Reincarnation FAQ

Eoria - Harshlands
Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Dungeons & Tactics
Because I am tired of answering these questions.

Q1. Where do I go to reincarnate?

A1. Follow the purple quest that says to go to General Summer. It will lead you to the Master of Cycles NPC. There you will receive the item and means to reincarnate.

Q2. What are the stat point bonuses for each level?

A2.

100 = 20
101 = 25
102 = 32
103 = 42
104 = 56
105 = 76

Q3. Will I be able to wear my gear?

A3. Yes provided that you have the stat points statted or gained through other gear to wear it. Capes/necks/belts/rings/tome and r8/r8r armor will be available at level 1.

Q4. Will I keep all of my sage/demon skills and morai skills?

A4. Yes.

Q5. What are the requirements for first reincarnation?

A5. Level 100 and 89 culti completed.

Q6. If I reincarnate at level 100/101/102/103/104, will I permanently lose out on the extra stat points?

A6. No.

Q7. How do I get them then?

A7. When you hit level 100 again, you will be able to dump all of your new exp into your old character via the Ancient Tome and thus retroactively level that character to 105. The Ancient Tome records your current progress towards whichever level you were when you reincarnated.

Extended answer for people that really don't understand the above for whatever reason:
So upon reawakening the system records your current level, your current exp (every single xp) and then you are reawakened back to level one with the bonus stats from the table above as unallocated stat points.

This recording of info is held in a tab under your character info with an interface called an ancient tome. This allows you to summon/un summon a exp holder upon reaching level 100. Whilst summoned all the exp you gain collects there rather than being added to your character.

Lets say you were 103 and had needed 50m exp to level to 104 and at that point you reawakened. The tome will remember this and when you get back to lvl 100 you simply summon the tome (exp feed mode) do fc/pv whatever accumulate 50m exp into this summoned tome and can then edit your previous historic lvl to 104, which consumes the 50m exp into your historic lvl releasing the stat bonus for 104, i.e you will get 14 unallocated stat points to use as you wish when you do that.

In conclusion. It makes no difference, there is zero reason to wait to reach a certain level. There is no way to loose out on stat points. With historic leveling everyone can obtain max stat points.

An.al detail explanation for the people that still. do. not. get. it.:
Ok so I guess an*l detail will only suffice. Very well. Step by step. If you don't all get it by the end of this please uninstall lol.

100 = 20
101 = 25 (5)
102 = 32 (7)
103 = 42 (10)
104 = 56 (14)
105 = 76 (20)

Expansion arrives.
I am 103. I need 50m exp to lvl 104.

Reawaken.
System records my 103 with 50m to go. RA1 is 103
I go to lvl 1 with the 103 stat bonus (42) as unallocated points and 5 vit mag dex and str.

Lvl back to 100 (gain 5 points per lvl) Ancient tome access unlocked. Summon demon. All exp is now going into ancient tome.

Gain 50m exp from PV. Open ancient tome edit old character to 104. Gain 14 extra stat points as unallocated. RA1 is now 104.

Reawaken 2nd time. Go back to lvl 1. RA1 is 104. RA2 is 100. So I get as unallocated points bonus for 104 and 100. I.e. 56 + 20 = 76 unallocated stat points with 5 dex str vit mag.

Lvl back up to 100 (gaining 5 points per level like always).

Now I can summon demon. Gain exp. I need to gain 1.7bn exp to get my RA1 to 105. 66m to lvl my RA2 to 101.

So I summon demon collect 66m go to edit my RA2 to 101. Releasing the 5 points (that i would have got ontop of the 20 had I reawakened the second time at 101 instead of 100.

I then unsummon demon. Lvl my current character to 101 and get 5 points as you normally would.

Now I have a choice. Lvl my current character or my RA1 or RA2. I'll go with RA2 here as going from 101-102 there will give me 7 stat points. Instead of the normal 5 I get from current lvl. For the same xp. So I summin demon. Collect 267m xp over a few days. Once I have collected that much I edit RA2 to 102, relessing 7 unallocated stat points.

Now
-RA1 is 104 (need to collect 1.7bn xp)
-RA2 is 102 (need to collect 535m xp)
-current lvl is 101. (Need 267m to lvl)

So options. 267m xp for 5 stat points or 535m xp for 10 stat points. Either works. But I'll lvl current toon for the 5 sooner. Un summon demon ancient tome thing. Go fc pv. Lvl get 5 stat points.

Now summon demon go fc pv collect 535m xp and edit RA2 to 103. Releasing 10 stat points as unallocated.

Now hmm RA1 or RA2. I'll go RA1 so go fc pv for a month or two qq and edit this to 105. Releases 20 stat points!

Now do the same for RA2 go from 103 to 104 (gain 14 stat points) and the to 105 (gain 20)

Lastly un summon demon and lvl my current lvl to 105, getting 5 points per lvl.

Do all that in WHATEVER order you like, reawaken at WHATEVER lvl you want. In the end. You will get lvl 105 (5 stat points per lvl) with two historic lvls (RA1 & RA2) of 105 so a bonus 76 + 76=152 stat points to use where you like.

I personally will be ~920dex

Q8. How do I access the Ancient Tome?

A8. Go to your character info screen (hit C) and click the Ancient Tome tab at the bottom.

Q9. What exp items work?

A9.

Level 1- Fantasy Fruit, Celestial Tiger/Nien/New Years event packs, Trophy mode books with the exception of SoT/Aba (these scale off of level so you are much better off waiting until you are almost 100 again to use them), Profundity Scrolls

Level 10- Scarlet Fruit

Level 20- Merit Badges

Level 70- Brainpower Orbs obtained after this expansion went live (these scale off of level now so you're better off using when near 100)

Level 80- Orders of Blessing

Level 95- Experience Jades from Morai orders, Drunk Lotus Pills from EU

As a note, Brainpower Orbs and Orbs of Cultivation from BHes prior to the update do not work after reincarnation. Elemental Essences from Morai CS cannot be used until 100.

Q10. Do quests reset?

A10. Apparently not.

Q11. Will culti reset at all?

A11. No.

Q12. When can I use my veno pets again?

A13. Around level 60-65 for level 100 pets.

Q13. How many times can I reincarnate?

A13. This is currently capped at 2 times.

Q14. What about the second reincarnation?

A14. You need to reach Arcane Sky VI to get the page to craft the item to second reincarnate. In order to do that, you must do the quests and dailies in the Primal World and obtain Vitae to level your Boundary to Arcane Sky VI. Current progress can be viewed in the character info screen under your character portrait once the proper requisites have been fulfilled.

You will also receive extra stat points again depending on your level when you do the second reincarnation. Example: If you reincarnated the first time at level 105 and then reincarnate again at level 101, you will receive 101 extra stat points (76+25) at level 1 on your second reincarnation.

Aster has posted a video guide here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1657431

Q15. How do I obtain Vitae?

Q15. Do the dailies and quests in the Primal World and do BH2 after you hit 100. The first and second set of guild base trials also have a chance of giving vitae.

Alternatively, you can CS it, but you are limited to 800 extra vitae a day assuming you do the level 80 daily and BH2 as well.

Q16. What are the vitae dailies in the Primal World?

A16.

1. Assault on Sky Owl - 50+ - 250 vitae - Started at Resistance Force Spy at 348, 469
2. Defending Green - 80+ - 350 vitae - Started at Green Wood Heart Guardian at 324, 543
3. Raccoon Alliance - 100+ - 250 vitae - Started at Raccoon Bamboo Chief at 375, 506
4. Rescue Raccoon - 100+ - 250 vitae - Started at Raccoon Guard at 363, 559
5. Provision Convoy - 50+ - 100 vitae - Started at the Provision Convoy NPC in Story Mode. Will randomly appear after someone finishes the Assault on Sky Owl quest. Make sure to turn in before it disappears in Kirin Town.
6. Liu Soo's Plea - 100+ and Mirage Sky I - 250 vitae - Started at Queen Liu Soo at 336, 567
7. Heroic Warsong - 100+ and Mirage Sky I - 250 vitae - Started at Melancholy Soldier at 383, 625
8. Strangeness in the Snow - 1+ and Mirage Sky X - 400 vitae - Started at Explorer at 442, 557

Q17. Is the second rebirth yellow quest chain broken?

A17. This has since been fixed. Enjoy.

Q18. How do I get Mirage Sky?

A18. Your server must hit 100% on the Boundary stage and you have to be second reincarnated.

Q19. How do I get Astral Sky?

A19. You must max out Mirage Sky X. Then you will receive a pop-up the next time you enter Primal World to go see Astral Sky Envoy in Kirin Town. Talk to him and you will ascend to Astral Sky I.

Think that about covers it. Let me know if there's anything I should add.

Other New Horizons Guides:

-Bubbles's Expansion Thread
-Asterelle's Updated Skill Info FAQ
-Desdi's War Avatar Guide
-Neodaystar's Flowsilver Palace Guide
-Sinclere's Mini Nuema Guide
-xDeliciousx's Dailies Guide
-peckked's When to Reawaken/Leveling Guide
-Official Changes/Bugs/Glitches Thread
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
I <3 Subtraction.
/blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Post edited by Eoria - Harshlands on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aww you beat me to it D: was planning to attempt a reawakening mini-guide.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now we just need someone to sticky this and put it in huge red blinking capital letters in the starting forum page so people can ignore it anyway because stupidity has no limits and knows no boundaries.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    lol sorry. Just tired of answering every question in GC and felt like I'd answered the same **** like 100 times over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lol sorry. Just tired of answering every question in GC and felt like I'd answered the same **** like 100 times over.

At some point I pretended I know nothing so people will stop asking me over and over in-game b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will we have to redo any culti? Like, if we were clestial Sage, will we have to do all that again?
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will we have to redo any culti? Like, if we were clestial Sage, will we have to do all that again?

No, your culti is safe.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Would my experience be recorded? I'm currently 615 million exp into getting 105, meaning I'm at 104 sitting at 35.3%. Meaning if I reincarnate now, and after I hit 100 again, I can dump the exp I've gained during my reawakening into my previous 615m?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2013

Inference.

Will quests reset?->No.

But I guess I will add that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Milfhound - Harshlands
    Milfhound - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Would my experience be recorded? I'm currently 615 million exp into getting 105, meaning I'm at 104 sitting at 35.3%. Meaning if I reincarnate now, and after I hit 100 again, I can dump the exp I've gained during my reawakening into my previous 615m?

I annoyed Eo in guild yesterday with this one. b:laugh

It records your current progress towards next level.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So wait... if I reincarnate does that create a new toon that's a copy of my old one that I have to level up while i still retain my old toon with just a new way of leveling him? or Does it make my current toon lv 1 again? I think i'm confused about this.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    So wait... if I reincarnate does that create a new toon that's a copy of my old one that I have to level up while i still retain my old toon with just a new way of leveling him? or Does it make my current toon lv 1 again? I think i'm confused about this.

Think of it this way: you'll have two versions of yourself - your original character and your reincarnated character. You will never be able to go back to your original character outside of retroactively leveling it to 105 to get the extra stat points for your reincarnated character and the other bonuses like stealth detection, but that doesn't matter because your reincarnated character will eventually be better than it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What about crafting levels? Are those preserved?

Also, I read something on the veno page where you can't use your lv 100 pets until about lv 60. Any news on this?

Thanks for taking the effort. I'm gathering lots of info before I reincarnate either of my 101 toons.
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • skaitavia
    edited December 2013
    Think of it this way: you'll have two versions of yourself - your original character and your reincarnated character. You will never be able to go back to your original character outside of retroactively leveling it to 105 to get the extra stat points for your reincarnated character and the other bonuses like stealth detection, but that doesn't matter because your reincarnated character will eventually be better than it anyway.

The only downside is that you don't get the extra 20 stat points that reincarnating at 105 gives you if you reincarnate at 104.
  • Tirealaw - Dreamweaver
    Tirealaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013

A7. When you hit level 100 again, you will be able to dump all of your new exp into your old character via the Ancient Tome and thus retroactively level that character to 105. The Ancient Tome records your current progress towards whichever level you were when you reincarnated.

I'm so bad at counting, but I remember how much exp I had to gain to lvl my toon from 101 to 102. It's reincarnated now and I wonder would it be enough to lvl to 100 after 1st reincarnation and feed my exp to historical character and boost his historical lvl, cause It was a big difference between lvling to 100 and 102, how can I get SO much exp by lvling just to 100 and boost historical character to 105? I'm sorry for my English, not a native language, but my question actually is... How to get to 105 by this reborn system and get maxed additional states from it?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    The only downside is that you don't get the extra 20 stat points that reincarnating at 105 gives you if you reincarnate at 104.

But it doesn't matter because you can get those points eventually anyway. You just won't have them right when you reincarnate.
    Cornalll wrote:
    What about crafting levels? Are those preserved?

Also, I read something on the veno page where you can't use your lv 100 pets until about lv 60. Any news on this?

Crafting skills are preserved. idk why you'd think they'd get reset if level 11/morai skills stay.

Someone else will have to post the veno pet forumla so I can add it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No, you can't use your high level pets until you're not more than 40 (45 on second reincarnation) below them. But you're so stupidly OP that you will hardly miss them. I caught and leveled a walker to 30 in preparation, but I soloed most of FB39 (leveling from 36 to 41 in the process) this morning, and I wasn't using the pet to tank, not even for Farren and Calcid (well, Calcid always was easy for an arcane to range-tank.) You can tame a pet near your level if you want, but you'll hardly notice the lack if you don't... at least, not until you're at more than halfway to 6x and being able to summon your old pets.

Had to hop on my (9x) cleric and help out some reawakened 4x faction mates with Gluttonix last night though. Party of barbarian, assassin and venomancer wiped at the boss.
    Eoria wrote:
    Someone else will have to post the veno pet forumla so I can add it.

Reincarnated level >= Pet level - 35 - (2 * # of reincarnations)
    Skaitavia wrote:

You don't immediately get the extra 20 stat points; you can eventually get them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, a very detailed guide!

I'll tack on another question - which daily quests are available in Primal World and what are the requirements to access them?

My chain of quests ended yesterday at needing the 4th reincarnation. Today, the only quest I could pick up was the Owl Story Mode, where I had to get the sack of grain. No other NPC on the whole map had another quest.
  • skaitavia
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for the responses!

Also, do Elemental Essentials work after reincarnation? I know BH2 orbs don't, but the Elemental Essential from the Morai Crazy Stone daily quest doesn't say anything about that.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the BH2 orbs u got AFTER the update will work
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i got 35 points from 102 reincarnate
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    I'll tack on another question - which daily quests are available in Primal World and what are the requirements to access them?

My chain of quests ended yesterday at needing the 4th reincarnation. Today, the only quest I could pick up was the Owl Story Mode, where I had to get the sack of grain. No other NPC on the whole map had another quest.

My assumption is that this is the only daily we can get for the moment until probably 100 on first reincarnation. Also, the fourth reincarnation stuff is likely a mistranslation for Arcane Sky IV, but I won't be able to confirm this just yet.

And Skai, Elemental Essences won't work until you hit 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Eruvanda - Dreamweaver
    Eruvanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was level 104 and got 58 points, not 56.

Did anybody else get that? Are the known numbers wrong or how do you explain that? If the known numbers are wrong then I wonder what else information gathered previously are wrong b:shocked
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Great guide Eoria. I think that you answered a lot of questions that people would have clear, and concise. I vote it be stickied. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks a lot for these answers!!! b:victory
    Solved a lot of thinking for me haha b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • Theoclese - Harshlands
    Theoclese - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so, when looking on the event calendar, it says the new requirements for NW are 100+ and reawakened. Is this true? and if so, NW should be loads of fun with about 50 people on HL this week, myself not included. I know there is a lot of misinformation in game and things are glitched, so I was just wondering if this was true, or more misinformation?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Didn't check in-game, but smb posted a screenie from the description and it stated that it`s cross server NW, and we know China has it but we don`t, it`s probably a typo from our PWI staff`s part.

http://i.imgur.com/a9tH41T.png
  • feymir
    feymir Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After you reincarnate and hit 100 and dump exp into your historic self, if it levels do you get the extra stat points immediately or do you have to reincarnate again first?
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Eoria for the mini guide is a relief to know that, i will not loose the bonus of stats points (Q6 and Q7).Now i can reincarnate at 103.b:victory b:pleased
  • Eytukan - Heavens Tear
    Eytukan - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Do someone mind explaining to me how my old lvl 103 char can after reincarnation hit 105 if i dumbt the exp into the old char? from lvl 1 to 100 is 303m exp if i dont remember wrong, that wont even make me lvl to 104.

And some ppl make me confused saying u can't really go back to playing your old char. So what is the point in to put ur exp into the old char?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ty for the Info Eoria

Awesome explinations.

Well looks like TW seasons F`d for the year..time to drop faction and spam FC...lol

Grind On ! hehe