyvm).

what part of kitting and denying him to reach u.... didn't get to u?

just cc and happy continue your onslaught.

kite

gg?

The other classes have their own defense/cc capabilities, mind your own

perma with a 50-60% chance right? so now is not ok in single target pvp anymore right?
    you want counter? KITE KITE KITE. you are not supposed to stay put like a tank and receive hits, thats why you are AA right?

what counter a barb has to be sure it does CC u and not activate puri proc?

so you'rE mad that you ...a Wizard DD are getting stoped from dealing your smallest dmg out of all classes?

Just stop please.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    trands wrote: »
    Of course it's a strategy, but the point is : should a game allow that kind of strategy, and if yes, to what extend?

Imo, the game shouldn't allow that kind of strategy in a prolonged and indefinate way. It's a mechanism that has no other goal then pissing the target off and kill the fun for a specific person. Considering the case here, with the others in Hot's squad, locking him is not a strategic purpose. At least not entirely.
    How else would you deal with a kiting wizzie whose hitpoints are so high that standard stuns are ineffective at locking it down long enough for DDs to deal with it? R9, JOSDs, +12 orbs, and now war avatars and the spirit stat give those characters a level of endurance that allows them to tank for short durations.
    Only once in a blue moon it will be really be done in a strategic purpose that actually gets the using party a win. For me, any form of control should be able to be purified by purify from cleric/mystic/sage psychic. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that weapon proc or genie can't break it. The way it is now, some control skills are to often game killing.
    Agreed. But NOT the auto-purify from the R9. Imho, remove both that purify proc from R9, and the unbreakable nature of these stuns. That way -all- the R9 arcanes will have to rely on healers to keep them from being stunlocked consistently.

is that legit?
    2 lower geared players making sure that 1 overgeared one isn't able to do a whole lot? Yea, I don't consider that broken balance. At all. You require 2 players on team A to disable someone on team B, and those 2 players can't do anything else but keep that one person busy... So team B should have a free man, who can in turn take on one of those barbs.

Group play requires teamwork. I am getting the impression that you seem to feel that being overgeared should grant you immunity from undergeared players, Hot... I hope I'm wrong there.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • trands
    edited May 2014
    Raging slap - disrupts the target and makes you aware of the "object's" presence in the battlefield, it doesn't cc or debuff or damage or anything, it just yells "hey where did my target go", those 8 seconds the target is able to do everything, only on a different target. But firstly u need to get melee range to do that...which a DD should be able to stop that easy.

A skill that forces an enemy to target the barb, THE tank class, is a great skill and something barbs needed. That skill is really powerfull in the hands of a good barb. It's a skill that saves squad members and wins NW maps, all that without being totally OP or plain annoying for a fellow player.
    How else would you deal with a kiting wizzie whose hitpoints are so high that standard stuns are ineffective at locking it down long enough for DDs to deal with it? R9, JOSDs, +12 orbs, and now war avatars and the spirit stat give those characters a level of endurance that allows them to tank for short durations.

Hot's squad sure had a gear edge, but don't present it like the other side was TT60 only b:laugh

The reason Hot was factored out was because it was Hot. Considering his squad members, he wasn't the logic and obvious choice damage/skill/gear/class wise. While I don't really like Hot, I do find that the game shouldn't offer this kind easy taunting. Skills that totally factor out a player without being able to break in anyway shouldn't exist imo.
    Agreed. But NOT the auto-purify from the R9. Imho, remove both that purify proc from R9, and the unbreakable nature of these stuns. That way -all- the R9 arcanes will have to rely on healers to keep them from being stunlocked consistently.

That would be taking out purify proc and have the primal mighty swing being no upgrade at all.
    I would like to see that every cc can be purified by an ally, and "advanced" ones just not by purify proc and genie. Status that can't be purified by an ally should either not exist or be short lasting with long cd and good cast cost. Paralyze and godseal are real fun killers in group pvp. As soon as your name is slightly known, you're basically factored out the fights without any strategic reason.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    If you have 1~2 seconds reaction time you can easily distance shrink away to Sutra->Hail->Divine Pyrogram->Glacial Snare-> (sutra ends... maybe) Frozen Flame (maybe stuns?) -> Sandstrom -> Stone rain (if you're demon maybe stuns... rarely tho) -> OMG barb is almost near -> Force of Will -> To Distance Shrink again -> To spatial reversion -> More damage -> Ops more distance shrink there you go! -> Can't you do that?

I see your ranting is about having to focus a barb... But that's his job... be focused. Duh.

I agree, Primal Mighy swing should have 8s cooldown instead of 6s.

wow i am getting my class teached by someone that didnt know the only way to complete Primal maternity quest was to wait the blue seal on the mobs

they should really take away the possibility for toxic players to post cancer comments such yours and slamstones...

sutra hail divine pyro glacial snare... first those skills wont land in the period of time the barbs will rush back at you (30mts shrink are covered in 3 seconds by barbs), you will most likely land the first hit then you will get CCd (as per video)
    second you wont even kill an unsharded g16 barb with said skills (as per video)
    third if you have said skills you dont have frozen flame and sandstorm? sandstorm has the chan+cast time of 3 mighty swings lol
    you cant even use sandfall or pitfall since the skill is 100% accuracy...

i am ****ing tired to have to deal with biased cancer players toxic comments..
    the only players here that are agreeing with the proc are barbs themselves or sins (only class immune to the proc)

@everyn: 2 undergeared players of any other class wont remotely do the amount of asspain 2 undergeared barbs can do... so this is not balance... if you want to balance this give the same feature to all the classes.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• lavianultima
    lavianultima Posts: 28
    edited May 2014
    why is there so much complaints on barb mighty swing, its just one stun.

Bm's has more stun than barbs.

wizzies do more damage than barbs.

all who complained about barbs being imbalanced are just plain weak players who depends on their gear and have no skill in real pvp.

its not the toon thats good its how you use the toon.

Complaints from weak players, without any real skill.

Archosaur - LordGrayBack
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    why is there so much complaints on barb mighty swing, its just one spammable, non-purifiable stun that cannot be blocked outside of invincibility, never misses, is guranteed to CC someone unless they have tidal, and costs zero resources whatsoever

Give ANY other class something like this and people would complain just as much. BM version has a cost and isn't spammable. Veno version has a cost and a major cooldown. Barb version? Yeah that one's kinda sorta totally screwed up and if it were suggested before Purify Spell existed (which not every class has access to, FYI) would have been laughed out of the forum as a ridiculously OP piece of junk that shouldn't ever come into existence.

It's the exact same problem all the skilled players who care about balance have with Purify: The barb version of this has far too many perks with no real drawback. And, to be frank, if you wanna claim having to get out of tiger form is a drawback then all I can do is laugh at you and classify you as one of those, "weak players, without any real skill," you were talking about.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    why is there so much complaints on barb mighty swing, its just one stun.

Bm's has more stun than barbs.

wizzies do more damage than barbs.

all who complained about barbs being imbalanced are just plain weak players who depends on their gear and have no skill in real pvp.

its not the toon thats good its how you use the toon.

Complaints from weak players, without any real skill.

Archosaur - LordGrayBack

k, check my vid... find me a flaw in me trying to deal with those barbs..

you just cant deal with it... you get the paralyze, if there is a follow up by another paralyze and\or AA you are dead
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    why is there so much complaints on barb mighty swing, its just one stun. Correction, it's a paralyze.

Bm's has more stun than barbs. Their paralyze costs 1 spark and has a reasonable cooldown. The rest of their stuns can be avoided with anti-stun buffs. Plus, BMs are mostly a support-oriented class so that's kinda their job.

wizzies do more damage than barbs. Wizards are attack oriented, Barbarians are tank oriented...

its not the toon thats good its how you use the toon. People complained about Purify proc. In the end they adapted to it but that doesn't mean Purify proc became balanced.

Have Mighty Swing have a 15sec cooldown or cost 20 chi. Nobody said to completely remove it, it's good for Barbarians to have something new up their sleeve, but the way it's designed right now is pretty silly.

Although I highly doubt we'll see any actual modification to these paralyze skills but I'm expecting to see a counter to it in the near future if there are enough complaints. I just hope the new counter won't be even more broken.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just hope the new counter won't be even more broken.

We always say this, and yet it always is.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    We always say this, and yet it always is.

Let us dream. Our imagination is still safe! ;o;
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have Mighty Swing have a 15sec cooldown or cost 20 chi. Nobody said to completely remove it, it's good for Barbarians to have something new up their sleeve, but the way it's designed right now is pretty silly.

Although I highly doubt we'll see any actual modification to these paralyze skills but I'm expecting to see a counter to it in the near future if there are enough complaints. I just hope the new counter won't be even more broken.

I hope the new counter will counter all stuns. Because sure this is a paralyse not stun but really how much does it matter when multiple classes have so many stuns they can keep you looked all the time while you have anti stun only to prevent half of it? (and that include genie use that i would much prefer to use for different thigs) Makes the BM and sin arsenal still more potent than this 1 50% chance barb skill.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Makes the BM and sin arsenal still more potent than this 1 50% chance barb skill.

Apples and oranges.

BMs are a support class, of course their stuns are more potent, except that they are pretty useless vs. casters with purify proc but also their stuns require chi and/or have reasonable cooldowns. Except the new paralyze.

Rotp? 20/35 chi, 15sec cd. Disarm? 35chi, 60sec. Star smite? requires a pole for 33% chance to stun if target is 10m away. Dragon rising? 1 spark, 15sec.

Sins? Sins are a whole different subject imo.

Unless you have a terrible day 50%/60% is enough to proc a lot.

Same concept at purify proc imo, it's not impossible to deal with but that doesn't mean its balanced. its a pretty strong/broken mechanic added on a skill that has 0 drawback for using it. Just like purify pro = 0 drawback, gof = you lose some HP
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Same concept at purify proc imo, it's not impossible to deal with but that doesn't mean its balanced. its a pretty strong/broken mechanic added on a skill that has 0 drawback for using it. Just like purify pro = 0 drawback, gof = you lose some HP

Why? Why do people keep saying Purify Spell has no cost when it requires someone to hit the user to activate it? Unless the target's significantly undergeared (as often seen vs upper/top geared arcanes in NW vs lower end targets "constantly triggering it"), the cost in receiving damage for a shot at its activation is still a cost/drawback all the same.

GoF? All you have to do is keep attacking the target with direct-damaging skills (which brings them that much closer to dying) That is already a favorable outcome....so it has a cost on the user's HP

Purge? Keep attacking and it'll eventually dispell the target's buffs, making them that much easier to kill. The cost? Nothing, save that it only works on skills without secondary effects and its fairly low trigger rate.

Purify Spell? Requires you to be attacked for a chance to get its effects, and depending on what is hitting you can be anywhere between barely any damage to a substantial amount.

Whether the effect is too strong for the cost is one thing, but it does have the drawback of being an effect that only triggers as a defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love how when it comes to something more OP countering something OP, people are saying things I've said months ago b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Give ANY other class something like this and people would complain just as much. BM version has a cost and isn't spammable. Veno version has a cost and a major cooldown. Barb version? Yeah that one's kinda sorta totally screwed up and if it were suggested before Purify Spell existed (which not every class has access to, FYI) would have been laughed out of the forum as a ridiculously OP piece of junk that shouldn't ever come into existence.

It's the exact same problem all the skilled players who care about balance have with Purify: The barb version of this has far too many perks with no real drawback. And, to be frank, if you wanna claim having to get out of tiger form is a drawback then all I can do is laugh at you and classify you as one of those, "weak players, without any real skill," you were talking about.

Just because it's a MINOR drawback, does NOT mean that it isn't a drawback at all.

Yes the skilled barbs can really make it work for them, even without epic gear, and the ones who are in epic gear this skill is indeed oped/extremely difficult to (preemptively, and consistently) counter, still the dumb/insanely under-geared barbs can and will be hampered a bit by being in human form to spam this skill. after all barbs have lower defenses, and even slightly less hp while in human form. (People were saying the same about the purify proc, it was mainly the insanely uberly geared/skilled people who were really making that proc stupidly ridiculously oped/hard to counter.)

Also the fact that it has a 50% chance to EITHER paralyze or IMMOBILIZE... (technically its a 100% chance to do one or the other...) but still if it only immobilizes, most people should be able to do something... (stun/mana drain, push back (mystics), or something else)... to keep the barb from reusing the skill) to keep that barb from using that skill again.

One more thing about it, is the fact that it costs mana, and barbs have insanely low reserves of it, and there is a genie skill that can really take away a melee's mana pool, leaving that barb in human form/unable to cast the oped skill.

---

I realize NONE of these are the major drawbacks ANYONE is wanting to see, but they ARE drawbacks nonetheless, as I pointed out in my first sentence just because it's a minor drawback does NOT mean it isn't a drawback at all.

In other words (this is a bit out of place) but meh nonetheless, I agree it is an rather oped skill, without any major/true drawback.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One more thing about it, is the fact that it costs mana, and barbs have insanely low reserves of it, and there is a genie skill that can really take away a melee's mana pool, leaving that barb in human form/unable to cast the oped skill.

...trying to decide if trolling or...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...trying to decide if trolling or...

I was just going by what I was told by others, that the genie mana drain skill can be haxed if used against a melee character, but aye I haven't witnessed that one first hand. :X

Edit: after doing some math, with the right genie (str stat in genie) and lvl 10 Qi manipulation, one could drain a whopping 1600 mana from a barb/melee character, and while it is indeed over 15 seconds, while the cooldown of the oped skill is indeed 6 seconds, it c o u l d potentially cause a barb/melee to back off of someone.

Now again I FULLY realize this is NOT the major drawback ANYONE is looking for but it IS a drawback. /edit
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ok since we now have pretty much 2 OP skills (this one and onslaught) with all advantages and no drawbacks but not that much other than that, ye maybe the opness should be diversified. Increased cooldown on MS and add us a jump skill (usable in human form !) please b:pleased
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Jabra_ - Dreamweaver
    Jabra_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gez you guys QQ a lot..

This is the only time that barb get a good CC in 1 year. For 5 years barbs only gotten 50% if sage or 60% demon for mighty swing. Compare that to other classes that are guaranteed to stun (sins) (Bms) etc. And dont say O our lvl 79 skill( untamed wraith) is a stun because it only 2 secs..

And good luck trying change might swing. It is barbs lvl 16 skills, it cant be change or all the other classes have to get their skills change. >.<
    edited May 2014
    wow i am getting my class teached by someone that didnt know the only way to complete Primal maternity quest was to wait the blue seal on the mobs

they should really take away the possibility for toxic players to post cancer comments such yours and slamstones...

sutra hail divine pyro glacial snare... first those skills wont land in the period of time the barbs will rush back at you (30mts shrink are covered in 3 seconds by barbs), you will most likely land the first hit then you will get CCd (as per video)
    second you wont even kill an unsharded g16 barb with said skills (as per video)
    third if you have said skills you dont have frozen flame and sandstorm? sandstorm has the chan+cast time of 3 mighty swings lol
    you cant even use sandfall or pitfall since the skill is 100% accuracy...

i am ****ing tired to have to deal with biased cancer players toxic comments..
    the only players here that are agreeing with the proc are barbs themselves or sins (only class immune to the proc)

@everyn: 2 undergeared players of any other class wont remotely do the amount of asspain 2 undergeared barbs can do... so this is not balance... if you want to balance this give the same feature to all the classes.

You understand fairly well what I said: Kite (for short)

A barb cannot use his 'mighty swing' in tiger/panda form, in human form barbs are slow ****s, you have holy path too if you ever think you ran out of kite skills.

Stop the non-sense 'Skill mod suggestions' here, they won't send skill related suggestions to china, post this QQ in PvP ponderings sub-forum instead.

Wizards are MEANT to kite, Swing's stun/freeze duration is 4s while cooldown is 6, you have a response time (freeze/stun won't reset timer when applied over an existing freeze)...

The same way you're irritated by 2 barbs CC'ng you, a barb would be annoyed for being CC'ed by 2 undergeared wizards (He would be unable to reach any of them and would be taking lots of free damage).

And dude, being "Endgame" doesn't mean you're supposed to be way stronger than "undergeared" or "any-geared". The game system is this, always been, there is nothing new and nothing out of what the game always was (besides they giving something to barbs to counter the purify spell overpowerness), you knew it.

Do as the rest of the people "Endgame" or "undergeared" and deal with it.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]