Reincarnation FAQ

Options

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the info regarding EXP items in Answer 9 of the FAQ. Does anyone know if the Merit Badge Class 1-5 are usable after Rebirth ? Got a whole bunch of them in the Assault event today and wonder if its worth keeping them till I re-awaken.

These should work at the level req that's on them, but I have none to test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    These should work at the level req that's on them, but I have none to test.

Thanks for very quick reply. Requirement is lvl 20 but I'll keep till i get a bit stuck and need a boost, along with my Morai Experience Jades
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Updated Q9 with a more detailed answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the info regarding EXP items in Answer 9 of the FAQ. Does anyone know if the Merit Badge Class 1-5 are usable after Rebirth ? Got a whole bunch of them in the Assault event today and wonder if its worth keeping them till I re-awaken.

tested on 1st rebirth worked..very well
  • zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    tested on 1st rebirth worked..very well

Thanks Mosz for confirming what 'should' work does actually b:chuckle ( Morai server here ) and to Eoria for this very useful thread.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    bump for forum cleaning purposes

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think that people are putting way too much focus on the 'stats bonus' portion of reincarnation. I came across too many people saying "its not worth going back reincarnating for a lil bit of stats", because they are not aware of the other benefits of reincarnation. imo, pwi team/guide makers should have advertise more on those other perks of reincarnation:
    1. Access to the new area: Prime World.
    2. Access to 4 new daily quest at 50+,80+ and 100+ (x2)
    3. Upgraded and merged skills.
    4. New Instance.
    5. New quest line, with tons of exp, and avatar cards rewards.

First, my comment: I kinda felt like I was getting a late start re-awakening, but i was close enough to 102(about 70-ish %) to finish gettin to 102 before i rebirthed, if you will. I'm findining out, and most enjoyably, just how much these cards help your stats(I made an oops n started devouring a bunch of cards, then i replaced one C card w/ a B card b:chuckle

OK, 1st question, can you devour a C card form a B card, in other words use a C card to level a B card?

2nd question, more important, I'm at the part of the Legendary new yellow questline and it says to find the "corridors of so n so's(Yeh Kuhan) happy childhood memories", I have no clue, I had just finished speaking to Miss Chiu in Sanctuary. Where do i go, to the bridge outside sanctuary? I looked thru the database n started looking thru the forum(OMG, too many posts n pages).

1 last question, can you turn in 10 C cards for a B card at anytime n where, cuz i went to primal and the avatar guy was grey not yellow, or is it after you do your daily or the Green available quest? TY 4 any answers, been a bit busy in the game, n yeh, i had my doubts but glad i did the reawakening n I like the way any new players r early on taken care of(I have a few lowbies, hehe). b:thanks
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
    edited January 2014
    Options
    First, is there a listing of the new Legendary questline "Deja Vu" somewhere in the database or wiki)a friend of mine doesn't seem to have it on his questlist and he's reawakened already)?

And last question, about Nuema: can you use Nuema to "level" the tier of a position without having a card in that position? I just farmed a bunch of tier 1-4 Nuema the last few days and have no cards yet in Soulprime and Lifeprime and hav e Nuema for those, hence the question. I know there is another thread about Nuema but I couldn't get that specific info from it, TY b:thanks
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Q12. When can I use my veno pets again?

A13.

Reincarnated level >= Pet level - 35 - (2 * # of reincarnations)

Or basically around level 40-45 for level 100 pets.

I know Mayfly already commented on the answer being incorrect for this one, but I just wanted to confirm this as well. With a level 100 pet (at first reincarnation at least) you need to be level 60 again before you can use it. Would be good if the information could be correctly updated on the first page for those poor, confused venos who miss their pets, like mine :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OK, 1st question, can you devour a C card form a B card, in other words use a C card to level a B card?

Yes, you can, exp isn't lost in this process, it adds exp to that B card which can then be devoured into an A and so on.
    2nd question, more important, I'm at the part of the Legendary new yellow questline and it says to find the "corridors of so n so's(Yeh Kuhan) happy childhood memories", I have no clue, I had just finished speaking to Miss Chiu in Sanctuary. Where do i go, to the bridge outside sanctuary? I looked thru the database n started looking thru the forum(OMG, too many posts n pages).

Yes, you go to that bridge, you should get co-ords, (enable show/hide quests) and run in little circles at this spot, several small children spawn and run down the to the middle of the bridge and you then speak to the NPC there.
    1 last question, can you turn in 10 C cards for a B card at anytime n where, cuz i went to primal and the avatar guy was grey not yellow, or is it after you do your daily or the Green available quest?

This is a one time deal, you don't actually trade in your cards, it's a simply a reward for having collected 10 C/B/A for which you are given one B/A/S pack. You may have already turned it in w/o realising and think you haven't as it would have consumed your cards. (doesn't consume)
    First, is there a listing of the new Legendary questline "Deja Vu" somewhere in the database or wiki)a friend of mine doesn't seem to have it on his questlist and he's reawakened already)?

Deja Vu - PWDatabase
    And last question, about Nuema: can you use Nuema to "level" the tier of a position without having a card in that position?

Yes, you can.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yes, you can, exp isn't lost in this process, it adds exp to that B card which can then be devoured into an A and so on.

Yes, you go to that bridge, you should get co-ords, (enable show/hide quests) and run in little circles at this spot, several small children spawn and run down the to the middle of the bridge and you then speak to the NPC there.

This is a one time deal, you don't actually trade in your cards, it's a simply a reward for having collected 10 C/B/A for which you are given one B/A/S pack. You may have already turned it in w/o realising and think you haven't as it would have consumed your cards. (doesn't consume)

Deja Vu - PWDatabase

Yes, you can.

Thank you very much! There was another question I thought of last night but I forgot(it'll come back to me later I'm sure)! b:chuckle Ah yes, does your war avatar book keep track of how many cards you have accumulated(not sure if that was the question I was thinking of) even if you have devoured other cards(I know there is a post about War Avatar titles somewhere)?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't believe it does. For the accumulate 10 C/B/A cards and get a B/A/S card quests, I believe you have to have them in inventory (equipped or in War Avatar bag or main inventory) to meet the requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited January 2014
    Options
    does your war avatar book keep track of how many cards you have accumulated(not sure if that was the question I was thinking of) even if you have devoured other cards(I know there is a post about War Avatar titles somewhere)?

The war avatar book is a like a picture diary of all the unique cards you have obtained whether you still have them or not, obtaining a unique one unlock the book card. There is a counter which tracks your progress in collecting all 218 cards and the new titles are based off this. Hovering over a card you have already obtained in the past will display its picture and the stats for a lvl 1 card.

As Mayfly mentions to get the reward for the 10 c/b/a cards you need to have them in yojr bag or equipped at the time of handing in the quest.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I've been told that once reincarnated you get extra stats as you level (in addition to the 20+) and that these depend on your reincarnation level. So if you reincarnate from 105, you can get many more stat points, not just the 20-76 you'd get from reincarnating at 100-105.

Can anyone else confirm this?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I've been told that once reincarnated you get extra stats as you level (in addition to the 20+) and that these depend on your reincarnation level. So if you reincarnate from 105, you can get many more stat points, not just the 20-76 you'd get from reincarnating at 100-105.

Can anyone else confirm this?

No this is not correct. For you "current toon" you get 5 points by level regardless of your previous incarnations.
    You get additional stats at first and second rebirth depending on the level you had when reincarating (which can be upped later on via the demon book)
    But there is nothing like what you described above (or i didn't understand your post)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • mrcharlythree
    mrcharlythree Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No this is not correct. For you "current toon" you get 5 points by level regardless of your previous incarnations.
    You get additional stats at first and second rebirth depending on the level you had when reincarating (which can be upped later on via the demon book)
    But there is nothing like what you described above (or i didn't understand your post)

So if I reincarnate at 100 I get 5 points per level + 20.

If I then dump exp into Ancient Tomb until it equiv levels 'old toon' to 105, which extra do I get:

A) 5x5 = 25

B) 5x5 + 56
    (56 coming from 76-20)

C) 5x5 + 76
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So if I reincarnate at 100 I get 5 points per level + 20.

If I then dump exp into Ancient Tomb until it equiv levels 'old toon' to 105, which extra do I get:

A) 5x5 = 25

B) 5x5 + 56
    (56 coming from 76-20)

C) 5x5 + 76

The 5 stats per lvl only ever applies to your current lvl.

The bonus stats of a max of 76 comes from having a reawakened old lvl of 105.

So the answer is D) 56.

Your old lvl was 100 when you reawakened so you only got 20 out of the 76 points for 105.

As you dump exp into old lvl you reclaim the bonus i.e. the 56 points you missed by reawakening early.

The 5 points per lvl you get by leveling your current level to 105.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • mrcharlythree
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ty

Since reborn get xp*2 and superior skills, it seems efficient to reawaken at 100, relevel to 100 then dump exp into ancient tomb (said exp being earned at double the rate).
  • Sulin - Momaganon
    Sulin - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Q6. If I reincarnate at level 100/101/102/103/104, will I permanently lose out on the extra stat points?

A6. No.

ist right but i will loose normal lvl Points!!!

example:

my old char is 100 and will get 20 Points when i reborn. than i can lvl my old char with the book and will get 56 Points till iam 105.
    so my old char gets 76 Points.

but:

my old chars is lvl 105 i got 25 Points for lvl normaly to 105 and than i reborn and gain 76 Points. so i got 101 Points.

so when i reborn with

100 = 76 Points
    105 = 101 Points

right?b:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wrong. When you rebirth, the stat points you had are erased. You start over with the base 20 stat points (5 in each stat) plus the rebirth bonus (20 if you rebirth at 100, 76 if you rebirth at 105.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sulin - Momaganon
    Sulin - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ah damn ok ty now i understand
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Q6. If I reincarnate at level 100/101/102/103/104, will I permanently lose out on the extra stat points?

A6. No.

ist right but i will loose normal lvl Points!!!

example:

my old char is 100 and will get 20 Points when i reborn. than i can lvl my old char with the book and will get 56 Points till iam 105.
    so my old char gets 76 Points.

but:

my old chars is lvl 105 i got 25 Points for lvl normaly to 105 and than i reborn and gain 76 Points. so i got 101 Points.

so when i reborn with

100 = 76 Points
    105 = 101 Points

right?b:surrender

Wrong. There are two types of points - normal (5 per level) and bonus (based on historical reawakened lvl).

You get normal points on your current character. These are ALL sacrificed when you reawaken and are given bonus points. (76 total for 105 or yet to be released through ancient tome with historic leveling)

You don't get to carry over normal points, these reset and accumulate on your current character as you level up.

So in both situations you would end up with the same stats.

Edit: ninja'ed by the PWI Info Fox :x
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • mrcharlythree
    edited January 2014
    Options
    PWI ninja info fox

A player I know reincarnated once, should have 56 extra points.

They have 92 extra. They don't understand how or why.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    PWI ninja info fox

A player I know reincarnated once, should have 56 extra points.

They have 92 extra. They don't understand how or why.

Screen shot please? Showing their character sheet.

A 104 on first rebirth should have 56 distributable points at level 1, plus up to 4 more if they have restatted Vit and/or Mag below 5. Don't forget though, that stats from tome and ornaments (and rank equipment that doesn't have a stat requirement) will still be applied, and appear as green stats. If your friend is counting those points as extra, they're not from rebirth but from the equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrcharlythree
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I might see if I can get a screenshot from them, with toon name removed.

It is a mystery. They've been playing the game a long time and are a bit perplexed by what has happened.
  • UubDeviant - Lost City
    UubDeviant - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I cannot activate any of the primal world quests, dailes, nothing. no npc in primal world has a quest for me except the mirror guy and his just keeps repeating..."meditate for 10 seconds to feel the energy of primal world..." and nothing happens after I do.
    I did rebirth the day of the expansion and I am still struggling at lvl83, it would be nice if I could participate in the quest chains designed for the reborn player.

other parts of forum say
    "...Q1. Where do I go to reincarnate?

A1. Follow the purple quest that says to go to General Summer. It will lead you to the Master of Cycles NPC. There you will receive the ITEM and means to reincarnate.
    ...but I don't recall getting an 'item', is it possible this was accidentally sold to an npc? what is it? can I get another 'item'? will this 'item' allow me to participate in primal world dailies and quests? I don't know what's going on, I have flown over every inch of primal world and no npc has a lighted quest for me. please help!
  • ramoncitodelperu
    ramoncitodelperu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    im a lvl 100 2nd reborn and my current demon book EXP is about 1 milion higher as the 'remaining EXP for' , but the edit buton is still not active. Can some1 please tell me what im doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your help!
  • CuddlesPanda - Raging Tide
    CuddlesPanda - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    just hit level 91 RB , so I got the wishes and says give to the Yeh Kuhan? Went to him by Silverpool but can't hand it in o.O...is there another Yeh I supposed to go too
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    just hit level 91 RB , so I got the wishes and says give to the Yeh Kuhan? Went to him by Silverpool but can't hand it in o.O...is there another Yeh I supposed to go too

Can you give me the quest name for this and I can look it up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• CuddlesPanda - Raging Tide
    CuddlesPanda - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Legendary quest
    -Real Hero
    .People's Voices